Re: Staff Plumerian - katstiel

Postby Goostarion » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:45 pm

Stalking to see the winner, good luck everyone!
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kirill » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:33 am

I'm so sorry for taking so long to judge this! I've had a hectic past few weeks, and judging this was a challenge that I kept putting off for later. I understand how hard it is to wait for results like this, so I really appreciate your patience. "OTL

This was so unbelievably hard to judge. If I were able to give out RUs, I would. I'd like to start off by giving a shoutout to worshipthesquid. I really liked your form, and your art was so cool! I loved the style; it showed so much character. Your idea was creative and intriguing.

BENJii., I loved your form. The art was stunning and showed a lot of personality. The song you chose set the mood very well. The animations were awesome, too!! I especially liked the eyes over the human form (though all of it was great, of course). Your character was original and well-developed, and your writing was really good. If I could give you a runner-up, I would in a heartbeat.

Ethulai, your form was so creative. The choose-your-own adventure aspect was so cool! I loved seeing the character from different points of view in the two outcomes. You did a good job of setting up the theme of the form, and I really liked the character you created. You did a good job of portraying Çevik to the reader, and I know you'll take care of him! The art was really good and showed personality. I could tell you put a ton of effort into this competition.

Again, I'm really sorry for taking so long to judge this. There were so many great forms, and it took me forever to make up my mind. I wish I could just give everyone a runner-up. Thank you to all who tried out, and shoutout to everyone who helped me judge! It was so hard to choose that I had to get a lot of outside opinions. Good luck in future competitions, everyone!
xImage
| dA | youtube | comms | | |
---
kirill///they/them///i used to be katstiel
---
i'm not active anymore, find me on other social medias as @kirilldraws
---

| art credit ;; | photo | avatar & art | pixels

ImageImage
kirill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:11 pm

Oh gosh I totally forgot about this.

Congratulations to all the Runner ups, your forums were absolutely fabulous and enjoyable to read!

And congratulations to Ethulai for winning. I know how darn long you stressed out over this forum (I did so with you) and it was amazing to see how well together the forum became!

*Tosses confetti absolutely everywhere*
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaatlove » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:14 pm

ETTHUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
CONGRATS!!!!!

You have a super dream baby omlll

-squeals and runs around-

COGRATSS AHHHH
ImageImage
✶ kaat ⋆ chars
kaatlove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby benjeep » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:27 pm

Congrats Ethulai! You have a wonderful boy in your hands now!! c:
Thank you so much for the honourable mention Kas! I can't believe that you actually liked my form! There were a lot of awesome entires so I can see why it took this long to judge it! :'D Once again congratulations, to both Ethulai and the other HMs! <333
no name brand™ // transman // adult // raging gay // infp // kylux and harringrove trash
benjeep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ethulai » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:48 pm

I'm sitting here still in shock.

I checked my phone when I woke up this morning before I went to work and saw this and it took me 4 hours to process.

I'm dreaming, right?

From the first moment I saw this beautiful character I fell in love. I wasn't sure about the Plumerian staff litter colors but katstiel just made it work. The minute I saw the eye symbols I was reminded of a Nazar amulet my friend had brought me back from her holiday to Turkey. Her descriptions and photos of her trip made me fell in love with this country and thus Turkey went straight in the top 10 of my Travel Bucket List. I knew immediately that I wanted this character to be based around this wonderful and fascinating culture.

I researched. I plotted. I planned. I thought, how could I stand out from all the other forms? 700 words was not much to work with. I would have to make sure the art pieces really showed the story. I beseeched all my amazingly talented online friends to help me. I still have a lot to learn about art. I was fairly confidant about the writing but I knew I needed them to bring my creation to life. I wasn't sure I would finish in time. Thankfully someone had asked for an extension. I won't lie, there was stress, there were tears. The more I worked on the form, the more deeply I fell in love with the character I had created. I finally understood how people can get so invested in something that on the surface isn't real - but in the depths of one's heart and mind becomes a breathing, living flesh and blood creature.

Even when things were completed and I knew I had given my all it was tough not to view other forms and feel a sense of panic. There are so many creative people on this website! It amazes me time and time again. BENJii I absolutely loved your character and your art is so stunning I wish I had an iota of your skill. worshipthesquid your art also took my breath away, especially the second piece, it is absolutely gorgeous. howlingtothestars and Master of Nothing your writing and stories completely intrigued me. Everyone did such an amazing job.

I did not have the word limit to post any of the links that I found the most helpful but I really wanted to acknowledge where my information came from so here we go;
Forty-four Turkish Fairy Tales
Karakura
Traditional Clothing in Turkey
Turkish Tea
Cappadocia
Social Traditions in Turkey
Sama (Sufism)
There's probably more but the links above provided the foundations.

Now I need to thank again all the wonderful people who helped me, you jewels <3 Thank you to; ZeyDaan who is responsible for the phenomenal coding. As usual it was an absolute pleasure to work with you, I really enjoy our discussions on coding and seeing what you come up with. I'm very grateful you are so open to any criticism and that you are happy to tweak whatever needs to be tweaked to satisfy both of us.
high noon thank you for the beautiful art piece. It was exactly what I envisioned and I will cherish it always.
Insaniity thank you also for your phenomenal piece. I left the design of the Karakura up to you and you did a phenomenal job. I still get chills down my spine when I look at your piece.
Baigel thank you for the drawing Cevik in his shop. The stream was fun and I appreciate you using your Photoshop skills to made sure a tea set was included even though we were running out of time.
Chaosin thank you for your support and encouragement.
katstiel thank you for making such a gorgeous character and allowing me to own it, even though it was such a tough decision. May I be added please?
Thank you also to everyone who wished me well, I really go appreciate your kind thoughts!

Now there are some stunning art pieces here and I'd love to own them, please PM me if you would rather I didn't use/save the pieces I promise no hard feelings.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
┌───────────────┐

💀 // 💀 // 💀 // 💀
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Everyday is Halloween
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"Hell is empty and all the devils are here."
- Shakespeare, The Tempest

└───────────────┘
Ethulai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Master of Nothing » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:09 pm

Congrats! <3 You may use my art if you want, just be sure to give credit! I'm really glad you're so happy with your new plumie, I can tell they're very special to you! I'm sure you'll take good care of them!
quitting cs soon, as soon as I get all my characters rehomed
C:
Master of Nothing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me