Re: Kalon #1472 CYOS

Postby Northstar. » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:50 pm

username: Northstar.
name: Availeinon
story: (429 words)

Beware the Moors of Tinnegon.

For in the chilling fogs you will find that which is, but shouldn't be. At least, that's what mother told you.

Pah.

A fragile tale to keep wayward children in line. Night is approaching swiftly and you must be home before dark. You leave the well-worn path and venture beyond. It's just a fen.

Sound is muffled in the mist. You hear footsteps, laughter, and yet you know none are there.

Something skitters down your spine. It feels like fingertips. You jerk sideways and struggle with panic. Your feet know the way home, even in this.

From the fog rises a spindly figure. It is a specter with reaching claws.

It is a tree, unlike any you've ever seen. The bark seems to swirl and open into a screaming mouth. You are surrounded by tortured trees, all with gnarled faces and reaching vines.

You don't run, but none will blame you as your steps become frantic. Branching hands tug your hair, your clothes, your skin as you fly by.

A feeling chills you to the bone. It tells you to flee, your gut screaming to run. You don't, for fear of what follows. Just as your heart almost bursts from your chest, you break from the treeline. The familiar path is there! You look back only to realize... there are no trees, just a foggy moor.

You should've listened to your mother, you realize, as you run home. You try not to notice the tiny things that seem... off. The wind had been blowing earlier from the north, now it blows from the south. The grass is faded from it's vibrant green. You ignore it.

The sky blackens just as you reach your house and you wonder if it's only you that can't see the stars.

The door swings open, a creak in it that hadn't been. Your mother is chopping carrots in the kitchen and you hurry to help lest you are admonished. She turns to you, a smile on her face.

"You're a little late, sweetheart."

You try not to notice that her eyes are just a little too dark, her nose a little too long, hair just a smidge curlier than it had been. There are more freckles across her nose and her voice is somehow off.

"Yeah, got caught in the fog," you mumble as you help. She hums and resumes chopping.

You try to convince yourself that you're just tired, the moors threw you off.

But you can't stop thinking that this woman beside you... She isn't your mother.

And this… this is not home.
Last edited by Northstar. on Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northstar.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby floppa » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:01 pm

oh mark!!
floppa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AboveAspen » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:28 pm

username: AboveAspen
name:
story: (500 word limit) Wip~

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Aspen | She/Her | ISFJ

My Kalons

Archivist for Bleubs
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
sig art by verseo on DA
AboveAspen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweet tooth » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:29 pm

username:night knuckles
name: Igon
story:
He scurried though leaves, looking for the last crumbs of food he could find. The others, strong and aggressive, had now taken the food and hid in warm pockets of the ground, surrounded by a winter's worth of berries and nuts. His small stature stood no chance against the more dominate mice, forcing him to wait until they had gotten their fill.
His nose thoroughly searched the foliage near his home. It began to get cold out; his tiny hands pressing against leaves began to have a thin frost coating. His ears took in all the sounds of the forest, his eyes watching, his nose sniffing. Occasionally, he found a seed, which he would cheerfully store away in his nearby lonesome home. It was when he found a large, fresh berry on the ground when a sudden gust of cold wind blew him off his guard. The berry hopped away, but the lost fruit had been the least of his worries. In the wind gust came the smell of a cat.
His eyes quickly looked over at the source of the smell. Brush hid the identity of the cat, but he was absolutely sure it was in there. However, he had no escape, as his home was directly in front of the cat. Not knowing what to do, he froze.
A few moments went by before a sudden movement of the leaves instinctively shot a wave of flight or fight through the tiny mouse. He shot off from the ground, forgetting completely about the scourging for food. The cat, young and full of energy, jumped from the leaves and began a pursuit.
The mouse hurried across the leaves as the cat's paws padded against the ground. His heart pounded against his skin, his body about to burst from adrenaline, his thoughts overrun with terror. The cat kept her claws out, occasionally grazing the mouse and scratching him. The pain motivated him to move quicker; the thoughts of the teeth of the cat and her claws forced his legs to most faster.
Suddenly, he felt the cat jump onto him. Her claws dag into him , and he could feel the hot breath of the juvenile's muzzle. He struggled to escape, clawing with his tiny nails at the cats paws, to no avail. As the cat opened his mouth to snap his neck, the mouse shot to her nose and bit as hard as he could. The cat, completely startled by the mouse's last resort, yowled as she pulled her face back. He hung on for only a second before her violent thrashing of her head threw him into a pile of rotting leaves. He raced out, not looking behind him to see if she was pursuing him.
After awhile, his body couldn't run another step and he collapsed. He heaved as he waited to see if the cat followed him. When the coast was clear, he got up painfully and hoped his poor sense of direction would somehow lead him home.
Last edited by sweet tooth on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
sweet tooth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:29 pm

Uhh mark maybe
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachycupcake525 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:35 pm

username: Peachycupcake525
name:

Res, might do this if I can think of something

This is a pretty cool idea.
peachycupcake525

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby castiiian » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:50 pm

mark
xxxxx
xxx
xxx ⚝ copycat tryna cop my m͙̥ạ͕̠͕͚̲n̫̺̬̺̩͇͕n͉̩̠͚̠̲͓er̠ ⚝
↝↝↝ watch your back when you can't watch mine !!!

╔══════════════════════╗

xxxx
CAST | he/they | catboy, gamer, eclown
  • discord + toyhou.se: castiiian
    i read all pms, but don't always reply,
    pls poke me if u need a response!

╚══════════════════════╝
xxx ⚝ copycat tryna cop my g̖̖̥̲̦̟alm̯͍̹͚̘o͙r̦͚ ⚝
↝↝↝ why so sad, bunny? can't have mine !!!
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby royalpoppy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:57 pm

username: royalpoppy
name:
xxxxxxx

venus 🏵 she/her 🏵 gaymer gurl
off and on activity, find me on discord.
here for closed species and deer collection.
dislikes: radishes, yelling, and big meanies.

♡ ♡ ♡

royalpoppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WanSham » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:59 pm

M ark
WanSham

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreyScale » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:04 pm

username:
    GreyScale
    name:
    Hera
    story:
    "I once made the mistake to love. I regret that choice more than I will ever be able to put into words, but until I die I will always to deal with my foolish decision. I was young and naive, how could I have known how dangerous love really was?

There i was, school had just ended for the day and with fall setting in the weather was beautiful out, the perfect day for a walk so I skipped the bus. I didn't have a care in the world and my young heart was up for grabs, but not for long. A boy bumped into me by accident as I was on my walk. He stopped to apologize and gave a sweet smile then left, but not before he unknowingly took a piece of my heart with him. It turned out we had a lot in common. We read a lot of the same books, listen to the same music and watched the same movies. We met up after school every day to talk, and each time i fell a little more for his charming and kind personality.

On my sixteenth birthday he gave me a necklace. He knew I didn't care for anything fancy so it was a simple silver chain with a small gemstone pendant that matched my eyes. I loved the necklace and even wore it to bed not wanting to ever take it off.

He finally asked me out to the movies one night. I said yes with hesitation and that Friday night he picked me up. I was happy when I was with him, he made me feel confident and special. He was my world, and I'd give the world for him. I enjoyed the hour sitting beside him, watching the movie and eating popcorn, it was one of the best moments of my life.
    After the movies he told me how he felt. My heart pounded with joy when he finally confessed and I told i felt the same. Our relationship grew more and more everyday, we were the perfect couple. We never argued and hardly ever disagreed, only ever made each other laugh.

But one day, it was raining hard. You couldn't step foot out with being immediately drenched and the roads where starting to flood.
    He was on his way to my house to surprise me and cheer me up on this gloomy day but he never made it to my house. He could barely see our the windshield as it was and with the roads flooding as well. His car was swept into on coming traffic.

If I hadn't fallen for his sweet, silly smile all those years ago. Life would probably be bearable. But I was young and naive, how could I have known how dangerous love really was? "
    470/500
Last edited by GreyScale on Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me