Re: Batch #1992

Postby ✦ nemuri » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:27 am

oh snap i was busy yesterday and forgot to end this on time ksdjfkdf,,,, this competition is now closed!! no more editing beyond this point, and i'll judge and post the results as soon as possible ;v;
✦ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✦ nemuri » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:21 pm

apologies for the wait! i've been rather backed up with homework, and while i've taken time to read through all the entries, i haven't had time to really think about them and come to a decision until now. before i say anything else, i want to make one thing clear clear: i don't wish to see any sort of negativity concerning this viscet.

i judged this competition with two main criteria points. one was how the prompt was developed through the story you had decided to write, and how much visible effort and time had been put into the development of the viscet. everything else (coding, inner demons) were opportunities for extra cookie points, almost like extra credit on homework, but i really wanted to see how the moon played a central part in the viscet's story and what the moon truly meant to them.

first, i'd like to start off with a few shout outs.
    twigay: first off, that art piece of andromeda hugging the moon was extraordinary. i really hadn't expected her to harbour so much hate, in a sense; she wished upon the moon for misfortune to fall on her village, and i especially loved the part where she understood where she went wrong. although having the moon as a friend was an idea that i feel like was frequently used in this competition, i do think that having andromeda wish upon the moon instead of the stars to be a nice twist. you made great use of the required words and the extras allowed for the competition. i would've liked a little more emphasis on the sort of role that the moon played in the story and andromeda's decisions, but in the end, you've written a wonderful story that i'm glad that i had the chance to read.

muttgirl310: i found your story to be rather cute, with some underlying hints of suspense weaved into it. one question that kept coming to mind was why nyx wasn't allowed to go outside to the mortal world, and i was slightly disappointed when i wasn't able to find the answer to my question, despite rereading the story several times. as i've mentioned before, is very cute and i adore how you've chosen to focus on nyx's character through direct interaction with your characters, rather than having her partake in some sort of grand scheme or adventure. as much as i like the general concept of your ideas, i noticed that the moon had rarely been mentioned, and as such, i wasn't able to find out what the moon was to nyx. maybe i'm being dumb and not realizing something or maybe nyx doesn't really care for tbe moon, but as the word itself may have been mentioned roughly three or four times in the main story. since one of the points in my criteria was not met, i can only give you a shout out, despite how much i enjoyed rereading the story and seeing how nyx develops her personality.

with that, i'd like to congratulate juice box on winning hati! from start to finish, i was absolutely enthralled by her tale, and how significant the moon was to her. hati's pain of being betrayed was made apparent in the beginning and end of your form, and the character development that occurred in the story took my breath away. i really don't know what to say, your form surpassed my expectations and soared even beyond with your fantastic writing, minimalistic yet neat coding, and that piece of art that you had drawn. the elements in your form melded together and flowed smoothly; i was overall very impressed by what you had decided to come up with.

thank you so much to everyone who had decided to try out!! ;w;
✦ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Virixin » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:28 pm

Oh gosh. Thank you soo much, kaede! <33
    I can't wait to add Hati to my au completely now and to develop her even further!

This competition truly made me nervous. Everyone had great forms!!
    Good luck to everyone else in future competitions <33
Virixin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yugi » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:33 am

Congratulations, Juice!!! <3