Drawing sessions 14
31 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Mystery Rune Egg #3

Postby Benathorn » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Lóegaire

Owner: Silverhart
Type: Belted Rune

"Mystery Egg #3"

"Why hello, welcome to my Cottage. My name is Thorn and I am the caretaker and founder of Runes. Many come here in seek of my aid to help them find their Rune partner but you seem to be here for a different reason...An egg you say? My, that is quite rare, lets take a look shall we? This Rune Dragon Egg is quite large which indicates that it's gender will indeed be male. But my, it seems to have belts wrapped around it's shell which do not seem to come off...well I can tell you that his element is indeed associated with the earth and metal. He has a warrior's heart and a gaze which can pierce the soul as well as unnerve others. He has called for you to be his bearer and will have no other. He seems to know that you share the same strong spirit as he and a strong will and mind is what makes you special. I am quite curious to find out how you ever came across such an egg? The dragon which is sleeping within it's shell is certainly interested in you, and I am sure you must have felt the same connection. Come, sit, and I shall prepare you some tea while you tell me your tale..."

Last edited by Benathorn on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mystery Rune Egg #3

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:00 pm

I love this egg. Reminds me somuch of myself. I will be trying for his one.

Owner Name:
~Willow
Name:
Kembara (km-barah)("adventurous")
Other:
A girl, no, young woman, sat at her window stairing off deep into the night laiden forest behind her small, log cabin-like home. She seemed thougholy mesmerized by something, with a longing glint in her eye. She seemed wily and adventurous, with a kiness to the earth and all that enhabited the land, sea, and sky. She let out a sigh, though not of wanting, but of knowing, as if she was being tortured by something unknown. The young woman quick lifted her head, her long, wildly unruly, curly brunet hair bouncing a bit. She seened to be listening closely to something, then suddenly lept to her bare, swift feet and dashed away from her window, to her doorway, and down her family's hall. She skidded through her half empty living area and into the well enhabited kitchen. Apperantly dinner was ready.

After her family and she had finished a bland dinner of rice and leftover beef stew from three nights over. She didn't seem pleased and defiantly wasn't impressed by something. She huffed off to her overly tiny bedroom, which was actually very neat and tidy for its size and thr large amount of stuff the child had. Tears were cascaing down her cheeks, her sobs silent. A whipy figure, closely followed by a bright, solid firgure, fluttered over to the young woman and pirched themselves on her shoulders. She smiled and crept to her window. Wth no efort at all, she slid it open and jumped out without a sound. She was careful to close the indow back before she sprinted to the forest and vanished within the darkness without a look back and her loyal runes following faithfully.

Her feet skimmed the ground skillfully, but not without noise. She ran on, a detumined look lighting her face and a fire burning deep within her soul. The young woman never looked back, but only forward, as though something was calling her, something was overthrowing her every other thought till only it was on her mind. She ran on as a thick, heavy fog set in and the last weary rays of twilight vanished beyond the tree tops, and the darkness set in. She knew she shouldn't go on in this dark murk, but she also knew she had to keep going, she had to find it, what ever it was.

As she ran on, never wavering, but not far frm her home either, her thoughts were filled with what ever it was she had to find. That cause her to do something she really wouldn't regret. She blindly ran on, panting and tired. She had to stop running now and walk the rest of the way. She took one step and let out a scream of terror as she plunged down a near vertical incline and landed awkwardly on the ground. She got to her feet, her left leg hurting and cut. She ignored the pain, looking forward. She peered through the murk and saw a greenish glow deep within the fog. She stummbled forward, nearing the glow. As soon as she could see what it was, she stopped dead. It was an egg of some sorts. She limped a little closer, her leg now coated in blood and leaves an stuff and sat down beside it. It glowed fiercly and she knew she'd found what she was looking for. "I will never leave you till you hatch." she said and pulled herself deeper within the cave she had found it in.
Last edited by SukarettoYanagi on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby icseal » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:00 pm

Reserved for applying my first rune :D

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* araghosta | adult | she/her ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
mostly absent with occasional bursts of activity
wife
icseal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sarill » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:12 pm

Adir, the Mystery of the Mountain

Owner Name:
Sarill
Name:
Adir
Other:

I struggled onto the ridge, my arms feeling like limp noodles. Come on, I told myself. You’re almost at the top. I snuck a glance down, and immediately wished that I hadn’t. The sheer wall of rock below me threatened to send me tumbling to my death, broken like a child’s doll. I looked up instead, eyeing the last of the incline. “I can do this,” I muttered to myself like a mantra. “I will conquer this mountain, it will not conquer me.”

I scrabbled to my feet and continued to climb. One foot after the other, from one handhold to the next, that’s what it would take. My body went numb and my vision blurred into a wall of grey stone. Suddenly my hands were met with only air, and I was blinded by a burst of blue. I stumbled over, landing on my stomach with a soft whoosh. I lay there for a second, just staring at the brilliant blue sky that broke over the face of the mountain.

I managed to pull myself into a sitting position when something caught my eye. It was emerald green, and seemed to be wrapped in something. Reaching over, I picked it up, feeling the strange object’s warm weight in my hands. An egg, I realized, it must be a rune dragon egg. I rubbed my finger against its hard, slick shell, marvelling at the beauty of it. I felt strangely drawn to the egg, although I didn’t know why.

I turned the egg carefully in my hands, inspecting every inch of it. It was covered in a pair of what seemed to be matching leather belts. I could catch glimpses of what looked like a symbol beneath them, but I wasn’t sure. Eventually I just sprawled out in the cool air, looking out at the land spread below me like a map, idly rubbing the egg. I had so many questions about it, where it came from, why it was on top of a mountain in the first place. But one question pressed into my mind above all the others.

“How am I going to get down?”
Last edited by Sarill on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sarill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sphye » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:14 pm

βяσиʓɛ∂ Ƭяɛαƨʋяɛ

Ѳωиɛя Иαмɛ:

Sphie
Иαмɛ:
Braonze (Pronounced as bronze)
Ǥɛи∂ɛя:
Male
Ƨтσяʏ:
"It was Autumn in the mountains. Leaves were turning all shades of red and gold before falling from their hosts. I was searching through the forest, but what I found was not my original goal. I was merely collecting special golden colored acorns, which I would keep or sell. As I walked though the forest, sack in hand, the squirrels ran though the trees, mouths stuffed with food. Those had better not be goldens they're eating, I thought. I shooed them away before continuing my search, lest they eat any more golden nuts.

I continued collecting for I think two hours, and was running out of room in my sacks. I was just about to head home when I heard a roar, and wondered what it could be. It instinctively felt important, so I ran toward the noise to see what was going on. It was not unheard of to encounter dragons in these mountains, large and small. I halted just before running into a clearing. I hadn't been to this part of the forest before, or rather, the end of the forest.

It was an old quarry, and it must have been abandoned for decades. I looked around quickly, not noticing anything obviously strange. I took a timid step into the clearing, and then jumped at the sound of another roar. Right behind me. I turned to see none other than a Chimera. I almost froze, but adrenaline coursed through me. I saw a small green egg, apparently the reason for the chimera's anger. Then, for a reason unknown to myself, I ran and snatched the egg right away from the Chimera. The Chimera did not follow, and I did not stop.

I was all the way back home before I even considered slowing. I looked down at the egg I had risked my life for, and saw a glow that could only be described as amazing. I realized it was now my responsibility, under my care. And I had no idea how to take care of it. "Looks like it's time for the next adventure, huh little guy?" And I swear, the egg glowed just a bit brighter."

Ѳтнɛя:
He would be my first Rune, and my first adopted Oekaki. I really hope to win him!
Last edited by Sphye on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:42 am, edited 8 times in total.
Sphye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zacherie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:23 pm

Will this one, like the last one, have a limit of 3 paragraphs? I might go for this egg... o3o
ImageImageImage
zacherie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:36 pm

I have changed the rules for these eggs which explain what you may and may not do. The limit is four paragraphs this time but no more and only one picture may be added as long as it's not from google and it is your own drawing. However I judge more on the story rather than images~
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragonfire13 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Owner Name:
Dragonfire13
Name:
Gavner Purl (Gavner for short)
Other:
I had been walking around bored with Grass on my shoulder while Spade was at my house taking a nap like he likes to do. I was walking past a yard full of weeds and long grass no one lived there but then I saw something it looked like a green egg with belts on it but I thought an egg a Rune egg? I must be dreaming so I went into the weeds and grass to make sure. When I got to the egg I bent down and picked it up still confused i then thought maybe I should take it home and see if it hatches.
~~~~

At home I watched the egg spme times and talked to it like I do to Grass and Spade. I held it sometimes to make sure I wasn't dreaming but sometimes it just felt fun to hold the egg. I had a couple blankets around it and a small lamp on it to make sure it stayed warm. Spade and Grass liked the egg to and would poke it with there heads or just stare at it. We all took turns watching it and it became apart of are dayly time.
~~~~

The egg begain to move side to side a littl esometimes not much we noticed it bu thought it's going to hatch soon! Thron had told me it was a rune dragon egg when I had went to her cottage and said one was rare! I was schocked but happy she also told me it was male I thanked her and said I had to go home so I could tell Grass and Spade and think of a name. When I was home me,Grass, and Spade thought and though but couldn't think of a name! So I started to read and think on it.
~~~~

I was in my book when I jumped up saying "I know what to call the rune in the egg!" Grass and Spade came to me and I told them "how about Gavner Purl" they thought and nodded happy about the name I smiled and said "it just came to me in a book." Thats when we heard the cracking noises and went to check on the egg there was a crack in it! and it was shacking more then it had been! We were so excited that we haven't slept much but we were happy and fine with not much sleep.

Image I know grass has no tail but I couldn't fit it!
Last edited by Dragonfire13 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Dragonfire13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flyteck » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:47 pm

This egg is the one <33 Even though I have way too much going, I'm trying out <3
Owner Name:
flyteck
Name:
Balto. Although I haven't seen the movie Balto since I was very young, I still somewhat know the personalities of the characters (or I think I do). The name Balto makes me think of pride, strength, loyalty, and adventure. The owner of the name would be fearless, and would give his life for those he loves.
Other:
"I slipped my warm coat, snug hat, and thick gloves on. I stepped into my boots and wrapped a thick wool scarf around Voodoo's neck, and we set off. It was a cool night, and we were headed out for our nightly walk. Tonight was like any other night: Voodoo was perched on my shoulder, occasionally flapping off to examine something in the bushes. The moon was bright, the sky was clear. A soft breeze rippled the tree branches. Nothing special at all, really. It was not long before me and Voodoo were approaching the woods we normally walked through, but I felt no desire to go into them. They seemed... empty. Voodoo had landed at the entrance to the woods, waiting for me so we could continue our walk. "This way Doo", I said, turned towards the mountains. I had never gone into this dangerous territory before, but I felt oddly daring today. Voodoo tugged nervously at the back of my shirt, not wanting to go to his death. "This way." I said sternly, and the rune landed on my shoulder, head between his wings and breathing lightly. It took a good deal of scrambling to get up the cliffs, and Voodoo would not put up with it. He swooped off of my shoulder, and I watched him fly down to our home and enter the house through an open window. "Like I need him" I mumbled under my breath.

After realizing what I had just said, I felt guilty but oddly... uncaring. Something was out there, and it was calling me. I scrambled over one last cliff, and stopped. I was here. I walked straight towards the cliff wall, knowing where to go. I bent down, pulling apart a clump of grass......and finding a narrow tunnel. Well, more of a crack. Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I crept into the narrow crevice. It was dark and musty here, and only instinct kept me moving. I soon emerged into a large cave. I stood up, head bent to avoid hitting the ceiling. There was an exit but that's not where I needed to go... I needed to go into the chamber to my right. I crept inside, and my face paled... there was a bed of leaves, branches, and pelts, and then there were bones... big bones, small bones, all sorts of bones... I was desperate to find what I had come for and leave, but there was one problem: I had no clue what I was looking for. I heard something moving behind me, and then I saw it; a bear. I backed up against the cave wall, heart beating like a drum. The bear took a swipe at me, crunching bones as it leaned closer. I ducked out of the way, barely managing to avoid the razor-sharp, three-inch claws. When I looked back up, I watched a green and brown blur fly through the air and hit the bear in the head. The bear staggered, confused. It hit the ground with a thud, unconscious. As soon as I saw the greenish egg, wrapped in what looked to be belts, I knew it was for me. It rolled towards me, stopping at my feet. My heart soared, and I picked up the egg and hugged it. After all, it did save my life. But soon, cold reality hit me, and I was out of that cave and down the cliff in a heartbeat.

Soon, I was at my front door, the egg wrapped in my coat. As soon as I opened the door, Voodoo swooped in on me, chirping worriedly. "I'm fine" I said, swatting at him so he would give me some space. Voodoo landed on the counter, looking slightly hurt. I sat down in my arm chair, holding the egg in my lap. It felt warm under my hands, and pulsed slightly with a soft green light. I ran my hands along its smooth green shell and over its rough leather straps. I felt oddly complete. Voodoo flapped over to my shoulder, and, upon noticing the egg, was immediately transfixed. He chirped curiously and gazed at the soft pulsing light emitted by the egg. Then, it hit me. I had no idea how to care for an egg. "Doo, do you know how to care for this?" I asked nervously. My rune looked at me and blinked, simply showing he was confused. "Great. Now what do I do?" But then the memory of someone who was wise about runes. I didn't really know where, but I knew what direction to go. It was not long before I found the cottage and knocked on the door in hopes of this being the right place. As soon as the door opened, I knew I had found the cottage." And so that's my story.

I'll be tweaking this o3o

And also, a crappy animation. Can't fix the glow on PSE D:

Now, to my extras. Feel free to completely disregard these, this egg just inspires me. If I didn't draw him, I wouldn't sleep at night ene So whoever wins will be bombed continuously o3o
Personality:
Balto is adventurous. Although he has yet to hatch, Balto has already knocked a bear unconscious. He loves to roll around and often falls off of things. But for him, it's all just part of the fun.
Balto is also very persuasive. He somehow found out about me and called to me, making me abandon logic and my own rune to scramble into the mountains. He knows how to persuade, even as an egg. He'll probably be a very spoiled child once he hatches..
Extra Art:
Voodoo seems rather shocked X3
I know this couldn't happen but still... it was fun <3
This came to me and I had to draw it. Voodoo is a good sewer/knitter, so he decided to make Balto a hat.
Last edited by flyteck on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:53 am, edited 11 times in total.
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
echjhmhehcghfghfgghhImage

Deviantart [most active]
toyhou.se
Lioden
I'm still on here, but I don't post much.
Feel free to message me if you'd like to
chat! Check my DA for commissions c;

✯ Check out my Webcomic!✯
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
flyteck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Horneddragon » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:48 pm

Owner Name:
Horneddragon
Name:
Zander
Other: [size] My hand fell down the soft fur of Ozzy's shoulder. My half attempt to calm his nerves was betrayed by my other hand, nervously twisting deep within his thick lion like mane. I looked around at the motley group around us, runes and humans alike. Not all were bound to one another, but still they fought on, and stood for what they believed in. Ozzy and I fell into such a group,wewerenot bound, and yet we were one, two halves of the same whole. And just as inseparable as the true rune bearers of our group. And though we did not have as much to loose as those around us but still my stomach dropped when the group of cutters crested the hill.

Ozikeil's heartbeat was a steady thrum below me as we raced towards our attackers. Our group was sourly outmatched yet we were somehow still holding strong. Pride surged in my body as I shot a quick look at my freinds, I could not help but smile. Ozzys pained hiss drug me back to reality and my eyes drifted to the deep gash on his snake-like tail, and locked on to the eyes of the cutter who had put it there. [/size]
Last edited by Horneddragon on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:03 am, edited 8 times in total.
|| The House of Belant || || Fursona || || Characters || || Daeets || || C.R.A.A. || || Muse || || Writing || || Join me on Howrse?||
|-| My Universe Will Never be the same |-|

Quote of the day wrote:
Firi Okan; Currently available; #6; #4
Horneddragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me