Re: Kalon #1476 -- Ghost Flame

Postby gloomurai » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:35 am

username: angst™
kalon name: Theon
mask:
explanation [500 words max]:
Theon had always been frightened of the outside world. Theon didn't have any explanation for it, besides, "They stare too much." People would question him, gawk, quietly judge, you name it.

Instead of learning to cope with the outside world, Theon overlooked it. He created a mask to screen his eyes. "If I can't see you," Theon would mumble, "You can't see me."

He'd paint this mask with close precision, not wanting to look monstrous to others around him. If he was going to ignore the world, he wanted the world to ignore him. However, his attempt at being overlooked was a flop.

They'd whisper and gossip. They'd laugh and tease.
"Have you seen that bird-boy?"
"Flower face has been acting awfully quiet, I bet he can't even talk."
"How does he know where he's going? One day he'll cause an accident."

Theon ignored them. They pressured him in return. Everything was beginning to be too much. Theon enclosed himself in the comfort of his own home, praying that everything would go away. After an extend of time had flown by, an idea struck him. Theon gingerly untied the mask, and set it down.

He returned to the outside world, studying the people around him. Most of them didn't even give Theon a second glance. He was just one person among the crowd. Theon then realized he didn't need to hide himself behind a mask just to feel safe. The mask had only drawn attention to him. Theon finally felt at peace.
Last edited by gloomurai on Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

savannah any pronouns
gloomurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acadicus » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:36 am

username: saltypuffin
kalon name:
mask:
acadicus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[1476] never let that flame die

Postby Fernathy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:45 am

x
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Username: Fernathy
Kalon Name: Finchxxxxxxxxx

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxpixel credit
┌─

(LIVING DEAD!)

I’m alive. I’m alive. I’m alive.

Thinking. Breathing. Seeing. I’m here, I’m here. I’m alive, I promise. Cloudy eyes. Dead flesh. Cold as a fish. All concealed by my mask. A barrier from the world. No one notices a thing. I don’t let them get close. I don't let them touch me. I don't let them see.

I didn’t like the way they cowered at me. Trembling, afraid. Alarmed by what they saw. And word spread like a wildfire. "Freak of nature—zombie—kill him, kill him!" Mask on.

I look. I retch. I don’t like myself either. Eyes sunken, color fading, hair falling out in clumps. I look awful. But I couldn’t help what happened. All I could do was try to hide it. Mask on.

I am so sorry friends—I’ve grown ill, I’ll say. They wonder why they couldn’t come see me. Too busy, too tired, working overtime, jury duty, mom died. They grow tired of the excuses but I don’t know how to tell them. I need them, god, I need them, but I don’t want them to fear me. Mask on.

I hate what happened. The memories are burned into my brain and I can’t escape them. My rage burns too, hot as flame. Spite grows. My fists clench. I trusted him. I loved him. He killed me. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. No—I still love him. I get it. I was wrong. It didn’t hurt. It didn’t bother me. And the devil laughs; Mask on. Mask on. Mask on.

I hide the truest parts of myself behind a mask. I wish I didn’t, but I can’t stop. I just want to live my life as normal. But it’s been real hard—I’ve been dead for a rather long time now. And it’s starting to show. Physically. Emotionally. The wear and tear of this whole ordeal engulfs me—it’s who I am.

But I don’t want it to be.

The least I can do is wear a
mask. It’s comfortable. It’s safe. It fits me well. No one asks me questions when I wear my mask. No ones scared. It helps me. I need it, I need it. Just a little ornate detail to let me forget what happened. To look a little more like my old self, if not a little bit better. To paint back on the smile that I’d lost. To bring back the light to my eyes that I’d lost.

To forget, even if just for a little while,

the underlying truth is that,

I’m dead.
Last edited by Fernathy on Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗

Hi, I'm Fern! I mostly returned to this
website for art, so if you have an art
shop, feel free to drop me a line. ♡

You're also welcome to look at my toy
hou.se
! I make adopts there some-
times, and I love talking about OCs.

My PMs are also always open. ♡
‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ [ ‎ fern | he/him | adult | your local sleepy, goth artist. | my kalons | toyhou.se‎ ‎ ] ‎ ‎
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ❝ and i can be a pretty girl, i'll lose myself in you.

╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝
Fernathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scarecrowz » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:55 am

username: jurassic,
kalon name: Myth
mask: wip!

he/him
agender lesbian
you can call me sunny or june!
cringe on main
scarecrowz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mierose » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:06 am

mark !
THE. SECRET. OF. LIFE. IS. TO. KEEP. LOOKING. UP

MickiJayGonny
KiffKnightDimi

Call me mier or rose | She/her | Lesbian | Sagittarius

Buttermilks

. .. .
mierose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waffle02 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:16 am

Mask::
Outcast Spirit wrote:
Username:: waffle02
Kalon Name:: Agni Bodhi
Combination of the Sanskrit words for
"fire" and "awakens/awakening"

Explanation::
Masks serve many purposes. Some masks are used as disguises, hiding the mysterious creature underneath from detection. Other masks are used for protection, preventing hard from stopping the conquest of the wearer. However, where I'm from masks are used as symbols. I come from a land where spirits roam the forests and often happen upon small villages. The villagers and spirits used to treat one another as equals, until the villagers learned of the great powers the spirit's possessed. One night an enraged storm spirit rampaged one of the quaint villages, leaving the entire place decimated. All the nearby villages became terrified of the spirits, leading to policies that banned their presence in the villages. The spirits, tired of the rash and judgmental villagers, agreed that separation would be best and each decided to create symbols to distinguish one another. The villagers chose the symbol of a lion and required all non-spirit individuals to wear a lion of some sort to symbolize. Similarly the spirits chose the tiger. With this separation the spirits and villagers were able to stay relatively peaceful for centuries, however peace created by barriers can only last so long. Thus in an attempt to help form lasting peace, my parents created me. My mother was a beautiful spirit and my father a strong village leader. They hoped by showing everyone it was possible to create a family and live together as spirit and man that true peace could be established. The villages didn't listen though. Instead the nearby villages came and destroyed my father village, taking his life with it. My mother returned with me to the spirits and raised me until I was old enough to go on my own. However, because of my half-spirit origin I had to distinguish myself as such. I had to option to choose a side or choose the neutral ground, however that choice would leave me an outcast to both. Yet I knew that I truly only had one choice, and that is why I wear my mask. The mask is the mythical interpretation of a liger, a lion-tiger hybrid. I wear it like a badge to symbolize that I belong nowhere as I wander between villages and spirit-forests, hoping to find acceptance that could lead to the peace my parents desperately wanted. Until then I will continue to wear this mask as a symbol of my half-blooded nature.
(405 words)
Last edited by waffle02 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
♪♫♪My Characters and Adopts
♪♫♪ Art Shop - OPEN
♪♫♪My JBDs
♪♫♪ My Kalons

ImageImage
waffle02

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinsea » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:25 pm

username: SilverIcyCat
kalon name: tbd
mask:
- right half of mask is white/cream
- other half of the mask is black
- black half will have a white rose
ideas-dont mind this >.>

- ooo spooky dark past: messed up girl
- rip she has no one left
- i wanna hide my identity/past so i wear a mask but it doesnt do anything. just gives me a sense of comfort
- until this day i still see traces of what i had done
- sm regrets
- i need a time machine noowwww
- cant run cant hide from it
- that yr still haunts me :x
- was desperate and short sighted/immature and carefree at that time
- shame on me huhu
- white=pure/innocence.. if only i was like that ://

~wip~
Last edited by Rinsea on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rinsea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gasp » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:50 pm

username: granger
kalon name: jaron