NM -Special by rebelappy

Based on Click to view
Artist rebelappy [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

NM -Special

Postby rebelappy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:42 am

This is a special NM. To win her/him make art or write a story of how her/his mane was cut.
Winner Chosen
ImmyWimmy1 wrote:Username: ImmyWimm1
NM Name: Azure Glacier ("I like being called 'Azure' for short, thanks!")
NM Gender: Mare
NM Height: 14hh
Story/Art: I've done a heck of alot of art recently, so to stop my parents from sanctioning my equipment, here's a little story!:

Azure was born at the base of a great mountain in Canada. It was the tail-end of winter, with small traces of snow left on the ground where the sun's rays could not reach them. The air was still slightly cold, but no frost lay upon the ground on that particular morning. The birth was easy, with her mother recovering at the normal rate. The little filly took a while to get to her feet, but in the end, she was galloping and playing with all of the other foals in her herd.
Time passed swiftly and the little filly grew into a beautiful three-year-old. She had learnt the ways of the herd and how to be a truly wild Northern Maye. She respected her elders and was a generally nice filly to be around. However, she had curiousity. Both a flaw and a gift, as it encorouged her to learn things, but also got her into difficult situations. None more so than her encounter...
One autumm day, Azure trotted away from the herd, following a group of migrating monarch butterflies. Their brilliant orange scales glimmered in the autumm sunshine, beckoning her. She followed them, deeper and deeper into the forest. The branches grew narrower. The trees grew closer. Before the Maye knew it, her mane grew entangled amonst the branches: she was rendered motionless! Terrified, she whinnied for help, calling for anyone from the herd. As no answer came, her whinnying grew louder and more desparate. And this attracted the attentions of a pack of hungry wolves. What a perfect meal a Maye would make! The wolves peeled away from the shadows of the forest, ready for the kill...
At that same time, a young Native American boy was walking through the very same woods, not too far away, hoping to make a name for himself by catching something. Suddenly, a terrified whinny stopped him in his tracks. Was one of the tribes horses in trouble again?! He sprinted in the direction of the calling, hoping to save the poor creature. He arrived not a moment too soon, as the wolves were beginning to circle the poor Maye. Seeing a chance for honour, he took out his gun and ran at the wolves, shouting and waving his hands. The wolves, recognising the scent of man and gunpowder, ran for their lives, knowing that it was less risky to go hungry today than to risk their lives.
Once the wolves had disappeared, the young boy turned his attentions to the Maye. Recognising this creature of legend, he immediately began cutting her mane from the branches. Poor Azure was still too scared to fight back at this point, letting the boy cut her mane from the trees' grip. Once she was free, the young boy stepped back to admire the animal before him. He watched every muscle. Every movement. Every thought visible within her sand-coloured eyes. Azure, however, sprinted away, terrified that the boy was going to eat her. She reached the herd safely, only to be scolded by the older members of the herd. Her mane has never showed any real signs of growing back. A stark reminder of the danger she had faced. From now on, she'd never stray far from the herd again!!!
And what of the boy? He took the fragments of mane and presented them to the chief. Impressed, the young boy was pronounced a hero to the spirits of the forest and was highly honoured. For saving the spirit of the forest, the tribe would now have good fortune from the Creator!!!

Slightly rushed, but there you have it! I hope other people enter too!!!
Last edited by rebelappy on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
rebelappy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: NM -Special

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:43 am

Username: ImmyWimm1
Story/Art: I've done a heck of alot of art recently, so to stop my parents from sanctioning my equipment, here's a little story!:

Azure was born at the base of a great mountain in Canada. It was the tail-end of winter, with small traces of snow left on the ground where the sun's rays could not reach them. The air was still slightly cold, but no frost lay upon the ground on that particular morning. The birth was easy, with her mother recovering at the normal rate. The little filly took a while to get to her feet, but in the end, she was galloping and playing with all of the other foals in her herd.
Time passed swiftly and the little filly grew into a beautiful three-year-old. She had learnt the ways of the herd and how to be a truly wild Northern Maye. She respected her elders and was a generally nice filly to be around. However, she had curiousity. Both a flaw and a gift, as it encorouged her to learn things, but also got her into difficult situations. None more so than her encounter...
One autumm day, Azure trotted away from the herd, following a group of migrating monarch butterflies. Their brilliant orange scales glimmered in the autumm sunshine, beckoning her. She followed them, deeper and deeper into the forest. The branches grew narrower. The trees grew closer. Before the Maye knew it, her mane grew entangled amonst the branches: she was rendered motionless! Terrified, she whinnied for help, calling for anyone from the herd. As no answer came, her whinnying grew louder and more desparate. And this attracted the attentions of a pack of hungry wolves. What a perfect meal a Maye would make! The wolves peeled away from the shadows of the forest, ready for the kill...
At that same time, a young Native American boy was walking through the very same woods, not too far away, hoping to make a name for himself by catching something. Suddenly, a terrified whinny stopped him in his tracks. Was one of the tribes horses in trouble again?! He sprinted in the direction of the calling, hoping to save the poor creature. He arrived not a moment too soon, as the wolves were beginning to circle the poor Maye. Seeing a chance for honour, he took out his gun and ran at the wolves, shouting and waving his hands. The wolves, recognising the scent of man and gunpowder, ran for their lives, knowing that it was less risky to go hungry today than to risk their lives.
Once the wolves had disappeared, the young boy turned his attentions to the Maye. Recognising this creature of legend, he immediately began cutting her mane from the branches. Poor Azure was still too scared to fight back at this point, letting the boy cut her mane from the trees' grip. Once she was free, the young boy stepped back to admire the animal before him. He watched every muscle. Every movement. Every thought visible within her sand-coloured eyes. Azure, however, sprinted away, terrified that the boy was going to eat her. She reached the herd safely, only to be scolded by the older members of the herd. Her mane has never showed any real signs of growing back. A stark reminder of the danger she had faced. From now on, she'd never stray far from the herd again!!!
And what of the boy? He took the fragments of mane and presented them to the chief. Impressed, the young boy was pronounced a hero to the spirits of the forest and was highly honoured. For saving the spirit of the forest, the tribe would now have good fortune from the Creator!!!

ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:15 am

Friendly Bump!
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stocking » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:58 am

reserved
stocking

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teresa8oats » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:21 pm

___
Last edited by teresa8oats on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏───────────────────────┓

linklinklink

Signature Credit || art above by PollyPoos || art on left by ty_tay

┖───────────────────────┚
W E L C O M E
┏───────────────────────┓
CWHR

Text text text text text text
Text text text text text text

┖───────────────────────┚
T O........C O T T O N W O O D

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
teresa8oats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:39 am

Bump.
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rebelappy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:32 am

Winner! I really liked your story!I'm bad at stories, but I know a good one when I read one! And this one is a fabulous one!
rebelappy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:34 am

Roscoe&Me wrote:

Winner! I really liked your story!I'm bad at stories, but I know a good one when I read one! And this one is a fabulous one!

Thank you. I'm sure your stories are excellent. ^^
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me