Re: Staff Kalon -- Hot Chocolate

Postby Rabbit » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:30 pm

username; rabbit
name; miho
gender; male

story;

"So I know you love it when I write you letters, so I figured this would be the perfect way for me to send a message to your heart, even though it may be written in barely legible chicken-scratch.

You asked me one day, last year, why I looked so happy. You smiled as I blushed and jolted, nearly knocking my cup of hot cocoa over like a fool. I know I blurted out "winter is here," as I nervously messed with my hair, to which you commented that it was getting much longer, nearly the longest you've ever seen it before. It's been almost exactly a year since I had seen you last. You kept prodding as to why I was so happy that winter was here as if it were a secret that you just had to figure out.

Well, I guess I'm here to tell you why.
You see, it's a simple answer, not one that needs a lot of explaining, but while the answer is simple, the feelings and memories that come with it are most definitely not.

You see, sometimes people believe winter to be the end of many things, both in a literal and figurative way; but, as you know, I'm just a bit strange, and I don't see it that way. I see it as a beginning to many new things, a clean slate, a way to start fresh. Each year that winter comes along, you come back home to visit from your studies, and I can start myself afresh. Any worries or troubles I had earlier in the year just melt away, as you wouldn't know about or even care about what clothing I wore one month, who I used to date, what grades I got in that silly old man's class. I can tell you the things that make me happy and forget about the things that used to trouble me. It's like a way for me to start the soon-to-be new year with a clean state of mind. And in another way, you can do the same with me: starting fresh with a friendly face, one who wouldn't judge you for trivial things in the past, or things that you would prefer to be left at home.

People also tend to see winter as a season without colour and warmth, but honestly, to me, it's full of warmth and colour. Whenever I get to see you walk through the cafe doors, the little bell chiming as you pass through, it's like my world is blessed with a splash of colour and life. I feel the warmth as I clasp my hot cocoa just a little bit more-- or maybe that's the heat rising to my face? You always like to tease me about my tomato-red blush. Sure, the outdoors may be windy, cold, iced-over, even a little dead, but with you it only just reminds me of warm hot cocoa, sharing cozy scarves together, and the warmth of your smile as I fumble over my words yet again.

But as sad as it may be, there is one thing about winter that I'll agree with most on-- winter has to leave eventually, just like you have to return once again to your studies, far off in another country that I could only read about in books. You told me earlier that this visit would be your last, as you would begin your career there soon, and you would never know when you'd get time off again.

Truth be told, I was never truly happy that winter was here, but rather, that you were here. To me, winter was just another sign that you were coming back soon, so winter quickly became my favourite time of year; but now, that you will no longer come back, I felt that it was necessary to give you the answer that you had always wanted, about why I loved winter so much, before you left-- and took my beloved winter with you. However, maybe this time, winter would let me follow it for the rest of time, never leaving their side.

What do you say, do you think winter will let me follow them?

You know where to find me-- at our usual cafe, sipping a hot cocoa, just waiting for the bells on the door to chime as you walk in, only to snicker at my tomato-red face.

I love you, my winter.

- Your summer"

Image News BoxImage wrote:Avatar by Nishipu
Kalons
Art in signature by me (below) and Studiomaz (TH)!
Image Links Image wrote: Wife | Princess | Mont | Cinnamon Roll
Image Art Image wrote:

Click the above for my Kalons!
Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Psychxpath! » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:55 am

username; Honey Mitsukuni
name; TBN
gender; Male
story;
One cold winter morning a Kalon arose from their sleep, looking at the sun rays peeking through their blinds.

Oh, how they loved the winter, it made them grin with joy as they jumped up from their bed and pounced out of their room. They slowly made their way outside to enjoy the snow after making a warm cup of hot chocolate, their favorite drink. The snow landed in their fur as they took a seat on the porch steps, giggling and shaking the snow back off.

It was beautiful outside, the sun already beginning to melt the layer of snow that covered the ground. It was chilly but that was just perfect to this Kalon, the cold weather was much better than hot weather in their opinion. It was quiet outside, no noise aside from children laughing in the distance and the quiet blow of dead leaves falling from trees. They couldn't ward off their smile even if they wanted to, they were just so happy.

They made their way inside after a few more sips of hot chocolate and curled up on the sofa under some warm blankets, turning on the TV. They were quite pleased to see that a christmas movie was already on; Santa Buddies. They loved this movie, found it quite amusing to watch the pups on the screen wander around and try to help save Christmas.

Winter was always such a cozy time of the year, they adored it even over the warm summer weather.

Oh, how they loved winter.
[256/1000 words]
extra; xx
Last edited by Psychxpath! on Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

░░░░░
█████

𝙈𝙊𝙑𝙄𝙀𝙎
▰ ▰ ▰

Gore/Pup
He/Him
GhostFace Simp
█████
██

█████
█████
═════

MAKE
───┐
└───
x

─── 𝘱𝘴𝘺𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘴!─────────
███████
███████
███████ ██
𝘱𝘴𝘺𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘴
┌───┐

└───┘

═════MORE
CREATIVE !

Psychxpath!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cambion » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:20 pm

┌────────────────┐

x
x
x

username; shuake
name; rowan
gender; male

└────────────────┘

xSnow crunched underfoot as Rowan made his way across town, visiting all the usual places, all of which held nothing but emptiness. The cold was biting; he pushed on.

It almost seemed like he wouldn't find anything and was about to head back for the night when he heard a soft, plaintive noise. A weak cry. Rowan wouldn't have heard it if it weren't for the night's gentle silence. He swiftly made his way towards the source of the noise.

It wasn’t too far. Tucked away in an old alleyway was a lone, frail little girl. The clothes on her back were tattered and faded, barely enough to keep her warm. Rowan frowned. Such a small child shouldn't be alone in such a place. He walked further into the alley, footsteps muffled by the fallen snow.

“W-What are you doing here?” The girl’s voice sounded like glass about to break. A violent shiver racked her body, and she hugged her knees closer to her chest, weakly attempting to stave off the cold.

An overwhelming sense of sadness made seeped into his heart as she slowly looked up at him. Her eyes seemed almost hollow.

“Do you want a sip?” he said softly, proffering his drink.

“No, I’m fine,” the girl insisted weakly. “My momma will come soon. She’ll take me home.”

“Hm. I see,” Rowan sighed softly. "Do you mind if I sit with you for a while?"

The girl watched him warily, but didn't object. They both sat in silence for a while, until Rowan spoke:

“Does your momma like telling you stories?”

The girl looked taken aback by his question, but she nodded. "Yes…"

"What kind of stories does she tell?"

"All kinds of stories…" Silence, then the girl tentatively continued. "Momma told me a story once, about a princess in a tower. There were heroes who saved her from the dragon..." She trailed off, as if she was embarrassed to continue.

"That sounds like a lovely story. I bet your momma's an amazing storyteller."

"Yeah…" The girl looked like she had something more to say. Rowan sipped his drink, waiting for her to continue.

"But?"

"But they're not...her stories. She didn't make them up...they're other people's stories…" There was longing and wistfulness in her eyes. "I want to hear new stories...I want to hear a story from the person who...who makes them. But the stories that my mom tells are still good!" She added quickly.

There was a sudden spark in her eyes as she turned to Rowan. "Do you have any stories?" she demanded. As soon as the words left her mouth she seemed shocked at her own boldness. "I—you asked about stories," she mumbled. "So I thought you had some…"

Rowan smiled. "I do." A spark lit up in her eyes. "They aren't always happy, though...but they do have happy endings."

"That's okay," she said quickly. "Tell me a story. Please."

And so he did.

He spoke about pixies in the trees, glowing like fireflies in the night air. If one was especially observant, and listened well, they could sit very still in the woods at night to hear their voices and see them dance. He talked about forest spirits falling in love with mortals, adorning their homes with beautiful flowers and blessing their gardens with fertility.

The girl begged to know the little details, like the color of fairy wings, and what kind of flowers that the forest spirits like to grow. With every story told, words were skillfully woven together like threads in a beautiful tapestry, and her face grew more and more animated.

He entertained her with stories for a long while. His cup had grown cold and was forgotten, but it didn't Rowaner. Rowan smiled even warmer and answered her questions. It was past midnight, but he kept on talking, the little girl's excitement reason enough to continue.

There was a lull in his words as he concluded another tale. Looking sleepy but content, the girl leaned against him. “Please… One more story…”

“Hmm…" He thought for a few seconds. "How about... the winter ghosts?”

“Winter ghosts?”

“Yes. On cold nights like this, they’ll end up in the streets, tucked away where the light doesn’t shine. They’re pretty sad at first. But sometimes, people can hear them, and then they’ll sit down and listen to them, and they’re always so happy to have someone to sit by them. They don’t always leave. They always come back to the same spot, usually during the winter.”

“Like we are right now?”

“Sort of,” Rowan smiled. “They say that if you spend your time with them and make them happy, you’ll feel a warmth in your chest, and it’ll take the cold out of both of you.”

“So you warm their hearts... for real?”

"Yes," Rowan smiled. "They can be young kids, or old people. There's so many of them, and they all love company. The afterlife is so lonely, and they have so many different stories to tell."

“That sounds so cool!” The little girl chirped. “I wanna meet one someday! And I’ll make them very happy!” She smiled with such warmth her cheeks glowed with a rosy sheen. After a moment, they simply sat in silence, the little girl against his shoulder. And slowly, as she fell asleep, she faded into the night, the winter ghost’s heart warmed.

Rowan let a tear fall from his face before sitting up, his attention now diverted to his drink. It was probably cold, he thought. However, when he went to take a sip, it tasted just as hot as if it were freshly made.

They say warm drinks taste better with a good story people around you, even if most of your company consists of ghosts. But even ghosts deserve good company, and that’s how Rowan would spend some of his nights. Every heart warmed made him feel like winter wasn’t as cold as it made itself out to be.

[ 1000/1000 ]

might do my extra, not sure how pressed i am for time
cambion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schnuffel Bunny » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:29 am

this will end at the end of the day around 11:00 pm [pacific time]
Species Artist for:
ImageImage

My most favorite things:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Discord: Schnuffel Bunny#0531
Pokemon Unite User: Schnuffel

If you feel like chatting, don't feel shy to PM me!
      kalons - chicoons - zeus
      ▶ Adult - She/Her - August 1 🎉

Schnuffel Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby •boo• » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:39 am

username; NightMareRose
name; Cocoa
gender; Male
story;

It was cold and the wind was howling, little did Cocoa's mother know, he'd snuck outside and into the snow. Cocoa had done this every year on Christmas Eve to try and see Santa.

He still did to this very day. He's a teenager who still believes in Santa and is probably too innocent for this world as a whole. His mother hasn't been able to get him to stop doing it, so she embraced it and made it a little event for them.

She'd set a time period for about and hour where they'd have a mini stake out to look for the kal in red. Of course, they never actually spotted him, he was far too magical to be caught. Once they went inside, it has hot chocolate, a warm bath, and bed.

While it's not the most "normal" thing to look forward to for most kids in winter, this is what Cocoa's winters are all about.
Hi I'm Alois!
He/it | Scorpio | AroAce?
Depressed | Anxiety | Sleepy

Kalons | Shamkhyis | Nagalines
Lambicorns | Smoothie Chickens

Check out the CS Discord Server! Avatar ♡
•boo•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schnuffel Bunny » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:04 am

It's so cold and I just need to read some of these warm stories about the winter. Enjoyed everyone's stories it really warmed me up; so congrats to my winner and honorable mentions!

Hms;
    IronPanda_
    remy!!!
    SilentMelody
    Diamond Pet
    planiteri
    RussiannLucifer
    suds
    Rabbit
    shuake

Winner;
    rab1es
Species Artist for:
ImageImage

My most favorite things:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Discord: Schnuffel Bunny#0531
Pokemon Unite User: Schnuffel

If you feel like chatting, don't feel shy to PM me!
      kalons - chicoons - zeus
      ▶ Adult - She/Her - August 1 🎉

Schnuffel Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nermal1999 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:06 am

Oh no I forgot to post my entry!!!

Oh Well I can always save it for a nother kalon.
congratulations everyone :3

Hello I'm nermal1999

☆----------☆

(She/her ☆ Adult ☆ dyslexic)

(PTSD, Anxiety, Depression,)

Anime, Manga, Video games, TWST.
☆----------☆
This is me | Kalons | Artfight

("You guys will be fine without me here, right?"Idia Shroud )

ılılıllı▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬( ♫ )▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ılılıllı
nermal1999

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Staff Kalon -- Hot Chocolate - winner pg.5!

Postby rab1es » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:31 am

omg im,,, speechless! my first kalon, and he’s such a pretty boy! thank you so much!
rab1es

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby König » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:04 am

Congrats to rab1es!

and thanks for the HM!

𝕃𝕦𝕔𝕚𝕗𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕣 𝕁𝕠𝕙𝕟𝕟𝕪
𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕝𝕗 𝕠𝕗 𝕞𝕪 𝕤𝕦𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕪𝕟𝕒 𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕕 𝕠𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕕
He/Him | Oct. 23rd
AuDHD | CoD brain rot
𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕝𝕖𝕖𝕔𝕙 𝕀'𝕞 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕒𝕟, 𝕀 𝕘𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕟𝕕
ℍ𝕠𝕝𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕤, 𝕤𝕒𝕪 𝕀 𝕔𝕒𝕟'𝕥- 𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕀 𝕔𝕒𝕟
*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*
König

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zephara » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:16 am

Congrats and thank you for the HM!
Feel free to send over a pm or trade, I’m interested in anything that’s on my wl. I also sporadically participate in user-made adoption centers.
starskalons

What pretty flowers.

ImageImageImage
Zephara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me