Drawing sessions 6
33 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Fossil Rune Drake Egg

Postby Benathorn » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:16 am

Aeon

Owner: 37down
Type: Fossil Rune Drake

"A Drake From The Past"

"Why hello, welcome to my Cottage. My name is Thorn and I am the caretaker and founder of Runes. Many come here in seek of my aid to help them find their Rune partner but you seem to be here for a different reason...An egg you say? My, that is quite rare, lets take a look shall we? What a very special egg you have found here. These eggs come from the larger Rune species Drakes, and the one you hold is of an already lost race. This Rune Drake comes from the past, and it seems ancient magic has brought this fossil back to life. A rare case indeed and this Drake is the first of it's kind in this era. These prehistoric dragons used to live thousands of years ago, when our world was young and the land of Eldemore was just beginning. This Fossil Drake was depicted in ancient carvings and cave paintings of being the first drake that man created a bond with. Images depict humans riding upon this dragon's back and fighting large beast and predators. Drakes may have a history of not getting along with humans in our day and age, but it seems in the past we relied on each other more than we do now. Perhaps this bond should be rekindled once again, you will find that there is little hate in this drakes heart. He will remember the past and the way things used to be. Where man and Drake stood side by side against the world, Eldemore needs to remember this friendship once again and perhaps you are the one to show everyone what we used to have with the Drakes..."

Last edited by Benathorn on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fossil Rune Drake Egg

Postby ~Soul~ » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:27 am

{ With draw }
Last edited by ~Soul~ on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
๐•ƒ ๐•  ๐•ค ๐•ฅ ~ ๐•š ๐•Ÿ ~ โ„™ ๐•’ ๐•ฃ ๐•’ ๐•• ๐•š ๐•ค ๐•–
VOK ~ Healani Pride ~

๐”ธ๐•๐•จ๐•’๐•ช๐•ค ๐•จ๐•š๐•ฅ๐•™ ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•Ž๐•’๐•ง๐•–
~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sarill » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:31 am

Owner Name:
Sarill
Name:
Keyon
Other:

I trekked across the rocky ground, trying to keep up with my runes. Deoradhan flew ahead of me, perpetually exited with his lust for adventure with Lila flew next to him, leaving me to traverse the rugged terrain on my own two feet. โ€œI wish that I had wings like you two,โ€ I called to them. Deo just soared ahead, while Lila was a little bit more sympathetic. She flew next to me as I trudged across the rocky ground. I sighed to myself, thinking that I truly was much more suited for forests than a search for a volcano.

I took another step, and heard an ominous grumbling noise and I didnโ€™t have time to scream as the seemingly solid rock gave way beneath me and I fell into a dark, unknown cavern. I looked up just in time to see the rocks shifting above me, cutting me off from sunlight. My world went dark as I lay on my back, staring up at my only hope of escape. I carefully felt around with my hands in the pitch blackness. What if I canโ€™t get out-What if I run out of air-What if I die in here? I began to freak out, my breath coming in short, panicked gasps.

I whipped my head wildly around, making out faint shapes of rocks. My eyes must have become more adjusted I thought to myself. Wait a second, there is no light hereโ€ฆwhat would they become adjusted to? I hesitantly stood up, searching for the light that could lead me to open air. I caught a glimpse of something giving off a reddish glow, and carefully picked my way over to investigate it. As the object entered my line of sight, I gasped.

Hidden among the rocks I saw a brown shape, a brilliant red symbol emblazoned on its surface and I cautiously reached out, touching the strange object that was the source of the glow. Could it beโ€ฆ there was no way that I would be lucky enough to find one, was thereโ€ฆ? The orb was warm, and my hand tingled as I touched what could only be a Drakeโ€™s egg. It seemed incredibly old, and I had no idea why something as precious as this would be down here. I picked the egg up, cradling it to my chest as I heard a crumbling noise and a shower of rocks came down where I had fallen. The sunlight streamed through, as well as my runes, who let out inquisitive chirping noises, โ€œIโ€™m fine,โ€ I replied to their incessant questioning, โ€œAnd it looks like we have a new member of our family.โ€
Last edited by Sarill on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sarill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:33 am

Omg,omg a rune that is a fossil Rune?!Best.Thing.Ever!
This is where my form will go tomarow.Im still in the contest for the Snow Leopard Rune...
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby m0chicakez » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:37 am

sorry, but I'm in love with the siren rune and I would love to have a girl as my first rune.
good luck to everyone else though~
Last edited by m0chicakez on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
m0chicakez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:38 am

I will be trying out for this sweet heart <3. The results I the tune I'm trying or will be posted today. So I'll have the chance to try for him. <3<3<3

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose; » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:42 am

Owner's Name:
The Burning Rose
Name:
Orisis, named after the Egyptian god of the underworld. However, they honored their dead, and the god of the underworld was not at all considered to be a 'devil' or even evil.
Other:
Taveling with the gypsies was quite amazing, though quite a bit hard work. Darius' skin was quite literally blistering in heat, considering his pale skin did not take well to immense amounts of sunlight. Being an albino that he was, traveling through the desert might not have been the best idea, but it had been an incredible learning experience. There were so many different runes to see, so many things to learn from the gypsies culture, something you just didn't get in the city, where he had spent most his life before this. it had been an impulsive desiscion to join them, driven by his quest for knowledge. After all, he was a professor, and it would make a great adventure to tell the students about.

Today, they were traveling near a river, taking the day easy- the horses needed a rest every now and then, and so did the people. Darius would have never imagined the amount of work that went into a single day in their lifestyle, especially if they were on the move, and it was a bit of a relief to be taking it a bit easy. Many people were walking alongside the caravan with the horses and their loyally bonded grizzleback runes, and since Dariues felt like his teeth were going to rattle out from his spot in the back of a wagon, he jumped down too, Tennebrae clinging to his shoulder and let out a slight squek. Observing what some of the other people were doing, the pale skinned boy moved closer to the river, looking for anything shiny in the water or half buired. It was a good way to find interesting trinkets and pretty stones to sell, or keep and make things out of.

Tennebrae was quite the helper too, pointing things out left and right, even splashing around in the water to go after some of them. After a while, Darius sort of gave up on that, just walking on; that was, until he dang near tripped. His foot had caught on something half buried by sand, and he only just caugt himself, and turned to look at it. Tennebrae scampered down his leg to start digging around it, seemingly very determined. Equally curious, Darius knelt in the wet sand to help, digging the strange looking stone up. He twisted it form the grip of the sand, holding it gingerly in his hands.

It was odd, definitely not a stone, and was... warm? Slowly, a crowd began to form behind him, a murmur building up to a shout. Darius turned around in surprise, He looked around in surprise, until the elder, the leader of the caravan group came up to him, smiling crookedly. "A lucky young man you are-" she told him, tapping the stone, "a drake egg this may be."
Everyone had heard of the drakes, only the luckiest found them... Could it be? Darius looked down at the stone- egg- in astonishment before breaking into a grin, slowly turning it over. Tennebrae looked equally excited, and Darius was sure it would become part of the family, no matter what hatched from it.
Last edited by rose; on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
rose;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:45 am

Cakeface wrote:Can you enter if you already tries for a rune dragon?^^
If it's possible, then I reserve this spot with the name Chomp/Scales

Many of the Rune up for adoption now will be ending in one or two days.
You may only ever try for one Rune at a time, but once the judging's for the others end you may try for this one.
You may always withdraw from other Runes if you see another you like, but just wait a few days and you will be eligible to enter in this one and future Runes to come.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby m0chicakez » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:51 am

Benathorn wrote:
Cakeface wrote:Can you enter if you already tries for a rune dragon?^^
If it's possible, then I reserve this spot with the name Chomp/Scales

Many of the Rune up for adoption now will be ending in one or two days.
You may only ever try for one Rune at a time, but once the judging's for the others end you may try for this one.
You may always withdraw from other Runes if you see another you like, but just wait a few days and you will be eligible to enter in this one and future Runes to come.

okay, thank you ^^
I have read the rules, but was unsure about this question. thank you for the quick answer ~
m0chicakez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerdust » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:53 am

Stunning!
Last edited by Flowerdust on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flowerdust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me