Re: Astronomy 101: Community (Day 1)

Postby Exitium » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:24 am

My Constellation(s)!

User+ID: Exitium + 626371
Chicoon:
Angry Kelp
Art/Writing: Angry Kelp is quite fond of Cygnus, the swan. Elegant yet aggressive and passionate, while also being the "protector" or "mother". Angry Kelp resonates with Cygnus the most out of all the constellations. It appears during its favorite seasons as well, summer and autumn. Spotting Cygnus is one of his hobbies, and he frequently gushes about the Constellation to anyone who will listen to her boisterous voice.
................exitium
.....discord: @mortemius

................Image

.............ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Exitium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HeyoCoyoteHere » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:31 am

My Constellation(s)!

User+ID: HeyoCoyoteHere - 964822
Chicoon: Sauropod
Art/Writing:
Sauropod wrote:

Well, shoot, stars and space ain't nothin' but a big ol' heap of unknown, an scary nothiness. Out here in the hills, i like to stick to what i know - good company, food, and the comfort of my den. Stars may twinkle, but they don't tell us much 'bout what's really goin' on up there, and thats too scary for me.
Yote| She/Her| Prehistoric -
DM's are always welcome
TH
Commissions: OPEN |
Art Trades: Ask |
Requests: Closed

HeyoCoyoteHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadedk9 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:41 am

My Constellation(s)!

User+ID: shadedk9 652370
Chicoon: honeydew
Art/Writing: Image

LOL

Get sillay get crazy!

Chicoon staff member!
shadedk9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweathie » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:42 am

My Constellation(s)!

User+ID: sweathie 703858
Chicoon: https://toyhou.se/13565001.sweaty
Art/Writing:

xlxImagexxxxxImagexxxxxImage
sweathie / michael
⍢ sweathie on everything ⍢
he/him | college student
my only discord is sweathie
xxxxxxx
xchicoons || commissionsxxxxxxImage Image
sweathie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Day 1 Results

Postby cinerious » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:00 pm

Day [1] Astronomy 101: Community Results

@yokaibytes 518991 Recieves x1 Bag of Snacks - Biolum watches as Druid signs the story to them, smiling when they say how more stars have joined through the years. "It's as if the tree is growing with you, adding more memories and moments. That's beautiful, thank you for sharing."
    @Clementine Cloud + 476020 Recieves x1 Relaxing Candle - Biolum glances back and forth between the constellation and Shrimp Heaven. After a few more looks backand forth they move on with a satisfied nod.
    @DreamyNocturne - 801290 Recieves x1 Telescope - "Mmm pizza... Well now I'm hungry."
    @Wulfums + 156003 Recieves x1 Book Bag - Biolum stares blankly at the now-still chicoon and companion duo moments after their.... presentation. Meteion bursts into laughter in the background while Biolum says "moving on..."
    @Eevee55 + 1033286 Recieves x1 Star Map Fragment: The Flame (Event MYO: 2x Uncommon & 5x Common & Candle Horns Event Trait) - "A great example of a community, or shared, constellation, thank you for sharing! That IS pretty sus tho..."
    @imabanditø 908562 Recieves x1 Pencil Box - "Incredible photograph!! Thank you for sharing, it's rare to see students with astrological photographs!"
    @cheetahss 1012721 Recieves x1 Book Bag - Biolum recognizes the constellation and proceeds to talk the still-coughing chicoons ear off.
    @•boo• + 761033 Recieves x1 Relaxing Candle - "Now that is a nice memory, I too have a few companions I keep in the stars, even if they aren't with me now!"
    @sparklysatyrcat + 1024275 Recieves x1 Relaxing Candle - "I love that your constellation includes a rather bright star for the eye, quite a striking icon!"
    @reshihall + 1029503 Recieves x1 Celatone - Biolum sat enraptured by Dennis' retelling, seeming to let out a breath they were holding when the bird took off again. They thank Dennis for sharing, voice shaking slightly and wiping a tear away.
    @rainbowpanda101 + 116794 Recieves x1 Telescope - "Very sweet and incredible, a good example of self-constellations! Thank you for sharing!"
    @Wyvern Queen Kym + 416790 Recieves x1 Fireball - "Tho I may not be seeing it right now, I will broaden my view of the stars and see if it presents itself!"
    @nio 144488 Recieves x1 Crayons - "A BUG!"
    @PowerYetUnknown 981877 Recieves x1 Star Map Fragment: The Paw (Unedited Event MYO with Candle Horns Event Trait) - Biolum humms and hawws, impressed with this revelation. "This would fully explain why chicoons connect constellations so heavily to memories and experiences, when we look up we connect the dots! Very neat!"
    @Galaxytale #646813 Recieves x1 Crayons - Biolum followed Jason to one of the many dry-erase star maps and watched as he traced the constellation, fascinated seeing the lines come together to form the visual of what he had been trying to explain. "Incredible that you were able to find it again like this!"
    @Amplify [426059] Recieves x1 Meteorite - "I can see it now in my minds eye, they're clustered together like they're in a jar!"
    @vintagespring 1083502 Recieves x1 Celatone - "Wherever you roam, you'll always have a piece of home in the stars."
    @seiku88 + 414623 Recieves x1 Star Map Fragment: The Paw (Unedited Event MYO with Candle Horns Event Trait) - "UFO, WHERE??" Biolum whips their head around, eyes flashing.
    @BananaSnake + 1079492 Recieves x1 Crayons - Biolum simply smiles and nods through Unicus' retelling of his memory, a wistful expression on their face.
    @jupiter Recieves x1 Star Map - "I find I enjoy cats myself, so this is a nice constellation to see :D"
    @Zigzagoon 97981 Recieves x1 Armillary Sphere - "It's stars all the way down.. Or, well, electrons. But also stars!"
    @FatalCollapse + 852442 Recieves x1 Eraser - Biolum repeats "Flower!" back to Goob, but is mimicking the skunk from Bambi.
    @IAmUniverse 1079183 Recieves x1 Relaxing Candle - "It's almost like a bat flew into the sky!"
    @RoxyTBDW 1020531 Recieves x1 Telescope - "A-ah yes, I have heard the same" Biolum tries to slip away again, throwing Meteion a desperate look, while star looked on in amusement.
    @rem sleep 224745 Recieves x1 Book Bag - "Easy to spot, and a comfort to see :D"
    @.henloimmabirb. + 778953 Recieves x1 Heavy Textbook - "Well look at that! It connects perfectly to the Flame constellation, how did I never see that before!"
    @Leek.dot + 990178 Recieves x1 Satellite - Biolum nods along with Mush's words, eventually being able to get in a "You should write that paper, I'd be happy to read it!"
    @DroogleDrawz 1046842 Recieves x1 Celatone - Smiling, Biolum asks "Did you ever see this chicoon again? I admit some of my constellations are from similar encounters with chicoons I have never met again, but something they said or did just stuck."
    @toy20243 662782 Recieves x1 Bag of Snacks - Biolum opens their mouth to comment on the flame, but Meteion cuts in excitedly "I LOVE YOUR BACKPACK WHERE DID YOU GET IT!" Biolum looks a bit annoyed..
    @case 108699 Recieves x1 Fireball - "I mean, if you don't tell I won't... Though maybe don't bring it to class anymore, however that is quite the accomplishment!!"
    @blizzard180//1026652 Recieves x1 Star Map Fragment: The Paw (Unedited Event MYO with Candle Horns Event Trait) - Biolum goes silent and stares at Cryptic with an unreadable expression, before intoning "I believe I saw that as well, but only once and it was when I was a hatchling. I was told that it is a roaming constellation, influenced by the god Egg, showing up when new life blossoms."
    @Hyde 1036778 Recieves x1 Meteorite - "Well Lola, at least that one will always come back to you. Ba Dum Ts." Meteion whacks Biolum's wing, but pulls a fact when the goo sticks to stars hand.
    @henry creel + 788126 Recieves x1 Celatone - "Beauty, or the chicoon in this case, is in the eye of the beholder. If it makes you feel any camaraderie, I do see it!"
    @dragonstars | 865902 Recieves x1 Pencil Box - Biolum grins in excitement, goop wings flapping as they grabbed a sketchbook from... inside their goop tail. "I also sketch different constellations!"
    @Fire.Siren + 1059677 Recieves x1 Celatone - Biolum stares at the constellation Lillie drew, "It's nice to see different constellations that have meaning to each of you, thank you for sharing Lillie!"
    @Ottercola [111526] Recieves x1 Crayons - "Constellations not only hold memories, they hold loved ones as well."
    @NYMPH! + 1086039 Recieves x1 Celatone - "Perhaps there was a bountiful harvest that year!"
    @hamkid + 299978 Recieves x1 Star Map - "When stars align beautiful things happen, both metaphorically and physically it seems!"
    @beema 1016286 Recieves x1 Telescope - "A shromp in the stars you say, how quaint!!"
    @CuppaTea #90240 Recieves x1 Fireball - "A very sweet memory, similar and yet different for each chicoon."
    @EatingTuna 1064483 Recieves x1 Telescope - "Cause and affect; I hope you said sorry!"
    @dragoness129 + 3218 Recieves x1 Eraser - "From beyond the stars you say? Maybe you'll ask Meteion about that when you see star during lab, star may know of this constellation better than I!"
    @woofer-moosh + 283946 Recieves x1 Star Map - "Ooo very interesting twist to the personification of blinking stars, more personal, I like that."
    @EyeOfVoid + 1078076 Recieves x1 Relaxing Candle - A silence hangs in the air as the final words of PatchWork's presentation echo. Biolum smiles, then claps, and soon everyone is joining in. "Very well told, thank you very much for sharing that legend with us, I admit I hadn't heard it before and I welcome this new constellation to my sky."
    @Cr0wz 971822 Recieves x1 Bag of Snacks - "That is very very sweet, not cheesy at all, thank you for sharing!"
    @Caeleesi 309551 Recieves x1 Pencil Box - Biolum nods in satisfaction, ""
    @SonOfStarGod 639144 Recieves x1 Telescope - "This takes me back to my childhood as well, a great example of a shared constellation!"
    @cinerious 242408 Recieves x1 Celatone - *squints and marks own paper with an F for no reason*
    @imperials 644509 Recieves x1 Eraser - "That sounds like a very nice memory, sometimes they don't have much tangible shape or meaning outside of what we put on it, and that is rather beautiful."
    @Exitium + 626371 Recieves x1 Crayons - "It's fun to follow the changing positions of stars and constellations, it's so fascinating!"
    @HeyoCoyoteHere - 964822 Recieves x1 Celatone - "Exactly, well said!"
    @shadedk9 652370 Recieves x1 Satellite - "I did laugh honestly."
    @sweathie 703858 Recieves x1 Eraser - "Hey that's pretty sus..."

These five also receive extra credit today! See me after class for your reward.
    Fire.Siren + 1059677
    .henloimmabirb. + 778953
    shadedk9 652370
    Leek.dot + 990178
    Clementine Cloud + 476020

Last edited by cinerious on Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
★ ☆ ★ fighting burnout <3 ★ ☆ ★
★ ☆ ★ cin/daphne | star/stars/starself ★ ☆ ★
★ ☆ ★ UMA Storages ★ ☆ ★

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
cinerious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Day 2

Postby cinerious » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:00 pm

Oh hello! My name is Meteion~

I'm an astronomy major and I'll be your TA this semester, if you have any questions or thoughts feel free to share them and I'll see if I can't answer.

Welcome to the night lab!

Tonight we will put our knowledge to practical use and observe the stars, look up and choose your weapon - I mean your tool - and observe!

Image Image Image
1. Large Telescope 2. Telephoto Lens 3. Disposable Camera

Code: Select all
[b][u]The Night Lab![/u][/b]

[b]User+ID:[/b]
[b]Observation Tool:[/b]
[b]What Do You See?:[/b] (Optional)

[size=50][i]Day 2[/i][/size]

★ ☆ ★ fighting burnout <3 ★ ☆ ★
★ ☆ ★ cin/daphne | star/stars/starself ★ ☆ ★
★ ☆ ★ UMA Storages ★ ☆ ★

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
cinerious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Astronomy 101: Community (Day 2)

Postby Fire.Siren » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:05 pm

The Night Lab!

User+ID: Fire.Siren + 1059677
Observation Tool: 1 Large telescope
What Do You See?: I see Orion! How pretty!!!! (Optional)

Day 2

"If you have ghost, you have everything"
Hiya! I'm Zephyr! I am dyslexic if I read something wrong I am so sorry!
I'm into Metal, Rock, Alt, and Grunge music so If you wanna talk about any of it I will!
I love Ghost, She Wants Revenge, and Halloween! Image
SAW GHOST ON AUGUST 8TH!!!
Fire.Siren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SonOfStarGod » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:09 pm

The Night Lab!

User+ID: SonOfStarGod 639144
Observation Tool: Telephoto Lens
What Do You See?: nothing,, looks like the lens cap is still on...

Day 2
ImageImageImage
StarGod | they/them | | Always looking for trades!
SonOfStarGod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Poppln » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:15 pm

The Night Lab!

User+ID: Poppln | 507560