Re: Parrapup #280

Postby GallopingHowl » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:46 am

Good luck to the winner
I adore this parra, so if I don't win maybe my future first parrapup and this one could me friends..
Winner can have my art if they wish, even though it does feature an item I would put on him/her
I know my form didn't feature as much writing as the others, but I did put in all effort and time
Hopefully this parra goes to a loving home <3

════♔════
- Exo -

She/Her pronouns
Practically a horse
Music freak
xxxxxxxxxx
Tolters
Characters
xxxxxxxxxx
ImageImage

GallopingHowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thou art I » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:16 pm

good luck to everyone!

listo.
"𝕴 𝖉𝖔 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍. 𝕴 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖞 𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖋𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊."
thou art I

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ege » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:53 am

And here I finally am with the results! The forms got way longer than I expected and it took me a while to actually sit down and read them all. =v=; I am very impressed with how much you guys can write :0

First of all, here is the obligatory critique on all finished forms!
    I don't mean to be too harsh qwq

As an overall thing since I saw this on many of the forms, a piece of advice I received long ago and shall now pass on to you; For long blocks of text, it's better to leave the text left-aligned than to center it. It makes it a bit easier to read ^^ ( I personally like to use [ list ] but that's not necessary xD)

2Dsan - Your formatting was a bit awkward and the text was a color that was a little hard to read. The memory fragment was interesting, but it raised a lot of questions about the character and not many answers. The end seemed a bit rushed, just skipping 4 years into the future and summarizing it with one sentence. What happened after Locket came out of his coma? How did he meet Floyd? Adding a bit more explanation to his history would have really helped your form.

vordic. - Your form was beautifully written, although it didn't give much insight to Ringo's personality. Your art was quite nice though!

Chinchillax - Your coding was pretty simple, which is not a bad thing. Just be careful with text colors, your form was readable but the purple was a little bright. The memory didn’t reveal a lot about the character, though I do feel bad for the poor guy ;v;

She Wolf Warrior - You had a well-thought out history. I liked how Everest grew throughout the story, and stopped being afraid of being who he wanted to be. I was happy to see him reconnect with Sterling and achieve his dream with his best friend at his side. I also loved the extra memories at the end of your form, particularly the “ghost” one. Your art is cute as well :3 For the longer blocks of text you could have spaced them out a bit, with images or even just leaving space between paragraphs or the like. You had a few small grammatical errors, but other than that your form was pretty solid!

LightningLoon12 - The memories did show a bit about Cleo’s character but there wasn’t a lot to it, it seemed like you only had childhood memories instead of exploring more about him as he grew.

Gold - Wow, first of all I should say that the effort you put into your form really shows! You had a lot of writing but it wasn't presented as a text wall; there was lot of quality art and nice coding to space it out and make it look good. You portrayed Una's confusion and denial at suddenly waking up with a life she didn't recognize so well, and I could really feel for her throughout the story. Una’s childhood memories made me smile, as well as her not wanting to act like an adult. Having Marsh be a part of her story really added to it as well. Overall, your form was really impressive!

Drunken Medic - I loved that you did a comic, they’re a lot easier to read than a text wall. The format of your form was pretty simple and nice, I'm not personally a fan of quote boxes but that doesn't affect judging. Your approach to the prompt, with how Ray needs reminders to remember the past, was really interesting. The relationships with Ray's friends helped show who they are as a character, but I would have liked to see a bit more info to flesh the character out.

rochester. - Your form was pretty simple. I liked how each memory had a “rank”, though I think you could elaborate on the memories so they told more of a story. As it stands, I can sort of piece together his history but it's a little disjointed.

GallopingHowl - I liked Alistair’s princely personality and the way he’s like a 'big child.' The memories were well-written and not so long as to be huge text walls. The one about chewing on his toys and about electing himself king were really cute! cx I think you may have forgotten to finish the dragon memory, as it seemed to end in the middle of a sentence. Also, the last memory didn’t seem to fit in with his childlike and gentlemanly personality in my opinion, though I suppose people aren’t the same in those situations. You had some nice art and coding, and your form looked really nice!

Vanity. - There's not much I can say other than I'm confused? I get that the first part was a nightmare and he woke up, but it was confusing how he decided to never close his eyes? I'm sorry I'm not understanding qwq

.UnforgivingReality. - Wow... Your story was really violent. A bit too violent for CS, to be honest. Your writing itself was good, it’s just the fact that Mitch almost brutally murdered his brother that throws me off. There didn’t seem to be a whole lot to his character other than that. Also you had him missing limbs, which this parra isn’t. In the future please remember not to edit your form after judging closes, I'm still commenting on your form since it was finished though uvu

And finally I wrote way too much I'm so sorry
    the new owner of this parrapup is....
    Gold! You really worked hard making a fantastic form for this girl and I know you'll take care of her.
    I'd also like to offer a runner-up to She Wolf Warrior! You also put a lot of work into your form. You may not have had as much going on visually, but the detailed history definitely makes up for it :D
    And last but not least, honorable mentions go to Drunken Medic and GallopingHowl! You two had great forms and kept me deciding for a while. ;w;

Congrats to everyone, and best of luck trying out for parrapups in the future <3
    Thank you all for trying out!
ege

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby she wolf warrior » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:00 am

ohmigosh
thank you so much gee!!
thank you so much!! I'm so honored! And congrats gold, you deserve her! I really did love all of you guys' forms, and good luck to you next time in future competitions!
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

SHE WOLF
my kalons | my plumies | my keldines | my DA | about me | th
🌸 ❤ pink present ❤ 🌸
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
“ A donde easta la bobioteca”
- wife

she wolf warrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poqqi » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:03 am

Congrats Gold and She Wolf Warrior! Fantastic forms, honestly, your new Parras will get awesome homes, I'm sure! <3

goblin gators - dA - toyhouse
discord - poqqi#7576
commissions are open
message me for details
poqqi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gold » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:14 am

Thank you so much Gee ;-; I'll take good care of her <3 and thanks for the tip about left-aligning text, I know I was guilty of that!

And congrats to SWW on the runner-up, can't wait to see how he turns out! Your story was awesome, you deserve it c:

And good luck to everyone else trying for future parras <3
she/her -- polya gay -- infp -- comrade

ImageImageImage
gold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me