Drawing sessions 15
47 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Mystery Rune Egg #4

Postby Benathorn » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:41 pm

Morgause

Owner: Cougar28
Type: Nightshade Rune Drake

"Nightshade Rune Drake"

"Why hello, welcome to my Cottage. My name is Thorn and I am the caretaker and founder of Runes. Many come here in seek of my aid to help them find their Rune partner but you seem to be here for a different reason...An egg you say? My, that is quite rare, lets take a look shall we? What a very special egg you have found here. Although this egg is quite large in size, I assure you it is still a female. This Rune comes from the Nightshade Rune; very reclusive dragons that are as deadly as they are beautiful. The females are always larger than the males but both are still quite large for dragons and will grow to the size of a horse. However did you come across such a dark egg? Nightshade Runes never leave their eggs unattended and would attack any creature that comes too close to their nests. Even though they are quite dangerous, they pride themselves on their lethal poisonous fangs, and are often sought after by poachers who seek out their deadly venom for even deadlier deeds. What makes the Nightshade rune so special though is their ability to summon spectral claws. Their main defense and able to cut through almost anything as if it were made of butter. This egg called for you in it's time of need. She sought you out, not for your strength, but for your intellect. She can tell you have a sharp wit about you, your intelligence is what has kept you alive thus far. You are more like the Nightshade Rune then you give yourself credit for. Agility, swiftness, and a deadly bite, be it from your blade or sharp tongue. This female sees you as her own kind and will have no other that she hatches for, keep her close, you are more alike than you think and your tale for how you came across her may be just as mysterious as the egg you hold."

Judging for forms ends August 26th midnight CS time.

Rules

~Those with the best Short Story will win this egg.
~You are allowed to add more to the form until the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~Do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes 3-5 hours to make these growable adoptables so patience is required when competing.
~Do not take any of my ideas without permission. I now have to state this in all my rules because of past issues.
~Do not use pictures from Google in your form.
~Only talk about the other runes on the main page.
~If there are any questions post them on the main thread for a mod to answer. We will no longer answer questions through PM.
~This form is not as large as the others and I only wish to see a well written short story of how you obtained the egg.
~The short Story can not go over four paragraphs and must be within that limit otherwise your form will not be counted.
~Please do not go over 5-6 sentences for each paragraph.
~You may draw pictures with your story but only one. I focus more on what is written rather than drawn and proper credit must be given.
~Enjoy, and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release.
~Be respectful and polite to each other and have fun with your form.
~Because of recent problems we will automatically disqualify and give a strike to anyone found trying to guilt or harassing others either on the threads or through PM.
~Remember that besides our own rules all Creativity Forum and Site rules apply.

Code: Select all
[center]
[b]Owner Name:[/b]
[size=85](Your Username goes here)[/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[size=85](Dragon's Name goes here)[/size]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[size=85]Female[/size]
[b]Other:[/b]
[size=85](Write a small story of how you found this egg.)[/size][/center]
Last edited by Benathorn on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mystery Rune Egg #4

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:46 pm

Have to try for her <3

Owner Name:
~Willow
Name:
Ponisa (pon-yiss-ah)
Other:

"To anyone who is reading this, I'm afraid this maybe the last you will hear of me, for I have been fataly wounded by the mysterious rune that guards this wonderous treasure: the egg of the Nightshade Rune..." I looked further down the ruined page and through the rest of the taterd book to see if anything else could have given me a hint as to how I could accuire such a treasure. Nothing, the rest of it was illegable and runied. I had taken out an old compass my mother had given me before I left home to try and figure out my position, but the magnetic field here was messed up, so I couldn't go on that. I let out an annoyed sigh and looked forward; that would be the direction I'd traveled for a while.

The path, at one point, was well worn, I could tell that much, but now it was over grown and almost impassable. The rusted, old machetie I'd brought with me still worked wonders though. With it's blade well sharpened, I was able to clear a small path I could squeeze through without getting covered in burrs. I, fairly soon, was at the heart of the land where poisnous runes run free. I was more excited than I thought I would be and sat down to think out a stratagy to obtain with-in-sight egg. I desided on a head-on approche.

The soil beneith me feet was loose and light, which gave me added speed. My breaths came light and swift as I dashed over the sand towards my quarry. My body was thrown sideways as I slamed bodily into the tunk of hefty tree. I slid to the ground, shaking in pain, I should've known better than that. I shakily got to my feet for another head on run; I figured the rune wouldn't expect that again. I let the dust fly as my feet took to the job.

I was correct, the next attack from the rune came from rather far behind me. I smirked and gained speed. Just before the nest attack, I caught the flash of something to my left and took a dusty slid toward the egg, a large cloud of dust filling the area. I grabbed the egg and ran, my feet slipping as made my escape beyond that area. Once I'd reached my runes, I held of the egg with a fierce grin. my leg hurt like heck, but that didn't matter any more: I had the egg of the deadly Nightshade Rune and a new reason to live and fight.
Last edited by SukarettoYanagi on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lying_Lilacs » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:47 pm

. σwnєr nαmє .
I'm just simple .: fαιℓ ιи ℓσνє :. Okay..Maybe not so simple. But, if you would like, you can just call me, plain and simple, Fail. It's easier for both people to remember and it takes about two seconds to type. Why I chose my name to be .: fαιℓ ιи ℓσνє :. Exactly? It's not that long of a story, so don't worry, It won't burn your eye balls out.

I really chose my username from my friend constantly bugging me about. "Hey, change your username!" "Oh, you know that username's getting old" Yadda, yadda, yadda. It's a little joke between the two of us. I brought a shirt from whatever store it was and it clearly said on the front Fall In Love. So, I wear it to school the next day, you know, finding it cute and all. So I walk up to my friend in the courtyard and she squints at my shirt and says: "Fail In Love? HA! That's exactly right!" I wasn't very amused with that statement. I mean, it's not that hard to see that it says FALL in love. So we had a contest the whole day on how many people thought it said Fail In Love. Lemme tell you, The odds were not in my favor at the end of the day. Alas, my two friends still tease me about it t this day, though it's gotten a bit old by now. So, once this is done and over and separated by a few months, my friends starts pestering me that it would be a GREAT username. So, after a few 'no's I give it a little thought and change it, thinking i'll have for a few days. But, I fell in love with it and it's now probably my permanent username. Hope the little backstory wasn't completely boring to read.

. runє nαmє .
Juniper. <3
I think this name fully and completely fits her in every aspect. The name is mysterious and has a deadly edge to it, just like this little egg here. But just because something is just a little unknown to the eye, doesn't mean it's a bad thing. It could be blossoming and gorgeous if you just give it a little time to show you.

. gєndєr .
Female.

. α stσrч ~ hσw thє shч αnd thє dαngєrσus mєt .
There's said to be long forgotten stories about times when there were odd eggs that had were rarely found in the woods with the very moon and stars woven into them. The most famous of all would have to be the tail of clawed Juniper egg. It starts in the isolated woods near a span of water, where there was a small cottage with a young girl living in it. The girl was rather tall for her age, wore the simplest of clothes that she could find, no matter how hard her parents tried to give her more expensive ones. Her hair was the lightest of red, almost looking like an orange color. But It had much more beauty than 'orange'. It was a golden color, but not quite blonde, and had small streaks of both brown and blonde throughout it. And whenever she would step outside into the sun, her shoulder length locks seemed to catch flame and shine in the brightest of ways. No matter how many times the girl was visited by her dear friends, and even her own family, she still felt something tugging at the center of her chest that made her want something else. Although, she could never quite place a finger on what that one certain thing was. A puppy? Kitten? A boyfriend? None of them caught her eye or made her chest stop hurting for even the slightest second. They all sounded cute, and maybe they could help her. But it would never work completely to rid her of her heart ache.

So what she did was wish. Every night before bed she would go and sit in the small section in front of her window and look up at the beautiful night sky. It was always so nice and quiet here, much better than the other small, crowded towns farther away. She liked living in peace in her small cabin, because she could see the stars so much better here. It's all she really wanted in a house, and that's what it gave her. She continued to wish for weeks on end until one night in the late days of August, when she was sitting down in her comfy spot in the window. As usual, she finished wishing the same thing she always did every night. "Who ever is out there, just please help this aching leave my chest. I'm not asking for much, I just need someone to send me the thing I desperately need. Whatever that may be." And once she opened her eyes from her quiet prayer a streak of pink-purple flame streaked across the sky. A shooting star perhaps? It had to be. But this one shooting star ended up landing right in the meadow not two minutes away from her cottage. The trees didn't erupt in flame, and neither did the lavender or lilac flowers that were scattered throughout the woods.

The girl quickly jumped from her seat by the window, sprinting through her small cottage and then out of the door. She slowed down during the few minutes it took her to make it to her own little meadow, trekking silently through the brush until she made it into the span of grass and wildflowers. Her meadow looked so much prettier at night, the way the moonlight filled the crescent shaped opening. And tonight was the night of the full moon, so there was nothing the woods or the meadow could be hiden from her hungry eyes. A small bundled shape was lying in the center of the clearing with a few black scorch marks around it. Even though the black scorch marks surrounded the unknown bundle, the beautiful purple and white wildflower's were still in tact and swaying slightly in the wind. This puzzled the girl in the least, making her chest ache more than it had ever been in the few weeks she had been needing. She winced to herself, finding the pain unbearable for a few seconds. But she didn't want to scare off the little bundle in the center of the clearing. Once her stab of pain was gone, she started to make her way towards the small thing. It was wrapped in what looked like silver colored silk, almost the same color as the stars were. She sat down next to the silver ball all wrapped up and cozy, pulling back a small portion of the fabric so she could just barely see what was inside; An egg?

The small oval shaped egg was black with a fuchsia aura around it, as well as what looked like clawed hands coming from it. She had heard of things like this, but only in the fairy tales her mother had told her as a child.. There had been tales of a floral colored egg that had the sweetest of scents, a green egg with leather bands around it, and one of her favorites, the one of skull egg. Her eyes widened slightly, deciding herself that this small egg must be one from the stories. Once the girl had pulled back the fabric the little thing shifted slightly in it's casing, causing the girl to jump slightly out of her position, but never leave the egg's side. She gently picked the silver wrapped egg up and cradled her into her arms, only to feel the egg shift softly again.The girl did not jump or even scream in shock at it this time, just look down at the egg with a slight smile. The girl had not noticed, that in this portion of time, that her heart had finally relaxed in her chest and stopped hurting. She picked a nearby juniper berry bundle that was just starting to grow with her free hand, placing it in the egg's blanket. Luckily, it stayed as the girl got up and stood where she was. She still had a small grin on her face, starting to walk back through the woods and into her cottage again. She decided to give the egg one of the best spots in the house, on one of the girl's nicest feather pillows with the egg's own silvery blanket around it. In the time it took for her to set up a sleeping spot for it, she decided on a name for the clawed hand egg. She would name her the sweetest of things, even sweeter than any lullaby she could sing to it. Juniper. It fit her like nothing else, and the egg didn't seem to mind how she had put a juniper berry bundle next to it. Even if something looked so mysterious and dangerous at the same time, she could see the sweetness that was hidden underneath it.

. σthєr .
Wow, this rune is just stunning. <3 I've seen these little cuties around, though I've never taken the initiative to try out for one. I think for this one I might just have to, seeing as she's stolen my heart. <3
Last edited by Lying_Lilacs on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
    -----------------------------------------------

Hi! I'm Lilacs!! vwv <3
      I used to be Fail In Love, if you remember
      me by that username. <3
      I'm not too active on here anymore, but if
      you send me a message I'll definitely read
      and respond ASAP!! But you can always
      message me on DA or Discord (Tal #8898)!
    -----------------------------------------------

Lying_Lilacs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ovacalix » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:56 pm

Goodluck Everyone <3

She is so pretty
Last edited by Ovacalix on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ovacalix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Traffic » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:01 pm

Owner Name:
Traffic
Name:
I would name her Blaise. Don't quite know why. Just think it would suite her.
Other:
Sitting on the steps of an old and abandoned house, I was contemplating what to do next. I had gotten lost on my trail, and obviously eni-mini-miny-mo did not help me with my navigation. It was late, probably around witching hour, I tried knocking on the door but no sound was heard besides the eco through the shallow house. Groaning I stood up, and looked around, alone in the deep and dark swamp, exactly how I wanted to spend my vacation! About a mile away I could see a mountain, goats live in mountains right, shouldn't it be safe? It was also the opposite way I came from, so hopefully it will be close to civilization also, so I headed towards it.

At a split moment I see a glinting purple light on the mountain. I wasn't sure what it was but it only had to of been 100 feet away from me in the mountain. At that moment I made up my mind to go check it out.
Heading to the mountain side it only took me about a minute of running until I had my foot on the first rock.
I sat down on the rock and got in a ball and hugged my legs. Not seeing anything I just decide to try something new, screaming at the top of my lungs I screech "CAN ANYONE HEAR ME?" Then at that moment some sort of voice went through my head. It was kind but deadly and said "I can hear you just fine" Then a small hand, that seemed sharp gently went across my side that was partially over the rocks edge. Jumping I spot the glimmer.

My face again was red but I was ready to face what ever was there. Kneeling down I slowly stick my hand through the crevasse that the glow game from. And this time something softly grasped onto my finger. As I pull it up I gasp as I find it's an egg. The egg was glimmering, beautiful and darkly as the shadows of the forest. I had no clue what it was, but I knew I didn't find it, this egg had found me. "Do I have a friend to accompany me on my journey to no where?" I asked, but it didn't respond. "Now what way?" I ask myself, then the hand came out, pointing East. "That way?" I ask, and like last time, no response. I just decided to listen to it, after all it had already helped me. Mainly by comfort, but this egg still did. She had given me hope, something I had needed desperately at that moment. After an hour of walking I was exhausted, but something inside me kept telling me to move.
Last edited by Traffic on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:38 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Art Shop|My characters|Tumblr|dA|FA|Ask my characters
I have been inactive for a really long time, but I'm gonna try and start being more involved with this site. uwu
Traffic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerdust » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:03 pm

So pretty, but not for me
Last edited by Flowerdust on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Flowerdust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Somnus » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:04 pm

Owner Name:
Ninja2of8
Name:
Tenebris
Tenebris means Dark in Latin, and is one of my favored Latin words.

Other:
WIP
Last edited by Somnus on Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Every dream has a power, use this power right and you can do anything.

Hello, my name is somnus. I'm a guy, a brony, and a christian. I love to roleplay, play video games, and read.

Somnus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Temperance. » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Oh wow.....I had planned on not trying out for another egg for a long while but....after reading the story you wrote for her....I dunno, it just sort of.....drew me in. Now, despite my earlier hesitations, I think I might actually try out for her, simply because after reading her excerpt fully I think she'd be an amazing rune for me <3

══════════════════════════════════════
T E M P E R A N C E
══════════════════════════════════════

Female| INFJ |Christian | Kintaur Mod

ImageImageImage

> Call me Temperance, Tempy, Kat, or whatever you feel like.
> I love animals and decided to pursue a dog training career c:
> I have broad tv interests; everything from anime to sci-fi
> Banished is my new fave series (gifs to left are from the show)
> Literate writer with oodles of characters but very little time.
> Canadian!!! Whoop whoop! Bring on the maple syrup ;P
> Only posting occasionally - sort of on a semi hiatus

Temperance.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:10 pm

NVM
(why should I try...Ill never win one anyway...)
Last edited by Sullivan Maurus on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Paine » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:12 pm

Oh god, gorgeous <3

Owner Name:
Commander Shepard
Name:
Miranda
Other:

Dropping out.
Last edited by Dr. Paine on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me