OYY #10 by MintCat

Based on Click to view
Artist MintCat [gallery]
Time spent 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

OYY #10

Postby MintCat » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:45 am

I should be studying for exams but I'm not.
Please excuse the bad anatomy and the
fact that I cannot draw humans in general. ;v;

Aaaaanyways, for this contest you'll need
to write a story that makes me laugh
because I am a bitter and unpleasant person at the moment.
(Word limit is 200 words.)
Prettying up forms are fine, one extra if you want.
If it's art then only one piece, and if it's writing then
the limit is 150 words.

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Land of residence:
Story:
Extra:

End date is June 22nd.
Looking for someone to help me
start up/run a Warriors comic. ovo
Please PM me if you're
interested/have plot ideas!
MintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: OYY #10

Postby Novi » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:00 am

Username: paige.
Name: Nova, a Native American Hopi name meaning "chasing butterflies".
Land of residence: Safari
Story: wip
Extra: wip

Must the story be about the Yin? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I need to make sure. -has a lot of silly stories-
Now that the existential crisis has passed, I'm not leaving! Sorry for the momentary scare, folks!
Novi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evil Muffin Overlord » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:05 am

Username: Evil Muffin Overlord
Name: Keplyn
Land of residence: Safari
Story: Once upon a time in a far off land, there lived a Yin. Now, the time was actually yesterday, the far off land was the Purple Sea, and the Yin was, well, Keplyn. Anyways, Kep was taking a morning walk, as usual, coffee in hand, yawning, normal morning behavior. But of course he didn't have any FRIENDS who were normal. Because there was Muffin, poking his head out of the bushes next to the house, looking around wide-eyed, searching for any villains. "Pssst, Kep, get down, I swear that squirrel is gonna call its buddies out and try to kill you... They almost got you yesterday, but lucky for YOU, I'm ready this time!" The strange human said, retreating into the bushes once more while Kep kept walking, his only response being a groan. After a few minutes, the rose covered Yin noticed another squirrel, and braced himself... as Muffin leaped out of hiding and flattened his pal. "Heh, saved your hide again!" He said smugly. "Get- Off!" Kep pushed Muffin, sounding annoyed, but laughing anyways. "Muffin, why are you such a weirdo?" Muffin shrugged, still grinning stupidly. "Eh. Probably 'cuz I'm friends with you, and your freaky horns."
(Exactly 200 words)
Extra: Didn't have time to do the art... ;A;
So... Personality time!
Kep is a sweet guy, often very protective of those he considers his friends. But, he also gets grumpy when he feels that he's be treated poorly, or if he's just woken up; Kep is most definitely NOT a morning person. If you get on his bad side once, you can expect to be there for a very long time, but, if you put up the time and effort, you will eventually get back into his good graces. The young Yin is also very shy to those he doesn't know yet, seeming quiet and petrified of almost anything you say until he gets to know you. Once that happens? He'll sit around chirping like a bird, on and on, until you tell him to stop, of course. He's courteous enough to know when he's upsetting or annoying someone, and will try to help out as much as he can. And, most of all, he's loyal.
Last edited by Evil Muffin Overlord on Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
I AM THE EVIL MUFFIN OVERLORD FEAR MY AWESOME POWER

Also, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM EATING ME
AND MY MINIONS!
Yes, we understand that we are muffins,
but we are not edible, we are evil!
Being eaten always takes away precious
time and resources, as well as degrades
our honor. So please, if you value your
life and your goodness as a person,
don't eat the muffins. Please. For
your sake, and ours.

Characters, roleplay open for all.

My Lovely JBD Bauble!
Evil Muffin Overlord

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MintCat » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:06 am

It doesn't have to be about the Yin.
^^
Bonus points if it is, though.
The extra needs to be about him, though.
Sorry for not making this clear.
Please PM me if you're
MintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlackWren » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:46 pm

What a lovely boy...
    Can't seem to get the moderation to finish my form though ;^;
Last edited by BlackWren on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ Formerly Dave Egbert/bad ideas dave/Cherry-Prince ]

What's up fam! I'm Wren, and my life is a dumpster fire! ✌
Mostly come on now a days to check my messages. I'm not active on DA or anywhere else really anymore so don't feel bad if I don't reply for a while! I come and check messages every month or so.
DnD is my active hobby and I'm invested in Critical Role quite heavily :D
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

DATH
BlackWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rivkah » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:31 am

Username: Rivkah

Name:Amaryllis

Land of residence: the Purple Sea

Story: When Amar was a child, he was a very intuitive, witty young boy. Unfortunately, his smart mouth tended to get him in trouble with the teachers that were schooling him. He was a very smart and polite lad, with high marks and proud parents, but he was also very mischievous and enjoyed antagonizing the scholars trying to give him a good education. Of course, this led to punishments and reports back to his parents, but Amaryllis never let it get to him. After all, when not misbehaving, he was a perfect angel.

One morning, he teacher was helping all the little yins and yangs with some warm up activities and review. She was looking for things beginning with the letter she called out.

"Can anyone give me something beginning with E?" she asked before calling on Amaryllis. He proudly called out, "Eggs!" She praised him before moving on and reciting, "How about T?" He raised his hand again, but before the teacher could choose someone else, Amar shouted, "Two eggs!" Displeased with his lack of respect and deliberately silly answer, she sent him to a corner. "How about M?" She continued.

From the corner came a shout, "Maybe some eggs!"

(200 words)

Extra: brief personality ;;
          Amar is a very intelligent and cheeky young man. His loud mouth is his most pronounced trait, and he enjoys cracking jokes and backtalking people around him. When he gets in trouble with you he'll be quick to turn into a perfect angel, and you usually end up being scorned if you try to dump the blame on "such a sweet and courteous young man." He enjoys making mischief but all in all he has a very kind heart. It may not seem like it, but he had a great respect for people and the environment around him. He keeps his secrets and others' like it's a matter of life and death. Amaryllis is indeed a loyal friend and a very loving soul, even if he seems less than wonderful when setting fire crackers off or jumping out from behind a bush and scaring the living daylights out of you.

(150 words)
Rivkah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mi ainsel » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:15 am

Usᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ;;
    QuantumNightmare

Nᴀᴍᴇ;;
    Vartan
    Armenian male name meaning "giver of roses."

Lᴀɴᴅ ᴏғ ʀᴇsɪᴅᴇɴᴄᴇ;;
    The Rose Desert

Sᴛᴏʀʏ;;

Cautiously, treading lightly in his human-styled sneakers, the Oni boy descended the sandstone cliff face, ever alert for the sounds of danger. It was night, and so dark he could barely see the path he was on if not for the way his blue eyes shone dimly in the low lighting.
    His objective could only be a few feet away now, and his pace quickened subconsciously as he realised. Right about... here.
    There it was, one of the legendary blue roses of the desert. Vartan's eyes widened almost comically.

The Oni felt, rather than saw, something dart under his feet.

He tripped, rolled and then fell down the hill the ruins were situated in, sand spraying up behind him. When he finally came to a stop, spitting out a mouthful of sand, he came face to face with what had tripped him.
    It was a little, reptilian thing, with a crested head and beak like a bird of prey and gossamer bat wings, all shimmering the same iridescent shade of blue as his eyes. It giggled softly to itself, and he sighed,
    "Virian! There's no way I'll get up there again!"
    Virian grinned, the rose cutting held between sharp teeth.

Pᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ;;

Vartan is sarcastic and quick-witted with a tendency to flap his hands when excited or nervous; a uniquely odd take on the Yin's bubbly stereotype, and one who places great value in material things.
    Though he dwells in the Rose Desert he spends most of his time indoors, making quick excursions to gather rose clippings before returning to his home to plant and care for them. He much prefers roses to other Oni, believing people can be far more stupid than he ever want to deal with.
    While he seldom admits it (and who, indeed, would he even admit it too?) he is actually afraid of the outside — a phobia known as agoraphobia. This is because he does not wish to be 'caught' in crowds, or sometimes just doesn't wish to talk to people. Because of this he only gathers roses at night, when he's sure he is alone.
Last edited by mi ainsel on Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

My deviantART
Guess who’s back on CS? It’s been a while.
art by trashqrince <3

mi ainsel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Black Sabbath » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:13 am

Username: Black Sabbath

Name: Baptiste

Land of residence: The purple sea

Story:
    XXXXXXXXA cool breeze wafted from the shore where Baptiste sat in contemplation, lost in the call of seagulls above and far-off crash of waves in the glowing surf. Sunlight pierced the waves as they reared, filtering the dying sunlight to produce the most breathtaking array of colors he’d ever seen. Sometimes he felt lonely, and today was no exception. Sea creatures were peaceful but independent, keeping to their own in the rush of life. Suddenly a sound unlike any other pierced the muffled waves, the familiar shift and churn of sand followed by a wheezing noise. Sitting up, eyes narrowed in the rays of golden sunlight Baptiste spotted a figure some way down the beach, a advancing at an alarming rate. Once it reached 300 yards or so away he could make out a vaguely canine shape, breathing growing increasingly labored until a solid form launched itself at the boy, pushing him backwards; and a warm, slightly wet sensation bloomed across his face in frantic strokes. Pulling the creature back, it stared with comically crossed eyes, pig-like tail churning. Setting down the pug Baptiste smiled when the animal barked in protest, and made its way to his lap once more.

Extra: some quick art
                xxxImage
                XXXX▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
                XXXXthey ask no quarter

XXXAsk.fm || DA || Tiba Adopts || Characters

my birthday is August 5th
                    ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Black Sabbath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MintCat » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:14 pm

Oooops my family and I went on a trip today and came back later than expected.
Soooo this'll be open until tomorrow night.
Sorrryyyy~
Please PM me if you're
MintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups