Re: Wes' Waypoints - Day 4

Postby case » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:54 am

I’m participating in Prompt Day #5!
    Username: case
    Your ID#: 108699
    Previous Entry: here!
    Chicoon: Cirrus!
      Oh no! We're Lost!
      How does your Chicoon make their way back to the campsite?
    Entry: Story
    Cirrus woke with a start, jerking awake. She could have sworn that something, or someone, had touched her. Oh well, maybe it was just the cold breeze. She stood there for a moment, waiting for her eyes to adjust; however, she quickly realized why her eyes did not seem to be adjusting at all -- Cirrus had slept so long that it was now nighttime! She knew she had to find her way back to the camp, and then back to her tent. As a young Chicoon, Cirrus often found herself lost because her sense of direction was horrible. If Cirrus could not get back home when it was light out, how was she going to manage this situation?!

Cirrus silently thought to herself. The animals lurking in the woods made their presence known, which only further frightened Cirrus. Frogs croaked and owls hooted, seemingly telling Cirrus that she was trapped forever.

Cirrus' head spun around as she heard some rustling in the bushes. Although she was scared beyond words, she walked over to the bush. Maybe it was another camper that could lead her back to camp? To her dismay, the creature revealed itself to be a raccoon stuffing his face with vegan marshmallows. Now who would leave a half-eaten bag of such a delectable treat? Cirrus shook her head. Maybe all of these Chicoons camping together was not such a great idea. Of course, there were going to be some Chicoons who littered. Cirrus picked up the sticky bag with disgust. The bag of marshmallows had been sitting in the sun for who knows how many days. She hated the sticky feeling on her paws, but she shoved the plastic bag into her own knapsack. Cirrus took a few steps forward in the dark, unable to see where she was putting her paws. She jumped back in shock as her paw kicked a hard object. It took her a few seconds to realize that the object was made out of tin, and was not a snake or something more dangerous. Feeling her way across the ground, Cirrus reached for the strange object. She held out the object directly in front of her face, which she did in order to identify the foreign item. Could she be seeing and reading correctly -- a can of green beans? Who was leaving all of this trash?!

Of course, Cirrus was not going to leave the tin can in the middle of the woods. She picked up the trash and placed it alongside the gooey plastic marshmallow bag. To her surprise, Cirrus could see that a trail of trash stretched out in front of her. Cirrus began to follow the path, which was littered with garbage. Every few feet, she would pick up the litter. There was no way she was going to leave the garbage out in the wilderness.

After quite a bit of walking, Cirrus began to recognize her surroundings. The trail of rubbish had let her back to camp. Cirrus happily walked into her tent with her knapsack filled with all sorts of objects. She would properly dispose of the litter in the morning. Finally back in her home away from home, Cirrus felt like she could not be upset or mad with the Chicoon who had littered, since the garbage led her to camp. However, she promised herself that she would try to find the culprit and give them a lecture about littering. [574 words]
she/her
avatar by darling feathers of willow

my jbd's
april
vivian
cadbury
cameron
eggo
Pet's name: 3
case

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleMaple » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:13 am

Username: LittleMaple
    Your ID#: 967464
    Previous Entry: boop
    Chicoon: Raindroppy ddrop droop
      Oh no! We're Lost!
    Well, at first, Raindrop panics. His mind always skips to the worst possible event, so he has a little cry in the corner for a bit before snapping out of it and getting serious. He uses his big ol shnoz to sniff out the trail that they left! Or at least, he tries to, but he keeps getting off track. Finally, he honks loudly and shakes his head, looking around. It seems he has decided that he will use landmarks! He does good at first, but after a while he realizes that he is hopelessly lost. He honks, a long drawn out wail and curls up :[[/list]
    maple moment
    call me maple!
    artist, poet, goober
    i <3 warrior cats
    ──────────────────
    the poptart! 🍩
    ──────────────────
    ImageImage
    ──────────────────
    Aetherclan SSG TPO
    SVBs TRMK (HAWKC)
    ──────────────────
    lower the bar cus'
    i'm choking on stardust
LittleMaple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .henloimmabirb. » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:35 am

Username: .henloimmabirb.
    Your ID#: 778953
    Previous Entry: Day 4
    Chicoon: Eos
      Oh no! We're Lost!
    Entry: Image
    Eos had a smart idea when they first headed out on the nature walk, to make a trail that he and Soot could follow to get back to the campsite. Luckily, he found a pretty sturdy stick that he dragged behind him the whole walk, and then they both were able to follow it home. :3

Henlo!! :D I am Birb! Image

PokeFarm Q

Art Fight
Sketch Shop | Character Shop
Discord: ScribbleRibbon#1282
ImageImage
ImageImage
.henloimmabirb.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imabanditø » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:45 am

Username: imabanditø
    Your ID#: 908562
    Previous Entry: x
    Chicoon: cosmos
      Oh no! We're Lost!
    Entry: cosmos tried following the stars, but got confused because there were so many. he then resorted to using his compass!
— cer/ceri | he/they
th | aroace/agender
my art shop! :D <3
imabanditø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby madeofkaons » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:28 am

Username: rosemeadow
    Your ID#: 985317
    Previous Entry: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4766474&start=70#p139173617
    Chicoon: Zeno (Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4768266)
      Oh no! We're Lost!
    The misfortune of it all was unfair, at least concerning his perspective on these circumstances. Zeno had no idea where he was. The feeling of not having some external guide in regards to his location irked him, though so did the majority of other situations he was finding himself in. After seeing the tarot card earlier, he had decided upon another stroll to clear his mind, but getting lost had most definitely not been his intention. Of course, though, he had not considered that going for a walk in a deciduous forest shortly before sundown could be a bad idea, so perhaps he had not thought about it enough. His purple-tinted eyes roamed the scene, which looked the same everywhere. Darkness. Trees. A bush? The fire-crested tail behind him lashed back and forth, steadily faster as he paced in this small forested clearing. The only light he had was the incandescence of that purple flame. There was no path to follow, because he could not see any in the shadowy night. Around and around the clearing the chicoon went, not attempting to find a solution but instead finding himself dwelling upon the unfortunate situation itself. Suddenly, on what seemed to be the hundredth lap, a greater misfortune struck. Zeno felt his tail brush ever so slightly against a small forest bush, a passing touch that would have seemed insignificant if there were not a literal fire burning on his tail.
    He jumped in surprise, his head wings jolting up with alarm. An identically purple fire had now erupted in the small bit of undergrowth, and he honked in frustration as much as in panic because, well, to be in a situation in which one has started a forest fire is not optimal. Zeno was not one to panic, but as he darted away from the steadily blooming flames he felt an unmatched dread build within him. Eyes wide, he looked around the darkness that was now spookily lit by the purple of the fire for anything that could stop it from spreading. His eyes were as adjusted as they could be, and yet, he still could not see anything of use. He moved backwards and stepped on a shockingly smooth object against the forest floor. Quickly lifting his paw up to see the object, the chicoon spotted a group of strangely placed rocks. A small amount of the dread disappeared. For once, acting without thinking, he ararnged the rocks around the flaming bush in a desparate manner, hoping that they would block the flames from spreading.
    Surprisingly, they seemed to work. Zeno tentatively watched the flames as they were, confined to the bush of whatever poor berries he had just sentenced to burning. Berries... his stomach grumbled, and he was reminded that he was still lost in a forest at night. Before his restlessness could reappear, the chicoon heard a rustling of leaves behind him. It was a search party of chicoons from the campground! One gestured with head wings towards the smoke of the fire, signalling that they had seen the smoke emitted from the accident. Zeno, now out of danger, quickly assumed the role of having come up with the clever idea to burn something to get them to look for him, and shurgged, as if brushing off a feat. They would never know he had almost accidentally set the forest on fire. All that mattered was that he could use their help to get back to the campsite and crawl into bed. As the others, chattering to each other through honks, used some water to put out the trapped purple fire and began to lead him home, however, Zeno made a large effort to control his tail. Just in case.
hello there! i'm madeofkaons

☆ she/her ☆ math and physics nerd ☆
madeofkaons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wes' Waypoints - Day 5

Postby Eevee55 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:36 am

Just wanted to put a little warning that my story includes some feelings of paranoia while being lost. Nothing that should violate any of CS's rules, but I know that it might be uncomfortable to read for some so here's a warning to skip it if you want to!
For the mod of this booth: Just in case you want to skip reading it, here's the word count for my story: 534

Username: Eevee55
    Your ID#: 1033286
    Previous Entry: Here
    Chicoon: Sara
      Oh no! We're Lost!
    Entry: Somehow, despite her love of hiking and exploring nature, Sara has never really gotten lost before. They always stayed on or close enough to the trails to find their way back easily. So getting lost was not really something she was expecting or had planned for during this camping trip. It really didn't help that they had just met that mysterious, cloaked Chicoon the previous night. The way the Chicoon had taken the clue she found and warned her not to continue helping Mystra with cryptid hunting had her rather on edge. Sure, they were lost in the forest, not by the lake where the mysterious Chicoon had found them, but still... Sara could not help but feel rather uneasy. It was a rather strange coincidence she was just now getting lost after that odd encounter, wasn't it?
    Sara did not usually get scared when she was in nature. It typically had a very calming effect on them, in fact. But ever since that encounter... Would the mysterious Chicoon pop out at her again? Were they watching them right now, trying to figure out if they were looking for clues again, even though it wasn't night time right now? It was an uncomfortable feeling, having to keep looking over her shoulder. Was that movement they saw out of the corner of their eye? Something that previously would have been a source of excitement as Sara would be able to watch an animal run around was now... Scary.
    Sara didn't like this feeling. Less because of the feeling itself- though she didn't obviously didn't like that either- but mainly because she was feeling it in a place that previously had always felt safe to her. Nature had always been a place to run to, not run away from. They had never felt trapped by nature like they did now, not knowing where to go. Sara took a deep breath, then another, trying to calm herself down. After several minutes of this, they started to relax. Finally, she was calm enough to think clearly again. They looked around the area for any signs of the trail they had been on earlier- or any trail back to camp, really- and after a bit of searching they found a trail marker on the other side of a cluster of bushes.
    Breathing a sigh of relief, Sara rushed back onto the trail, and was careful not to deviate from it in the slightest for the remainder of the journey back to the campsite. For once, she was focused solely on following the trail, not letting herself be distracted by the plants and animals around her. The walk felt a lot longer than the walk to get here in the first place had, but when the campsite was in sight again, Sara felt a lot better. Seeing they had made it back safely and without running into the cloaked Chicoon again, they were able to relax fully. Sara hoped she could put that uncomfortable feeling behind her now, so she could go back to enjoying nature. A small butterfly flew past them, and as they watched it landed on a pretty flower. Smiling, Sara thought that she would be fine.
Despite everything,

Image Image Image
Heya, I'm Eevee!
Thank you so much to twinkle! for the adorable avatar!

It's still you.

Eevee55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Day 5 Results

Postby cinerious » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:04 pm

Wes wrote:

Welcome to The Waypost!

Day 6 is now open!
Check here for the prompt! I will post when I close today's prompt around 8pm est!

Daily Findings wrote:Wes stared, eyes wide as chicoons recounted their brushes with being lost! Some had very good ways of getting back, others got lucky. He wished them all well and handed them shiny stones for their troubles.

P3PP3R_c0rn - 1 tinted stone
case - 1 tinted stone
LittleMaple - 1 tinted stone
.henloimmabirb. - 1 tinted stone
imabanditø - 1 tinted stone
rosemeadow - 1 tinted stone
Eevee55 - 1 tinted stone

Wes also found another stick and, confused as to it's purpose, handed it to case, thinking they might know what to do with it.
(+1 Grandiose Stick)

imabanditø also had a chicoon follow them back! (You get 2nd pick from here!)
Last edited by cinerious on Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
★ ☆ ★ fighting burnout <3 ★ ☆ ★
★ ☆ ★ cin/daphne | star/stars/starself ★ ☆ ★
★ ☆ ★ UMA Storages ★ ☆ ★

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
cinerious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wes' Waypoints - Day 6

Postby Pepperikorn » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:39 pm

I’m participating in Prompt Day #6!
    Username: P3PP3R_c0rn
    Your ID#: 199677
    Previous Entry: Link
    Chicoon: Meelis
      Fairy Garden
      Show or tell us how your Chicoon would create a small garden for Faefolk!
    Entry: 'Fairies only like natural things? No way. I'm sure some fairies out there would enjoy a colorful neon garden party! ' Meelis thought to herself.
Have a wonderful day :)
======================
Note:
My username used to be P3PP3R_c0rn
(Changed on 2/Nov)
<DA><oldTH><NewTH>
======================
Image Image
Pepperikorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby madeofkaons » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:15 am

Username: rosemeadow
    Your ID#: 985317
    Previous Entry: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4766474&p=139185713#p139185713
    Chicoon: Zeno (Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4768266)
      Fairy Garden
    Zeno is admittedly, at first, opposed to the idea of creating a fairy garden. His excuse, communicated through an attitude of reluctancy as well as a series of defensive honks, is that he does not believe that fairies exist. However, he doesn't have anything else to do, he realizes, so he plops down on the floor of the forest next to his tent and ponders on how to start. As his tail flicks back and forth, he finds that he does not know anything about these "fairies" or what they would like. It was frustrating enough to get him irritated, which was not saying much. Zeno tends to become angry at anything that does not immediately fit his criteria, the unheeding perfectionist. He taps his paws on the forest floor in an attempt to fidget his way out of doing it- and as his pawpads strike, he realizes that they are making small marks in the ground.
    He gazes at the imprints for a minute, and an idea begins to form, sprouting as like a plant within his mind's eye. It is an idea that he- surprisingly- finds delight in. He hesitates, assuming a cautious expression; would it be worth it? He doesn't even believe in faefolk. However, it was too late- Zeno had an idea, and he was not turning back. Trotting over to grab some tools and securing a serene place in the forest, Zeno begins to dig. Though the sudden determination has seemingly come out of nowhere, he is accepting it, and his garden will be absolutely worth it.
    After an hour or so flies by- the sun is dipping behind the oaks and pines above the chicoon- he has finished the beginning of his fairy garden. As he steps back to look at his work, he takes a brief moment to wonder if underground fairy gardens are allowed. Do faefolk live underground? He is unsure. Does it matter to him? Not in the slightest. In front of Zeno, there is a large pile of dirt as well as sections of recently covered ground snaking through the undergrowth. He has created a tunnel system, and, as if to show it off to some imaginary audience, Zeno takes what seems to be a leaf-made roof off of the ground, exposing a kind of miniature underground pavilion. It's not decorated yet, he reminds himself, but one has to admit that it is architecture. The fairies will appreciate that. Now that the barebones base of it is complete, he is ready to gather his decorations. He really does not have the slightest idea what fairies would like- especially those that live underground, but he has thought hard about what he is placing as the plants in his garden. The thought counts for at least a small portion. Hopefully.
    After yet another hour or so passes, Zeno has created a self-proclaimed masterpiece. He looks over his work and dusts his paws together, his eyes bright with pride. It is rare for him to be seen like this. He has constructed an underground fairy garden, and as he lifts the leaf roof over the fairy pavilion once again, it is decorated with tiny glowing mushrooms. He has also laced some (fittingly named) fairy lights around the underground tunnels. It is a tiny, cozy, glowing place, lit by the arbitrarily placed glowing mushrooms and fairy lights. Zeno turns around to leave his work to its intended audience- the fairies. He hopes that they'll enjoy it, even if he did it wrong. He still doesn't believe in fairies, though, he insists to himself as he pads away from the secluded underground garden. No way.
    [610 words]
hello there! i'm madeofkaons

☆ she/her ☆ math and physics nerd ☆
madeofkaons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .henloimmabirb. » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:51 am

Username: .henloimmabirb.
    Your ID#: 778953
    Previous Entry: Day 5
    Chicoon: Eos
      Fairy Garden
    Entry: Image
    Eos created a little garden for Faefolk! His pal Soot opted to take a nap after helping gather flowers and some small pebbles. :3

Henlo!! :D I am Birb! Image

PokeFarm Q

Art Fight
Sketch Shop | Character Shop
Discord: ScribbleRibbon#1282
ImageImage
ImageImage
.henloimmabirb.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery