Re: Lunar New Year Adopts -- Dragon

Postby Koro-san » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:56 am

Username: Koro-san
Name: Ryoko (meaning: woman who is like a dragon)
Art:

Gus had only come along for the promise of food- but now Ryoko was regretting asking for extra help. She wanted someone with a strong nose to help her sniff out her stolen golden acorn stash, but Gus was clearly missunderstanding her request and picked up every single acorn he saw. Which was a lot.

"Found one!!!"

Whoever wins this bab can message me if they'd like the unwatermarked art! Such a pretty bab, wish I could've spent a little more time on this but I have to leaveee aa :'3

edit: oops figured I should clarify- background images and grass are allowed to be edited/re-purposed for commercial use~ :3
Last edited by Koro-san on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
INFJ | She/ Her | Smol
Character Trading Thread!

Pixel by nocturnalapples
Koro-san

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowdrake » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:22 am

username;; Hinode // name;; ephos // gender;; male

"come on, don't make such a fuss about it, just step aside and hand the treasure over to me." a huge kalon was looming over amethyst, the self-crafted karambit he was flipping in his paw seemed thirsty for blood and was shimmering just as eerily in the moonlight that found it's way through the huge windows of the castle's library as his eyes. the smaller kalon, however, didn't do as he asked "no, ephos, I'm not going to just hand it over to you! I-" "oh, come on ammy!" the female was quickly cut off by the male's roaring voice "you know very well yourself who that gold belongs to and if you're not going to give it to me I will just go and get it by force!" his rage-filled eyes started glowing even more in the dark "if you want this town's people to live you should follow my orders." this made amethyst freeze. what is she going to do now? this kingdom's history is already broken enough as it is...

---

hundreds of years ago, in a kingdom blooming in its most colorful and fragrant time, two little kalons were born into the kindom's royal family. one light of color, the other dark. the two brothers named soleas and aurelios grew up and lived a healthy life in harmony. however, time went by fast and after their mother passed it was soon also time for the king, their beloved father, to die. as tradition would have it only one of them could follow their father's footsteps and become the new ruler of the land. the two brothers were aware of this and knew that one of them would have to fall below the other in their rank, so they both waited in anticipation for their father's choice. the day had finally come and the king's last few minutes in this world were slowly fading away, so he let his sons get sent over to him. as they arrived and saw their father slowly die in front of them they immediately fell to their knees at his bed and started crying. their father spoke, "don't cry, my beloved sons, you knew this time would have to come one day. you shouldn't be sad but celebrate this day, as a new king has been chosen to rule above this kingdom." they looked up at him with teary eyes, both scared of their fathers next words, "aurelios, you are a strong and fierce leader. with you as a king, this land would have no need to fear a war, as you have great potential as a strict and strong king. however, you tend to act before you think and that might lead you to run into your's and the doom of all your people." the dark colored kalon closed his eyes out of fear, "soleas, you are gentle and highly intelligent. you know how to lead a war and how to avoid getting into conflicts alltogether. however, you need to speak up more if there is something that bothers you." now the light colored kalon, too, closed his eyes and waited for the king's final words, "this was a very difficult choice to make and I want you to know that I love you both the same, but I have to keep our tradition and I can only announce one of you as the king." he took a deep breath "soleas, I inherit you the position as king and leader of this land, so that you may serve your people with full heart until the day has come to pass on your crown and throne to your own offspring." the light coated kalon had his eyes wide open and he didn't know how to feel. while he was, of course, happy about his father's choice, he was concerned about his brother who crearly looked disappointed. before any of them could react, their father spoke again "you have been the best sons a father could have possibly wished for. I wish you both the best, farewell." with that, he closed his eyes and faded away peacefully. the two brother's cries of pain and sorrow could be heard throughout the whole castle and since they only had themselves now, all that was left for them to do was give each other the comfort they needed.

the funeral went by and they both adjusted to the fact that one of them was now the king. soleas fulfilled his duty with great success and aurelios learned to accept being a rank lower than his brother. however, one day the two brothers got into a fight, as a war was soon to break out between two neighbour kingdoms. while soleas believed that keeping their noses out of other kindom's business was the best thing to do, aurelios had the opposite opinion. they got into a horrible fight and as soleas defeated aurelios, who then left the kingdom without a word. eventually, he created his own family known as the royal family's shadow. seeking vengeance for their father's defeat, the family members continuosly tried to take back what they believe belongs to them. generations after generations passed and eventually that sense of vengeance lost its meaning. their thirst for revenge changed into greed, making their only real goal the royal family's treasures.

---

one of aurelios' decendants is ephos, who was now standing unnervingly close to amethyst. if she doesn't act soon, all hope will be lost, not only for her, but for the whole rest of the village as well. as a well known assassin who works for anyone offering him the right amount of money, ephos knew that the smaller kalon doesn't stand a chance against him and amethyst was aware of that as well.
Last edited by snowdrake on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SyntheticFox » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:16 am

Dropping
Last edited by SyntheticFox on Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello There !

I'm SyntheticFox ! (Or Fox)
Feel free to message me !

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kalons』✮『Senti』✮『Bigby

SyntheticFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinnamon Heart » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:44 am

username: Sweet Cinnamon
name: Lily

story/art:

It was a quiet Saturday afternoon, and Bambi was out in the meadows picking flowers and searching for herbs. Her mate Elijah had gone out early that morning, and she suspected that he was looking for clay again. Something about his family's culture and lifestyle. She could just picture him wearing one of those wooden tribal masks, making some strange statue out of a clump of clay. She hoped that she'd meet him out here. It was strange, but after noticing his absence that morning, she'd started to feel like she was missing him more and more. Maybe it was because weekends were a way for her to relax and spend more time with those that mattered to her after working all day during the week. Actually, it almost felt like she hadn't seen him at all for a whole week. She was bending down to pick a few daisies when she heard someone call her name.

"Bambi, Bambi!" shouted Lily as she rushed through the grass towards the pink kalon. Bambi had just lifted her head, and her eyes widened when she saw the dragon-like kalon that was leaping towards her. Lily was fast, and she knew it. She wouldn't bump into Bambi. As a kit, she'd often underestimated her own strength and speed. But she could handle it now. She halted right in front of Bambi, and her hind legs lifted off the ground. Not enough to make her roll over, but still. Her front legs skidded forwards a little.
Bambi just stared at her, still in shock. She relaxed a bit, but she was still tense, Lily could see that. "Uh, hey, Bambi, long time no see! How are you doing?" she said, hoping that her childhood friend would recognise her. She didn't.
"...don't you recognise me? It's Lily! Your dragon pal!" she continued, hoping that she'd remember who she was. She needed help, and her old friend Bambi was probably the best person who could provide that. After all, Bambi knew the countryside extremely well. She knew what lay behind every hill, how to find and access every little cave, and how to get down the cliffs safely. She knew her way through all of the nearby woods, and the fastest paths to all neighbouring villages, she definitely knew her way around. Okay, her image of Bambi may have been a bit exaggerated, but she knew that if someone could help her find her stolen stash of priceless golden leaves, it was her.

Bambi stared at the strange kalon standing in front of her. The name Lily reminded her of something, but she wasn't sure exactly what it had to do with this kalon. Leaves... Yes, it was something about leaves, golden leaves, lots of them. Hmmm... "Do you like... Wait, no, do you collect golden leaves?" she asked.
Lily nodded. "Yes, yes, I do! Bambi, that's why I need your help!"
"I'd love to help... Lily... but I don't think I know much about... golden leaves." she answered.
"Actually, I need your help finding them... They disappeared a few days ago, I think that they were stolen." explained Lily
"Oh... So, you think that they're hidden somewhere? If they were stolen by another hoarder, or even if the thief intends to sell them, they must be hidden in a cave, or maybe buried somewhere." said Bambi, who was starting to remember the time that she'd spent wandering the hills with Lily.
"Yes, so Bambi, will you help me find my stash of golden leaves? You know the countryside by heart, if someone can find it, it has to be you!" said Lily enthusiastically.

And with that they agreed to set off to find Lily's stolen stash of golden leaves. Bambi went back home and packed a few things, and was relieved to meet Elijah over there. They met back in the fields and headed towards of the cliffs, where there were a lot of hidden caves.
They arrived in the evening.

Bambi shone her torch around, looking for the rock that marked the entrance to a whole circuit of caves. She soon found it, and whispered to Lily to follow her. They needed to be more careful now. After all, who knows who could have stolen Lily's stash? Sure, both she and the dragon were quite strong and could fight off an unarmed kalon on their own, but who said that it was necessarily a kalon? Maybe it was a bear. Yes, a bear, as improbable as that may sound. It was a possibility. You can never be too careful. So she tip-toed up to the rock and parted some of the tall grass that surrounded it, revealing a hole large enough for a kalon to squeeze through. "When we're in there, stay right behind me. Remember when we were kits? We almost got lost in there, and it was daytime. I haven't been in there for a while, but I still know my way around. Let's stay quiet. Got it?" she whispered.
"Yeah, let's go."

And with that, they entered the tunnel, hoping that when they found the stolen stash, if they did, the thief wouldn't be there. It was pretty quick, actually, all they had to do was get through a few caves. The stash was right there, all of it, just sitting in a cave, with nobody guarding it. They managed to drag it out, and decided to camp in a small isolated cave near the woods and bring it back the next morning. It was strange, really. It just went missing like that. It really helped Bambi break the routine, and as she dozed off, she wondered if the thief wasn't Elijah. He'd been around when she and Lily were exploring as kits. Maybe he thought that she needed to get back in contact with an old friend. It was just a thought, though.

[1000/1000]
ImageImageImage
she/her or they/them
bi ¦ BLM
Cinnamon Heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oreoskys » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:05 am

username: Oreoskys
name: Gianna Aya (goes by Aya= angel who knows magic)
story/art: (1 art piece or up to 1000 words)
It is a rainy night, your cold, away from home, and the only house around is an old mansion. +do you knock? [yes/no]+ You Knock, it takes a wile, but then a beautiful Kalon answers the door,
“What are you doing out in the cold? Please, come inside, it is going to start thundering..” +go inside?+ [no/yes] you go inside. It is absolutely stunning, it is like a dark ages mansion. You look at the Kalon, +what do you ask? [so, do you own this crib?/ Do you really live here?/ Are you the mistress here?] “me? No no, I am only a maid, master found me as a child and took care of me, he said I was special,” you see she has a little maid dress on, +what do you do? [ask about history of the place / ask why the mansion is in the middle of nowhere]

“Oh well, Master finds magical objects and keeps them hidden from the world, he studies them and keeps them out of peoples hands, recently. Someone, somehow broke in and stole a lot of them, the only few left, a weather monitor, I named him Leo. And Nikia and Nioki a um, well it’s hard to explain, they have a type of chimeraism, one head is a cat, the other is a dog, and.. well Leo is a monitor lizard, he knows the weather, and all three of them can talk.”
[wow./wow../Wow!] *you start to believe she is special too.*
[what is your name?/ so, who are you?]
“My name is Gianna Aya, and you?”
[tell her your real name/ make up a name] the smile seems to disappear from her face, “please, come with me you need sleep, I can tell.”
She leads you to a beautiful blue room, with lace curtains porcelain wares. Gianna slams the door behind you. And locks you in.

( Gianna’s point of view)
There is a hard knock at the door, you quickly open it, it is master +what do you do? [hug/bow] “Sir! Have you found the items?”
“Yes, I have Aya.I saw footprints, is someone else here? “
+you.. [lie/ tell the truth] “no sir. I don’t believe so..” you wonder why you lied, you aren’t sure, it felt right, though. You [ask to be excused/ bow and leave] you go up to the blue room, in there is a Kalon, the same one whom you let in.
[we need to go/ Please believe me, we must run. I know you have lied to me, because I know who you are...” you leave silently though the window. “Hurry, brother, you cannot let him find you, let’s take Leo, Nikia and Nioki, and Let us find our parents...”
huge wip aAaa
Oreoskys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meridiem » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:25 pm

username: Meridiem
name: Koi
------------------------------------------
Meridiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Finchly » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:23 pm

username: ~Finchly
name: Jinx
story/art: (1 art piece or up to 1000 words) wip
Hi I'm Finch! she/her
Feel free to pm me!
Take care of yourselves<3

My Kalons
~Finchly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:11 pm

This is a reminder that this contest has 21 hours left. I do not (as it stands) plan to give an extension so please plan accordingly if you wish to enter!

doll and icon by kivr
Kyo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beeb » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:19 am

username:
    name:
    i have a solid 15 hours to get this done ooooo boy
"have i told you that you look like
a flower in full bloom?"

sup kiddies im beeb, ur local dad joke
generator.

beeb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whim » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:30 am

deleted entry.
original is here.

ruined my day, thanks, so glad I spent 8+ hours on this not even to get recognized! (:
Last edited by whim on Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
whim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me