Postby moonlight_girl » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:22 pm

Owner Name:
moonlight_girl
Name:
Timian
Other:
If i get him, i would like to write more of this story (:
Add more stuff i learn about him and how our friendship will grow

Ever since i was a litle kid i used to run around in the forest, and this is how i came to find this egg.

I awoke with a start, and felt the sweat running down my forehead. Just another night with nightmares, filled with things I could not explain to anyone. Things like dark magic and odd creature I had never seen before. I sat up in Sangem and noticed the time was not more than four in the morning. I got up and put on my coat to take a walk.
I always can go back to sleep after a long walk.
I walked along a trail in the woods that I've always known to but not followed some time earlier. My grandmother cultivated tell that it had strange things in this part of the forest and we could not go there, but it was at that drew me in that direction and I was curious and started walking.
I felt watched and persecuted, I turned around but saw nothing there so I went on. It was terribly dark in this part of the forest. Usually when I'm out in the woods and go so I tend to notice different sounds and the birds' beautiful song, but here everything was quiet and dead.
Suddenly I hear a clear cry of a bird, ijag can hear it flapping around looking for a place to rest.
I'm starting to consider to turn around and go home again, but it is something that is calling me deeper into the forest. So I need to know why I feel as I do.
I am going further and further into the forest and it starts just as the woods in my nightmares that make me wake up every night.

As i'm coming further and further into the forest and begin to see the glimpse of a pink glow, and the closer I get the more I feel it is precisely that which calls me.
I'm starting small run and I reach the light, and where I find an egg, with a bright pink glow that shines ever stronger as I get closer. I bend down and put my egg him on and feel how cold it is. I look around to see if there is any parent of the egg but I see nothing as far as the eye can see. I'm picking up the egg in my arms and puts it under my jacket.

I run all the way home to get it into heat and when I'm home at last the sun has already begun to rise in the sky.
I walk into my room and crawl into bed again, but this time with the egg close to me.
I whisper to the egg:
- Do not be worried little friend, I'll take care of you
And after I fall asleep and start dreaming about the day the egg will hatch and show himself to me, and I hope that I have found myself a new friend.

Sorry for my bad english!^^'
Last edited by moonlight_girl on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Designs that are made by me or
bought from me can NOT be sold or traded!
If you nolonger want the character
that was made by me, just send me a
pm and return it!
Art thefts are not tolerated!
Read over these before ordering a design
from me;
http://sta.sh/0luvu15wu4e

•My DAM's• •My Nukitta's• •Art shop!•
•My plumie's• •Ask me!•
    Having a hard time right now, I will work on art as fast as I can..
moonlight_girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mystery Rune Egg

Postby KingTulip » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:23 pm

Owner Name:
TulipIsTheLionKing (Tulip for short=})
Name:
Aurora
Other:
While out riding on Nebula, I could feel him suddenly tense. He started to take off running, and i tried everything to calm him down. At last he came to a stop. There in front of him sat a very strange egg. I got down and carefully picked it up, not sure where it came from. Looking around i saw no mother here to claim it. "We cant leave it here in the cold." I told Nebula. i slipped it delicately into my messenger bag, hating for it to break on the journey home.
~Art maybe coming soon~

*Creatures rotate when you refresh =}
**Art by
TheCalicoTabby
Image Call me Tulip (he/him) ^┬^
My scroll, feel free to PM with breeding negotiations
KingTulip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragonfire13 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:27 pm

Dropping out!

Owner Name:
Dragonfire13
Name:
Mystery
Other:
I was running after Grass and Spade as they flew away from me playing a game we like to play. I run after them around the back yard of my house and watch them as the land in a tree and seem to smile at me. I stick my tounge out at them and say "I will get you one of these days!" while shacking a fist. I then start to laugh and fall backwards as they glid down next to me as Spade drops the peanut beside me that I had been trying to get from me. I laugh then roll over onto my stomach. I look and see a egg infront of me. I look at it for a long tiome and see the it's a mystery egg I think to myself as I sit up and put the egg on my lap. I look at it for a while then stand up with it and say "Grass, Spade lets go inside." I open the back door and let them fly in and walk in behind them with the strange egg. I put it down on the table then go and grab some blackets and a lamp. I curl the blackets and put the egg in the middle and turn the lamp on while putting the lamp's light onto the egg before walking away to get something to eat.

When it's late I go check on the egg then walk upstairs and fall into my bed and curl up while Grass and Spade fall asleep into there side of there bed. I curl up with the blankets on me and fall asleep I wake up to a breaking sound and jolt awake I run down the stiars and see the egg has a crack in it a small one but still a crack I yawn as I say "it's going to hatch!" Then go back upstairs and went back to sleep.
Last edited by Dragonfire13 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonfire13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby н σ я ѕ є » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:18 pm

Owner Name:
Ravenclaw<3
Name:
Ravna
Other:
How Nalik Found Ravna
It was rather dark. Aside from the stars that peeked thru the clouds. And the round yellow moon that loomed erieely behind the wispy clouds. I was suprised that nothing had disturbed me. Not even the small rustling of animals broke the silence. No, everything was perfectly still. Without so much as a tiny breeze to swift the trees and the clouds. I was almost wondering if I had taken a wrong turn. As, I should have been home hours ago. Yet, even thought the scenery kept changing, I felt like I was walking in circles. Just as the thick forest had turned to dark green moors, that rippled in the sudden wind like the ocean, I began to hear sounds I had never heard before. It made my white wings begin to beat. Ready to fly away at any moment. But, I am a dragon I can hold my own against some weird beast, no problem. With a stone hard white scales, and my blue horns and spikes. I had nothing to fear. Or, so I though. But, the sounds were only the beginning.

It didn't take me long to realize that they were coming from underground. Which, I didn't understand. That is, until I felt a sucking feeling at my feet. As if, I had stepped in mud and it was pulling me under. Which, I guess it was. For, in a few moments I realized that the moor ground was sucking me under. Slowly, the ground was opening and the grass was curving over me as the ground began to pull me under. No matter how hard I batted my wings. I was no match for the grass. It was rather odd. The grass felt as if it where made of metal. The ground felt like silk. It was weird no matter how you put it. I ended up landing hard on my side not long after. It was black. A tunnel of sorts. So far under ground that I could find no light sorce to help me leave. So, I set out into the only direction I could see in. Forward.

After walking in the narrow, damp tunnel for what seemed like forever. I noticed it was starting to get lighter. I could finally see the rock walls. Instead of just pure black, I could see the faint outline of where one rock blended into another. And, the happiest thing of all, was that I could see a bright light glowing up ahead. Not a normal light. It was too colorful. As if the very colors of day seeped down into the soil at night, to wait until the morning where their colors would be needed. The sight seemed so beautiful. Even though all I could see were a faint glow of them, it was enough to seem me running as fast as I could towards them. My hard white scales hitting the rock walls as I went. My wings tucked in as close to my body as pssible. Yet, still scratching and tearing on the jagged stone. Just a few feet away. I could see things whirl past me asI gained speed. Barely noticing as the cavern opened wider and curved downward. Almost there. It had to be the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. Ever will see. Walls lined with crystals. Each one shining with a different, unearthly light. The rocks themselves were colorful enough, but the strange stars that glittered deep inside of every one of them...was dazzling. They lit up the cave as bright as day. Yet, more colorful than any day. As if, the world lived in everyone of them. Like I had thought when I first saw the strange light, it was as if every day lived on within them, every last drop of beautty. Once the affect of my entry had worn off, I noticed something else. It was different from everything else. Though, it held the same glow, it looked darker. I slowly approached it. And, ith a shocking feeling, I realized it was a dragon egg. Much smaller than I was used to seeing. Being a dragon myself, and a female one at that, I curled my tail around it. Knowing it needed protection from another of it's kind. No matter how small it was. I relized it was going to be something great. Had the potential, yet needed guidance. Careful to be gentle, I hold it in my talons. Though, metal couldn't break a dragon egg, I was still worried. "Let's go home",I said. Turning and heading back the way I came.

I shall gaurd this egg with my life. If that is what it comes to.
Last edited by н σ я ѕ є on Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Horses wrote:"There is no love stronger than that in the eyes of a horse."-me
н σ я ѕ є

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:20 pm

Please keep in mind the limit guys. Only three paragraphs for your short stories, the reason being is that there are five pages of entries and I have to read them all so condensing this will help me judge forms later on.

Also I have noticed some similar eggs being used. If you Photoshop my image in any way you MUST leave my signature where it is visible and never erase it. This is stealing my art if you cover it up and your form will be disqualified and turned into the mods if it is not fixed. If your image was drawn by you then be sure to place credit in the pictures description, thank you~
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiko Hayashi » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:29 pm

I edited my form. I hope it's short enough now. The last paragraph is one paragraph, just broken up a bit.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

S H I K O
H A Y A S H I

this world could rot
die, and kill itself off
but a promise is a promise
and promises should always be kept
dont you think?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

O N / o f f
Shiko Hayashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azure23 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:44 pm

[Owner Name:]
Azure23
[Name:]
Spitfire
[Gender:]
Female
[Story:]
Legends were always a part of life in the village I came from. There were stories that explained everything, from why the sun rose and fell each day to the reason why the season changed each year. So when I heard about a great treasure hidden deep in the nearby forest, I was a little skeptical. Even more so, when I heard of the mighty and terrifying beast that protected this treasure and fed on the foolish that dared to enter his domain. I never really thought too much of the 'legend', and I honestly forgot about it, soon after hearing such nonsense. However, the legend became quite real the day Fizzle went missing.

The little scamp was always getting into some sort of a trouble. His intense curiosity would drive him into the most bizarre locations, but he typically would always come back once his stomach started rumbling. Grimald also tended to keep an eye on the little imp, but this time, he disappeared during the day. I wasn't too worried at first, but as the minutes ticked away into hours, I found myself staring into the passage of the misty, dark forest. With a few exasperated sighs at the situation, and with peeved Grimald and an annoyed Mephis at my side, I stepped into the cloyingly damp, forest.

I will admit, I was scared, but not because of some dumb 'monster', I was scared of the forest itself. Gnarled roots, stagnant pools, and other hidden traps could cause great injure, especially to a little Rune, like Fizzle. When I started to see bones, my heart dropped and I quickened my pace. As I burst into the clearing, my fear turned into sheer terror. The monster was real, and incredibly massive, however, it wasn't attacking Fizzle. Instead, it was mesmerized by the little rune's sparkler that he always kept with him. I managed to scoop Fizzle up as Mephis and Grimald kept the beast distracted. And as we made out escape, that's when I saw the pink and orange egg that Fizzle had wrapped his wings around. I decided to keep it, curious as to what it really was, and I wasn't going to let Fizzle's adventure go to waste.
Last edited by Azure23 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eldemore.com! wrote:Image
Azure23

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skeseth » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:08 pm

Owner Name:

Skeseth

Name:

Qualmë

I had a name chosen and all ready to go that I loved... until I ran into this one. For some strange reason, I kept feeling that the gender of the egg would be best as a female. I don't know if there is so much chaos and evil that seems to be masculine out there or just that the colors remind me of a dark mysterious female hidden inside there. And when I found Qualmë, a Quenya word for Death, it just was so suited more than the others. I guess sometimes something just clicks and I couldn't really be satisfied with anything else. ^^;

Female

Why?

Adding this into my form for a reason... I know immediately when I saw it, I thought: Death, skull, mystery, dark... And wow, was I immediately intrigued. Definitely can't lie, would love it for the novelty of the first line changes and it will be fun watching a baby rune grow... but I also really love evil, sinister, devilishly morbid things... Not saying this egg is it, and if I am /completely/ wrong and it is pink butterflies and sunshine, I will be happy to see the baby go to someone else who will love it for that and not be considered at all please ^^; Not saying that won't be amazing, because I'd crack up and love it all the same, and anything drawn by you Bena will be spectacular! But I guess I am at least hoping for something sinister in mind when naming and seeing it. :) There will be many more in Halloween but as someone once told me... I shouldn't regret not trying now. And I have fallen in love with the name Qualmë and what she may be (and may reuse said name to try for a similar rune in the future if I'm ever lucky to find one again). ^^

Other:

And Darkness Finds Us All...

Breath in. Breath out. Evelyn focused on these simple things as she crouched at the bottom of a tree, and tried to keep her stomach settled as her sight slowly came back into focus, looking far away from the pale figure laying a few feet behind her. She had been no stranger to death before, even caused by her own hand, but the job she took had been a simple one: find and retrieve a missing girl or find out what happened to her. She was almost positive she was only tracking a lost girl, yet now she was forced to live with the nightmares of reality. Her hands shook as she pressed one against her mouth and the other against the tree trunk, attempting to stand and move, far away from there physically... and mentally.

Step after step she tried to gather strength and push away the sight from her mind, instead of dreading the moment she would have to return to do what is right. Her steps grew longer, her breathing more harsh, and she never knew when she started running. Eventually she tripped, unaware of her surroundings, and tumbled painfully to the ground where she knew she would find several bleeding scrapes, and perhaps a twisted ankle. Her adrenaline did not feel the pain even as she stood up again, ready to bolt like her body was wired to do. Only a shaft of moonlight through the trees glinted off a smooth surface, causing her mind to snap back into reality.

The young woman had seen many things in her life, but nothing as strange as what emptied her mind of the nightmarish thoughts only seconds ago. Evelyn now knelt cautiously, staring in awe at what she could have easily crushed in her mindless panic. “An egg...” she whispered to the darkness. In that silent forest, with only death as a companion, there was hidden life in the most unlikeliest of places. It was a sight she would never have thought she would see, all alone as she was in the dark, but no longer. Without thinking, she gently reached for it to cradle close to her warmth as she recovered, just an egg with a baby needing guidance and her needing companionship in these somber times.

(Will likely review and edit for grammar/tweaks to make it flow better before the end)

Come adopt your own and more at Eldemore!

Skeseth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby midnight133 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:25 pm

Owner Name:
midnight133
Name:
Nocte ( midnight in latin )
Why? Because the colours used remind me of the middle of the night and it all seems quite mysterious :)
female the way the egg glows seems to suggest that the rune will be female
Other: I love the colour combinations and the glowing theme around the edge, I also love rune dragons and have been waiting for one I wanted to try out for :D
Short story

The rain lashed down, my flash light died. It was a cold autumn night about a week before Halloween. Lightning flashed across the sky, shortly followed by a ear splitting crash of thunder, I hurried to the wood, where my cabin is. I pulled my collar up round my neck and pulled the zip on my coat right up to the top, trying to increase the warmth but failing. It had been a mild day and I hadn't thought to bring a warmer coat with me. The wind haf started to pick up. I made my way down the well trodden path, clear to my eyes, were as a passer by would just assume it was a game trail. Suddenly there was a groan and a cracking of branches and a massive tree fell just meters from were I was standing. A faint purple glow shone from the bottom of the tree.
I froze, I had to shake my self out of my shocked state, I slowly made my way over to the base of the tree, cautiously I flipped the bark. The glowing intensified. As my eyes focused, the glow began to take shape and I realise that its an egg, I pick it up carefully, so not to damage it. 'An egg..' I whisper.
I decide to take it back to the cabin. I strip off my jumper and wrap the egg in it. As I make my way down the sodden path I realise that the rain has stopped and that the clouds have cleared to reveal a clear star studded sky. I check my watch, exactly midnight, the word Nocte came to mind. I whisper it aloud, it seemed to fit the whole situation. ' I think I'll call you Nocte'
Art: wip
P.s good luck to everyone else if my frmorm isn't picked it will be interesting to see what happens :)
~ Quarantine brought me back after a several year break lol irl unlikely to be here regularly so won't be responding to messages or trades ~
I am incredibly busy. To anyone who I am a artist for I am sorry for my inactivity. When ever I have time and inspiration I will make some adopts. Thank you for being understanding. :)

midnight133

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby н σ я ѕ є » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:51 am

I editted mine to three paragraphs. But, it's still rather long. Sorry about that. I just couldn't stop myself.
Horses wrote:"There is no love stronger than that in the eyes of a horse."-me
н σ я ѕ є

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me