Re: betsy's winding corn maze! -- day 1

Postby mtuan, » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:17 pm

username -- mtuan,
      buttermilk w/ link -- Abby
      day -- one
      choice -- right
      prompt (200 words min.) --

A shrug befalls on Abby's shoulders as she takes a step towards the right- though something beckoned her to the left almost immediately, the stubborn girl took no time in heading straight into the maze, with her decision in mind. To the right- that's the way she was going to go and no one was going to tell her otherwise. No one could tell her she had to go left- so why should she! She was to make the decisions on her own and that was all! Though... all the routes in the maze did seem... sorta similar and... no. She was going to go to the right and that was just how it was going to be. And with that, Abby made her way through the field without more hesitation, peering through the tall grass and trying to find her bearings without being too... obvious? Invasive? Who even knew- she didnt even know where she was going! But she was going to go that way because she had picked it already. First instincts first. And it isn't until she came into her next choice does the young woman stop to think. If there wasn't a dead end, then surely right was the right way to go. [207 words]
mtuan,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby surfingmars » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:21 pm

username -- surfingmars
    buttermilk -- cricket
    day -- 1
    choice -- straight
    prompt --
    straight seemed like the smart option. betsy made this maze so she knows where she's going, right?
surfingmars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Micki. » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:27 pm

x
    username -- Micki.
    buttermilk w/ link -- Laurel
    day -- 1
    choice -- Left: It’s really dark over there...why is the corn so overgrown? Is that even a path? Only a brave buttermilk would head that way.
    prompt --
      Laurel had never been afraid of the dark.

In fact, she thrived in the dark – the darker the better. She loved all things even remotely spooky, and desperately loved the unknown and adventures. There was nothing better than discovering something new every step of a journey.

And so, when Laurel came across the darkened path in the corn maze, she was all too happy to drag Halley along with her. “Ooo – let’s go that way!” she exclaimed, pointing to the overgrown corn and tugging at her girlfriend’s arm impatiently. When the other woman made no attempt to move, feet still firmly planted, Laurel let out an impatient huff.

“That way? Really?” Halley questioned, eyebrow raised. She let out a small, knowing sigh as Laurel looked at her with big, excited eyes, and couldn’t help but smile. It was just too darn cute that she was so intrigued by all things dark and scary. “Fine, that way it is.”

“Aaa!” Laurel squeaked, pulling the other woman by the hand and towards the darkness. ‘There is absolutely nothing that we can’t handle in here!’ she thought, triumphantly marching along the unbeaten path.

Truth be told: there was truly nothing Laurel wouldn’t want to come across, either.

(206 words)
    x
    Micki • she / her • slytherin • shy n stressed
    young adult • college student • EST timezone

BLM donation adopts !!

sig forever a wip bc lazy
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yodel » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:11 am

username -- Yodel
    buttermilk w/ link -- Skylar
    day -- 1
    choice -- Right
    prompt --
    Skylar stepped up to the entrance of the maze when she glanced left and saw darkness, she narrowed her eyes. What was the point in going the direction where there was hardly a path? Surely it would lead to a dead end. Then she looked ahead, the direction Betsy took. She watched the spotted cow trot ahead and turn a corner. No point going that way, Skye was known for not being a follower, no way she was going to take on the role now. That meant one option remained, right.

Skylar looked to her right, her gaze stopping short when it met the wall straight ahead followed by a turn. “Looks pretty safe anyway,” she thought. Skye stopped to consider that this was not the way Betsy had taken, but maybe the heifer was trying to confuse the others. She was determined to reach the end, and Skye grew more confident in her choice.

Skye began down the path on the right, her hooves crushing the straw laid out across the ground. After turning the corner, she glanced around before bolting down the path. She knew Betsy had laid it out in the rules that running was not allowed, you could bump into another cow and have an accident! But it was more fun this way! A little bit of risk, plus the thrill of trying not to be caught.

She continued on, only slowing when she began to approach an intersection ahead.
    (244 words)
Yodel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: betsy's winding corn maze! -- day 2

Postby Areater » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:34 am

sunflower seeds are scattered across each path - you pick up a few before you reach the next intersection. you can trade these for prizes later!

the following users get 8 sunflower seeds each!
    BiscuitTheDog
    besieged
    ceance
    honeybunchesofoats
    Ravendarus
    ptarmigan
    ♔Voltaire♔
    BadgerBuddies
    acadicus
    knickknacks
    Morghettio
    Winter Shores
    DarkestWerewolf
    bluex
    Northstar.
    sprig
    certified
    Bluebird-
    paopu
    Joke's On You
    Desmond
    Cactologist
    Black.Wings
    Pufferheart
    Queen Vivane
    drift.
    vanilla bean.
    fawn-
    mtuan,
    surfingmars
    Micki.
    Yodel

prompt two has been posted! please let me know if i missed you <3
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
x
x
┌───────────┐

hecking moo.
⇢ she/her ⇠
⇢ atheist ⇠
⇢ queer ⇠

└───────────┘
x
x
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
Areater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:35 am

username -- DarkestWerewolf
    buttermilk w/ link -- Aria
    day -- 2
    choice -- Straight
    prompt (200 words min.) -- 291 words
      Just as she reached the next intersection. She paused to assess her choices. She wasn’t hungry at the moment so she didn’t want any corn. She could already hear the disappearing hooves of Betsy on the right, murmuring something about stories to those who followed her. She turned her attention to the middle path. Aria internalised a scream. The path was scattered with trash. Empty jars, packets, cans and even wrappers lay scattered everywhere. It’s probably the entire length of the path. She could feel her headache coming. Littering was such a pet peeve for her. The world is already facing a climate crisis and these brats still have the gall to litter to their heart’s desire. To add to her rage, there was literally a trash can sitting not far away from the paths. There were trash cans designated at every intersection.

Aria just so happen to see a plastic bag laying in the dirt, amongst the litter. She picked it up and examined. No holes. She started going down the path, picking up each and every litter she sees along the way. You could practically see the steam rising through her ears. She trudged along the path, heavy hooves thundering the path as she cleared the litter. When she finds out who’s the culprit, it won’t be pretty. However, by the time she finally picked up the last empty drink can, she realised that she was already one of the last few in the maze. The others had probably moved on, considering she had to take extra time to clean up. She sighed, feeling a bit better that the path is now free of trash. She tied a knot on the plastic bag and threw it in the bin.
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:50 am

username -- knickknacks
    buttermilk w/ link -- Quince
    day -- 2
    choice -- straight
      Upon arriving at the next intersection of the corn maze, Quince stopped to consider her options again. The ears of corn scattered along the left path certainly looked appetizing, she admitted. But she had eaten before coming to the fair, and wasn't hungry right now. Besides, she felt like it would be somewhat improper to take corn from Betsy's maze without asking. She wasn't here for the snacks, anyways.

From the right path she could hear Betsy's voice, chatting happily with several unfamiliar cows. Quince pricked her ears at the sounds of their laughter, smiling slightly. They sounded like they were having a nice time for sure, but she wasn't sure she was ready to interact with a group of mostly unfamiliar cows right now.

That left the path straight ahead. As she examined this option, a small frown grew on Quince's face as she noticed small bits of trach lying around on the ground. She strode forward purposely, bending to pick up as many loose wrappers, discarded cans, and bottle caps as she could. How rude of... whoever had done this! She gave a small, disapproving snort and continued on, clutching the retrieved trash to her. Hopefully she could find a place to safely discard this- maybe she could find Betsy again, and ask her about it.

Of the four young calves Beverly had adopted, Quince had always been the 'responsible sibling-' helping her adoptive mother with dishes, putting away toys the other girls left lying about, shushing Logan and Thalia when they stayed up too late talking because, really, certain individuals were trying to sleep here! Even now that she and her sisters were all adults, and though Quince wasn't even the oldest, she still nursed a sense of responsibility for others, especially her family. If they couldn't take care of their own messes, Quince would gladly come alongside them to help.

Or, in the case of this abandoned trash, she'd take it upon herself, if only for the sake of the corn.

{335 words}
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BadgerBuddies » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:05 am

username -- BadgerBuddies
    buttermilk w/ link -- Sherbet
    day -- 2
    choice -- Left
    Sherbet had been trying her best to keep up with Betsy down the first stretch of the corn maze. She was starting to feel pretty winded, but wasn’t able to give up. Finally, she catches up, but she comes to a split path once again. She sighs, but manages to shake off the feeling of frustration and tiredness pretty quickly.

She watches as Betsy cuts a right rather than continue on straight this time. It seemed obvious that Sherbet would want to continue to follow the heifer in order to have someone to chat with, but there was another path that caught her eye at the last second before making a rash decision to keep following Betsy. To the left, there was… fresh corn popping up! It was accessible from the path, and Sherb could see several others stopping for a quick snack break.

The soft heifer decided to take the left, as there were friends to be made down this path that were preoccupied, and wouldn’t be darting off anywhere as quickly as Betsy might be. Plus, Sherb would be able to take a quick rest and refuel with the energy from the corn cobs before continuing her journey throughout the maze. All that running after Betsy to try to catch up and talk to her really makes a cow tired!

(222)
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cactologist » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:32 am

username -- Cactologist
    buttermilk w/ link -- Bedelia
    day -- 2
    choice -- Straight
    prompt (200 words min.) -- Bedelia glances around herself once again. This time, the path to her left seems very inviting. Huge golden corn cobs jut from their stalks, just begging to be eaten. Bedelia begins to turn in that direction, but quickly jerks back and shakes her head. It would be wrong to eat the corn in a corn maze. That would practically be vandalism, and besides, she didn't pay for it! She could get corn elsewhere; the farmer's market was full of it. She would be constantly tempted on that path, so she better not risk it.
    Next she looks at the path straight ahead. The walkway is lined with trash, as if someone had emptied a trash bag there. Normally she would be quick to help and jump right in, but right now she doesn't have a bag or gloves. She was used to picking up after others without complaint, as she can't expect all her younger siblings and cousins to be fully responsible. Besides, who knows, maybe no one else will be kind enough to pick up the trash in the future and that path will never be taken. It could be the right path, too! Maybe there is an empty bag of some sort among the rubbish that she could use, or otherwise she could at least push it into a pile so it would be easier to pick up later. She doesn't completely discard the possibility of that path.
    Just then, she hears the distinctive voice of Betsy down the path to her right. She's whining about being bored, and Bedelia cringes. How could anyone be bored in a place like this? She must be even more strange and negative than Bedelia originally thought.
    Having made her decision, Bedelia turns back to the path straight ahead. Oh well, she has time and might as well be helpful! Slowly and precisely she moves the trash into a pile until the path is clear and she reaches the next intersection. (329 words)
Cactologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BiscuitTheDog » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:25 am

username -- BiscuitTheDog
    buttermilk w/ link -- Carmie
    day -- 2/two
    choice -- left
    prompt --
    Carmie peered down the right path. A crowd of cows were following Betsy, yammering to her about their life and their stories. Carmie didn't particularly have any exciting stories, more sad ones. So she looked straight. This path was littered, and Carmie felt designated to help, but it appeared there was only a few cans and bags laying around now, and some cows were already heading for them. Soon the path would be spotless, and she'd have no use there any longer. She looked left- and was immediately blessed. Golden, fresh corn... It definitely looked tasty, but Carmie was more of a blackberry kind of gal. Due to events in her childhood, she'd grown immensely fond of blackberries.
    Carmie's hooves absently took her down the left path as her mind started wandering, thinking about blackberries.
    Really, there was no way to go wrong with blackberries! Unless you are allergic... But that's not the point! Blackberries are a gorgeous blend of tartness and sweetness, but they are more sweet than anything once ripened. Blackberries are quite nutritious and high in antioxidants. Carmie loves them because they can be great in practically anything. Blackberries in a cake? Yum! Blackberries on a cupcake? Totally! Blackberry pie? Delicious!
    Carmie's mouth watered just thinking of a blackberry pie. Heck, Carmie would drink blackberry lemonade for the rest of her life if she could.
    The ground beneath Carmie suddenly gave way, and she tumbled forward. "Oooh," Carmie groaned. She got up, shaking her head. Looking back, she saw a dip in the group. The heifer had been so caught up in her blackberry fantasies that she'd tripped. Never mind it- she would've made a bigger commotion if she'd bumped into one of the cows in front of her.
    She'd reached the next intersection, and there were quite a few cows waiting for Betsy ahead of her.
    (310 words)

-hardly active... i draw... call me october
BiscuitTheDog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me