Re: Anniversary (Open)

Postby Discter » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:35 pm

Username: Discter
Name: Braok
How is Kalons Adopts special to you: To me, Kalons is a special species because of how it can connect people, and can be a cs users first introduction to adoptable species. I personally love it for the aspect of developing characters and worlds, as well as bettering myself through the contests. But I've met a lot of nice, wonderful people through the species, so that's another reason why it is special to me.
Give a shout out to a fellow community or staff member for the species: Graceymc96, .paris., High Noon, Sixbane, and Emi are the first who come to mind.
i sold the devil my soul but he didn't know i never had one to begin with
Discter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby recherché. » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:09 am

res
- recherché.
x

leah - college student - adult
ven nilla bats racc star
"like the ocean finds the shore,

xxxxxi'll always find you"
recherché.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LivingLethal » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:58 am

Username: LivingLethal
Name: Ramsay
How is Kalons Adopts special to you: this past year has put me through the wringer, but kalons have been a really great outlet to get away from all of that. i’m grateful to have this community (even though i never interact oof).
Give a shout out to a fellow community or staff member for the species:

i certainly haven’t interacted with the community as much as i’d like to, but cosmosfox has definitely been one of the kindest people i’ve spoken to. i did a breeding with her, my second ever breeding, and she not only got our ticket accepted within minutes, but she also let me have first pick and grew the kit for me. i’m still so grateful for her generosity.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meduz » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:59 am

Username: jellyfish.lucy
Name: Wenlock
How is Kalons Adopts special to you: Kalons give me a reason to keep writing and being creative. I rediscovered CS and discovered the whole community late last year. I've been hooked ever since. I was a big fan of JBDs and kias back in 2013 when I last played and I feel like those are no longer communities I want to participate in (nothing but love for either of the species/artists and owners but it just feels hard to get into as a non owner) however the kalon community is so brilliant and friendly and welcoming of new members it's great to have a place to feel at home.
I would like to thank Sleep for giving me my first and only kal, Chanel. I don't seem to have worked out how to win adopts yet but I'm going to keep trying.
I would also like to thank Mercury for growing Chanel and being super patient about making changes and helping get her approved.
Last edited by Meduz on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
x
x
x

xxxxxx
Hello!

𝙻𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜:
𝙼𝚢 𝙺𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚜
Blue Rose auction

xxxxxx
Meduz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:44 am

Username: Unleashed Squid
Name: Lyire
How is Kalons Adopts special to you: Kalons are honestly what sparks my creativity. All of the competitions and prompts continuously boost my writing skills and I really enjoy making art and developing my lovely kiddos.

I am almost never motivated to write and am constantly stuck in writers block but often times seeing gorgeous designs paired with unique prompts changes that and gives me a purpose to refine my technique. It’s great honestly. I believe my own one-year-kalon-anniversary is coming up soon so that’s interesting as well. It’s crazy to think how far I’ve been in that time.

@ Aey Okay you are such a wonderful person and I honestly admire your incredible art and patience. I truly adore every kalon you touch/work on, and just—overall you were amazing to work with and I really hope to see you around some more. c:

Lastly, Sandstorm814 and chunkypeanutbutter: I basically NEVER receive sugar so I just wanted to let you know that when I typed in my name to find my mark and noticed sugar that it made my entire day! c:
@ chunkypeanutbutter I see you around the community a lot as well and you honestly always seem really wonderful and fun. I enjoy your typing style and reading your posts and creative comp. forms.
@ Sandstorm814 Whoo it’s been a journey. Sorry it had to be like this, gahh. I really do admire your patience and temperament. I also must compliment your creativity as I’ve seen some incredible ideas in some of your forms. ^^
Last edited by Unleashed Squiid on Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Squid || She/Her || ENFP || Kals
Image hello I am tiny and you can’t read me! :) Imagehello I am font and you can’t read me! :) Image
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birdy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:24 am

Username: The Pirate
Name: Lore
How is Kalons Adopts special to you:
Kalons are special to me because the community has been very warm and welcoming. I have learned so much from being a part of this community, and it's given me the opportunity to make friends, improve my art, and explore the incredible world of Kalons! Not only is the community filled with talented and kind people, but I see the staff working hard to continue to improve the species and make it a wonderful experience for everyone- this is something that I truly appreciate, and I admire them for it. I also have an endless admiration for the members who continue to expand on their Kalons' characters and lives, adding pieces of art and stories that help to bring them to life. It's incredible how much time and dedication go into it, which is something that I am constantly working on for myself.
Sixbane; I can't help but to put this incredible person on the list- given everything that is going on in their life, it's truly amazing how much they contribute to the species and community. Between free growths and seemingly endless amounts of nursery batches, I know that I'm not the only one who looks up to Six's dedication. It's amazing to see how much effort and care they put into their work, and it's heartwarming to see them around the fanclub and other threads. To Six: you are an amazing human being with a big heart, and the entire community thanks you for all that you do! Please remember to take care of yourself <3
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Casperphobia » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:15 am

MARk
Casperphobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby veridian » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:44 am

marking!
veridian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lillybear » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:45 am

Username: Lillybear

Name: Cullen

How is Kalons Adopts special to you:

I quickly became obsessed with Chicken Smoothie when I first joined back in December of 2013, a little over four years ago. I had a lot of free time, and I really enjoyed participating in everything this website had to offer. It wasn't until summer of 2015 that I finally decided to try out the Oekaki. I didn't understand how anything worked at the time, but I loved it nevertheless. I'd always enjoyed drawing, but I'd never really gotten into digital art until then. I was immediately hooked. I especially loved the "Adoptable Oekaki" form. That's where my love for creating and adopting digital characters stemmed. I attempted to created my own, but they didn't get very far (which was understandable, considering since I was inexperienced at digital art and running a species).

But then Kalons came along.

I remember marking on the top of the sixth page of the first thread, and trying out for the very first Kalon created. I probably hadn't thought much of it then, but it's crazy now to see how much the species has grown. I never expected them to get this big, and even less for me to be a part of it. I remember back when the user Aaron (now the user father) had taken over ownership of the species, and when trial moderator positions had opened up. Having previously worked as staff for smaller on and off-Oekaki species, I decided to try out.

Aaron was absolutely wonderful to work with, and to my delight, on May 8th, 2016, I was accepted as a moderator, and have been one for Kalons ever since.

The next month, I won my first HM trying out for Kalon 100. Only a couple of days later, I won my very first Kalon (which just so happened to be the RU to the beloved user tigressa's first ever Kalon design!) whom I still love very much to this day. The good memories only continued from there. New owners, new events, new lines...

It's been a blessing to work with such an awesome, hardworking staff. Everyone here is extremely dedicated and talented and deserve all the respect in the world. It's incredible how much work and effort they pour into everything! With a humongous community that continues to grow every day, they undergo so much pressure and it's amazing how they manage to push out countless adopts and nursery batches and events and everything they do for this species.

I've learned so much from working with these incredible people, and I think I've really gained a lot of experience in regards to running a species and digital artwork. I've improved so much from when I first joined this website and this community. I don't think I would be where I am today if I hadn't joined Kalons, as cheesy as it sounds! I continue to practice digital artwork everyday, and I would never have improved so much without being inspired by Kalon Adopts.

Even if Kalons eventually die down, even when I get older, I'll always remember the species that sparked my love for digital artwork and characters.

//cracking my knuckles, let's do this
    For all my fellow staff!

Wicced!Witch and Karmel ─ you two honestly don't receive half of the credit or respect you deserve. This species wouldn't have gotten this far without the both of you! Y'all always remain professional, respectful, and helpful no matter what happens and that's something to really admire. You both have made me feel welcomed, and constantly make my experience as staff positive and enjoyable. It's always so lovely to talk to y'all, and I really appreciate and respect both of you so much! So thank you, for everything you've done for me, the rest of the staff, this community, and this incredible species. You've really made it something special!

All of the Kalon Artists ─ oh man, y'all are so incredibly talented. SO INCREDIBLY TALENTED! I wish I had all of your creativity and passion! Everyone's so unique in their talent and style, and you all bring something new to the table.

Ⓔ ⓜ ⓘ ─ You're such a talented addition to the team! Your style is honestly so unique and different from everyone else's, which is amazing. It's obvious how much effort and detail you put into every Kalon! And they're all so soft? I just want to cuddle all of your designs, lol! I don't know how you do it. Keep up the great work!

CaptiveLegacy ─ I aspire to have a style as clean and recognizable as yours! Whenever I see one of your designs, I automatically know that it's your amazing handiwork. I genuinely really like that subtle line detail you add to your designs? It really adds a lot in my opinion, and makes them stand out! I definitely need to get my hands on one of your designs someday. I can't wait to see more from you, I know it'll be awesome!

caringbears ─ I love, love, love your artwork! You have the sweetest, cutest style. And the way you draw eyes? You have to teach me how! I can't look at one of your designs and be sad. Everything about them is amazing! They're all just so adorable and bubbly and full of character? I'm in love with every Kalon you create!

cicamicu ─ I was really sad to hear you'd left, and I doubt you'll see this but I still wanted to include you because you were an incredibly talented artist and amazing addition to staff. I know we'd never really talked, but your designs─oh boy. Where do I even begin? They're so beautiful! Like, beyond gorgeous. You've created some of my favorite Kalons, by far. <3

cosmosfox ─ I love your style? It's so organized and perfect! All of your line-edits are so clean and precise. It's very pleasing to the eye! And your growths and nursery batches? They're too good! I honestly have so much respect for all y'all artists. You need to stop being so talented!

DecafBunny ─ Your designs are so cheerful and colorful! They're so soft and smooth, too? #869 definitely has to be one of my favorites of all time, I adore them! And your Tanzanite design is gorgeous, holy cow? You always surprise me with your wonderful designs! I can't wait to see what's next!

elf_of_the_hollow ─ Whoops, I'm stealing all of your designs, sorry! Your talent is mine now. Haha, but seriously, I love your Kalons so much! And your line-edits? Wow! I can't tell you how much I love your artwork. It's amazing! It's such a pleasure to have you as apart of the team. I'm always excited to see your new designs!

eonian ─ I'm absolutely jealous of your style. Like, what? How can one person be so talented? All of your designs are so detailed, you put so much passion into each Kalon! And your artwork in general is? Charming? The way you draw people? Ahh! You need to teach me your secrets. ; )

father ─ Hey man! I miss talking with you! It's been quite a while, huh? You've really been there for me when I first started out in Kalons, and when I first became a moderator, and I really appreciate that! And don't even get me started on your style! I love everything about it, I couldn't find something wrong with it if I started at your artwork for hours (and believe me, I have!) I could literally talk about your talent for days. I don't think the character limit on these form posts is long enough, though! ;p

Goofs ─ What's up Goofs! You probably don't know this, but you created the very first nursery batch my Kalons were apart of, and that family is still growing to this day! Your nursery batches are the best? You've been around here longer than I have, and you've created some of my favorite "classic" Kalons. #10, #116, and #667 are the best! They may be rather simplistic, but that's what makes them so appealing? Gah, they're so soft and cute, I love them!

high noon ─ I have so much respect for you, Red. You're such a trooper. You're always there for the staff when they need it! You've contributed so much to this species. And your designs? Are simply fantastic? And your nursery batches? You're extremely, incredibly talented! I love everything you've created. (Also, I want to steal all of your Kalons, gimme). <3

irina ─ Your style is super cool! One of my favorite Kalons you've designed is #1352, I love their colors so much, as well as their hair and that touch of pink in their shine and eyes! All of your growths and transfers turn out lovely, I can tell you really put a lot of work into them! Keep up the awesome job!

julibee ─ Your artwork is the best! I'm totally envious of your ability to draw people so well. (It's amazing how well you can humanize Kalons, as well!) Like, how? You have incredible talent! I love your style so much. I ordered an animated pixel of my Kalon Caspian a while back, and it's my favorite!

Kenn ─ Ah, Kenn, all of your Kalon designs blow me away! I especially love your sheep Kalon from the Lunar New Year Event? They're honestly the cutest little thing, I love how you added lanterns as an aspect to their design! You're so creative, and honestly such a good artist! You draw cats and dogs so well, too? <3

kirill ─ Yesss, kirill! I love how soft and pretty all of your designs are! That thin line-edit style really pulls it all together? They're so aesthetic! I just get this cool vibe from your style. I also love how you draw hair so much! And your artwork in general is just wow. I love it so much!

☁Lady Raincloud☁ ─ You've made so many great designs! I love how fun your style is, and how much your designs really pop! They're so bubbly and bright, I love them! Your most recent adopt as of now, the sushi cat Kalon, is super adorable! They just look so happy!

littlelies ─ Holy cow, your artwork is perfect! I love the way you draw the hair and expressions on Kalons. And your most recent Oekaki drawing? Man, you are extremely talented! You put so much effort and detail into everything you do, it's fantastic. I wish I was as good as you are!

magpie! ─ Owlie! We've talked some times in the past, you've always been so lovely and kind! Your Kalon Ping is my favorite (as you know I'm weak for panda Kalons!), we should definitely talk about Ming and Ping sometime again in the future! Your style is the most charming as well, I love it! It's adorable. <3

Medd ─ Everything you've done for this species is admirable, Medd! Your style is incredible, and your nursery batches have completely won me over. I'm in love with all of the legendary batches you've made, I don't know how you do it. And all of those hidden Kalons you'd created for the Lunar New Year event? They're awesome! I love the fawn design the most. <3

naumachy ─ I don't even know how to start, because there haven't been words created yet to describe how freaking beautiful your style and designs are. Everything you've created deserved to be featured and praised. And the legendaries you've created? My heart can't handle it all, it's, simply put, magnificent.

Nodell ─ You've created and contributed to so many lovely species, and it's a gift to have you as apart of the staff! Unrelated to Kalons, but you created my free RPW custom and I'll always be grateful for that! You have such a talent for creating wonderful characters, and I love to see all of the new Kalons you put out. <3

Okahui ─ Your chibis are everything. The day I got mine, I put it in my signature and it hasn't moved since! It just makes me so happy when I look at it. I'll definitely have to order more when you open up again (and when I get more points rip)! And your most recent drawings you've uploaded to DeviantArt? I love that style so much! You're extremely talented, I'm jealous of your unique and artistic style. <3

Pallis ─ I think it's against the rules to be as talented as you are, your artwork is so good that I'm dead! Haha, but your designs and nursery batches are literally the best. I'll never be able to thank you enough for creating my personal batch for me, I've ordered growths for them and I'm unbelievably excited. Also, you own some of the prettiest Kalons in the world, I'm so in love with them all. Jehan is one of my absolute favorites!

riddlestyx ─ Your designs are so intricate and pretty, I love them so much! You also draw wings so well? I've fallen for all of your beautiful Kalons! And all those customs and nursery batches you've made? Why do you do this to my heart? Honestly, there aren't enough words to describe how stunning your style and designs are.

Schnuffel Bunny ─ You've always been willing to help me out with art in competitions, and I really appreciate everything you've done for me! I seriously can't thank you enough, you're amazing. The piece you did of my Kalon Daphne and her mate is one of my absolute favorites! I use it all the time. Your style is so recognizable and endearing! <3

Sixbane ─ Oh my goodness, Six! You are nothing short of a marvelous person and artist. Everything you do for this community is incredibly sweet and inspiring. I don't know how you take on so many nursery batches at once and make them all unique and beautiful! You're just the best, we all love and appreciate you so much!

Starbitee ─ Your designs are utterly gorgeous! You've made so many jaw dropping designs, such as one of my personal favorites from you, your 2017 staff Kalon. They're so soft and aesthetic? And Kalon #1085? I honestly love your color choices, they're amazing! Your artwork is killer. <3

Tealea ─ Your art is darling! It's the sweetest, I love it so much. I don't know how y'all can draw something so cute and so perfect and have it turn out so good! Your Peal design for this event? It's simply gorgeous! And your monthly Kalon bases? What a lovely idea, so far they've all been adorable!

tigressa ─ You were the creator of my very first Kalon, and she's still my favorite Kalon I own to this day! She'll always hold a special place in my heart, and I feel super lucky that they were the RU to the first Kalon you'd ever made! You also created my first staff custom for me, and I'll always be grateful for you putting up with me then, haha. It's amazing to see how much your style has improved! It's definitely goals, I'm super envious of your talent. <3

♠Trollish♠ ─ Your art is the bomb! It gives off this cool cartoon-y, neon vibe that I love. One of my favorite Kalons you've created would probably have to be #1353! Although it's rather simplistic, I love the use of shapes and lines, and those colors go so well together? Your style is just so appealing, keep up the great work!

Tweet ─ Tweet! I haven't seen you around for awhile, I miss your designs! There's just something about them that I love, they just have this personality to them? We'd never really talked that much, but you seemed like a really cool person! I love looking at all of your drawings. They're amazing!

All of the Kalon Nursery Artists ─ y'all blow my mind at how many batches you bust out. I know it's so hard to work on such small lines and create entirely new and beautiful designs, especially when some parings are wack! But you pull through, and it's amazing how much work y'all get done.

CSMintCat ─ You seem like such a down to earth, dedicated staff member and I can really appreciate that! Your nursery batches are so cute and smooth, too? And your artwork, ah! Your style is wonderful. I love looking at your art, it's amazing! The way you draw people and cats? I'm jealous, man! <3

Obliivous ─ Your nursery batches are the best! You just took on a ticket for me, and I'm beyond excited. I know they're going to be amazing! You're going to do the best job with our orange and red kits. And your style? It's perfect! I love looking through all of your drawings in the sketches and experiments form. They're so good!

saturnus ─ Your gift for designing Kalons is beyond compare! Your style is so unique and beautiful and adorable all in one. Every single Kalon you've created I want, I need, and I must have. I can't wait until I can call one of your designs my own! They're just too good for this world. And your Opal Kalon? I'm at a loss for words. I'd die for them. <3

sinning dog ─ Your nursery batches are a delight! Your line-edit style is perfect for the kit lines, all of your kiddos turn out amazing. They're adorable! Your most recent batch has to be one of my favorites, I especially love the bottom two. You always do such a great job with their shines! I need some of your soft designs in my life. <3

SticksAndStones ─ I love your nursery batches so much! Everything about your style, honestly, is fantastic. I need to get a batch from you someday! You do such a great job blending the parents together and your style looks so great on the kit lines. I'm in love! And those fish kiddos you've made? Gah, my heart!

Kyar ─ Kyar, Kyar, Kyar. The sweetest, most generous, caring, and patient member of the staff. You're so mature and calm, and you're just a wonderful person and we're all so lucky to get to know you and work with you! And your nursery batches though? You're just the full package! We all love you so much and are blessed to work with you. <3

Kyo ─ Y'know, it's really not nice to have that much talent and not share any of it. It's not fair for one person to be so amazing! Haha, but no really, can you please pass on some of your skill to me? Or at least let me steal all of the kits you've created? That'd be great, thanks! ;p

watchdog. ─ Where do I even begin? Dog, you know how much I love you! Everything you do is astounding! Your artwork and style is breathtaking! I wish I had as much talent as you, and I wish I had that attention to detail! I'm so excited for my growths, you have no idea. I know they'll be nothing less of amazing!

All of the Kalon Moderators ─ y'all seriously rock. I definitely feel like, as moderators, we don't get enough recognition, but y'all should know how amazing you are! Just because we may work more behind the scenes doesn't mean we don't kick ass. It's such a pleasure to work with all of you!

Echos. ─ You're so swift, gentle, and professional! You have all the traits a good moderator should have, and I really admire that. You've been apart of the staff since October of 2016, I remember, and it's been so lovely to work with you! You're always one step ahead. Keep being awesome!

eunkyung. ─ Oh gosh, eun! When you first joined the team, I was honestly intimidated because you're so fast! :p I couldn't compete with you, lol! But honestly, you do your job so well. You're always on top of things, and you always seem to know what to do. Also, you're hilarious, and I love talking with you!

néktar ─ It's been so nice to do head-cannoning with you, you just seem like an overall good person! You put so much love and care into developing your characters, which is awesome! I'm in love with all of your Kalons, to be honest. We should definitely talk more, it's delightful to have you as a fellow moderator!

Takura. ─ You're such a creative and valuable member to the team, even if you don't realize it! Your designs are so good, and you keep improving every day! I hope you never give up, because you're such a great person and I love working with you. You put so much time and effort into being a moderator, and I really respect that!

tuna fish, our amazing archivist ─ Ah, Jish! Last, but certainly not least! <3 You work so hard as our archivist, and have way more dedication and patience then I'll ever have! We all owe you a big thank you for taking up the tedious task of tackling the archives. And for managing the Kalon Discord server! You truly are amazing!

//If I missed somebody,, please kick me I'm so sorry

I really wanted to spread the love to all of the staff, because y'all work so hard for this community and deserve all the respect in the world. Keep up the great work, everyone! (I've also realized I've said the words "honestly" and "I'm in love" a lot, but it's true!)

I also have to include one of my great friends in the community. <3

G1 Sunstreaker ─ how could I not include you while giving shoutouts to the awesome members of this community? Although I've been apart of Kalon Adopts since the beginning, I feel like I've never been very social in the community, and I haven't gotten the chance to really talk to or connect with other members of this species. But then I met you! Even if we don't know each other in real life, even if we go weeks or months without talking, you don't know how much I appreciate you. You're such a genuine person, and it's so lovely to chat with you. I still remember when we first started talking, and that's all thanks to Daphne and Dagfinn! They really hold a special place in my heart. #Daphfinn forever!
Last edited by Lillybear on Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:51 am, edited 64 times in total.
lilly she/her
mostly gone from cs, but feel free to message me on discord about anything! :)
lillybear#3311
kalonsmy kalons
Lillybear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:09 am

Username: Takk
Name: Juno
How is Kalons Adopts special to you: It's not often I fit in anywhere, I've always been the weird, antisocial yet childish person who is just different. Granted, that still holds true I've managed to join some social groups; recently actually and I at least feel like I can talk to people or listen. Creating fantasy characters and building them with other people is really fun and distracts me from my busy life when I need it.
neondisaster: I feel like we don't talk much anymore, but I'm really happy you introduced me to discord and were really patient helping me figure out our kals relationship stuff! It was also really nice to have someone to chat with once in a while ^^
Kimizuki: I love Rping with you! I love talking too, but you're a pretty cool person. I really hope things get better for you and we can RP again together someday, cos Ixion and Jinx are too cute together
high noon: OOooh boy, I consider you an easy person to talk to and ask for approvals (im a butt, I know) but you never get angry or tell me no. I enjoy your streams a lot and even if I don't know you, I'd like to! Until then, enjoy coffee and snacks cx
Last edited by Takk on Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me