My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1472 CYOS

Postby VoidRinkusu » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:35 am

username: VoidRinkusu
name: Penumbra (A space of partial illumination (as in an eclipse) between the perfect shadow on all sides and the full light)
story: (500/500)

I was arranging Halloween decorations when I heard a nervous "Excuse me?" from the door of the library. It came from one of three kits, dressed in an elaborate costume. Trick-or-treaters. Their job is fairly simple: ring a doorbell, ask for treats, but since the doors of the library were already open, they had to find another way to catch my attention. I smiled, handing each one a bit of candy and a pumpkin shaped cookie. "Would you like to hear a story while you're here?" The kits seemed to agree that it was the least they could do for someone kind enough to give them candy and a cookie, so they sat around me as I wiped the dust off of the cover of an old book.

There once was a man who loved nothing except for his money, and did not want friends or family. This man heard rumors of a powerful witch who could give him anything he had earned, and he was certain that he had earned at least twice the amount of money that he owned, so he set out for her at once. He did eventually find the witch and asked for her to grant his wish. She asked him what it is he wanted. He said money. She asked what he loved and cared about in his life. He said money. The witch was not pleased with the selfish man, and changed his heart to glass so he could not even love his money. The man went on for one week before he could take it no longer, the one thing he had, robbed of all its splendor. He returned to the witch and begged for her to restore his heart. The witch, believing in second chances, wanted to help this man. She gave him back his heart and told him to appreciate everything he had. The man felt his whole being surge with emotion, and the first thing he thought of was his precious money. Fragile as glass, his heart shattered. He accused the witch of betraying him, but she told him that he brought this upon himself. After what he learned, he still decided to be selfish, and if a heart cannot love, you can see right through it like a well-polished window. The man set back home on his paddle boat, filled with hatred, fury, and sorrow. The fog became so dense that he was blinded. He ran into another boat, and yelled at them to move. They yelled the same thing back, more angrily. He told them to get out of his way. They said the same. This went on until the fog lifted, revealing that he had hit a rock and was yelling at himself the whole time, defeated, he continued along the river. The water shone clear as glass.

As the kits waved their goodbye, I turned to face the small windows in the back of my library, a few heart shaped panes of glass still remained.
Last edited by VoidRinkusu on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
VoidRinkusu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orbiting » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:48 am

perhaps!

not on here much anymore but to reminisce,
if we've ever interacted in the slightest, thank you for kind memories,
i loved this place.
orbiting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:57 am

username:
        spartanamethyst
      name:
        Ayumi - Japanese, "to stroll or to walk".
      story:
        She'd always loved flowers; they brought such peace and serenity to her soul.

Looking up at the sun as it filtered through the leaves, she reached up to one of the low hanging branches and gently plucked a magnolia from its place. The large bloom was pristine, and it fit perfectly in the contours of her small hands. She quite adored the white flowers that grew all over the property that was her new home, though they held no comparison to her cherry blossoms.

White reminds me of him.

Smiling softly, she tucked the bloom into her hair and continued her walk, looking around at the foreign beauty of the land. She was so far away from her true home and everyone she held dear; the adventure still called to her, responsibilities still held her, but she wouldn't deny that she missed her friends, her family, him...

A flash of his cocky grin.

Yes, him. He was the one she missed the most. Sitting in the forest, talking and laughing like two young teenagers, late night concerts and fast food runs when her parents thought she was asleep... In her native country, that was quite disgraceful to her parents to do things like that, and even though part of her wishes she hadn't, she would never give up the experience. It was all to be with him; he'd been such a bad influence, but it just went to show that even Japanese prestige can fall hard for bad boys. Her eyes swept longingly across the manicured grass and well-kept grounds, and in the dreamscape of her mind it began to shift. Before she realized it, she was no longer walking through the grounds of a Southern American mansion; the blazing heat of summer even seemed to fade and give way to chillier winds, like the ones that descend off Mt. Fuji. The mansion ahead of her became a tall pagoda, the red paint seeming untouched by the elements, prayer slips and Ofuda swinging softly in the breeze. Stone monoliths were scattered between the dirt paths, surrounded by carefully tended designs in the sand. Cherry blossoms floated down softly on the breeze, adorning the path she walked like rose petals at a wedding.

And ahead of her, standing at the entrance to the pagoda he grinned, white hair gently waving in the wind. "Ayumi," he called to her. "Let's go home." And she smiled, an expression so true and joyful that she was afraid her cheeks would cramp from the stretch.

"Ayumi?" Huh? The voice changed. Opening her eyes, her little reverie had come to an end, and the world was as it was supposed to be. There were no cherry blossoms, no pagoda... She was back in the south, back with the magnolias, and the man in front of her was not her love. It was her future husband who looked at her with concern; but when he held his hand out, she still took it. Life isn't always perfect.

[500/500]
Last edited by SpartanAmethyst on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sicknasty » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:29 am

username: sicknasty
    name: hexe? helena?
    story:
      there once was a student of magic, who through her impatience and impetuousness was led astray.
      her name was helena, and she studied under a much greater magician, an older kalon who had once
      been famed as a powerful sorcerer, but was now content to live a quieter life as a teacher.
      despite the power and wisdom of her teacher, helena was not patient to wait - she had high aspirations, and
      dreamed of being the mightiest magical warrior of all.
      however, she was not a natural magician -
Last edited by sicknasty on Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
just not here anymore -
check out my da or add me on discord!

box - they/them or she/hers
about - my kalons - da

ImageImageImage
sicknasty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby c o r r i o n a. » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:59 am

username: w h i t e. b o y
name: Metronome
story:

Silence. It was all that stirred. A body layed, so still, so weak, apon a lavender sheet that was covered with puny, plain stars. A hand lopped over the bed side, was it safe? Could you trust leaving your hand off the side of the bed peacefully asleep knowing nothing will get you? You shriek, jolting up, you could've sworn something grabbed you, what was it? What was it ! You see it head out the door, but are you crazy enough to chase after it? Most certainly not ! After all curiosity killed the cat...

Last edited by c o r r i o n a. on Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c o r r i o n a.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby T u m b l e » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:31 am

Username:
      T u m b l e
    Name:
      Atiena | Pronounced as:
      Atiena is a Swahili meaning: Guardian of the night.

Story:

----
ImageImage Image ImageImage

Please pm me if I haven't replied to your message or if I owe you something ;v;
T u m b l e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenNyra » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:47 am

username: QueenNyra | name: Luna | gender: Female

The moon was the only thing to illuminate the lonely field.
Her paws touched the soft grass without making any sound. It felt like nature went to sleep as she couldn't hear the wind blowing through the leaves but she wasn't very surprised by that.
Luna took at the look at the sky and was greeted by the big, round shape the kalons knew as the moon. Other than that there was no light shining down on her face but that was soon to change.
After taking a deep breath she felt warmth flowing through her body as stars slowly formed above her to dance around the moon. Air slowly started to blow it's way into the field bringing back the sound of nature.
Luna started to continue walking through the field knowing that her job here was done.

(maaa my english is to bad to write good storys but i will try *sob*)
Last edited by QueenNyra on Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nyra | She/ Her | German & English | Artist
QueenNyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby veridian » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:34 am

oh my GOSH MARK!!
        i think im a good person
        or at least i hope i am
        hello! i'm veridian, feel free to call me ver.
        i don't really go on here much anymore
        z
        🌻. 🌾. 🍃. 🌿. 🌸. 🌊. - avatar. sig art
        sure, im pretty awful
        but i'm trying to get better
veridian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups