Re: Chicoon Cryptid Hunt

Postby imabanditø » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:06 am

Username + Id: imabanditø 908562
Hunting Chicoon: montgomery
Little something extra: montgomery stared at the map and the clues. he was confused, but still wanted to try and solve it for himself.

“…all will be revealed when the tide washes away”
he thought this was a measure of time, when the true answer of this puzzle will be revealed. his thought process was that, when the tide is low, answers will start showing up.

“The owls are not lost, but waiting.”
owls typically live in forests. if they were described as “lost,” they must not be in the forest, right? if they’re waiting, they’re surely waiting for someone.. are they waiting for us?

“Go to where the triangle rests, she waits for your arrival”
there are two triangles on the map, montgomery realized. the first one is at the camp, and the second has a chicoon in it. he thought most would choose to go for the latter triangle, but he noticed the text that says, “The eyes are not what they seem.” the only eye on the map is the eye of the chicoon - that compelled him to start at the camp.

“Now then move towards the west for your first location. Then take a left turn, continue until you hit your mark.”
directly west from the camp, according to the black compass, leads towards the key. though, once you take a left, you go straight to the lake. montgomery assumed “your mark” meant a marked location on the map, because there was nothing else nearby but the lake.

“Upon reaching your destination right turn and finally, take another right turn. Continue in this direction”
montgomery’s destination is the lake! taking a right turn from it, he’s taken to the center of the campground. taking another one and continuing right leads him to the beach.

“The stars twinkle in unnatural colors
Look through the key and they may become more clear
If your heart strikes true follow the symbols and you will be able to find your next clue”

his eyes were drawn to the key. each symbol was designated a color, and each color was also designated a location on the map. after figuring out the key, montgomery underlined the symbols with their respective colors and then drew arrows to connect the alike colors.

right now, he was at the beach. by following the beach’s symbol, a mint line, and going to the location written in mint, he would be returning to the lake. it seemed a bit counterintuitive to him, but he had no other ideas - back to the lake he went!

“From here let us change the map.
Rotate it so where you are becomes North. Now head south. And then west.
Return your map to the proper orientation now.

montgomery turned his map so that the lake was facing north. both the red and yellow compasses were incomplete or inaccurate, and the black one was no longer correct in this orientation, so he determined that the lake would be north, the forest would be south, the beach would be west, and camp would be east.

going south was leading him to the forest, but after turning west he was headed for the beach.. again. after he arrived, he turned his map the correct way.

“Once this is done head to the place directly across from your current location.
This is where you will find your home”

the place directly across the beach was the… camp? that’s right where he started! was he going in circles? montgomery nervously paced and flapped his wings. did he do something wrong-?

though, he reread the last line: “This is where you will find your home” that was true - he, and all of the other campers, had been living at the camp for a few days already — it was their home, albeit temporary.

he also thought back to the beginning, with the owls.. if they were at the camp, where he started, they would surely be waiting for him to return back, right? he grasped at straws to convince himself he was right.

montgomery had been walking for ages, and he was getting tired. the camp was his solution to the puzzle, and he’d defend that even if it turned out to be incredibly wrong.
— cer/ceri | he/they
th | aroace/agender
my art shop! :D <3
imabanditø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hamkid » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:32 am

Username + Id: hamkid + 299978
Hunting Chicoon: Esper
Little something extra: "...Drats. Never did pay enough attention to puzzles before. Maybe I should've... Esper thinks a bit. Something something eyes... Something Ambush... Something something something the tide... "Maybe that's about the... Uh... Those little clams ans crabs that dig into the sand and make holes everywhere? Ambushing you when they come out? I mean, the beach has a tide..." But they aren't entirely sure. "Owls? What about owls? There's a triangle with a chicoon drawn over it by the beach, so maybe that's where... Whoever she is is, y'know, waiting?" Hm. "But what if it's the camp? There's probably owls over there, and the tent is a triangle, and there's a little triangle drawn by the word 'camp'..."

Esper's bet is either on starting at the camp or the beach, but the part about the tide draws them towards the beach more than anything. "If we're at the beach... Wait, and THEN we go to the triangle... Do we go to the beach, and then the camp, and then wherever else?"
This is a real brain-scratcher, alright.
Turn westwards... The lake is to the west of both the camp and the beach.
Turn right... Back to the beach?
Turn the again... The forest?
But what about the key?
If the direction is actually upside down or wrong for whatever reason...
Beach, camp... Turn west... If the east is actually the west, then you'd end up in the forest.
Beach, camp, forest... a right turn towards the beach again, and then another to end up at the lake? Look through the key... There was a key drawn over by the lake. But maybe that's just because there's a key, y'know, a guide to the symbols nearby. Oh well, I guess a key is a key anyways...?
The symbols... There's an X drawn by the lake's name, and above the X is drawn by a purple spot. The camp's name is written in purple. Esper reckons maybe it means to head back to the camp?

So, at the camp... Rotate the map now. If the camp is north... Head south... You'd end up at the beach. Head west... That's the lake, isn't it?
Return the map to the proper orientation...
If you ended up at the lake after rotating the map, and head to the place directly across from that location... The forest! Even if everyone was staying at camp right now, the forest being a chicoon's home made sense, didn't it?
...Unless the map really was the right side up and not upside down, anyways. Esper guessed it was worth a shot anyways.
hamkid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raven_Wolf » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:52 am

Username + Id:
Raven_Wolf + 129356
Hunting Chicoon:
Aurora
Little something extra:
*Aurora grumbles after being told to leave the lake by the mysterious Chicoon*
Fine. I'll search the beach
ImageImage
Raven_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cinerious » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:38 am

Username + Id: cinerious 242408
Hunting Chicoon: Paisley and Salmon
Little something extra:
    The Eyes are gone, when you look away.
    Look away: they lie in ambush
    All will be revealed when the tide washes away

The owls are not lost, but waiting.
    Don't run: the clock ticks the time away.
    Go to where the triangle rests, she waits for you arrival

Paisley stared at the map in front of her, rolling the words around in her mind, and almost seeing it coming together on the page. Up down, left right. North, West, reverse...

Head spinning from staring at the map, she sets off, preferring to do rather than think right now. She met up with Salmon who told her his thoughts on it all, scribbling a totally different route than she had originally thought. His way started the same as hers, so they set off together, mainly ignoring the traipsing of the other campers on their way around.
    Now then move towards the west for your first location. Then take a left turn, continue until you hit your mark. Upon reaching your destination right turn and finally, take another right turn. Continue in this direction

They started at the camp, making their way west towards the lake. From their they turned left, and headed south. two rights turned them around back towards the lake, so they retraced their steps there.
    The stars twinkle in unnatural colors
    Look through the key and they may become more clear
    If your heart strikes true follow the symbols and you will be able to find your next clue

This is where they started to lose each other, Paisley thinks that the key colors match the named locations on the map, and that the symbols were the way to follow, so being at the cyan colored lake they should head towards the funky Z next to the beach! Salmon however, he noticed the symbols all don't match each other EXCEPT for the forest, which is correctly labeled according to the key! Paisley shook her head and set her jaw stubbornly. making her way off towards the beach, while Salmon rolled his eyes, and dead set on his way of thinking, made his way towards the "true"ly marked forest...
    From here let us change the map.
    Rotate it so where you are becomes North. Now head south. And then west.
    Return your map to the proper orientation now.

Paisley turned the map upside down, with the beach now her north. Heading south, she ended up at the campsite, and west towards the forest, where she ended up seeing Salmon again, pondering his now sideways map, as his north became the forest.
    Once this is done head to the place directly across from your current location.
    This is where you will find your home

Paisley pushes on, feeling that bit bad she is going it alone. Wings flapping a bit, she returns to her map, and reorients it the right way up. Directly across from the forest would take her between the campsite and the beach, so she trudged her way there, glancing back and seeing Salmon making his way behind her. Hope fluttered in her chest as she took a spot with a few others near the lake, but felt it drop watching Salmon turn back towards camp...

Sighing, she put her map down and waits to see if her process was fruitful.
★ ☆ ★ fighting burnout <3 ★ ☆ ★
★ ☆ ★ cin/daphne | star/stars/starself ★ ☆ ★
★ ☆ ★ UMA Storages ★ ☆ ★

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
cinerious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosi » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:47 am

Username + Id: Rosi 981273
Hunting Chicoon: Levy
Little something extra: " That whole poem made no sense whatsoever and I really don't feel like attempting that, lady. I do see a group of others chattering about monsters going towards the beach, though"
Rosi
She/They
TH
✿Friends: ~ ~ ~
A strange new egg... Image
Rosi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweathie » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:22 am

Username + Id: sweathie 703858
Hunting Chicoon: Charoite
Little something extra: Charo is pretty sure that Mystra put the answer to the riddle in their group chat of camp staff, but she tried to solve the riddle and got a different answer... maybe the answer changed since then? Or maybe she's just a little lost. Oh well, she thinks, doing the hunt was fun anyways!
xlxImagexxxxxImagexxxxxImage
sweathie / michael
⍢ sweathie on everything ⍢
he/him | college student
my only discord is sweathie
xxxxxxx
xchicoons || commissionsxxxxxxImage Image
sweathie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hexxed » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:26 am

Username + Id: Eievui + 81226
Hunting Chicoon: Arya
Little something extra: Arya carefully looks over the map and clues. She knows there's something afoot here... She couldn't give up now! To start, the mention of "tide" as well as "triangle" nearby make her believe she should begin at the Beach. Then the Lake was west, and Camp left from there, and 2 rights ends up at the Beach again. She turned the map so that the Beach was north. Next, Camp would be south, west to the Forest, and finally the Lake across from the Forest. Arya reviewed it once more and selected the Lake as her answer for tonight. 
。゚゚・。・゚゚。
゚。 ARTIST X DREAMER
 ゚・。・
credit | credit
icon drawn by me :3c

transmasc non-binary
him/them

I don't trade much!
Don't worry about the large timers
on my oekaki, I get so distracted! T_T

Hexxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zubers » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:14 am

Username + Id: Zubers 1011810
Hunting Chicoon: Glumbus
Little something extra: Glumbus practically gave up on trying to figure out the clues so they just waddled on their way to the camp!

Zubers
He/They

Zubers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleMaple » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:16 am

Username + Id: LittleMaple + 967464
Hunting Chicoon: Raindrop
Little something extra: Raindrop didn't understand the map either! However, he was confident that the forest was the right choice
    maple moment
    call me maple!
    artist, poet, goober
    i <3 warrior cats
    ──────────────────
    the poptart! 🍩
    ──────────────────
    ImageImage
    ──────────────────
    Aetherclan SSG TPO
    SVBs TRMK (HAWKC)
    ──────────────────
    lower the bar cus'
    i'm choking on stardust
LittleMaple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToraOkami303 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:27 am

Username + Id: ToraOkami303 || 1006275
Hunting Chicoon: Kimmy and Jaime
Little something extra: Kimmy gets help from her neighbor Jaime since she's not great at reading maps. Jaime holds the map and signs with Kimmy carefully walking her through the riddle.

"First we go West, towards the Lake" Jaime signs first

"Yeah! But then we go left? Where do we go left?" Kimmy stares at the map confused, left isn't one of the directions on the compass.

"Well when we face West going Left takes us South, towards the Beach which we go until we reach... now we take two rights which is the same as turning around" Jaime explains drawing the path in the sand to demonstrate how two rights make them turn around.

"So we go towards camp? But if we are going towards the camp how do we turn the map around?" Kimmy tilts her head confused wings stuttering to a stop not understanding.

"We wouldn't, Camp is already North so we just go SouthWest which is..." Jaime slows her wings to let Kimmy put the pieces together from there.

"The lake!" Kimmy flaps her wings excited that they seem to be getting closer and closer

"Right! And what's across from the Lake?" Jaime gestures to the map for Kimmy to look over.

"The forest!!!" Kimmy flaps even more excitedly rushing ahead. Jaime honks in amusement running after Kimmy

"Wait up!" Jaime is kind of invested now and wants to see the adventure to it's conclusion.
Identity Soup, Genderfluid. My Toyhouse.
Token Design Shop || C$ Design Shop || 100 Gen Challenge || Gacha Doodles || 5c$ Gacha Beans
---
Artist For: Magic Falconry Academy || Galactipups
---
Trackers: All Storkverse | Storkies | MFA | Littlehearts | Vargs | Fairytales
---
Moonlight is Grazing
---
Please be patient with me on Oekaki. My tablet only half gets along with it so I tend to use both mouse and tablet now.
ToraOkami303

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me