Re: Anniversary (Open)

Postby E t e r n i t y » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:43 pm

Username: E t e r n i t y
Name: Humility

How is Kalons Adopts special to you:

Though this does not shed much positive light on me... Here goes nothing.

I am someone who is very passive; always looking for that outside source of inspiration or my "next big motivator" whether that be in people or things. Long story cut real short... it's a terrible way to live and something that I have been acutely aware of and actively trying to change.
I'd like to think that I am capable of setting realistic goals but the fact is that I will fail miserably at even the most intricately and detailed of plans, due to the inconsistency in my work ethic.
I have never had a long-term mentor (aside from mandatory schooling) due to this reason and even when I wanted to pursue art at a higher level (in comparison to the current me who just "farts" around when it comes to art, drawing whatever, whenever) I held back because I knew this disgustingly persistent facet of myself all too well.
However, through sheer trial and error, I have realized that if there was even a cure at all for this nauseatingly "third-world-problemesque" disease that plagues me then it would be have to exist in some community setting.
That, even though I may not be the most social person (scratch that I am not social at all... ;;;), I benefit greatly from (and in turn will try my very best to contribute the same amount to) immersing myself in a proactive and driven group of individuals. I think the Kalon community exemplifies that very cure I have sought after for so long. A band of passionate, encouraging, artistic and synergistic energies, one that attracts as well as, well, intimidates?
Though my reason may not be very special at all, heck, it might even be just purely a selfish reason, I felt like I should come clean with my intentions. I really feel as though this question is truly important for me to answer truthfully and honestly I'd really love to get the opportunity to contribute to this amazing group.

Give a shout out to a fellow community or staff member for the species: (can be more than one if you desire, and give a specific reason why you're recognizing them)

The very first Kalon I laid eyes on was one designed by high noon and honestly, the artistry, professionalism and parent-like care that went into that design was truly outstanding.
It was evident to me from the designers that this species employed that this was more than just a casual adopt on an artistic site. I saw in them, in the artists, and in high noon especially, something I've been seeking for myself all this time; passion.
There was no violent "competitiveness" between the creators, rather I could feel the camaraderie, friendship, support and mutual respect as an outsider however the designs that I saw only improved and matured...
It went against everything that I've been led to believe, that competition would breed success and that comparison would be the fastest route to the top. More than anything I would like to change my outsider status. This community, these creators, the creations; I am drawn to everything about Kalons and hope that one day I can be more than just an admirer. ^^
E t e r n i t y

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

colsulr --

Postby castiiian » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:16 pm

username --
      castiiian

name --
      colsulr

kalon adopts are special because --
      im a sucker for making up characters,
      and kalon prompts end up giving me excellent ideas for characters.
      even ideas/kalons that i don't end up winning tend to stay with me for months and months;
      until i can find another use for them elsewhere.

shoutout --
      @sphynx -- its been a while but that valentine event we both did was tons of fun. makes me regret how little i participate socially in the kalons species.
      @high noon -- old news; but i'm glad to see u back on the staff team, i hated seeing u quit that one-time cause u seemed like such a genuine person.
      @nektar -- u seem like an approachable and kind mod, as well as generally helpful. nice.
Last edited by castiiian on Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theexileofkiem » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:40 pm

Username:
theexileofkiem

Name:
Dynus

There is just something about them that I love. They and the community just have a welcoming glow. Not to mention I adore everyone's creativity when it comes to kals.

Give a shout out to a fellow community or staff member for the species:
@High Noon/Red-- man...I don't know how you do it. You are amazing. After trying to run my own adopts/be an artist for another species I see how much work you put into this. I could say this for most of the kalon staff as well. But I just really like your art style and you seem like an awesome person.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
my kalons|my lux lacerti

I'm an artist for Lux
---
they|pagan|taken

theexileofkiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deerbroken » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:42 pm

Username: neongraveyard
Name: Norimitsu [law of light]
How is Kalons Adopts special to you: Ever since I've joined kalons I've had a lot of fun interacting with the community and entering adopts. It's helped a lot with my creative motivation, as prior to joining I wasn't really drawing much for myself or for fun. I've met a lot of new people and I really love the characters I've made <3
@wicced!witch you've always been so nice to me when u answer my pms?? you and karm work really hard to keep this species running! i appreciate y'all tbh
@iceypopCS tysm for gifting me myris,,,, I really love him also ur art is gucci
@fernmoon thank you for giving me my first kal!
@sixbane tysm for doing my first nb,,, the kit came out so good ! your art is always inspiring and I love to see adopts or batches from you, or even just some of your doodles on the fanclub. <3
@lovetheholy your kals are??? so unique? I love them tbh. the designs you've done for the community are always impressive.
@saturnus just want 2 thank you for making art. every time i see something u drew i cry a little bc ur style is beautiful,,
@mercury. thank u for growing one of my kits!
@kanadensis thank you to you also, you did a really great job with Wallace's growth. ur the real mvp tbh.
@takura thank you for giving me my first main adopt! i love that boi sm.
@vjg321 tysm for making a kal for me?? and for free no less.
@kyar thank you for doing shibeboi and i's batch??? the kits are,,, so good. also ty for doing adopts for the community! I've entered a few and it's pretty great, tbh.
@shibeboi ty for doing an ooc breeding w/ me! you're p cool !
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pees » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:02 pm

Username: kinqfisher
    Name: Clover
    The staff are super nice! These are basically the only the only species where I know most of the staff members and they've been really nice to me :> so I'm just going to list some staff members I've interacted with bc I'm scared I may miss regular users if I list them: but

Karm + Wicc you guys run the species so smoothly! You're both really chill and nice to talk to and I really like your kals. (Karm I love that your kalon sta.sh is in colour order and wicc I love your cyclops and rainbow kids
    Emi I haven't talked to you much but your really sweet man... I love your line work to pieces and #1250 was perfection πŸ‘Œ
    Decaf I really like the pink vibe you have going on! Each adopt you out out looks lovely and unique front he others, I'm also a huge fan of your nursery batches...
    elf
    :) i thoroughly support your new style, I'm very fond of the new line style and I'm very happy that you've come so far
    Goofs
    Aaaaaa you probably won't see this but hey, I'm really digging your art outside of cs. Call me weird but I found the way you draw robots really good! I love all the little details you put in your art and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it πŸ‘€πŸ‘€ im probably going to start getting back into transformers again ha
    Jish
    Hi! Your off oekaki growths and customs are so neat?? I love the thick lines and vibrant colours, also keep up the good work with the archive
    little
    I love your designs and the way you draw eyes! My favourite design of yours was the koi cantaloupe I also adore the way you draw hair? It's so smooth, detailed, consistent and shiny *grabby hands*
    Medd
    Your so fun to talk to! Your always kind and funny and god I wish that were me getting those kits from those beautiful batches you make. All your designs are so elegant, yet have some sort of simplicity to it which I rlly dig
    how now brown kal
    riddle
    your designs remind me of anime concept art and that gets A++ from me. I used to browse concept art in my spare time and it's really nostalgic to look through your designs πŸ‘€
    Six
    Wow okay where do I start. First of all... you so much work for kalons and your own self?? You run so many species yet still manage to do so much kalon work... you take so many batches, do so much free designs and growths your such a big help! I live for your nursery batches whihj I can never catch a slot lol and I appreciate you doing such a good job on them and even opening your slots at a time where a lot of people are active and my respect for you is beyond belief?? Your style is super unique and i love your art and your 'painting?' style,, the cover art for this event is just gorgeous wow
    tig
    Can I just say- I thought karmel made a typo when she said you drew on an iPad. Now I weep at he beauty you create with your damn finger. tig you are a legend
    Mint
    Your art is so cute!!! Your anthros are adorable and your anatomy is very consistent πŸ‘Œ. That fish design you did for lny was so cool as well! Too bad I didn't enter... :)
    Dog
    Tbh Ive loved your designs from the beginning
    Only I don't know your true dark self
    Namely, I don't talk to you much lol
    You're still cool in every way
    kyo
    I really like your batches and I'm still forever grateful for you making my first one! I love your adopts in general and I dig the way you can make the kits look overly cute
    tak
    You're one cool dude! I love your animations and your artwork is adorable! Your a pretty rad mod as well and ur super nice :>
    eun
    Words can't describe my feelings of respect towards you, but emojis can:
    πŸ’“πŸ’—πŸ’–πŸ’˜πŸ’πŸ’žπŸ’•

Last edited by pees on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Paints » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:07 pm

Username:
Name:
Give a shout out to a fellow community or staff member for the species: (can be more than one if you desire, and give a specific reason why you're recognizing them)

ressssss aaaa i need to find tiiiiime
Paints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aioi » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:19 pm

res !
aioi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mikey » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:24 pm

Username: sketchiimutt
        Name: orion
        How is Kalons Adopts special to you: the community has always been so incredible, in my experience. I've been here since January last year and so far it's been wonderful. It's helped me branch out with character creation and has given me so many kiddos who I absolutely love <3
        @- hellyboo -- helly is an incredibly kind member of the community, they've given to it so much and they're so lovely to talk to <3 I do hope everything is going well for them at the moment.
        @- iuno. - gifted me a dream kalon, they're so kind (I cried so much ;v;)
        @- sixbane - honestly I cannot thank them enough, they're incredible <33
        @ every single member of the kalon staff- thank you for keeping this species going!
Last edited by mikey on Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hal/mikey ; he/him ; lesbian
      kinda inactive - rentry
      β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž Image
mikey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby parker; » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:08 pm

res.
parker;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lysander » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:19 pm

Username: lysander
      Name: mallius

this is the first closed species i participated in! for a while i was eyeing the adopt community kind of curious but confused... also i never had the money to purchase off-cs species so when i discovered there were really nice and well designed adopts i could compete for i was excited to join! adopt comps give me something to do in my free time that's enjoyable and forces me to stretch my brain creatively and i love having prompts that help give me inspiration for characters ideas i can repurpose in my aus and writing!

skdjsg this is basically going to be a rehash of all the fortunes i sent during the last event so i'm gonna keep these rly short and sweet (plus some bonus ones i didnt include before):

tigressa - OC HEADCANONS!!!! THE ONES THAT HURT MY SOUL in a good way.............YES! DESIGNS!!! WONDERFUL!! DESERVES LOVE AND SUPPORT ALWAYS... pls take care of urself ok... WE CARE ABOUT YOU

riddlestyx - AMAZING CONCEPTS N FORMS + AMAZING DESIGNS AS WELLL??? how can u be so many good things at once. tell me ur seccret

watchdog - WE JUST STARTED TALKING RECENTLY AND TBH MAN UR RLY COOL,,, i gotta hit u up with hcs BUT MAN PLS FEEL FREE TO @ ME ABT STUFF ANY TIME!! also i cant shoutout to dog without mentioning ur wonderful to-die-for designs,....

trans - I NEVER SENT A FORTUNE TO U BC I GOT RLY BURNT OUT W FORTUNES SGDLG BUT UR SWEET AND WONDERFUL PLS KEEP BEING U

rainichi - old man young shoulders, v chill, v chill 2 talk to ... its weird that despite us both being p into kals we almost never talk abt them together bc we just end up talking abt other things LOL

ik there's more ppl im forgetting but for the time being... let this be it

Last edited by lysander on Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

lysander   he/him  about
 chronic hand pain haver
kalons   art   adopts   writing   toyhouse  
icon by my friend!
β”‚
β”‚