Re: kalon #801 - koi cantaloupe

Postby jiㅤ » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:15 am

username; isoidemizu
name; Cisco
gender; Female
prompt; (239 / 400)
"AND... CISCO WINS THE SEMI-FINALS OF THE STATE SWIMMING SQUAD!" The announcer put to the cheering crowed. Cisco crawled out of the pool, her shine rippling as she flicked it dry. Before she could blink, Cis was surrounded by reporters. Her coach quickly waved her over. "Good job there, Cisco! Remember that your team will be cheering you on the whole way!!" He smiled. Cisco was part of a State Swimming Squad, the biggest swimming club in the area! Cisco always had a thing for swimming, though she doesn't look the part! Her coach pushed her towards the change rooms. "Go on! You leave early in the morning!" He chuckled as Cisco began to braid her hair back into a bun.
"Bye Cisco! See ya Cisco! Good luck in finals!" Her team-mates bided her a fare-well that next morning. Cis clipped her bronze rose pin into her hair, waving as the bus departed around the curb. Wow.. Ive come so far... She whispered out on the raining sky. its really a miracle I'm even here, considering- Cisco stopped as she looked down her tail. considering how rude and ungrateful my parents are.. She said as Cis looked apon the other kalons in the bus, all with normal patterns. She was born royal, until she ran away with a friend for her aspiring career. All of that's over, don't fret Cisco. That's all in the past,, She whispered as her eyes slowly fell into a deep sleep.
quit!!! contact me on discord (ji#6238)
jiㅤ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

────⊱ ARIENA ❞

Postby lyxa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:20 am

x
x
x
x
x

↳ ↳ LET ME WATCH OVER YOU .

● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●
╔═══════════════╗
ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ ▹ lyxa
ɴᴀᴍᴇ ▹ Ariena Ryenzo (Ari)
ɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ▹ Female

╚═══════════════╝

↳ ↳ LET ME BE YOUR PROTECTION .

╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

After witnessing the death of a koi fish, Ari swore that the koi emblazoned on her tail would become an emblem of protection.

The gentle burbling of a streamlet tickles my ears, shards of sunlight scattered among the ripples. Light from the afternoon sun filters through the lush canopy of leaves overhead, casting flickering shadows across the ground. The air is perfumed with the fragrance of flowers that radiate the essence of summer. Each step, muffled by the rich soil beneath my paws, carries me closer to the grove of shifting water and light. Koi flit in and out of sight under glare of the sun against the pond. As I wade farther in, a glistening fish glides over my feet, brushing me with its sleek tail. The shine on my tail seems to blaze brighter, fondness lighting a tender light in my eyes.
Hoots of laughter rise over the murmur of the pond and I squint at a pair of kalons splashing in the water. The female grips a large spade and the male holds a large bucket that thumps against his forelegs as he picks his way through the shallows, careful not to step on jagged stone shards. The silhouette of something fills the tub almost to the brim.
Splash! I nearly lose my footing on the shifting soil and slippery moss as the female kit plunges her shovel into the water with a savage cackle, and then dumps the contents of her shovel into the pail. A gleaming lump writhes in a heartbeat of being airborne before dropping into the tub with a sickening thunk.
My footsteps falter as a tendril of dread snakes into my stomach, but then I hasten my pace, droplets scattering each time my foot breaks the water. I suck in a breath as my gaze lands on pale orange scales and a dappled tail. The reek of death rises into the air like smoke. As I’m drawn closer, my eyes meet with blank, bulging eyes; unseeing and lifeless.
Horror rises in my throat. My tail shine burns with a searing, desperate pain and I open my mouth to protest, but the words weigh heavily on my tongue. The kalons' hard eyes glint with contempt, and I drop my gaze. The bucket is flipped upside down and murky water tumbles from the rim, followed by the koi that slops onto the ground.
The pondwater laps at the stones, washing away leaf litter, but the crushed koi body remains imbedded in the dark soil.

400/400

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Last edited by lyxa on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.
I used to be Wolfe.

x

lyxa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PleaserOfCrowds » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:22 am

username; PleaserOfCrowds
name; Erin
gender; Male
prompt;

"Erin, stop being such a scaredy cat!"

Those were the words that his best friend had spoken when he said he didn't want to go to a public school of any kind. Erin himself had only been to private school all his life, and he never really wanted to go to a public school anyways. However, they kept on pressuring him to join them and in the end, agreed. The school was a university that accepted the best of the best, and while Erin was smart, he didn't really know how to interact. For the first few weeks, he often completely focused on his projects rather than interacting with others, and often tried to avoid others. However, his leap of faith was assisted by his professor.

It was the first group project of the year, and already Erin had begged the teacher to either let him work with his best friend, or alone. The professor simply shook his head, and said that the groups were already pre-assigned. Nervously, he approached his group and sat down. His best friend, who was in a group across from him gently nudged him, and told him he could do it. Erin nodded and said a quick hello, and then went on to introduce himself. The group happily accepted him, to his surprise.

He quickly made friends with them as they all shared common interests. They in turn introduced him to new friends, who were as easygoing as them. Rather than studying all the time, he soon started to have fun socializing with others and talking about things they had liked. The year went quickly, and soon it was time to go home for a few weeks.

"See? It wasn't so bad after all, right?", and he had to agree with that. He had probably had the best year of his life, and it was full of surprises. Later on, he learned that his professor had assigned him to that group because they thought he would get along with them, and they were right. He finally had the courage to talk to others.

He soon realized what his shine meant; courage. During the course of the year, he built up the courage to talk to others and that was the best decision he made. Into his second year, he decided to get a tattoo of a koi on his body to symbolize his accomplishments.

[399/400]
Last edited by PleaserOfCrowds on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
────────────────────────────────────────────
♠They/It/Aer♥
────────────────────────────────────────────
Sig Pixels by Carpe. avatar by Skabeebo, chattamind, Jitsuemon, rabbitpulp, Belefur, and me
TH,FR,Artfight,Kals
PleaserOfCrowds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koegami » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:23 am

username; alavii
      name; miidas
      gender; male
      prompt; koi's have always been a symbol of balance. and Miidas's tailshine and koi design is no different. after worshipping them for hundreds of years in his home town, miidas has learned the tranquility this balance designed. good balanced the bad, evil balanced the good. miidas has mastered the art of it all, and has received a special reminder of his work. that special tail shine, and koi marking on his abdomen. 71 words
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubixilam » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:26 am

RES maYBE
PRET TY HFDN
██ rubi │

AWOOOOGA
rubixilam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul~ » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:34 am

username; ~Soul~
name; Bismark
gender; Male
prompt;

The spring breeze fluttered along the leaves of the trees and the swaying grass. The smell of ginger, and soy flowed though the air and into the noses of all those that where around. The little building had that Asian culture cottage style to it, with chimes hanging from the roof and a little pond in the court yard where lotus blossoms bounced along the little waves. It was a quiet day here with in the brick walls, though once you went beyond them you ran into busy streets, tall skyscrapers and crowds of people trying to rush from here to there. It was to easy to lose ones way, to get caught up in the quick passes of the city and loss focus of what was happening now. Bismark, was enjoying a quiet lunch of chicken and noodles while looking though the scheduled for that day. His 2 oclock would be arriving soon and with that went over to the kitchen and put on a kettle with some water to get tea going, new clients where always the most interesting and tea always did them good. Now some would find that a Therapist holding his practices in his own home was strange and even bizarre, but he wished to be there for those who needed him, and be available at all times. At a young age Bismark tried to figure out what his purpose in life was, was he to fallow the path of any Koi? Each koi brought thier own into this world, luck, fortune, serenity, But he was unlike any Koi. With his lotus like coloring he had to caver a path of his own. When he went to college he dabbled in many things, but found that he rather be there for people and listen to them when instead of being an accountant or doctor like his mother wanted. He would be a koi of comfort, of safety. The shine alwasy lead him back to what he wanted to do, wanted to achieve. He wanted to live with the understanding that he too could be someones lucky fish, change or even save a life. This what kept him moving forward. Whill lost in thought the kettle whistled and shortly a knock came from the door.
( 379 / 400 )
Last edited by ~Soul~ on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
𝕃 𝕠 𝕤 𝕥 ~ 𝕚 𝕟 ~ ℙ 𝕒 𝕣 𝕒 𝕕 𝕚 𝕤 𝕖
VOK ~ Healani Pride ~

𝔸𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕎𝕒𝕧𝕖
~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PopcornBush » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:35 am

username;PopcornBush
name;Bambi
gender;Female
prompt;

right,left
right, left

repeat.

With every stroke Bambi felt closer, and closer to the spirit of the river. The currents pushed even harder, but that didn't matter. With her paws outstretched in front of her and her powerful legs kicking, the movements seemed like a rythym that was too hard to stop. She urged herself harder.

right, left
right, left

repeat.

Like a koi in a surging river filled with golden currents and wonders, she felt at home. Like nothing could harm her. The symbols of the koi remind her that her hard work will pay off.

She closes her eyes and starts to drift into newly found calm water. The silence is welcoming, and the sand warm, where she crawls upon it, and rests after her ambitious swim.

Last edited by PopcornBush on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
PopcornBush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DragonGlitch » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:45 am

username;
DragonGlitch
name;
Pisces
gender;
Female
prompt;
"And you, are the goddess of the constellation and zodiac, Pisces." an unfamiliar voice exclaimed.
"What do you mean? I have a firm belief that I am not a goddess." Pisces replied.
"You'll see soon." The unfamiliar told her, and appeared behind her. "I am the weapon of Pisces, your partner, along with all of your other zodiac friends." He told her as a staff appeared in her hands. "Take me, your staff, and us me to fight against evil. Use it wisely."
And just like that, a bright light appeared and Pisces was in a castle made out of clouds. Her eyes widened.
"Mother.." She murmured.

DragonGlitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jello » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:50 am

Image xxImagexxxImage
xxx
username; blue holly
name; kosumi
gender; female

prompt;

her small paws hit the stone ring surrounding the deep koi pond. vines creeped around the pond, creating a layer of deteriorating foliage. kosumi giggled, peering down at the chubby fish. bubbles rose to the surface as the fish splashed excitedly, their tails flapping. in the deeper end, you saw flashes of larger and duller koi tails. ko leaned forward, grinning as she stared at the smallest of the kois, a yellow and orange splotted fish. her mom sat on a chair, watching the sky, ears relaxed, smile growing on her face as she watched the clouds flow across the sky. ko looked back, her ears going up in excitement when she saw her mom. her mother had warned her not to get too close to the koi pond, as she could fall in. ko didn't know how to swim, as she was quite afraid of the water. the fish, however, with their fluttering fins and glimmering scales, were hypnotizing. she leaned as far as she could, paw outstretched to touch the fishes lightly, to just get a glimpse of the shiny exterior and awe. her mom looked back to ko, and her eyes widened in shock.
    " KOSUMI! "
    she cried, and ko's ears flew up.
    a small, brown vine grabbed hold of her small paw, throwing her into the water.
    ko's mom ran to the edge, looking frantically for her daughter.

dark, ko thought, her eyes cracking open. the dark water revealed home to old and grimy fake coral and seaweed. the koi swam in circles about her, rubbing her legs and bumping her arms. she kicked her legs weakly, bubbles floating above her as the air disappeared from her lungs. as black started blurring the edge of her vision, in the last moments of consciousness, she saw two large kois slowly ascending from the deep water.

breathe. breathe. breathe, damnit!

ko's eyes fluttered open, her mother's panicked, tear stained face looking at her. she gave a cry of relief, and they embraced, ko's long tail wagging. her mom let go, and her eyes widened.
    " ko.. "
    ko followed her gaze, and she gasped when she looked down at her fur and tail. two fish, identical to the ones in the pond, had appeared in a patch on her fur and tail. there were also three of the smaller kois on her fur. the shine was dull with water and algae. ko rubbed it clean, staring down at her reflection in confusion.

4OO/4OO

Last edited by jello on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
jello

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dolly » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:51 am

username; DollyDo
name; Lenna
gender; Female
prompt;

Lora was born a kit afraid of the water, which was inconvenient seeing she lived by a beach. Seeing the waves splash on shore scared her half to death. Her parents tried to help and give her swimming lessons but that scared her more. Years had passed when her parents shared with her their history. Their family was a family of aquatic kalons that lived on a island far far away where they swam with the fish. She was the first of them to actually avoid the water but they knew it was in her somewhere. The thing they all had but she didn't was a marking and shine of a fish. They set out to the pool where their great fish would bestow her the markings of one of them. She arrived and gained the markings blowing away her fear of the water. These markings remind her of her family and that they are always with her. They also show her where to go when she is lost, the water. Without it she lives as half of herself which she never wants to go through again.
────────────
da | they/them | th
────────────
dolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me