art by lavender towns

thxxxxcoding shopxxxxda

nice people alert
senti nilla snow teri lethal

kalsxxmarsh#7080xxkhims

hey everyone! i'm slowly attempting to
come back after a long hiatus !! i love talking to
people so always feel free to chat - i'm quite forgetful
so if i've forgotten something please let me know!
as always I'm fastest to reach on discord

Marsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1345 -- Stressed Out

Postby Wolfiedog3 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:55 am

username:
kalon name:
how they deal with anxiety [500 word limit]:
art extra [optional]:

totally me with that face c;
res
Wolfiedog3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theexileofkiem » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:32 am

username:

theexileofkiem

kalon name:

Heth Verdigris
Heth--meaning trembling fear
Verdigris--oxidized copper

how they deal with anxiety [452/500]:
(I am a very anxious person myself so this is going to be based of me a bit if not entirely)

Heth has dealt with anxiety their whole life and didn't know that large quantities of it were uncommen amoungst fellow beings until more recently in his time. Some days he can do simple things like go up to a store clerk and purchase something, and other days the same task seems impossible. The poor guy will even shut down in the middle of a crowd of people due to the amount of stress it causes him. Heth can also get paralyzing anxiety for the most random things at random times, for example: the thought of contracting deadly diseases and things like the earth being hit with a comet followed the death of his loved ones (and himself, but he's very caring and cares more about the aforementiond bit) are the most common topics of these panic attacks.

Since Heth has more recently discovered he is an anxious mess, he is just learning how to properly to cope with his anxiety. One of the ways he had unknowingly been coping with it is by holding a stuffed animal or having a favored toy or figure of any size with him at all times. Some of the newer methods he has discovered that work for himself are drawing, finding random facts about things, watching cute animal videos, the smell of something good, practicing magic (he's pagan) and meditating. Good smells and stuffed animals seem to calm him down the most and the quickest. The smell of lavender or a smell associated with family or his SO are his favorites. And any stuffed animal he can hug against his chest does the trick. (His rib muscles are genetically prone to tearing so this feels good for that and the anxiety). Meditation as mentioned is also very helpful but he isn't always in a situation were he can meditate so he must find ways to distract himself. That or if he can't use any other coping method, he will just suffer through his anxiety as he has been doing for a long time. However, he tries new coping methods as often as he can and some of them make him look ridiculous but he does them anyways.

Poor Heth may have anxiety out the ears but aside from that he is a genuinely happy soul most of the time and tries his hardest to help and please others. He also is very comfortable with who he is and knows how he functions as a whole. His anxiety frustrates him because sometimes it prevents him from the previously mentioned helping and pleasing of everyone. Otherwise it doesn't really bother him aside from, well, being anxious. It's just part of his identity and he's grown up with it.

art extra [optional]:
(Enjoying some nature--its taking a lot to not just to 12 million drawings of him right now ahh)

(Also on a complete-random-ignorable side note this kal reminds me of Mystery Skulls:Freaking out for some reason, might be because of the colors and the tail shine kind looks like their channel logo? Dunno, but I'd probably pick this to be this kals theme song if I had to haha.)
Last edited by theexileofkiem on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:54 am, edited 14 times in total.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
my kalons|my lux lacerti

I'm an artist for Lux
---
they|pagan|taken

theexileofkiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mellow yellow. » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:20 am

omg res

Howdy! I'm mellow yellow., but yall can call me mellow if ya want. I'm finally returning to chicken smoothie and I couldn't be better!

My Toyhou.se

My Deviantart

My Twitter
mellow yellow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby boodles » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:26 am

username: boodles
kalon name: Glacier
how they deal with anxiety [110/500 word limit]: Glacier combats his anxiety by eating. Haha no. Well, sometimes. But mostly he spends his time working with other animals. Dogs, cats, horses, wolves, bears, and so on. He really connects with their gentle souls and spending his time helping and healing animals really helps him calm down and take his mind off his worries. There's nothing better to forget about your troubles than feeding week old abandoned kittens. He wishes he could have a career working with animals, but he was simply too anxious to finish school. Instead, he volunteers his time at various shelters and wildlife sanctuaries to help as many animals of all species as he can.
art extra [optional]: I can't draw :roll:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Currently obsessed with FR and making trades between here and there.
https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/599233

Canadian || She/Her || Adult || University || Vet School
♡ Animals || ♡ Music || ♡ Crime Dramas || ♡ Photography

Dream Pet: UR Tiger Dog
CS Goal: One of Every Pet (Only 40 left!)
Currently Hunting For: Missing Warrior Cats & 2012 UR Cookie

<< P.S. Those are my puppers!
boodles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tiny little box » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:31 am

username:Tiny little box
kalon name:Sammy
Being in the hustle and bustle of normal everyday life always wears the poor introvert out in a matter of a couple hours. For Sammy it's not always easy to tell when she is anxious.It's not a switch she can turn off. For the most part,the ever looming shadow of anxiety is always there. She see's it as a over looming figure. Always present but sometimes far away.

Some ways she copes with the crippling mental illness is to carry around a tote bag wherever she goes.Even if she doesn't use it,it's associated with the sense of comfort and safety.The bag itself is decorated with flowers hat are just slightly faded from the wears and tears of life.She loves to sew and knit things.She often flaunts it around in public.Creating things helps her mind wander off of anxiety and to just relax for once.
art extra [optional]:
Can you 100% certainty prove that I actually exist?

Bi/dragon/pretty gay

Hmhmhmhmhmhm
hm
hm
hm
hm
tiny little box

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ephemeris » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:54 am

username: sᴄʏʟʟᴀ
kalon name: Polaroid

res w/
-going out to quiet places to take pictures
-reading at home w/ his pet in his lap
-pep talking to himself

art extra [optional]:

wip

Hello! I ♥ to draw and
write! My Instagram
is @Howling_Frost.
I'm also a fan of
Pokemon, Warriors,
HTTYD, Minecraft,
Legend of Zelda,
and a bunch of other
things!
Ephemeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Twilight Prince » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:11 am

Username: Novaquill
Kalon name: Uro ("Unrest" in Norwegian I think)
How they deal with anxiety [500 word limit]:
Uro had many issues with anxiety, being stressed, and he also was startled easily. He hadn't been helped much with his anxiety and tended to run from his fears. If he couldn't do that, then he would try to distract himself. If neither of those two things work, he broke down and got even more stressed. Something had to be done about it. Uro's parents found him therapists, but they didn't help much and often made Uro more stressed out. Uro began to lose his trust in his parents, avoiding his home. He found he was only happy in art class. Not only was art an escape, but the art teacher was really nice, as well as funny.

Eventually the news of Uro's anxiety got to the art teacher. They approached Uro in one single attempt to help.
"I heard you got a little problem with stress, Uro," they said.
"Please don't remind me. Art is my escape and I don't it ruined, too," Uro whined.
"Art won't always work. We have to find some other way of dealing with it as a back up," the art teacher pointed out.
"I like writing and acting.." Uro mumbled.
"Yes, that's good, we would think of more for those too, the more back up plans, the less likely you are to fail," the teacher grinned, "What else makes you happy?"
"Thinking of something fun I am going to do or listening to a song I like," Uro decided.
"Great. You can draw, write, or act in situations that those are possible. If you can't do those, you can think of good things and listen to your favorite song in your head. You can think of more back up plans if you like, but I think that those are a good start. Would you try them out for me?" the art teacher asked.
"Ok.. I will," Uro agreed, but only because it was his art teacher.
Uro began using those methods for anxiety and they worked. Only in really extreme cases did they fail and he began making more plans for those as well. His art teacher joked that Uro was "the man with a back-up plan".

Then came the death of his art teacher. Unexpected and horrible, it stressed Uro out more than ever before. None of his plans worked and he didn't have his art teacher to help him. He tried to stay calm, but ended up having panic attacks. When he went to art next, a new teacher handed him a note. It was in the old art teacher's ---handwriting and it said, "Dear Uro, my man with a back-up plan. Sometimes, there is no way around some forms --of [stress. It is natural. And at that point, it is ok to cry."
--That is just what Uro did. After a while, he felt better. Uro decided that crying was a good plan for if all else failed, --and thanked his art teacher, for the final piece of advice. (499 Words)
--Art extra [optional]:

--I wanna win so dang bad, this is my favorite Kalon design in the history of Kalons! Probably gonna lose, though. If --I win, this'd be my first Kalon that'd be so rad.

*If I don't win, there are few things I wouldn't do to get this Kalon, art trade, Chicken Smoothie pets, etc. (Don't have DA or FR though)
Last edited by Twilight Prince on Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 13 times in total.
╔═══════════╗

____
Call me Twili!
Lots of Fandoms
Always looking
for roleplays,
feel free to
invite me to
one by pm!

____
╚═══════════╝
Twilight Prince

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kalon #1345 -- Stressed Out :|: Entry

Postby black crow » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:13 am

☆ --- Kalon #1345 | 'Akahi
      username: grapera
      kalon name: 'Akahi - meaning anxiety; origin is hawaiian.
      how they deal with anxiety [500 word limit]: when 'akahi is feeling stressed or anxious, they count by sevens. it's like their escape. for instance: once they were sitting down in a field of flowers, feeling quite mellow when out of nowhere a small panic attack hit them. what if it rains? what is there's lightning if it rains? i don't like lightning... 'akahi looked down at a flower and saw each of its petals as a seven. they began to count each petal of as many flowers as they could until they felt better again. it works with just about anything you can count, from cereal to blades of grass or the hairs on a kalon's head.
black crow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

im losing it. this is so funny to me i don't know why

Postby carotid » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:29 am

username: carotid
    kalon name: remington - goes by remy
    how they deal with anxiety: [269 words]
    she closes her eyes. just squeezes em real tight. the people around her just go about their day, because it's not like they can see her doing it; she lets her hair flop in front of her face, and likes it that way. she trims it herself so she doesn't have to go to a hairstylist and have them judge her, which would make her all the more nervous anyways.

oh, but don't you worry one bit. that's not all. when she gets to her apartment at the end of her day and all of the daily chaos has bubbled up and gathered into one big mass of utter panic, she cooks. some people stress-bake cupcakes or cookies or sweets that would make the neighbors happy if she knocked on their door and brought over extras. no, she couldn't be normal; she stress-cooks spaghetti. ya girl was brought up italian through and through, so spaghetti isn't just a sense of comfort, but it's normal to her, it's within her comfort zone of things she can actually cook, and it won't cause any more stress.

she's also really bad at portioning, for some reason, even though she does this just about every day. soon enough in her evenings, her entire apartment smells like spaghetti, there's spaghetti sauce smeared on the counters and on the handle of the fridge and just about a billion other random places, and there's way too much spaghetti hangin' out in the strainer.

it's cool, though. she has a big appetite.
    art extra: heck ya wip

remy: tfw u get home after a long day of endless anxiety
carotid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me