My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lunar New Year Adopts -- Dragon

Postby Grey_Hoodie » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:42 am

username: Grey_Hoodie
    name:
    story/art: (1 art piece or up to 1000 words) Oddball supposedly set a claim to the darkness. At least, that's what Roka was told when he was hired. The kid goes around terrorizing the world by making sure every dark place he comes across and doesn't own is lit brightly with something. Folk trying to catch some shut eye tend to see him as a bit of a menace. res c:

Notes:
      How was it stolen?: People wanted to celebrate the local dragon (despite his obnoxious quirks) by decorating his lair. They never really understood why it was not only empty but lacking in any sort of light source, even when the kalon was awake, up and moving. So they decide to set up the most elaborate lanterns and fill the space with towers of gold and statues of jade.
      What does he hoard?: <SPOILER> This kalon took up a fascination with caves that have unique properties to where the stone itself glows like the night sky. Since he cannot really claim the sky for himself, *name* journeys the world and leaves his mark on any and all similar caves he comes across. He has heard of legends and treasures arising from the rock properties and finds them extremely valuable. He himself lives in the largest and most beautiful cave he has found thus far. <SPOILER> example: media.giphy.com/media/zbfi3eeL9Hb44/giphy.gif
Grey_Hoodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sicknasty » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:08 am

username:
name:
story/art: (1 art piece or up to 1000 words)
oo res
just not here anymore -
check out my da or add me on discord!

box - they/them or she/hers
about - my kalons - da

ImageImageImage
sicknasty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:41 am

res oml
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kipin » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:43 am

res for this beautiful bab :0
.......Image.......
记住好时光!
━━━━━━━━━━━━
kip . art insta . kals . spotify!

━━━━━━━━━━━━
thoughts and feelings, it's all too much

kipin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iuno. » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:43 am

res
iuno.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lunar New Year Adopts -- Dragon

Postby 薄桜鬼 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:49 am

x

o┌───────────┐
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
-
username: 薄桜鬼
x
name: 秀海玉
-pinyin: Xiù Hǎi Yù
-means: beautful sea jade
x
mi-----------------------------

o└───────────┘
x ──────────────────────────────
秀海玉
"beautiful sea jade"

featuring noriyuki w/ permission

xx Faint whispers could be heard all over, the news had spread as fast as a wildfire. To think, somebody would have the guts! Nobody could imagine how somebody could have gotten away with it, if it was simply rumors or if the words whispered were true. If somebody had come forward and calmed the crowd, telling them all they're too imaginative, all would believe as they claimed, "Ah, yes. Of course, that could never have happened!"

However, the rumors were too true, especially for the vicitm. The sea palace's king had his precious collection stolen! The outcry was imaginable, to think the majesties most treasured hoard could so easily be stolen, why it was easy to understand why everybody was so worried!

The Sea King was baffled by this turn of events, feeling a great remorse. He had for years collected rare water orbs, crystalized spheres which hollow held beautiful, glimmering water. These orbs had been collected from traveling from sea to sea, meeting each sea's ruler before being bestowed with them. Each was unique in color, the water inside each being from their respective sea. From the cold northern seas in which the orbs were often a murky, dark blue or green to the tropical seas in which the orbs were the lightest, prettiest teals and blues. He'd even managed to travel so far as a sacred sea which held algae-filled waters, creating the illusion of blood red water. There he had collected a bone-chilled, red orb as though it was filled with blood. These precious orbs, appearing as though the very essence of their seas, became known as "Hǎi De Hún" or "the Souls of the Seas."

Nobody's ears had been free from some gossip or another of this event. This included a simple traveler, their palette a unique mix of fire and ice. At a small shop, they had stopped to grab a snack and ended up overhearing two kalons feverishly gossiping nonstop. It was here, the kalon heard of the Sea King's misfortune and his lost items. Listening closely at the description of the items stolen, the kalon suddenly gasped and called out to the "gossip old ladies." "Pardon, can you tell me more about these crystal orbs!" Scurrying over to where the two were sitting, they joining the two with a polite bow. With an interest in the gossip, the two lit up and explained everything in a shocking onslaught of detail, practically overwhelming the poor youth. Laughing, the youth quickly excused themselves and headed towards their new destination—The sea king's palace.

Sea King's Palace (Click link for the rest of the story.)
Last edited by 薄桜鬼 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.
薄桜鬼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NaCl » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:56 am

username: NaCl
name: Drákon [Greek for Dragon]

Drakon was loved by so many in the tiny village below her mountain! so who would take her hoard of offerings given to her by her people!?

Drakon is someone who is worshiped by the town that was built below her mountain, they give her many offerings at the start of the new year as a way to ask her to be kind to them and give them a good healthy year. She keeps every single offering since, well, she is technically their god and it would be rude to crush their beliefs of a half dragon and half kalon immortal being that lives inside the mountain. Sure she was part dragon BUT! She is not immortal, she just lives a long long time...

Drakon stepped out of her cave with a snarl and began to stalk down the mountainside, to the Kalons that lived in the village beneath her cave it was seen as a warning of danger if Drakon ever left her cave and she could already feel the panic rising from her people. When her paws hit the grass at the base of the mountain she didn't even bother to look to the villagers as she walked off in search of her hoard, offerings she was given! Drakon took a deep breath to steady herself as she walked.
The first place that came to mind was the bordering town, they were always greedy and had tried to raid her village before which of course Drakon stepped in to stop them! Geeze, sure she wasn't sure why they worshiped her but she wasn't a heartless monster and would let her people be killed when she knew she could do something!
Drakon sighed and made her way towards the town, but on her way stopped to meet someone who she knew would be able to help, Lominiea, a traveler and trader who visited the area often and Drakon met her once to know she knew a lot about other people and was not afraid to get her paws a little dirty to do the right thing. Upon seeing the pink Kalon Drakon trotted over to her. "Greetings Lominiea, I was hoping you could help me with a... Problem" She deadpanned, Drakon was blunt and straight to the point as she saw there was no use in beating around the bush or sugar coating things. "Ah! Drakon, lovely to see you again, what may I help you with?" The kind girl replied, turning her blue eyes to Drakon. "My village gives me offerings, and of course I keep them since I am grateful... But someone has stolen them all! ALL of them! It's insane... And rude! And I know for sure one of my people did not do it" Drakon explained, though with more emotion to her raspy voice. Lominiea nodded. "Hmm, yes. Well, someone did come by here offering me some dragon-themed goods, I was not interested, to say the least. I sell, not buy. They headed south towards the most advanced kingdom in the country, perhaps they took your stolen goods there?" She said with a nod as she finished her thoughts off with the question. "Well, south we shall go!" Drakon said, walking off a little. "Right well, I guess we should go," Lominiea said, packing up her cart and pulling it behind her, catching up with Drakon.

Reaching the kingdom was one thing, finding the person who stole her hoard was another. They asked around town about Dragon themed goods, and anyone who bought something gave them back after a drawn-out explanation. Drakon had to buy herself a large cart to hold all her things in as the two wandered the city, looking for the thief and there they found a whole shop selling dragon themed goods that Drakon instantly knew were hers. With a deep growl, she stalked up to the merchant, no thief, and got up in his face, pressing her muzzle to his. "You give all this back to me now or so help me, you stole these from my home and SELL THEM in a kingdom to people who don't know they were offerings left by MY PEOPLE!?" Drakon spat, stepping back only a little, her tail lashing back and forth in pure anger as she watched the thief step back from his stand. "Take them back! Take them all back! Please don't kill me!" He cried, covering his face with his paws and shaking like a leaf in a strong wind. Drakon huffed in amusement as she and Lominiea carefully placed her things into her cart. At this point a crowd had gathered and were staring at the pair in horror, Drakon hated the stares and she growled and snarled at anyone who stared a little too long.

The journey back to her village was much more light-hearted as she and Lominiea laughed about the whole thing. "You're welcome in my village anytime, as well as my cave. You are a true friend, Lominiea, thank you" were their parting words as Drakon returned to her cave with all her stuff back and a new person to call her friend.
My Storkies
Storkverse Storage
My Wermz My Snoods

my name is Winter
My pronouns are She/They/Snow
I am currently a staff member for Storkies
feel free to contact me here or on discord with any questions
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cherrydoge » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:13 am

jing - from Chinese 精 (jīng) meaning "essence, spirit" | zhu - from Chinese 朱 (zhū) "vermilion red, cinnabar"
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

username: cherrydoge | gender: androgynous (she/her) | story features: Diego

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
hoard
∙/hôrd/
noun
a stock or store of money or valued objects, typically one that is secret or carefully guarded.

Jing Zhu had always valued many things in her life. Morality, family, loved ones. However, nothing compared to what she carefully guarded, that she held close to her heart. Her memories.

Some could say she hoarded her memories. Jing Zhu constantly wrote down on little post-it notes her favorite memories, posting them around the house. She loved going on trips, making memories. Be it alone or with other people around her, there was nothing Jing Zhu loved more than recalling certain memories that could easily make her smile. She wasn’t one to only treasure happy memories, either. She enjoyed her sad memories, angry memories, and just little moments she remembered from her day to day life.
Jing Zhu carefully guarded her secret stash from those who may read minds (she's quite the superstitious Kalon), or those who want to pry into her private life.

It all went downhill when she lost her most valued hoard of all. Someone had stolen her memories from her, and she was determined to get them back.

xxxxxxxxx

Jing Zhu awoke with a start. She had a terrible nightmare, but could not remember what it was. Shaking her head, Jing Zhu got out of her bed to retrieve a glass of water. Sighing, she rubbed her face. Perhaps it would be best to grab her scrapbook full of pictures from her favorite memories. … What were they again? It’d be best to have a refresher, it has been awhile. Walking over to the small bookcase, Jing Zhu pulled out a large portfolio and began flipping through it.
Despite seeing herself in the pictures, she had no recollection of the memories. Blinking, she continued to flip through, but still could not remember experiencing what was happening in the photographs. Jing Zhu’s heart began to pound wildly in her chest. Why couldn’t she remember? There she is, right there in the picture going down Splash Mountain, but couldn’t recall it. What was happening? Quickly, she shoved the portfolio back into its spot and began researching her issue.

The internet had told her that she had amnesia, or a brain tumor, but that couldn’t be the case. Jing Zhu resorted to going to a therapist to try and do past life regression… or something like that.
Jing Zhu contacted Dr. Diego Berach about the issue, he had scheduled an appointment for two weeks later.

Throughout multiple sessions, to no avail did attempting to retrieve her memories work. Ever since she started talking to Dr. Berach, they did come back in quick flashes, but in the end it was only that. She couldn’t remember what they were. He always seemed. . . worried about her every time she got a flash of memory back.
Dr. Berach was a very kind Kalon, though. Always patient with her, never rushing her and allowing her to do things at her own pace. Throughout all the sessions, she felt at ease around his presence. His voice like caramel, it was smooth and calming. It had gotten to the point where she had almost no longer had any interest in remembering what she had once lost, her hoard. Dr. Berach did put Jing Zhu back on track if she was lost, however.

Jing Zhu frowned. “Dr. Berach, I don’t think this is going to work.”

“All in good time, Jing Zhu.” He said with a smile. “I know I’ve asked you this before, but do you think you know the cause of it?”

“No, I don’t. I still only remember waking up from a nightmare and then my recollection of past events was just… gone.” She sighed. Staring at his face, something stirred within her. “Come to think of it, you look a bit familiar?” Jing Zhu tilted her head to the side.

“I’m sure you must be mistaken. Perhaps it’s because of our constant sessions?” He tried to change the subject.

“No, no. Thinking about it, I swear I’ve seen you before.” Jing Zhu insisted.

Dr. Berach shifted in his seat. “You must be mistaking me for someone else.” He laughed nervously.

“Are you sure? Because-”

“No!” He boomed. Jing Zhu was startled, and quieted down. Dr. Berach furrowed his brow. “Fool. God, you’re such an idiot. You had to go and set off to find your memories again, didn’t you.” He spat.

Jing Zhu was confused, and had no clue on what to say, so she stayed quiet.

“I was the one who stole your memories. I ‘eat’ them, per se. This amulet around my neck, I doubt you even noticed it,” He lifted a necklace from under his shirt. It looked like a moonstone carved into the shape of smoke.
“This amulet gives me this… overwhelming feeling of power. I love it. Now that you know my secret, you must face the consequences.” He stuffed it back into his shirt. “You won’t remember this at all.” Dr. Berach gave a toothy grin.

“What are you-” She was cut off by him snapping his fingers. Jing Zhu blinked, and stared at him. “Dr. Berach? What happened?”

“Congratulations, Jing Zhu! We made a breakthrough!” He exclaimed. “You told me you got a sudden burst of memories from the past, that you previously could not remember. I believe that you can now remember all the things you had once forgotten.”

“Really? That’s great!”

“You can write a check to my office. I wish you well, Jing Zhu.” Dr. Berach extended his hand to shake hers. She shook his hand and got up and left.

Making sure she had left, Diego groaned in annoyance. “Wouldn't mind her own business. I lost a lot of power from giving her memories back, but oh well… at least I got a little bit in return.” He fiddled with the amulet through his shirt.

[967 / 1000]
Last edited by cherrydoge on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
leaving. pm me if anythings important, i still get email notifs
cherrydoge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Morta » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:45 am

username:
name:
story/art: (1 art piece or up to 1000 words)

Res with a gentle soul whos hoard of blankets and stuffed animals was stolen by a petty theif
OwO
Morta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me