CWHR Orchestra: Timpani by Penultima

Based on Click to view
Artist Penultima [gallery]
Time spent 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

CWHR Orchestra: Timpani

Postby Penultima » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:43 pm

68 measures of rests... nah, I don't feel like counting those all. I'll just sit back and play on my phone instead.

For this gal, name her after some sort of musical term or word(s), and tell me about a quirk or habit of hers.

Username: Arrows
Name: Flam
Being a drummer myself, this is a type of "note" you can play, if you will. It's a drumbeat with two notes being played, one immediately after the other or overlapping one. I have played it before. As much as I adore this name for this mare, flams kill me x3.
Breed: Peruvian Paso
Coloration: Bay Roan
Habit: Meet Flam. Her quirk? There is a light switch beside her stall. You must be careful when opening the small door that allows her to put her head out of the stall. People often do that, as Flam is a very friendly mare. However, if you leave her alone with that door open, she will use her nice long neck to reach to the switch and use her lips to turn it off and on. And all down her lighted row of the barn - flick, flick, flick - off and on those lights will go. And the way she does it, too, is interesting. She doesn't do it sporadically. No, she uses a repeated pattern, almost. Flam is a funny miss.
Last edited by Penultima on Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

She/Her - Bi - Biologist - Artist - Nature-lover - Master's student - Progressive - Unitarian

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

^ stamps by Taxidea ^
Penultima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CWHR Orchestra: Timpani

Postby Arrows » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:49 pm

Username: Arrows
Name: Flam
Being a drummer myself, this is a type of "note" you can play, if you will. It's a drumbeat with two notes being played, one immediately after the other or overlapping one. I have played it before. As much as I adore this name for this mare, flams kill me x3.
Breed: Peruvian Paso
Habit: Meet Flam. Her quirk? There is a light switch beside her stall. You must be careful when opening the small door that allows her to put her head out of the stall. People often do that, as Flam is a very friendly mare. However, if you leave her alone with that door open, she will use her nice long neck to reach to the switch and use her lips to turn it off and on. And all down her lighted row of the barn - flick, flick, flick - off and on those lights will go. And the way she does it, too, is interesting. She doesn't do it sporadically. No, she uses a repeated pattern, almost. Flam is a funny miss.

Omg I need this baby gal <3
Last edited by Arrows on Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
by serBronn

isleen
caswallon
my chwr horses

I <3 my horse Indigo
ℓ ι ν є у σ υ η g. ℓ ι ν є ƒ я є є. ℓ ι ν є ƒ є α я ℓ є ѕ ѕ.

My Kiamara, Odysseus. Click the picture to the right to see information & all art for Odysseus!

by Niluna
Arrows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cooper. » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:09 am

Username: cooper.
Name: Staying in A Minor "Minor"
Breed: American Warmblood
Habit: Minor has a bad habit of going crazy when she heard a song or tune or pitch she likes. She's been reported of giving new riders mounting and riding problems and even some who know her way to well say that she gives them problems in the seat when she hears something melodic. Even if it's just the riders talking. But Minor isn't as bad as it seems because she calms down very quickly or just does something like jerk her head up when she hears something she likes while she's doing something important. < this is based off a mare at the place I ride >
Last edited by cooper. on Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    this life is so simple yet so complicated...
    that it makes people want to leave this earth.
    with their bodies as our only remainder and our
    memories a broken mirror of the past.

i know you don't remember... but this,
    this place, this riverbank, this broken memory.
    this is one of the pieces of you that you miss.
    this is my broken bliss.

your name is etched into me.
    i am your walking tribute.
    a walking scrapbook if you please,
    filled with broken memories.

i will always be,
    remembering you.
    remembering cooper.

ask.fm . [url]cwhr[/url] . [url]forms[/url] .
cooper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frostbite18 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:43 am

Username: Frostbite18
Name: Always Playing Adagio-( Adagio :A tempo having slow movement; restful at ease.)
Breed: Arabian X Quarter Horse
Habit: Adagio has a somewhat strange habit. With her laid back nature and all, she often daydreams. Sometimes she gets so into her daydream that she can't even hear the horses around her and sometimes sequels in fright if something happens in the dream. The other horses will watch her and now know when she is dreaming, she gets a spacey look in her eyes and doesn't respond to any horse. She has even kicked/bit or run from other horses because something happened in her dream, this is why no one taps her anymore. The most common thing she does though, is fall right over. She will be daydreaming and start swaying from side to side. She is not the most....balanced or graceful mare so she often sways and just tips. Most of the time she stays dreaming and other times she will be startled awake( Out of the dream) by the impact. She has scared the day lights out of many horses and humans alike by suddenly collapsing. She has had the vet called for her so many times but very time nothing is wrong. The humans have pretty much adapted to this habit, though it stills freaks the out a little :)
Last edited by Frostbite18 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frostbite18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Arrow » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:10 pm

Username: SeriousGiggles
Name: Forte
Breed: Paint
Habit: Forte loves to trumpet her sound across all the land, giving her her name, meaning loud.
.Arrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilhdc7 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:25 pm

Username: ilhdc7
Name: Bloomability 'Flower'
Breed: Quarter Horse X Arabian
Habit: She twitches her ear when she's angry.
she/her & they/them >> hufflepuff >> call me ilah please >>chrysaora

ilhdc7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Survivor. » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:17 pm

Username:
Show name: One Rest Too Many
Name: Timpani
Breed: Andalusian x Morgan
Habit: one quirk of Timpani's is that she has sudden outbursts. And by sudden outbursts, I mean she will rear and neigh at any given time and place or her leg will twitch, kick or her head will shake from side to side. You see, Timpani has Torrets, a neurological problem that causes random movements of the body at random times. Her only relief is during her Dressage training. She does seem to calm down anytime she is Listening to music. She is a great mare and just wants to be loved, despite her Torrets.

(This is actually based on a good and dear friend Of mine.)
do you suffer from panic or anxiety attacks? Come see the plushies I sell
Come join this discord warrior cat RP! We are having a contest!

I do get on occasionally.
xxxxxxSurvivorxxxxxx
I have had to take a couple years off of CS due to real life things. But im slowly getting back here now.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ImageImage
I was beaten, bruised, abused, and yet I survived. I spoke up. Let others hear your voice. Fight. Be a warrior. Be a SURVIVOR.Image
Image no one understands what Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is. Unless you have it yourself.
Please, be aware that not all wounds are visible.Image
[/left]
.Survivor.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Beautiful Voices~ » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:28 am

Username: ~5sos~
Name: Drummin's My Forte "Timpani"
Breed: american quarterXunknown
Habit: This girl has an odd habit of clacking her hooves in her stall, making a smooth beat that makes anyone who enters the barn swing along.
~Beautiful Voices~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ines. » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:25 pm

Username:
Name:
Breed:
Habit:
Firm believer in Secularization
Ines.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kortico » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:31 pm

Username: aftershock.
Name: Beat of a Heart "Jazz"
Breed: American Mustang
Habit: Jazz has a habit of pretending as if she is so not interested in that dog food that's just chilling in the feed room while you're walking her down the barn aisle, until the exact moment you pass it. If you're quick enough to catch it you can feel her head turning first and stubbornly pull her straight gain. Little kids and those who have no idea will then often have the experience of a pushy mare nosing the dog aside to take a big mouthful of the bacon flavored food, only to spit it out all on her way down to her pasture.

hi! you can call me yuri.
lover of f1, cinnamoroll, and anything pink.

adoptsxx +xxmy profilexx +xx art cred

kortico

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me