Re: Kiamara #398 - Adopt Me!

Postby MintCat » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:19 am

Image Image

username;;

Heyoo! I'm MintCat! You probably haven't heard of me before, as I rarely post, but I currently own one Kiamara, my lovely Castiel. I don't usually enter contests as large as this one (due to lack of motivation and time, eheh) but this Kia is so pretty, I'm not going to hold back!

name;;
Fuyu no Hanabi, which means winter fireworks. He doesn't mind nicknames, however, so calling him by just Fuyu or Hanabi is fine. This name is actually the name of one of my favorite songs, as well as the fact that I think it relates to his favorite thing about winter (as listed below.)

gender;;
In truth, I think this Kiamara looks like neither a male nor a female; just kind of in between. Thus, I've decided that this Kia would look androgynous. He is still a male, though, despite how some people think he is a female at first glance....

favorite thing about winter;;
Hanabi's most favorite thing about winter is window frost. It may not seem like much from afar, but he loves to look at them up close and study the tiny little details. One of his favorite pastimes is sitting under his kotatsu, looking out the window and trying to figure out what each part looks like, from tree branches and leaves to flowers to fireworks (winkwink).

likes;;
Sitting under his kotatsu.
Reading.
When it's cold out and his breath makes a cloud.
The smell of winter and the cold.
Light, loose clothing.
Apple rabbits.
Clear skies.
personality;;
dislikes;;
Cold/hot weather. (He gets sick easily because of this!)
Being weak/ill.
Staying inside.
His parents being overprotective.
Making decisions.
Large crowds.
Messes/dirt.

Hanabi, upon first glance, is generally cool and collected. He rarely reacts negatively to anything, hiding his emotions well and generally taking everything in stride. However, it's hard keeping all his emotions in check, and sometimes hides away in his home and just lets all of the pent up anger and sadness out (often leading to him getting sick from throwing his little hissy fit.) Despite all this, he still manages to be kind and is often willing to help others, trying to overcome his social awkwardness. He's also extremely indecisive, refusing to make any decisions unless unless he is absolutely 110% certain. His most commonly used phrase is "please don't ask me these sort of difficult questions", quickly followed by him apologizing and making his escape. The only thing that makes Hanabi upset without a fail is how so many people think he's a girl; referring to him as a female would earn you a glare and him being upset for the rest of the day.

backstory;;
Hanabi's childhood was something quite like a fairy tale. From his birth on a snowy winter day, he was deemed the perfect child by his parents, and consequently sheltered from the outside world. With their high status and wealth, Hanabi's parents were easily able to take care of his education and all his other needs, providing him with anything and everything that he had wanted. However, after some time, he fell deathly ill and stayed in bed with the best doctors fussing over him for weeks. The doctors told Hanabi's parents that their child was very weak, and had a very likely possibility of getting sick again. After that incident, his parents grew increasingly overprotective, even to the point that they forbid their son from leaving the house.
At first, he didn't mind, but as he grew older, Hanabi began to resent his weakness and hated how even the smallest things could make him fall ill. However, he still had to maintain his status "perfect child" to his parents, and thus began a terrible cycle; he would continue to try his hardest to please his parents, staying true to their wishes, until he got fed up with being an angel all the time, the stress and worry leading to him falling ill. That, of course, would lead to his parents becoming even more protective, and limit his freedom even more.

looks;;
Fuyu no Hanabi is thin and pale, and is slightly smaller than a normal Kiamara. His delicate features make him seem doll-like, almost fragile, as well as his timidness. His hair is longer the the front than in the back, and the way it's parted makes one side of the fringe longer than the other.
Hanabi's closet, as an anthro, is mostly filled with light-coloured, loose-fitting clothes. Other than the usually kimonos and yukatas he wears, he also has a fondness for Chinese-style clothing. Due to the fact that he rarely goes outside due to his sickness, he sometimes doesn't wear pants, preferring to wear longer shirts and staying under the covers or under his kotatsu. He absolutely despises jeans, hating the rather rough fabric and the weight of it.

story;;
Credit to my friend, Kersheck on DeviantART! cc:
His hands brushed against the window, fingers tracing the outline of the winter frost outside. The glass was cold to the touch, the winter chill entering into his fingertips and radiating throughout his whole body. He exhaled softly, eyes widening as the bloom of water vapour slowly faded into the rough, hospital air around him. He shifted slightly on his bed, tilting his head to look outside the window.
The snow fell slowly, almost as if they were in slow motion. Hanabi’s crystal blue eyes tried to follow snowflakes individually, before blinking and taking in the whole scene. The entire landscape outside the hospital was paved in a perfect, clean sheet of brilliant white snow. A single pine tree stood strong, its branches weighed down by the snow. The glint of sunlight on the glass was enough to illuminate the whole room. Hanabi felt at peace. He shifted his head until his eyes were resting on the smooth, white ceiling of the hospital. Snow.
“Is he going to be alright?”
Hanabi’s ears perked up at the sound of his mother’s voice. He heard footsteps coming towards his room. He pulled up the covers, closed his eyes, and was motionless when his parents stopped outside of his room.
“Oh, my little baby… Please tell me he is going to be alright!”
“Ma’am, I’m sorry.” A strained male voice. Probably a doctor. Hanabi felt a strange tugging sensation in his chest.
“W-what do you mean?”
“He has more than just the flu, ma’am.” The tugging sensation had risen up to his throat; any voice he made would’ve come out as a choked gasp. His mother’s voice was barely a squeak.
“What…does he have?” Hanabi could feel tears welling up in his eyes. The colour flushed from his cheeks.
“We…we’re not sure, ma’am, but it's pretty serious. We don’t know how long he has, it could be anywhere from years to up to 2 months. I’m sorry.” Hanabi’s eyes cracked open. His starry blue eyes were glazed with tears, blurring his vision. He slowly sat up on his bed, the tugging sensation right in his mouth, and he had to do something. He had to. The glass was shattered. Hanabi’s knuckles were bleeding. His mother was crying. The doctor was staring. Hanabi watched as the snowflakes dangled and danced around him. He slumped back into his bed, and he saw the bits and pieces of winter frost still clinging on to the fragments of the broken window. He heard his mother’s ragged voice. “…why?”

art;;
X-By mocha.
x-By TakaNou
X-By S y k e s
x-By Spotty&Smores
X-By leolani ★
x-By Midna
Side art by me, original photo by Christian Gendron
Last edited by MintCat on Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:32 am, edited 15 times in total.
Looking for someone to help me
start up/run a Warriors comic. ovo
Please PM me if you're
interested/have plot ideas!
MintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oMallieKat » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:28 am

nevermind, i dont have the time
Last edited by oMallieKat on Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profile art by dragons whisper
oMallieKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GIGABITE » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:45 am

~Name~
Icelyn
~Gender~
Female
~Favorite thing about winter~
Icelyn loves the snow! Whenever it snows, she will sit at the window for hours, waiting for there to be enough snow for her to play in. She loves to build snowmen, snowcats, snowkias, everything! She is surprisingly talented at snow sculptures and loves making them. Icelyn also enjoys snowball fights, with the no-headshots rule, of course.
Icelyn is fascinated by the intricate patterns of the snowflakes, and will study one until it melts, then she catches another!
After a day in the snow, Icelyn loves to curl up in front of the fire with some homemade peppermint hot chocolate and sketch the beautiful snowflake designs she observed that day~
~Likes~
Snow - as mentioned, Icelyn loves the snow. It's cold, her favorite temperature, it's pretty, and it's everywhere in the winter! Falling, drifting, making the holidays even more festive!
Winter - snow, snow, snow! Winter is the time of snow and Christmas, of warm nights by the fire gazing at the stars. Winter has long nights for peaceful sleep and the dawn is soft and low on the horizon in the morning~
Candy Canes - delicious, colorful, and tasting like Christmas, candy canes are an absolute favorite for Icelyn. She loves them in her hot chocolate
Gifting others - nothing quite says "joy" to Icelyn than seeing the cheerful, excited faces of others as they receive the gift she lovingly prepared special. She loves the rush and beauty of generosity
Peace - Icelyn not only loves peace, she fights for it! Erm, more like struggles for it. Either way, peace is part of magic, and Icelyn would do nearly anything to spark that magic
Love - Love is a funny thing to Icelyn. She can't define it, of course, but she appreciates the feeling all the same!
~Dislikes~
Thunderstorms - Icelyn is terrified of thunderstorms. Something in the way they whip about and crash and boom screams of disruption and darkness to Icey
Rain - if it's raining, it's too warm to be snowing. Water is pretty and all, but it's all just water to her. No tiny, intricate, unique patterns. Not even a difference in shape other than obvious size
Cities - when it's winter in a city, the snow is mucky, trampled, or all on the tops of buildings. There's no place to frolic about in the dancing flakes or have any fun at all!
Violence - nothing speaks hate and negativity quite like war does. Icey hates it. Why on earth would creatures that could work together and share their ideas try to kill each other over a small, simple difference?
~Favorite Songs~
Vienna Teng-Stray Italian Greyhound
Vienna Teng - The Last Snowfall
David Choi - By My Side
He is We - All About us

Last edited by GIGABITE on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bisexual - Non-Binary - Any pronouns
Characters - DeviantArt

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
GIGABITE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frostt. » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:53 am

Oh reserve <3 I think this is my dream Kia
frostt.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger111 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:54 am

sobs
reserved

sometimes i remember this website exists!!! heck yeah

if u need me for some reason u can find me other places ..
i check my dA every half a year or so if ur lucky
Tiger111

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blackhusky » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:00 am

name;;
gender;;
Res so bad D:
Blackhusky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:04 am

ohhh my gosshhh reserve ;v; !
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corgie » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:07 am

name;; calista
gender;; female
favorite thing about winter;; calista's favorite thing about winter is looking at the snowflakes when she can, she loves how intricate their designs are yet they're so tiny. often times she spends hours just sitting in the snow gazing at the falling snowflakes or catching them on her tongue.
Pet's name: ♥ ♥ Aion ♥ ♥
quinn/m? - finn/m? -- cinder/f -- peaches/f
corgie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeachFuzz » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:14 am

name;; Icicle Shiver
gender;; female
favorite thing about winter;; Eating ice x3 She loves pulling down icicles from trees and roofs of houses and sucking on them! She loves the feeling of coldness in her mouth <3

art;;
wip
Image Image Image
PeachFuzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QUITTING.PLZTAKEPETS » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:14 am

name;;
gender;;
QUITTING. Life has just gotten really stressful with school and all that so Im quitting. Ill be on for a week from now 2/18 and you may ask for some pets. The only reason I decline will be because Im gifting all my rares and good pets to my cousin, sorry guys and Ill always remember my time on CS
QUITTING.PLZTAKEPETS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me