Re: kalon #1857

Postby Natural » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:54 pm

username: Natural
kalon name: Petal
prompt: 151 words!
Petal's most favorite memory from the holiday would have to be this one Christmas evening when they were greeted with a light snowstorm when they had gone out to stand on the porch for a little while. Standing out there on the porch, watching the snow sprinkle down onto the ground, was a magical sight. It was stunningly beautiful, especially since they hadn't put away their holiday decorations away yet. The shining Christmas lights with the dashing snow penetrating through their colors was truly something unforgettable. Then, soon after they went inside, they were greeted with a wonderful gift from a family member! What they found inside only enhanced their night... For the better. They had received a locket. Upon opening the locket, they found a picture of their family inside. Although they do not wear that locket often, whenever they see it, they are reminded of that beautiful Christmas night.
Natural

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby epilogue » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:16 am

mark
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ford » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:28 pm

username ; ford
kalon name ; artemis
pronouns ; she/her
381 words

christmas morning,
pale dawn seeping through the blinds.
the night was sleepless,
your heart fluttering
at the thought of today.

beside you,
the light of your life,
your sun, moon, and stars
stirs peacefully in her sleep.

you smile softly,
tucking a strand of her soft hair
behind her ear
before carefully moving out of bed
to prepare.

in the living room,
the tree glitters with lights,
as powdery snow drifts from
the clouds outside.

the stairs creak as she joins
you downstairs, and your heart
pounds with anticipation.

'good morning, darling doll,'
she murmurs, hugging you from behind
you lean your head back into her shoulder
with a smile, your eyes falling shut.

you just want to stay like this forever.

after breakfast, you sit by the tree,
the fireplace crackling with warmth.
she hands you a gift,
a small wrapped box
that fits in the palm of your hand.

'to artemis, my light'
it reads, in delicate handwriting.
you look up with her with a smile,
as you gently unwrap the small box,
careful not to tear the paper.
(you always save it.)

'i made it myself,'
you hear her say,
and your heart flutters.

in the box lays a small crystal necklace,
silver wire wrapped around it in an elegant pattern.
tears prick at your eyes
and you pull her into a tight hug,
before giving her a gentle kiss.
'i love it,'
you whisper, clasping it around your neck.

'your turn,'
you run your hand through her hair.
'but you'll need to close your eyes.'

she giggles and nods, and shuts her eyes.
your heart pounds in your chest,
your blood rushes in your ears.

getting down on one knee,
and producing a tiny box from your pocket,
you let out a shaky breath.

'you can open them now,'
you whisper.

she opens her eyes and you flip the box open,
a ring glimmering in the light.

'oh, my sun, moon and stars... will you marry me?'

her hands fly to her mouth, tears shining in her eyes.

time stands still and you can't tell how long passes,
before you're being pulled into a tight, warm hug,
by the love of your life.

'oh, artemis, the light of my life... my darling doll... yes, of course, yes!'

ford ☆ he/they
thkalspfp
ford

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rustyroxy » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:44 am

Mark

roxy
he/they
my kalons
pms are open
rustyroxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LemonadeLyric » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:19 am

username: LemonadeLyric
kalon name: Tri'va
prompt:{234/500}

They never did like the holidays.

They had spent many nights helping their pack gather food, keep warm, and patrol their area. Took many good kalons had been taken from them that year. Every day was a blessing, and every night a new curse as they waited for the sun.

Famine was expected, illness swept over their pack and spread like wildfire. The sick were kept to their own section, and brought food at a meeting point. They were dependent on the care and consideration of the rest of the pack. Tri'va was lucky they hadn't caught it, seeing as they were responsible for bringing food to the infected. They considered it good karma, and still tried to smile from across the way to them.

One night they were sent to patrol. They crossed over rivers half-frozen and crossed slick rocks with little effort. Once reaching the top of a cliff, they overlooked their small pack's territory.

The moon was full and heavy in the sky, lighting up the snow-covered land. It sparkled off the ice clinging to the trees, made the fields glow as though they held the real light, and it brought a tear to their eye.

Too much had been lost. It wasn't nearly over, and they still had so much further to go to keep themselves safe.

They never did like the holidays. But maybe this one wasn't so bad.

Lʏʀɪᴄ||Aᴅᴜʟᴛ||Hᴇ/Hɪᴍ
───── 🤍 ─────
I'ᴍ ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛʟʏ ɪɴᴛᴏ
Wᴀʀʀɪᴏʀs, Mɪɴᴇᴄʀᴀғᴛ
ᴀɴᴅ ACNH.
───── ۞ ─────
Mᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴏ Mᴏʀɪ.
───── ۝ ─────
Bᴏʀᴅᴇʀs ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ᴍᴇ

LemonadeLyric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alckatraz » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:20 am

username:
kalon name:
prompt:
Mark
╔════════════════════════╗
Katra | She/Her | Adult | ENTP

© | TH | Art Shop | Alckatraz#8667

╚════════════════════════╝
Alckatraz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roelian » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:18 pm

username:
roelian - 34199

kalon name:
Lyros

prompt:
It's something about the way you look when you come around for holidays. The way the afternoon sun shines on your face and you make a fuss about the wind nipping at your already reddened nose. How you complain the entire time but you look forward to visiting. My home in the rugged mountains. Where your cellphone doesn't connect and there's no TV. Our only entertainment being one another. But it's pleasant having you here when I do. You're my favorite part of the holidays.

Your smile when it snows, and the subsequent complaining when it dampens your socks. The way you somehow get twigs in your hair, when you venture into the snow. You hate the outdoors but you come up here to visit anyway every holiday, and fill my little cabin with more warmth than its seen in months. Your smile like sunshine, your presence so bright in the dimness that clings to the wooden walls.

The board games now are missing pieces from age and wear. Maybe I'll search for them before you come this year. I've got cleaning to do, and a chair at the table still holds your scarf. I told myself I'd mail it to you, but it felt so impersonal. For now, I'll hold onto the warmth this brings me, until your visit lights up my heart once more.
[260]

samael || he/they || adult
|| ✧ nep ✧ || ✧ jean ✧ ||
roelian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-❄- the space between

Postby fish-soda » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:44 pm

username: fish-juice xx kalon name: Lourine

prompt: [word count: 497]

Two spirits, both half-brothers (yet unbeknownst to them, until a later point), were
    destined to command together; both embodiments of the wildflowers, they were set
    to apprentice under their mentors to become protectors, creators, and to represent
    the very souls of the flora they were born within. But, they were separated long ago.

Enter Aderes, the spirit of summer flowers, blended of the festive hazey skies and
    shimmering fireworks of short nights. Accustomed to his life of solidarity within the
    dampened coastline, he adores the tropical winds of his dwelling, and represents the
    humid thunderstorms and their accompanying downpours as well as the wildflowers.
    'He would soon meet his half-brother, Lourine', they whispered, their petals twirling
    in the breeze.

Enter Lourine, the spirit of winter flowers, blended of the festive holiday skies and
    blurry snow of harsh blizzards. Accustomed to his life of solidarity within the high
    snow-capped mountains, he adores the freezing temperatures of his dwelling, and
    represents the continuous blizzards and their accompanying daggering winds as well
    as the wildflowers. 'He would soon meet his half-brother, Aderes', they whispered,
    their petals falling to the ground.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The holiday seasons meant a lot to Aderes, the older brother, despite the opposing
    characteristics to all he was used to; his favorite color was red, and it was rumored
    amongst them that the elusive poinsettia became one of his favored flowers, for
    they were vibrant and vivid and red; and he was never able to speak to them. Yet,
    he told them he desired to reach them not solely for their color, but for they called
    out to him for a reason he could never understand; they spoke in words he could not
    grasp, other than the sound of his name. As the years passed, he sent out his flower
    messengers to reach the spirit of winter flowers, whom he'd never met but wanted
    to inquire about why their flowers were crying for him; the messengers couldn't make
    it past the frigid barriers.

During one particular holiday season, a stray flower from the opposite side reached
    the limits of Lourine's home; bewildered at the foreign plant, he sent his flower
    messenger to meet it, unaware that some of his own flowers had been attempting to
    initiate the contact for many past years. The flower messengers met, and only repeated
    to each other for the spirit brothers to hear, 'your brother has been lost to you - unite
    the flowers again.'

Led to each other waves upon waves of every summer and winter flower, Aderes and
    Lourine met yet again at the edges of their territories on that Christmas morning;
    initially unwilling to meet but recognizing each other from their buried memories as
    they drew closer, the two rejoiced and started to teach each other how to rule over
    the other's flowers so they could command together as they were meant to. This
    holiday meeting became Lourine's most cherished and beloved; and, he knew, it was
    Aderes' most treasured as well.
Last edited by fish-soda on Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
fish-soda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:57 am

username: KestrelTheFirecat
kalon name: Lumine
prompt: Lumine was really enjoying her holiday and with the holidays comes memories.

Lumine was padding through the dark hallways of her house knowing that every kalon was asleep in their beds. The dark blue kalon pads faster and then turns quickly and pads into the kitchen. When she arrives she spots a small box on the bar stool of her kitchen. Lumine pads closer and looks at the box curiously and says “hmm, this is different” she opens the small box and smiles as it has the necklace that she has wanted for a while. Lumine looks around and spots no one nearby. She grins and says “thanks” to the still cold air.
Last edited by KestrelTheFirecat on Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A m n e s i a » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:42 am

username: A m n e s i a