Re: Kalon #1345 -- Stressed Out

Postby apprentice_ » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:30 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    username: rainichi
    kalon name: leander ,, "ander"
    how they deal with anxiety:

he hates the ocean.

there’s tranquility in the moments between. a sense of calm, like nothing can go wrong. sometimes, there’s a warning. black clouds in the distance, the rumble of thunder, of the speeding pulse within. other times, it’s sudden. the pang of lightning in a clear sky and so forth does the rain beat down so terribly. it’s hard to stand. the waves steer the boat and speak that this is the path. and they yell louder when they don’t get their way. they turn violent, and they drag their victim beneath. the sailor’s voice is taken. his voice is taken. he can’t move. no one who reaches will ever reach far enough. and so he hates the ocean.

if there’s a way to quiet the storm, he hasn’t found it. to do so is a task beyond his control. he can follow the carassing of the currents and turn, or he can face the storm. he can clamp his trembling hands together, and press himself against his chair, and come out half drowned, barely breathing. or he can run.

he can’t stop it. his fingers are chilled, his head is too hot, he’s thinking too much but hearing nothing and his throat hurts and it’s too loud and it’s too much and yet—

the sun sets. he lifts his head, peers through his hair, and just one more time, he’s made it to the other side. he doesn’t know how. he can barely remember. through all the fidgeting and the rushing blood, he finds himself nowhere but in the serenity of the stars. because when the sky’s candles begin their show each night, he paints stories.

that is orion, and he was a hunter. the best of them, he claimed, and so for his insolence his fate was brought to him by a scorpion’s sting. and that is gemini, the tale of the bond between two sons. one a man, the other a god, but came one’s death, the other followed.

there is one called aquila, a bird whom carries zeus’ own bolts. ander likes to think, someday, this bird will come through for him, and turn the storm away. or perhaps it’s not zeus’ bird he should ask to help, but poseidon’s horses— regardless, he’ll find them in the sky and in the stories he paints.

and he thinks, if the stars were visible always, would they help him through the day? but maybe, in their own way, they already do. because while the ocean is ever changing and unpredictable, he knows that day and day again,

he’ll find the same constellations. he can return to them. he will return to them. when his heart’s been racing and his lungs overworked, their stories will let him rest.

he loves the stars.

also he thinks abt his friends and dumb memes

[ 474 words ]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by apprentice_ on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
apprentice_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bloth Hoondr » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:16 pm

username: Lloril
kalon name: Kaphowaya
how they deal with anxiety [500 word limit]:
art extra [optional]:

Res!
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇Image

☆Species Storage☆
▇|▇Image
▇|▇Image
Bloth Hoondr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kanadensis » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:18 pm

username:
kalon name:
art extra [optional]:

Good luck all!
Last edited by kanadensis on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kana/KB | She/Her xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx THcommsmy kalons
( - - - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx avatarsig )
xxxna for kalons | open: questions | closed: growth approvals, myo approvalsxxxxx
kanadensis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Half Tree » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:42 pm

username: Half Tree
    kalon name:
    how they deal with anxiety [500 word limit]: destructive fidgeting, He fidgets with random small items until they are broken beyond repair. wip
    art extra [optional]:

════════════════════════════◈════════════════════════════

....................................................INFP - she/her - critical role fan

...........................................................kalons - tolters - collies
...........Image

════════════════════════════◈════════════════════════════

Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby watts » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:26 pm

username: naomi !
kalon name: stephen
Last edited by watts on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

rpnt watts ; polyfrag DID system

it/they

apex legends || icon (c) tinivy @ tumblr
watts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mars » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:00 am

username: ➳ palla   kalon name: ortega   art extra [optional]: wip !!

how they deal with anxiety [246/500]:

ortega uses one thing to help him cope with his anxiety: ice packs, and lots of them at that. it would seem that his case is a bit odd; his anxiety often causes extreme hot flashes and bouts of nausea from his near-constant stress and worry, and without any medication to help him feel better, ortega has turned to the next best thing that he could find. it's cheap and easy, and hey, whatever works, right?

placing the ice packs under his chin, arms, and legs during a hot flash, ortega takes deep breaths as the cold penetrates his skin, helping him to relax and cool back down at the same time. these spells can last anywhere from five minutes to an hour so he's created a system that allows him to always have ice packs at the ready, with one set tucked safely away in his freezer while the other is being used. because of this, there's always a fresh, cold set available if he needs a second after his first has cooled down again! if he must go out and about, ortega brings a small, insulated container with him to keep an ice pack in for the few hours until he returns home again just to be safe.

although not as effective as medications and certainly something that takes up a lot of freezer space, ortega wouldn't trade his ice packs for anything! well...besides his anxiety disappearing. he would certainly appreciate that, I'm sure.

화성 여성 레즈 감각처리장애 + 광장공포증

hi !! I'm mars, a gal with spd + agoraphobia.
I frequent the oc + adoptables side of cs.

my interests rn include genshin, skz,
learning languages, and drawing !! :3c

my cs inbox is full so please chat w/ me
on discord @ mars_v_e

나는 네가 자랑스럽다. 계속 최선을 다하거라 ♡

mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wriolette enjoyer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:04 am

username:
kalon name:
art extra [optional]:

res/ wip
he/him, adult, into genshin impact.

i occasionally pop in time to time to see what's new.
i do not trade my pets.
wriolette enjoyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby witchcrafting » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:27 am

username: Vagabond :: kalon name: Dolly 'Rabbit' Jones

I tend to pay attention to situations that spike my anxiety--whether it's getting feedback, writing important emails, being put on the spot, or starting the day with a messy desk.

I keep a journal to document observations and look for patterns.
Meditation, stretching, calling a friend, or going for a walk are all great solutions I've found to deal with those reoccurring triggers.

I’m also a big fan of Box Breathing, a method used by the Navy SEALS that involves slow, controlled breathing. It’s inconspicuous and many of my coaching clients use it during meetings or high-pressure situations when they feel anxiety coming on.
Last edited by witchcrafting on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
• George • He/They • Funnee Block Men Enjoyer
TH

witchcrafting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MapleNeko » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:11 am

username:
kalon name:
art extra [optional]:
Marking!
╔════════════════════════════════╗
▰▰ My WME Herd ▰▰
Click us!
ImageImageImageImage

Hey there! my names Mapleneko and im your typical Uni student <3 I absolutely adore animals with anything aquatic, feathered or feline being my favorite! I'm an Axolotl mom and breeder so please feel free to msg me if you want to know more about the silly critters.
Entomology Minor (bugs are life)
the anime is Akatsuki no Yona btw!

╚═══════════════════════════════╝
MapleNeko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peach punk. » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:19 am

username: - lane bøy -
kalon name: feargus
how they deal with anxiety [500 word limit]: feargus often panics from stress. he is very worried kalon, and the smallest things can trigger an attack. when an attack strikes him, he normally has to cut himself of from anybody. really the only way to help with an attack for him is to watch wildlife. when he starts panicking, he'll look up videos of forests and animals, or watch birds fly around outside. the feel of the freedom that animals have help calm him down quite a bit.
art extra [optional]: n/a

|heyy!|he/they|virgo|bi|enfp-t|
|my name is jack and i want to eat the rich|
|i'm kinda good at art and music|mother mother|blink-182|mcr|
|art shop|
|heavely desensitized|
|i'm here for a good time, not a long time.|
---
|find me at; |da|ig|twitter|toyhou.se|artfight|team cyberpunk
peach punk.

My pets
My items