Time spent 53 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Zuppe

JMD #008 - Winner~

Postby Wolfswelpe » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:28 pm

What is a Jewel Mane Dragon?
A Jewel Mane Dragon - often shortened to JMD, is a large dragon-like creature with extremely soft fur covering its entire body and special “jewels” located on both it’s head and tail. These jewels hold special powers, and grant each dragon abilities based on the color of the jewel. Many years ago, Jewel Mane Dragons were hunted for their pelts and jewels which were made into fine garments and luxury items. Around the turn of the century, the practice of hunting JMDs was outlawed. Since then most have taken to adopting Jewel Mane Dragons as companions.

♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥

Next JMD!
I started this design with just some random colors.
Only the orange and white.
But after looking at it for a while...I noticed that this JMD looks so much like a Clownfish! x3
So I added a bit of black and a blue Jewel.

Because of that, it will have a contest that fits. (:

Well enough talking. Read further for the contest requirements. c;
To win this JMD just fill out the form below.
You may add extras to the form.
If you add something like a history or story though, make it not longer than 500 words.
Give and take a few, but if you go over 530 I won't count the extra.
You will not be disqualified, but I won't take the section into my judging and just ignore it.
Everything on the form is required, unless stated otherwise.
You can make the form as pretty as possible. I love pretty and organized forms.

The Form~

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Art: [may it be a drawing, story, poem, journal etc.] [at least 1 piece, can be more]
GIF/Pic:

Now information about the GIF/Pic section.
I want you to give me a cute, beautiful whatever gif or picture of a Clownfish.
Simple as that. :3

Also about the Art section. You may order for it. (:
End Date~

December 1st.
May end it later or earlier, depending on the number of entries.
Extras~

Like Hex-Codes, gift art etc.

-None-
That's it. :3
Good luck everyone!
Last edited by Wolfswelpe on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------
--------
--------
She/Her • Introverted • Eng/Ger

Trade Thread

Right now, I'm in Genshin Impact hell (as you can probably tell). Have been playing every day since launch haha. I don't have much time, but if you need help with smaller stuff, hit me up and I'll share my UID. I'm on the Europe server~

Genshin Impact Info
AR60 • EU Server • Playing since: Launch •
Favs: Wanderer, Kaveh, Furina, Nahida, Alhaitham, Zhongli, Albedo, Shenhe, Kazuha, Yoimiya & more

Image Image Image
Wolfswelpe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby epimetheus » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:35 pm

reserve !! what a cutie uwu
epimetheus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: JMD #008 - Open for adoption~

Postby ege » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:36 pm

possible reserve <3
ege

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby craig? » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:20 am

Username: Spottedpuppi
Name: Creat
Personality: Timid, Jokester, Reserved, Random
GIF/Pic:
ImageImageImageImageImage
please click and feed!!
craig?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:24 am

mark
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zuppe » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:18 am

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍
XXXater rising, surprising, how could float away!

Username:
            Honorablechickensoup
            Hello My name is Soup. I currently own 4 adult JMDs and am hoping to fill my last slot with this awesome little boy.

Name:
            Nemolus 'Nemo'
            Brother to Emiel, another one of my own JMDs. Nemolus was named not by his mother but by the orphanage who took him in as a small child. Most however call him Nemo.

Assigned female at birth but identifys as strictly male. He uses he/him/his/they/their pronouns.

Personality: Nemo is a very sociable jewel mane dragon who loves to socialize with everyone. At times he is more over happy go lucky and kind to those he meets and to his friends, he is very sassy and comical. If one of his friends or his brother is down, he will always come by to bring a smile to their face. Nemo is also very sensitive to words and can be a bit of an introvert when upset, which in quite honesty is quite rare for the JMD.
            Around his brother Nemo is a little more closed off and awkward, sadly, due to being separated as children. Nemo, as nice as he is, is also closed off around most people unless he becomes extremely close to that individual, which then, he pretty much will talk about everything with you. Nemo is also very trusting and Loyal as a friend, and will help whoever needs it, but if you lose his trust, you more than likely will never gain it back again.

Art
            Nemo 1
            Nemo 2
            Nemo 3
            Minor History:
            Nemo was born to his mother in a December winter storm on the streets of London. His mother wasn't the most strongest or healthy when it came to things. He doesn't really have a memory of her. His mother gave him up to an orphanage alongside his brother at the age where he could only remember short flashbacks of things. He was adopted by a semi rich family and taken to America, where he grew up a happy, spoiled life, and forgot about even having a brother. As a teen, he gained a few unreachable dreams but his biggest dream that seemed to stick with him, was his dream to becoming an cartoonist. He then of course enrolled in college and went on to pursue it. When he turned 19 years old, he reunited unexpectedly with Emiel in California where his college was, and rekindled their long lost brotherly bond that they never had as children. Nemo was then introduced to Emi's adoptive family and became very welcome.
            Nemo is now in his final year of art college with an internship at an privately owned animation studio. he works part time at a fast food restaurant and spends a lot of time with his brother or socializing in public places or at his school.

Occupation?:
            As said in his history Nemo is working in school to become an cartoonist or digital animator. He has a part time internship at an privately owned studio in California. Currently until he graduates however, he works at a chain fast food resteraunt for minimum wage part time.
            Relationships?:
            Emiel --
            His brother, maybe only a few years younger than him. They were separated as kids and met again by fate years later. They are extremely close knit.
            Serephina --
            His brother's adoptive sister/motherly figuare. He gets along with her just fine, however, he does get smothered by her sometimes...
            Chihiro--
            Chihiro has to be one of his best friends. Even though she's deaf he feels a close connection to her, almost as close as he with his own brother

Last edited by Zuppe on Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔══════════════╗

xx Deviantart // Flightrising // Tumblr.

xxxxxxPokefarm // Toyhouse

───────────────────────────

xx My Mains // Rebirth // My Kiamaras

xxxxxxMy JBDs // My Plumerians

Commissions are: Closed!
Art Trades are: Open!
Requests are: Friends Only!

++Interested in commissioning me?
contact me through pm or over
on my deviantart page!++

sig artwork by sixbane and niluna -->

╚══════════════╝
xx𝓡𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓸𝓹𝓼 𝓸𝓷 𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓴𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓸𝓷 𝓴𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓼..

ImageImageImage

Jazz // She/Her // Lesbian // Cisgender // Professional Artist & College Student

─────────────────────────────────────────────────

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zuppe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pIanted » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:06 am

possible reserve
they/them pronouns!
[ I am not at all active on this platform atm. might change in the future, might not. ]

deviantart || my characters
[ was lucky cerise and date m8 ]
pIanted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:51 am

Username: Doom Paws here! :>
    Name: Starlet, after the Massive Starlet Coral. Clownfish live in coral
    reefs, so I thought this would be a nice and unique name. c:
    Gender: Despite his name being feminine, Starlet is a male.
    Personality: Starlet, or more commonly just called Star, is rather...odd.
    He has a hobby of collecting anything the catches his eye, and he will almost
    never talk, unless you talk first. You see, he is rather nervous, writing his feelings
    down in a journal all the time. But once you get to know him, Star is nice and
    friendly, maybe even showing you his collection of shiny trash. Probably not, due
    to not trusting anyone with it too much, but he is still a good guy. He loves all of
    his friends, always trying to make them happy, whether they like it or not.
    My Journal:
    "Want to have a look at my journal?"

wip. c:

Postby Wolfswelpe » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:53 pm

I'm so sorry for the wait everyone. ^^
Unexpectedly, I got sick and wasn't able to post. (:

Without further ado, the winner is...

HonorableChickenSoup wrote:

XXXater rising, surprising, how could float away!

Username:
            Honorablechickensoup
            Hello My name is Soup. I currently own 4 adult JMDs and am hoping to fill my last slot with this awesome little boy.

Name:
            Nemolus 'Nemo'
            Brother to Emiel, another one of my own JMDs. Nemolus was named not by his mother but by the orphanage who took him in as a small child. Most however call him Nemo.

Assigned female at birth but identifys as strictly male. He uses he/him/his/they/their pronouns.

Personality: Nemo is a very sociable jewel mane dragon who loves to socialize with everyone. At times he is more over happy go lucky and kind to those he meets and to his friends, he is very sassy and comical. If one of his friends or his brother is down, he will always come by to bring a smile to their face. Nemo is also very sensitive to words and can be a bit of an introvert when upset, which in quite honesty is quite rare for the JMD.
            Around his brother Nemo is a little more closed off and awkward, sadly, due to being separated as children. Nemo, as nice as he is, is also closed off around most people unless he becomes extremely close to that individual, which then, he pretty much will talk about everything with you. Nemo is also very trusting and Loyal as a friend, and will help whoever needs it, but if you lose his trust, you more than likely will never gain it back again.

Art
            Nemo 1
            Nemo 2
            Nemo 3
            Minor History:
            Nemo was born to his mother in a December winter storm on the streets of London. His mother wasn't the most strongest or healthy when it came to things. He doesn't really have a memory of her. His mother gave him up to an orphanage alongside his brother at the age where he could only remember short flashbacks of things. He was adopted by a semi rich family and taken to America, where he grew up a happy, spoiled life, and forgot about even having a brother. As a teen, he gained a few unreachable dreams but his biggest dream that seemed to stick with him, was his dream to becoming an cartoonist. He then of course enrolled in college and went on to pursue it. When he turned 19 years old, he reunited unexpectedly with Emiel in California where his college was, and rekindled their long lost brotherly bond that they never had as children. Nemo was then introduced to Emi's adoptive family and became very welcome.
            Nemo is now in his final year of art college with an internship at an privately owned animation studio. he works part time at a fast food restaurant and spends a lot of time with his brother or socializing in public places or at his school.

Occupation?:
            As said in his history Nemo is working in school to become an cartoonist or digital animator. He has a part time internship at an privately owned studio in California. Currently until he graduates however, he works at a chain fast food resteraunt for minimum wage part time.
            Relationships?:
            Emiel --
            His brother, maybe only a few years younger than him. They were separated as kids and met again by fate years later. They are extremely close knit.
            Serephina --
            His brother's adoptive sister/motherly figuare. He gets along with her just fine, however, he does get smothered by her sometimes...
            Chihiro--
            Chihiro has to be one of his best friends. Even though she's deaf he feels a close connection to her, almost as close as he with his own brother

Congrats, HonorableChickenSoup! (:
I absolutely loved your form. <33
Have fun with your new JMD.

Thanks for participating everyone.
Good luck with your next entries in JMD contests. (:
Until next time!
--------
--------
--------
She/Her • Introverted • Eng/Ger

Trade Thread

Right now, I'm in Genshin Impact hell (as you can probably tell). Have been playing every day since launch haha. I don't have much time, but if you need help with smaller stuff, hit me up and I'll share my UID. I'm on the Europe server~

Genshin Impact Info
AR60 • EU Server • Playing since: Launch •
Favs: Wanderer, Kaveh, Furina, Nahida, Alhaitham, Zhongli, Albedo, Shenhe, Kazuha, Yoimiya & more

Image Image Image
Wolfswelpe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: JMD #008 - Winner~

Postby Zuppe » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:06 am

aHHHHH THANKYOU <3 I promise to take good care of Nemo <'3
╔══════════════╗

xx Deviantart // Flightrising // Tumblr.

xxxxxxPokefarm // Toyhouse

xx My Mains // Rebirth // My Kiamaras

xxxxxxMy JBDs // My Plumerians

Commissions are: Closed!
Art Trades are: Open!
Requests are: Friends Only!

++Interested in commissioning me?
contact me through pm or over
on my deviantart page!++

sig artwork by sixbane and niluna -->

╚══════════════╝
xx𝓡𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓸𝓹𝓼 𝓸𝓷 𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓴𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓸𝓷 𝓴𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓼..

ImageImageImage

Jazz // She/Her // Lesbian // Cisgender // Professional Artist & College Student

─────────────────────────────────────────────────

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zuppe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me