"what're you doing?!" at them. They calmly stop what
they're doing, a necklace around their middle finger as
they stick their hands up. "Turn around!" I yell shakily,
reaching for something to defend myself with. "I wouldn't
try that, love," a soft but icy voice says. I stop what I'm
doing for a moment's time, my eyebrows knitting
together. I go to grab something again, and I hear something
fly by my head. I let out a breath, looking at the wall
behind me and seeing my shirt pinned back by a knife.
The person turned around then, a smile adorning her
face. She raised her brows, "dangerous game you're
playing here," she said with a chuckle, looking to the necklace
that was still around her middle finger. She looked back
at me with a deviant smile-pulling out a knife. I
gulp as she approaches me, putting it to my throat.
"I was never here, okay?" Her bright yellow eyes stared
into mine, no emotion there. Her voice was creepily calm
"Got it?" she pressed it a bit into my skin. "Y-yes." I replied.
She removed some of the pressure. "Say it." I looked away
from her gaze, "you were never here." She gave a smile and
removed the knife from my throat, grabbing the one that
had me pinned back. I could see the jewelry she had taken
from me in her pocket, but I didn't dare try to get it. I
watched as she dropped from my window and into the
darkness, and I thought I'd never see her again...

Until one day, I decided to join the guild of thieves we
had in town, a year later. I had lost my job and everything
I owned. I was walking away from my house for the last
time, and a man had bumped into me. I growled a "hey!"
and he stopped, turning to look at me and gave me a
smile, pointing at his pocket and walking away. I checked
my pocket, and there was a letter telling me where to
go if I wanted money, riches and a place to live. So, of
course, I went.When I arrived, she was the first person to
spot me. I was terrified, and she could tell. She walked
straight up to me, and my heart started to race. She gave
a wink, smiling at me. "Nice to see you again, kid." There
was a hint of warmth in her voice-something I thought I
would never hear from her. After that, we became
best friends, but she would still tease me about
our first meeting occasionally.

art;;
here it is!!

Last edited by petrify on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
petrify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: kalon #1202

Postby kyum- » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:43 pm

i hope it's fine that 'i' am not human, but her future animal companion.

username; kyum-
      name; kala.
      gender; female.

story;
      it was a normal spring day - birds chirping, sun shining, flowers blooming. i cried for my mother to feed me, feed me more than you'd feed my brothers and sisters. except she wasn't there to listen to my calls. she'd left some time ago to hunt, but well, hunger called. a long time ago, in fact. the sun had cycled once, and yet mother did not return to us.

in my impatience (i could not understand yet about death; i had just known 'survive'), i wiggled from the nest, from the warmth of my siblings. as soon as i'd popped from between them, the gap had been filled. without a care for me, they continued crying for mother. it brought a scowl to my baby face, but no matter. i'd survive.

wiggling my rump in a huff, i walked myself towards the edge of our nest, climbing over the sticks that kept us in. a slight misstep, however, led to myself tumbling over and out, and i was soon falling. i was falling, falling towards the ground that ever came closer. i was too young, yet to fly; i wouldn't survive this. i would've cursed my ill fate at that time, had i known any profane words - although, i suppose it wasn't all that bad. especially so as if that had not occurred, i wouldn't be here today with someone i would call my partner.

as i shut my eyes, waiting in dread for the awful pain that would come, there was a flash of brown and the sound of clothes rustling. seconds to hitting the ground, soft paws cupped below me, lowering as i hit to slow my fall. i laid there on those warm, leathery pads for a couple more seconds doubtfully, before allowing finally for an eye to open. and then the next, wide as apples as sharp fangs belonging to a hairless kalon donning a hood.

i was so stunned, i couldn't let out a single peep, let alone move.

but then the kalon shut her lips into a smile, and looked up towards my nest. just as she began to approach the tree's trunk in order to climb, i screeched as loudly and defiantly as i could, forcing myself back onto my feet. there was an expression of shock and puzzlement then, as she watched me carefully. then with a series of chatters and growls, she seemed to be asking me something.

presumably about what i wanted.

i chirped in reply several times, that i wanted food, that mother hadn't come home.

when she tilted her head to the side, i then realised she couldn't understand me, like how i couldn't understand her. i began to gesture with a wing pointed into my open beak. that seemed to click into her mind, her eyes sparkling suddenly. with a nod, she pointed at me with a free hand, then walked her index and middle finger to her shoulder which she patted twice. the meaning was easy enough. i followed her instructions, perching onto her shoulder comfortably.

we weren't quite sure what mother fed me. every time she pointed at something, i would shrug at her. we'd encountered a kalon or two in our little quest, but every time we did, the hooded kalon would hesitate, before silently going about with our adventure. it was questionable to me. for whatever the reason it was, i would find out later in the future.

it wasn't until i myself stepped up to ask the next kalon we'd met. getting my kalon friend to approach them was difficult; she refused to go until i had threatened to peck at her with my still (strangely) intact egg tooth. another challenge had emerged immediately after, however, as i was unable to speak kalon-tongue. i tried a couple probably strange gestures before the kalon finally understood with a laugh, and spoke in quick chatters to my kalon friend. as if overwhelmed, her eyes were wide and her nods were stiff. i could feel her shoulders tense under my claws. she seemed to have entered a state of shock, and even minutes later, could barely recover.

i was well-fed by sundown. satisfied, i laid my wing on my stomach, and leaned towards the kalon's cheek in a thankful nuzzle.
      she chattered whilst eyeing me with a smile, and although i couldn't understand her words, i had a feeling she was teasing me.
      scowling, i did as i threatened, and she gasped at my rebellion. we both knew it didn't hurt much though; i would never hurt my benefactor.

she brought me back to the nest, looking at me with slight regret. i, too, did not want to leave. it had only been one day, but this was an experience i would never forget. with some solemn chirps, i attempted to ask her to visit sometimes, if she had to go home.
      she obviously did not understand, as she tilted her head, spoke softly as she tickled the top of my head, then climbed the tree to return me. she didn't forget to first feed my siblings, the kind girl, before she gave me one last smile and made her way home. it was disheartening to see her leave.

but not for long, as for when i awoke the next day, a kalon in a brown hood lounged beneath our tree, a book in paw. and she would come again day after day with our meals in hand, until i was one day ready to leave home, and travel the world with her together.
currently wip (or forever idk)
but have a gif of my day6 boys <3
kyum-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

XLII. lost in time

Postby néktar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:56 pm

username;
    name; batya
    gender; female (?)
    story;

- lost in time
    - understands 8 different languages + lost ones
    - speaks with a heavy egytian accent
    - gaining trust through artifacts/history
    - when speaking fast/urgently speaks in hattic (lost egyptian language)

username néktar | name batya | gender female
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

মি

শে

__

다.

__

ہوں

گیا

کھو

میں

__

אבוד

אני

__

i

a
m

l
o
s
t

__

do you trust me?
i stared at it, hands shaking. it was broken, busted, there on the floor in front of me. i swear i felt my soul leave
my body in that moment, the pure sound of shattering glass. what do i do now? i have to move quickly but my mi
nd was stuck, like a broken record refusing to continue a song. which, incidentally, was what was happening to t
he record player in the front of the store. then all of a sudden i took a breath and my knees hit the floor, my han
ds going to the pieces laying on the floor. grabbing them gently with my fingers but at a quick pace. the store ow
ner was bound to be back at any moment and i had no funds to pay for this piece. my heart was racing a million
miles an hour, and i couldn't even think straight. as i picked up the final piece i heard the front door open with a
little generic jingle of the bell. i panicked at that point and grabbed the last piece quickly, causing the sharp ed
ge to graze my palm and cut quite deep. i looked around for something, anything, to hide my mess, i saw a lone
sitting rug and simple shoved the remnants of the porcelain feline, i winced as the large glass piece left my hand.
i looked down and noticed my bleeding palm, at this time the store owner had spotted me and held a blank stare;
her mouth opened and she said a simple, "how may i help you?" in a thick accent that i couldn't place. i raised my
hands and waved them opening, forgetting about my cut and bleeding palm. "oh no, no thank you!" at this mome
nt she, at least i think as she was dressed from head to toe in a black cloak of sorts, approached me and grabbed
my hand which was cut and bleeding. "you are hurt.. allow me to bandage you." she spoke softer now. the figure
turned away and went towards a back room behind the counter; leaving me to stand there sweat slowly dripping
down my face and my feet fidgeting underneath me.

text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text
text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text

Last edited by néktar on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 9 times in total.
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waffle02 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Oooo love this idea! Reserve if have time (hopefully)!
♪♫♪My Characters and Adopts
♪♫♪ Art Shop - OPEN
♪♫♪My JBDs
♪♫♪ My Kalons

ImageImage
waffle02

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mintu1 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:02 pm

Mark! I hope I will have time to try out for this kalon <3
Slowly getting back into CS after being on a 2 year hiatus, nice to meet you all again!
Mintu1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trphlthdl » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:15 pm

Enzo | Male

Last edited by Trphlthdl on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trphlthdl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatPinkThing » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:49 am

username; ThatPinkThing
    name; Milo
    gender; agender, masculine (they or he pronouns)
    story; (from the perspective of my kal Astrid)

You know when someone's watching you, and you know when you're in danger, so it's more odd when those two things don't overlap.

Every day for the past two weeks as I walk to work, I swear this kalon with a cloak of all things has been around in some sense. In the window of a café, waiting at the crosswalk, or sitting at a bench in the park. I wouldn't take notice of it usually, since other kals live here, duh. But somehow, somehow, every time I look at them... their eyes are already looking at me.

I've never felt afraid of them (even with their... rustic choice of clothing). They always have a soft smile, or they look away and appear to just daydream. I wonder if perhaps they have empath abilities like me, and is just enjoying feeling everyone around them, but that doesn't seem to fit.

See, when they daydream, or even when they're smiling, they're sad. I have no idea what about, but they don't seem to want any help, so I keep to myself. Until today.

I was walking in a hurry, my eyes watching the ground for the place where the sidewalk is uneven. I never reached it though, because someone else tripped over it and fell into me. They scrambled as I tried to help them steady themself-- it was like they weren't used to being touched. I retracted my paw and looked up, because I recognised that bald paw near mine. Once again, their eyes were meeting mine.

This time, though, they were wide and startled. The kalon took a step back, flustered. "I'm so sorry," they said, "I didn't mean to-"

"Of course not, it's no problem," I assured them. I paused before taking my chance. "I've seen you around for awhile now, but I don't know your name. Mine's Astrid." I offered, hoping to entice them to trade names. It worked.

"My name's Milo. It's nice to meet you, Astrid," they said softly, as if istill cautious. I tilted my head and gestured for them to come if they wanted. To my surprise (and delight), the bald kalon walked next to me.

"So why all the watching, Milo?" I asked. Milo blushed, embarrassed. I shook my head. "I'm not judging! I was just curious."

"No, it's fine, I just, uh..." Milo searched for the right words. "I like fur." They closed their eyes and made a face, feeling stupid for the words they chose.

"Can you elaborate?" I giggled, even more intrigued.

Milo nodded, glad to explain themself. "I'm sure you noticed I don't have any fur. I love how it looks though, so I like to watch other kals and their pretty patterns." They said dreamily, relaxing a bit. "Bright colors, soft ones, ones that blend and stark, elaborate designs. Everyone's so individual."

"Well. I'm sure you're very pretty yourself under that cloak," I said as I arrived at the studio. "See you tomorrow, Milo?"

Milo smiled sheepishly. "Sure, see you tomorrow."

edit: writing revisions, grammar correcting
Last edited by ThatPinkThing on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
x
x
x
x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

you can call me Kels or Pink - she/her - adult

my kalons
🏡 toyhou.se🏡
✏️ commissions✏️

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Areater » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:14 am

mark w/ homeless thief that gives food to children sometimes but keeps to herself otherwise that au ambrose & son befriend when she tries to steal from them (they give her some food because ambrose knows what it's like to have to steal to eat)

- medieval au
- blind in one eye
- named amani maybe?
- feminine nonbinary (she/her or they/them) teenager
- was religious, now agnostic
- used to dream of being a knight or royal guard but now hates anything related to royalty

username -- areater
    name -- amani
    gender -- feminine nonbinary -- she/her or they/them
    story -- "mom, can you tell me the story again?" her mother handed her a bowl of broth and a hunk of bread and smiled. "sure, sweetheart."

wip obv
Last edited by Areater on Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:53 am, edited 7 times in total.
Areater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby parker; » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:46 am

mark.
parker;