Flight Tracker by DoctorDraca

Based on Click to view
Artist DoctorDraca [gallery]
Time spent 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Flight Tracker

Postby DoctorDraca » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:55 pm

With its added wings and top notch sensors attached to its head, this dog can easily glide from one building to another and even fly for a short period of time. Its wings are very light, allowing it to still run very fast, and the dark colors hint towards nightly jobs. The sensors on its head allow it to pick up movement everywhere, and even calculate wind speed and direction, so that it can use this to glide all across a city. The red dots on its wings are small sensors of their own, picking up incoming turbulence so that it may fly or glide to safer areas. As any other animal, it can smell the rain so that it can use this as a cover-up when it needs to be somewhere, or simply hide from the rain as the rain makes its wings heavy and makes it harder to fly.

TAKEN by Rainpelt
Last edited by DoctorDraca on Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Flight Tracker

Postby Bartimaeus » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:59 pm

omg..... BEST DESIGN YET(excluding EarthLight, of corse XP)!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

.:BARTIMAEUS:.

| Trade | Hoards | Send them spiders! | ★Tumblr |
Bartimaeus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buecherwurm » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:37 pm

Name you'll give it:Fenris, germanversion of Fenrir
Reason you want it: I really like the tracker dogs and his desing is really good.

Personality: bad guy
Purpose: as member of "Lucas Pack"
Describe its owner: As an member of Lucas Pack he hasn't really an owner cause them life in the wood near my house. Them all are mine but the most time the life free and wild.

Other info: he would never give away.

(sorry for my bad englisch but i'm not very good in it)
Last edited by Buecherwurm on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buecherwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Canadian Toast » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:54 pm

ShadowSlayer wrote:omg..... BEST DESIGN YET(excluding EarthLight, of corse XP)!

Lawl, YES!!!!
Click the stamps. Any Stamp. You know you want to.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Canadian Toast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Moon <3* » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:33 pm

Name you'll give it: Freak
Reason you want it: It is totally awsome! I really wanted a tracker dog and I have been stalking your for for a new one. And I found one... :D

Personality: Creepy, but one you get to know it caring and protective.
Purpose: It sits on the roof tops at night... Waiting for something to happen... A crook, a murder, something... Finally an alarm goes off, and Freak is off. He flies across the roof tops in search of the criminal, there! Quick as lightning he's down to the store. Her pulls the theif out by her leg, now broken by the force of the tracker's teeth. Finally the police arive, what they see, a tracker sitting waiting ,sitting on the man, for them to take the theif away. When it is over morning has come. He climbs back into the deserted office building he calls home.
Describe its owner: He has no owner. He is too freakish for humans to understand.

Other info: I would but him in my character page, and love him so much! He would never be lost!
ImageImageImage

*Moon <3*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moondancer » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:40 pm

Name you'll give it: Angelus
Reason you want it: I already have a tracker dog (lovin' the new rule 4), but It occured to me that Daarah and Angelus would work very well together since they're both urban-based. Daarah would track criminals from the ground and Angelus, from the air, working together to corner whoever it is they're hunting.

He also has such a beautiul design, I adore it. ^^

Personality: Quite quiet and more withdrawn than Daarah. Angelus is really only outgoing and energetic when around those he trusts, which is basically Daarah and his owner. He is also much gentler than Daarah, not actually having to confront and attack criminals but just track them down. He can be aggressive, but only when protecting those he cares about. He's very intelligent and independent, not requiring much instruction from his owner.
Purpose: Angelus, together with Daarah, works with the city police force to track down escaped criminals and the like. While Daarah hunts them down on the ground, Angelus takes to the air. Angelus uses his sensors to find their target, having a much better view from the air. He then relays the information to Daarah, who corners and catches the target.
Describe its owner: A New York police officer by the name of Nathan Walker. He's around 6'4 with a bulky, though not overly, build. He is 46 and has short-cropped brown hair with a sprinkling of grey. His eyes are steel grey with fecks of blue. He is very caring but still quite businesslike towards the dogs. He is quite stern and won't tolerate disobedience from either of them. However, he is kind to them and has a certain measure of patience.

Other info:

Story:
It was a mild night, luckily. Apart from a small amount of fog drifting through the streets, the air was clear. Angelus was perched on the rooftop of a block of flats, high above the fog. His grey wings were folded close to his body and his head was angled downward, seeming to be observing the chaotic bustle of New York City at night, even though he couldn't technically see. His red tongue, as always, was hanging out of his mouth, tasting the air, searching for the one particular scent.

Suddenly he hunched forward in a crouch and half-unfurled his wings. In the same moment, he spread the wings completely and leaped from the edge of the rooftop, gliding easily across the wide gap between buildings and alighting on the next roof. He immediately ran from one side of the roof to the other and glided to the next one with the same grace and ease. He continued in the pattern: jump, glide, run, jump, glide run, every movement and action performed with a certain fluidity. He made his way through the brightly-lit city, only pausing occasionally to recapture the scent.

Below him, amongst the many vehicles and milling crowds, another similar form could be seen, it's fur a murky brown with crimson and black marks. It was speeding through the roads and alleyways, matching Angelus' speed easily, occasionally directing it's eyeless gaze up its partner in the air. It's (or his, to be more accurate) name was Daarah, Angelus' fellow tracker dog. Together, tracking a criminal, they were almost unbeatable.

Angelus made a sudden turn in mid-air, tilting his wings to the left. Daarah followed, dodging easily in between people's legs and into a cluttered alleyway. Angelus landed on a roof above and together they ran, Daarah navigating trash cans and various abandoned objects and Angelus leaping from roof to roof.

Soon, the sound of hurried footsteps could be heard close by, close enough for the trackers sensitive ears to detect anyway. They picked up the pace a little, Daarah paws barely seeming to touch the ground and Angelus angling his wings for an added burst of speed. Daarah burst out of the alleyway and into another road, Angelus close behind (or above, anyway). The silhouette of a figure could now be made out at the other end of the street, the echoed sound of footsteps getting louder, if more erratic.

Daarah grinned, as much as a dog could, and his tongue flicked out again as if hungry for their quarry. Angelus suddenly made a leap from the building he was on, spreading his wings as far out as they would go and making a dive, past Daarah and landing just in front of the running figure. The figure halted, waving his arms almost comically in attempt to slow himself down. Angelus began growling, a low rumbling sound that was more felt that heard. He began approaching their target, placing one paw in front of another slowly and baring his teeth. The man they'd been chasing (a downtown drug dealer) backed away as fast as Angelus approached. His bloodshot eyes were wide and fearful and he was visibly shivering. It was all for show of course, Angelus' apparently vicious appearance; he would never actually attack anyone. That was Daarah's job.

Speaking of Daarah, the other tracker dog had now caught up with the other and immediately attacked. He pounced at the man from behind and landed squarely on his back, toppling him over and effectively trapping him under the dog's weight. Just to make sure, and because he rather enjoyed it, Daarah bit down on the man' neck, not hard enough to seriously wound but hard enough to hurt and keep him where he was.

Angelus sat down next to the two, fierce facade now gone, and gave what could have been a disapproving look to Daarah (if he had eyes and dogs had the ability to look disapproving). He folded his wings back against his trimmed fur and waited.

Soon enough, the sound of more running feet could be heard echoing through the alley, though these were steadier, more measured than the criminal's had been. Suddenly, several police officers burst through the alley and into the road where the two trackers were. One of them, a tall man with dark brown hair and grey eyes, gave a short, high-pitched whistle and the two trackers immediately shot to his side, the other officers taking control of the criminal. The man, names Nathan Walker, clipped two black leads on to the collars that already adorned the tracker dogs' necks.

"Good boys" he murmured, giving each of the dogs a surreptitious pat on the head; he didn't like to be seen showing too much affection to the dogs.

Back at the police station, the criminal was safely in custody. Nathan's shift was now over. Well, technically it had been over for several hours but he'd stayed anyway.

"C'mon" he said in a voice soft enough that it could only be heard by the two dogs at his side "Let's go home."

(Ugh, I apologize for the horrible ending. I ran out of ideas. This is just a small bit, demonstrating how the dogs would work together. I intend to write a lot more.)
Last edited by Moondancer on Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:15 am, edited 22 times in total.
I am the sword in the darkness.
I am the watcher on the wall
I am the fire that burns against cold
The light that brings the dawn
The horn that wakes the sleepers
The shield that guards the realms of men
For this night, and all nights to come.

'Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Winter is almost upon us.
Kill the boy and let the man be born'

Moondancer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranua » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:50 pm

Woah! 0.o
Whoever gets this one may be pestered about
my tracker and their tracker becoming mates! xD
signature under construction c:
Ranua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bartimaeus » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:53 pm

halloweendude wrote:
Woah! 0.o
Whoever gets this one may be pestered about
my tracker and their tracker becoming mates! xD

You can go for it now, if you wanted. Two trackers is now the max. Again, I LOVE YOU NEX.

.:BARTIMAEUS:.

| Trade | Hoards | Send them spiders! | ★Tumblr |
Bartimaeus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranua » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:57 pm

Fair enough! 8D I may if I find time! Thank ya Shadow~
signature under construction c:
Ranua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corgie » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:14 am

Name you'll give it: Shadow
Reason you want it:It will be my first tracker dog 8D And it looks wonderful, i love the design and everything about it. Her wings a unique, but she is unique, it would be extremely interesting to see her, become a female due, to her looking so male like. But i would like that ^.^ Appearance, doesn't always mean that will be the creatures gender.

Personality: Impaitent, kind, swift, willy, does what she wants to do.

Purpose: Tracking down airborn criminals, if the police can't catch them in time, she follows them biting and scratching at the metal to, make the plane go down, so they will be put in jail for there crimes. She almost always successes, but she isn't perfect, and sometimes they get away but most of the time they don't, rarely do they get away.

Describe its owner: I will put her in her own, form right away. She will have 1 friend tracker dog also, which is good because she will need a friend. Even though she looks male i think it would be interesting to see her as a female. I'm prepared to draw her, plus order art of her <3. Her design is unique, and her metal wings are awesome 8D.

Other info:
Her wings, are metal, and with her "Eyes" she can see almost everything, in the dark, using her ears to hear so flies around looking for criminals, in alley or at a bank, sometimes the police don't get there in time, but she does. Soaring over she has to be black, so others can't really see her. She is a stealth machine, that is why she can quickly bring down a plane or other flying machine with criminals, in it. When they arrive on scene, she sniffs around getting the scent, than off she goes into the air tracking down the criminals.
That day while soaring around, she saw criminal and quickly swopped down, grabbing him. Shadow, flew over the bank and brought him straight to the police, while Shadow flew around again looking for more criminals. Shadow swooped down on a building, and sat down. Looking around she saw nothing, and flew back to her home, where she lay down, and rested. The next morning she was up again, flying again she caught 3 people that day, robbing a bank. 1 got away, though later that day she caught him. Because of her, the town she lived in became, criminal free, making everyone happy. She won awards and medals for her duty. S he was happy with herself,and what she had done, and of course everyone else, who stopped being criminals, because they now saw that it was wrong to do that. She was glad with that, but still countinued to scan over the area, just in case.

*Might still work on it :3*
Last edited by corgie on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Pet's name: ♥ ♥ Aion ♥ ♥
quinn/m? - finn/m? -- cinder/f -- peaches/f
corgie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me