Artist leverage [gallery]
Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Berk Dragon Sanctuary #20

Postby leverage » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:18 am

Calm form
Angered form

Alright, my second try at making a custom!
This guy has a very heavy Egyptian theme, including the mark of Sekhmet the war goddess on his shoulder and an ankh on his leg.
He also has an angered form, with glowing blue markings.

Username:
Kiokami
Name:
Avaris
History:
Avaris was found when he was just a baby. At a young age, he wandered on to a large ship, where he laid down under some netting to take a nap, and awoke in the middle of the ocean, scaring all those on the ship. However, they couldn't turn around, and they couldn't put him overboard, so with them he went. The crew took him in, turning him into a circus animal. They paraded him around in distant lands as a rare creature. In public, they showered him with riches and food, but when not in the public eye, the ship crew abused him, locking him in a small cage and whipping him when he messed up new tricks. This went on for years, until one day at a stop, the men who watched over him tied him to a pole and entered a pub. Taking the chance, Avaris burned down the pole and escaped- only to find himself trapped in a dragon trap not far from the village. It clamped onto his back leg, breaking it and wounding him seriously. It took days for one kind villager to find him, and with her cart and oxen, take the wounded dragon back to her home. The kind woman cared for his wounds, but knew that the dragon would have to be set free. As a parting gift, the woman tied a small charm meaning life around the dragon's leg. Finally free, the dragon quickly made his way off the island and eventually settled on Berk. He still has a weak back left leg, and mental wounds from his days in the spotlight, but lives his own life here on Berk, happy to be here.
Personality:
Avaris is very quick to anger when threatened. He has learned to take care of himself, and will defend himself whenever he believes he may be in danger. Hhe is very rough with other dragons, and prefers to spend his days alone. He is also fiercely intelligent, and hates being questioned. At heart, he is extremely caring and protective of those he loves, but he doesn't always show it. Once you gain his complete trust, he is the best friend one can have.
Last edited by leverage on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mod of the caaa │ graduate student │ lesbian │ she/her
entomology | equestrian | artist | bone and fossil collector | gamer | dnd mini painter
art above by Y00NS │ avatar by MrBoodle
leverage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Berk Dragon Sanctuary #20

Postby Sillybob101 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:20 am

So pretty<333
I love the egyptian theme too. c:
Sillybob101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Berk Dragon Sanctuary #20

Postby ~Faith~ » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:16 am

She looks great kio. :3
XXX

┏───────────────────────────┐
....Hello, ~Faith~ here.
....I'm your average young adult. I also love to draw, horseback ride and much more.
....Feel free to PM if you need help,
....I'm always willing to listen.
..~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
....∂єνιαитαят
....ωσι
....ωмεs/ωмє ¢нαℓℓєиgє

....Image
....ImageImage
....Take me as I come, or watch me as I go.
└───────────────────────────┛
~Faith~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me