Re: Kalon #802 - Open

Postby eltonn » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:35 am

Username: seedcakes
Name: Dust Carnagee
What is his/her favorite flower and why: Dust has a strange love for magnolias. When he was a child, his mother used to always have a bush growing in their yard. He loved to play near the bushes as a child. One day, he put one in his hair and then forgot about it until he went to school. When he arrived, he had no idea why everyone was glancing at him and snickering to their friends, until a peer had asked him why he was wearing a flower. Dust didn't mind the attention, and opted to leave the flower in his hair. The next day, he came to school wearing the magnolia again. Dust made a habit of always having a magnolia in his hair, and ended up becoming known as 'The Magnolia Boy' in his school. He is happy to answer any questions about it as well! Many ask him if he had a Chinese background, but he's actually Transylvanian. Furthermore, his hair smells like magnolias because he wears them so much!
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dandelion

Postby The Worst Username » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:23 am

Ambrosia/Female
The Worst Username
314 words

I stop short on the path and look down at the ground. Stringy, yellow grass springs up from opposite sides of the earthen trail; all of it died a long time ago. Exposure to the elements, perhaps. A lack of sun. Need for water with no rain, maybe. Maybe these little fragile things just gave up on life and decided it was better to die than try to eke out an existence here in the harsh mountains. Who knows? Who cares?

What I’m interested in is right in the center of the grass, jumping out of the dry, frail patch of foliage like a singer jumping to the front of the stage with backup dancers right behind her. This singer is not a singer, however, but a dandelion. The dandelion is my favorite flower. The one right in front of me boasts gorgeous green leaves on her stem, and on her head, a crown of near-luminescent yellow petals.

If you crack open a book—and I suggest that you do so, one of these days—you’ll find that the dandelion is not a native. Native plants like swamp grasses and birch trees, they fit perfectly, but the dandelion? She is an outsider. An immigrant. The dandelion was brought here to America centuries ago by European settlers, and she stayed here, scraping out a living wherever she could find it. She lives everywhere from fertile forests to unwelcoming mountains like this one. The dandelion is hardworking, and that’s what I love about her.

She’s as pretty as an orchid but can live up here, while a frail orchid would wither and die within days. The dandelion, like the rat, can live anywhere, but while rats are ugly and hide in the shadows, the dandelion is as resplendent and glowing as the sun herself. She can do anything, and she does it with a smile.

Good luck!
Last edited by The Worst Username on Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby happysparrow » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:24 pm

Username:
happysparrow
Name:
Nymphaea
What is his/her favorite flower and why:
Nymphaea has an immense love for water lilies. Not only does he love them for their grace and beauty, but he found it wondrous and awe inspiring that a flower could grow in such an environment! Was it not drowning in the large amounts of water it swam in? Yet the flower grows of it's circumstance. Nymphaea finds that inspiring - no matter what circumstance he finds himself in, he can still grow and be a positive light for others. He could survive, and thrive, wherever life placed him. Because of this, he keeps a small pond of water lilies outside his home, and enjoys sketching them as well. (108/500)

oh nooo I fell even more in love with him when I drew him! ;A; no matter who wins, however, I would be honored if they kept the art I made!! <3
Last edited by happysparrow on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
happysparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ash.e » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:58 pm

Username: Richmc
Name: Lilly Bell
What is his/her favorite flower and why:

She loves Lily of the Valley for the unique bell shape. They come in white, light pink, and many other colors. She loves watching the lilies catch the dew drops as they fall from the trees surrounding them. All of her favorite memories started with these soft bells. It starts with a boy, his heart was black and his past was cold. He knew nothing. His lack of words made it an everyday struggle to make friends. She ran into him one day... In a field of lilies off the valley. He seemed intrigued by her movements and unknown language. "Oh, hello." She said. Waiting for a response, only to get a curious, wide eyed, boy... This happened for days and days until the girl noticed how quiet he was. And soon began to visit him, teaching him, playing with him, and showing him things he had never seen. They met everyday in that same field. "I do not see" The boy said, stuttering slightly. He pointed at a rock and smiled. The girl was confused and just giggled. "I'm afraid I don't understand." She smiled. He furrowed his brow and looked away, trying to think. "Ah! Rock. Names. Us." He smiled, hoping he used the words correctly. She smiled and walked to the rock that sat in the field. "One day, I will carve our names here. But you must learn to speak proper first." She smiled. Everyday started with a Lily. And for the next few years non the less. Time flied and well, soon enough the boy was laughing and speaking in full sentences. "Hey.. Remember when you said, we would carve our names on the rock if I learned to speak?" He smiled at the girl, his long black hair covering his dark blue eyes. "Well of course!" She stood and skipped to the rock, pulling her pocket knife and slowly carving into the rock. Again, years went by, and there friendship grew into love. "I love you." The boy said as the rain dripped onto the lilies. "I love you too." she smiled and watched hi, waiting for his next move. He kissed her without hesitation. 2 more years passed and they where now 16. Her father, had been planning to move. She ran to the field on late night and saw the boy, head down and slouched slightly. She ran too him with tears. "I'm sorry... I have to go..." She whined as he held her, taking every second of the time left. Not wanting to let it go he pulled a lily from the ground and placed it in her hair. "Every time you see a lily... You are looking at me. My smile, my hair, my eyes. You will grow up, just like these lilies, and teach them to grow with water as you taught me too." He planted one final kiss on her lips before closing his eyes and letting time slip. "Never be sad for what's over, be glad that it was yours once..."
Last edited by Ash.e on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

✶ 🎀 - 𝒜 𝓈 𝒽 . 𝑒 - 🎀 ✶
- 𝒮𝒽𝑒/𝐻𝑒𝓇 -
- 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝑒𝓃 -

ς๏๓๓เรรเ๏ภร ๏קєภ
Ash.e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ kaleo ]

Postby rainswept. » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:06 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬☼▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    i. kaleo mahelona ii. male iii. eighteen years iv. oahu,
    hawaii
    v. bisexual vi. 1/4 chinese, 3/4 hawaiian

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬☼▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

kaleo's favorite flower is the white pikake, or the island pikake. his parents are botanists in hawaii, selling and growing dozens of species of flowers. kaleo has had exposure to nearly all the native hawaiian flowers, but his favorite ever since he was ten is this little white specimen.
    -
    pikake flowers are commonly used as leis in hawaii. after learning this bit of trivia, kaleo has often made fresh leis with the white pikake, although they tend to dry out after a while. he also loves experimenting with herbs and other flowers with the pikake to make tea, fragrances, and essential oils. occasionally, his parents see potential in one of these experiments and puts them up for sale in their flower market.
    -
    the white pikake also has a emotional significance for kaleo; this flower is loosely tied to his coming out story.
    -
    [kaleo's pov]
    i didn't feel right. maybe it was time. no, no. they'll freak. clouds drifted by. i swallow. i'd rather not, but i have to.
    i drag my feet as my home nears. i can already see the baby blue walls, the white roof. i know my parents are home. stop overthinking. i breath in. once. twice. i try not to throw up. the door is in front of my face before i know it. i open it.
    "hi, kaleo!" my parents say in unison, "how was school?"
    i inhale sharply, and words are already pouring out of my mouth before i can stop them. am i really doing this?
    it looks like i am.
    "momdadithinkimgaywaitnoimnotgayimbiasinbisexualimsososorrypleasedontdiscriminate," i say. well. that was quick. but they're looking at me, their mouths ajar. did they even hear me? i run to my room, traumatized. i shut the door quietly, and burrow my head into the vase of hydrangea on the nightstand. i inhale the scents and nearly choke. not my favorite flower, but that's alright. there is a knock on my door, an uncertain tok. tok. tok. i flinch and walk slowly to the door, but it opens before i reach it.
    "kaleo? honey, we love you no matter what, you know? we always will." it's my mother, my father trailing behind her. he looks stricken and dazed. i probably do too. but it's all okay in the end, because we have a group hug, parents comforting me, murmuring words of support. a little too cheesy for my liking, but i can't complain. i've actually done it.
    -
    the next day i find a bouquet of pikake in front of my door, wrapped in a simple brown paper. i reach out and pick it up; there is a note. it says:

kaleo
    we know this is your favorite favorite FAVORITE flower. what does this bouquet mean, though? it means that YOU have not changed, even if you are different than before. you'll still love these flowers, we'll still love you. i hope that made sense.
    love from mom and dad

i smile. my parents are amazing. also, i really do love pikake.

[500/500]
Last edited by rainswept. on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rainswept.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jiㅤ » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:16 pm

Username: isoidemizu
Name: Sage
What is his/her favorite flower and why: (max of 500 words. 136/200!)
ImageSage was a stay-home teen. She loves the frisk waves, mountain views, and pines that are placed neatly in front of her home! Sages favorite part are the teal Calla Lilies that grow around the bay. Sage and her family lived beside the bay a couple of years ago, until a storm came quickly, a supercell. Sage and her brother escaped, thankfully. They went back a few days after to find a wreckage of wood, stone, and finally their mum. Sage cried for days after burring her mother beside the first blooming Calla lilies. Sage made a large bouquet and planted them all along the bay. Sage's brother moved to the city, Sage decided her heart was set in the mountains. Every spring, she plants new Calla lilies as she lives in a new, stronger home.
Last edited by jiㅤ on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
quit!!! contact me on discord (ji#6238)
jiㅤ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guzma » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:30 pm

Whoops I've got no time to finish this.
Last edited by Guzma on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___
━━━━━━━━━━━━━《 the sun will rise...
...and we will try again 》━━━━━━━━━━━
i'm nai. a bit more on the casual side in terms of
trading. we're more focused on trying to
collect
all of the Halloween pets.
Guzma

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jumu » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:55 pm

yeah no thank you
Last edited by jumu on Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
──────────────────────────
jay - lil gay - boring - 1% active - formerly lioth

trying to make myself into someone better
if you knew me in any way before uhhh im sorry

interests
ult joohoney, mx, nct, skz, svt // bjds and art dolls
fat cats, fluffy dogs, shrooms // drumming n music
bad jokes // vegan food // movies // jfashion

──────────────────────────
jumu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:20 pm

name; Cecil
traditional name meaning; behind the name
gender; male
favorite flower; lupins(lupines)

........................................................................................................................................
lupins & him; {490/500}
    The lake spread out endlessly before him, his tiny paws just barely in the water.His nose was overwhelmed by the scent of the sweet flowers that grew to the edge of the small beach, so much so that he could hardly smell the saltwater mixed into the lake's gentle waves.He looks around to see who is there and finds his mother tending the lupins.

With a smile he leaps into his little sailboat, a soft breeze ruffling his hair.He looks at his mother again, sees her smile and nod, and then carefully unties himself from the small dock.

.............................................................................................................................................................

His heart hammers in his chest, as loud as thunder, as a storm rolls in from the sea.It was coming quickly, frighteningly so, and he would not be able to make it home in time.He was older now, but even so his mother worried. With slightly teary eyes he looks for the nearest stretch of shore.

Upon finding it - a stretch of sand with trees behind it - he sails that way immediately.The winds change, but he doesn't deviate from his course.Instead he rolls down his sails and begins to row the distance to safety and protection.

The terror of the storm continues for days, tearing apart his sturdy boat as he is forced to retreat deeper and deeper into the wood.He was thoroughly lost on the direction home, and his lips quivered as he sang shanties his father had taught him long ago when he was just a kit.

.............................................................................................................................................................

He felt like he had been lost forever, disoriented, wandering the thick evergreen forest alone.He couldn't smell the lake over the pine trees, and neither could he see it for the density of the undergrowth.A few tears hung in his eyes.The lake was going to be how he found his way home again, but now he had nothing.

Suddenly, in the distance, he can make out pink and purple plants scattered in the trees.Hope lights in his heart and he starts running to them, uncaring of the pain in his paws from stepping on rocks and thorns.The lupins would guide him home!That was all that mattered.

After a week of being lost he finds his home, the little cottage by the lake, the structure surrounded by lupins.He smiles in relief and calls out for his mother.She appears moments later from inside, and then they are running to each other.He gives her the tightest hug he's ever given anyone, and she returns it in full, crying tears of joy onto his shoulder.

He feels his own tears light in his eyes and smiles.The lupins, his childhood joy, had brought him back to the safety of his mother's home and away from the call of the sea.He knew he would still sail, but he would always remember the lupins, and they would always guide him home.

........................................................................................................................................
personal name meaning

My grandfather, who used to serve in the Navy, is named Cecil.
This may not be inspired by a naval uniform but it still reminds
me of the sea and of him, so I wanted to name this beautiful
Kalon after him. Where I live the ocean and sailing or boating
are a big part of our lives. To have a reminder of a grandfather
who takes me to the coast and goes boating with me and my
siblings is something I would cherish, because we all only have
so long. I've lost a lot and dread losing him.

{99/100}

personality

Cecil is a friendly, fun-loving Kalon with a childish nature and a
big heart. He loves spending time outdoors, especially near the
water or in his garden full of lupins. He doesn't have many
friends due to growing up in the middle of nowhere, but he's a
very sociable guy and loves meeting new people. He has times
when he seems a bit melancholy, but these are rare because he's
a very optimistic fellow. He's also very in-tune with nature due to
spending a childhood outside in the fresh air and learning to sail
and garden from his parents.

{99/100}

Last edited by Weeping_Angel }Y{ on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:42 am, edited 7 times in total.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

The Pumpkin Queen | ∑a∂ µa††er | DolphinGirl4Ever
Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinsea » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:49 pm

Username: silvericycat
Name: Joey
What is his/her favorite flower and why: His favourite flower is Magnolia. The mild scent calms him down and the beautiful white petals remind him of his childhood.
Rinsea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me