Re: Kalon #1592

Postby Wolfumus » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:12 am

username; Wolfumus
name; Yeti
gender; Female
prompt; Yeti, although she doesn't seem like it, has VERY thick fur. Under her short coat is layer upon layer of microfurs that make it easy for her to live in cold climates that are normally uninhabitable but makes it challenging to live in warmer climates with the other kalons. Because she is very social, she decided that she needed to improvise and what better way to do that than to eat ice cream and snow cones 24/7?! Not only does it provide her with the cold her body needs, but it also tastes so good! Plus, it makes the color in her face even more vibrant. It's the perfect solution!
She/Her or He/Him | Androgynous Female | Bisexual | Adult | OCD & PTSD
Things will get better, I promise. You're doing great!
Wolfumus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby junie b. jones » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:45 pm

username: junonia
name: ezra pinsky

prompt:
ezra pinsky was not friends with the heat.
the stifling heat of the sticky-hot summers, the ones that were so irretrievably
intertwined with his memories of summers spent in his mother's swampy florida
hometown, the ones that promptly matted his alabaster white fur with sweat,
and deepened the rosy flush on his cheeks with their unrelenting
sunshine, were what cemented this lack of friendship deep into his psyche.
in fact, ezra pinsky craved the cold.
there was nothing quite like the endless florida summer to reminder him
of how much he missed the cold, blustery winds of winters spent in his coastal
hometown on the other side of continent. he constantly craved a chill that could
be felt deep in his bones, and on those languid summer days spent sitting on his
gramma's sun porch the constant hum of mosquitoes, the deep throaty croaks
of the bullfrogs, and the tip-tapping of his own bored paws all seemed to
speak the same two words to him - cold bones, cold bones, cold bones,-
over and over, again and again
perhaps ezra was homesick because he craved the cold, perhaps
he craved the cold because he was homesick.

either way, ezra wanted his bones to feel cold again. he tried sitting in front
of gramma's freezer, until she came along in a huff and while mumbling something
about wasting her good cool air, and shoved a popsicle into ezra's paws and shooed
him out of the kitchen. as ezra ate the popsicle, he couldn't help but feel a little bit
of cold in his bones, almost like home. all throughout that summer, gramma would
buy a box of popsicles with her weekly groceries,a different flavor every time, and
ezra grew to love everything about the popsicles. the crinkle of their plastic wrappers,
the garish boxes, the endless amount of sickly sweet flavors; popsicles made the
stifling florida summers doable.
in the end ezra's love of popsicles stayed because of they
reminded him of the chill of home, but also because they helped him
make peace with his florida summers, no matter how stifling the heat.

[wc: three-hundred-fifty-three (353) / four-hundred (400)]

junie b. jones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strawberry.Wyne » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:17 pm

username; .Viscera.
    name; Lems
    gender; Male
    prompt; Lems’s favorite childhood memory before his mom had passed was when she took his out to ice cream after a rough day at school after being made fun of as a little guy. Ever since then, he’s always been fond of the frozen treats. And not just certain ones. He loves all kinds; ice cream, popsicles, sherbet, frozen mochi, milkshakes, etc. He has a week spot for the treats and could never turn them down, getting a little memory of his late mother was worth the horrible brain freeze.
₊˚ ︵‿︵୨୧ · · 🍓 · · ୨୧‿︵‿ ˚₊
Strawb~•~She/Her~•~Law Student
Remember to stay hydrated! x

Image Image
₊˚ ︵‿︵୨୧ · · 🍓 · · ୨୧‿︵‿ ˚₊
Strawberry.Wyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clemen » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:00 pm

username; Sunscratch
name; Isa
gender; Female
prompt; Well, Isa always loves cold treats because she hates being warm. She can't sit still when she's warm. It makes her feel itchy and uncomfortable. Her favorite is a pomegranate dark chocolate bar. Another reason is because her mother used to own a ice cream shop. Her mother sold all the ice cream for free. Her mother passed away of a strange sickness. All the doctor would tell Isa that her mother was too warm. Isa was only 6 when she passed. Isa loves eating the pomegranate dark chocolate bar on a swing her mother built for her. Isa is planning to follow in her mother's footsteps and open a store called; "Frost bite ! ". She hopes her mother is watching over her. And one day, she hopes to become as successful as her mother on day.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color
[color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I ❤️ CAR SEAT HEADREST
clemen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raven [烏] » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:59 pm

username; norang
    name; Kami
    gender; male
    prompt;

To put it very simply; some are warmer than others.

A person with a warm personality is like hot chocolate and marshmallows on a cold day. A person who is sincerely interested in what you are doing and what you have to say, a person who makes time for friends, who puts others first. A person with a warm personality is kind, and cares about other people. You can feel their warmth when you are with them or around them. They always make people feel welcome and wanted.

However, some are warmer than warm. You would think that someone with a warm personality deserves the best of the best. But it never usually happens this way. They tend to never put themselves first and more often than not, they don't fight for what they want. Others are likely to abuse or take advantage of them. What a pity.

Maybe it's a good thing Kami realised this. In fact, there's a saying that sometimes you just need to be a little more assertive, more cold. The ice helps with that. All year round, Kami enjoys only all things frozen. His ice-cold beverages and glacial appetite seem to have changed him. No, not just physically but spiritually as well. He once ate a whole pint of ice cream in the middle of a blizzard just to prove a point. And you're probably wondering why I said that he has changed physically. You see, he's eaten food cold enough to turn his throat blue. It doesn't seem to bother him though.
raven | she/he/they
“life finds a way” – ian malcolm
abt | kals | ♡ | TH
raven [烏]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zailune » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:07 am

username; Zailune
name; Muschka Ollie
gender; female - she/her
prompt;

It was another blistering, sunny day. The air was harsh and the pavement hot beneath Muschka’s paws – but nothing would stop her from visiting the ice cream shop run by an elderly friend today. It was a daily routine over every summer, Muschka would race to the shop to get a frosty treat just about every morning. If her work ever conflicted with these plans, she’d simply head out earlier or later. The most important thing to her was that she’d get the chance to stop by!

It was a sunny day just like this one when Muschka came to this town. Not knowing anyone in the area, she felt uneasy about the move. This day was the first day Muschka visited the ice cream shop.

It was another bright and sunny day when Muschka entered high school. Her first day was a train wreck of slip-ups and awkwardness. Still, the after-school ice cream was plenty to cheer her up.

Again, it was a sunny day when Muschka applied all around town for her first job. That night’s treats helped chill her mind and allowed her to stray from her worried thoughts.

Muschka had plenty of memories of the ice cream shop in her small town. It always stood as a way to treat herself when things went right and calm her senses when things went wrong.

“This is the worst day of my life.”
Kicked out, unable to secure a job – where can I go? What will I do?

……

“You can work here, if you need a job. I could use some help, since things have been getting busy.”
Really? You say that like you haven’t been managing fine for the past 10 years I’ve been coming here… why would you help someone you barely know?
She’s really something.

304/400 words
Image Image
----------------------

Heya, it's Zail - feel free to message me about anything! I'm online pretty frequently.
I may be a bit of a weirdo but I mean well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lots of love for those struggling, too. You're not alone.
Zailune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby f1owercrown » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:08 am

username; f1owercrown
    name; Mo
    gender; Male
    prompt; [400/400]

Mo remembered his childhood like it was yesterday, when the afternoon sun kissed their skin and their subdivision pool was filled with kids who had just gotten out of school. Mo would say yes to their invites, mostly because they were fun, partially because she tagged along too -- a girl named Peach.

Peach was a doll to everyone. Despite being the most pampered of them all, she was also the kindest. Though few interactions occurred between the two, that didn't stop Mo from having a little crush on her.

On a summer Thursday he was invited again, and to their subdivision pool the kids stormed. That was a special day too, because one of the kids had brought ice pops. The kids flocked to the treats, grabbing many at once. By the time Mo took a peek in the box, none were left. He was visibly sad.

Pop! went the breaking of the ice pops.

"Do you want my half?" Someone said to Mo. It was Peach, with the sweetest smile on her face.

"What! A-Are you sure?" He stuttered.

Peach shrugged. "Yeah, why not! I like having someone to share with. I also wanted to get to know you, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity."

And by the edge of the pool the two talked while eating their share.

Come to think of it, that was two decades ago, wasn't it?

"Whatcha thinking about, Mistah Mo?" Asked one kid. "I'm tiiiiiiiiiiired from all this math."

Two decades later, Mo found himself as a tutor to kids. And where was Peach? She had moved away years ago.

"Sorry, do you want to take a break? I have ice pops in the freezer if you want."

"Yes!" The kids exclaimed.

And pop! went the breaking of the ice pops.

"Mistah Mo, have my other half!" Someone said to Mo. It was one of the kids, with a sweet smile on her face.

Mo was surprised. "Are you sure?"

The kid nodded. "Yes! I think pop are more delicious when shared! And you always bring cold treats but never eat them with us."

Mo smiled as he was handed half of the ice pop.

"Why do you always have so many cold treats, anyway, Mister?" Asked another.

"Well," Mo said. "It's about ice pops a girl named Peach..."

And that afternoon break was filled with joyful thoughts of his childhood.
Last edited by f1owercrown on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ┌──────────────┐

────────────────────
    flower · v soft · she/her
    ────────────────────
    I'd rather waltz than just
    walk through the forest.

└──────────────┘
      ┌──────────────┐

───────── ─────────
      v busy bee in postgrad.
      please do not ask to buy
      any of my characters, ty!

────────────────────
      about · kalons · tumblr
      skarmoury#9386
      ────────────────────
      icon · oc pixel · forest pixel
      ────────────────────

└──────────────┘
f1owercrown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:27 am

username; Skywardthedragon
name; Chelli
gender; Female
prompt;
“I’m not the Abominable Snowman!”
Chelli’s fur stood on edge as the kits teased her, only serving to make her look more fluffy. In this moment, she cursed her rosy-red cheeks, which made her look embarrassed. She was, but she didn’t want to be!

“You’ve got fangs, you’ve got fur, you only eat frozen foods!” one of the kits chanted, dancing around her. She turned to follow him, her long legs tangling with each other as she turned around in the small space. The kits laughed even more as she fell over.

Embarrassed, and blushing for real, she ran home.

Why did she like cold foods, anyway? She thought it was because of her fur. It warmed her up and kept her insulated, but in this tropical island, it only made her overheat. Air conditioning was rare (though, of course, she had it in her own house) and fans could only do so much, so she made sure everything she ate was cold. Frozen yogurt, popsicles, ice cubes... Sometimes she ate “normal” foods, but only after they were in the refrigerator for a long time. And, of course, she kept a jug of water in there to drink from.

She could certainly move back to her family’s house, up in the freezing mountains where any day had at least a 30% chance of snow. But then, she would miss out on all of the experiences she had here, all of the warm beaches and juicy (frozen) fruit.

For now, she’d stay. Even if those kids were annoying.
Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tremolite » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:04 pm

username; tremolite
name; Luma
gender; female
prompt; As a child, Luma never really liked frozen foods or treats. In fact, she quite literally despised them. They always made her feel sick, and have her headaches. She used to live in the mountains, snow surrounding her for miles. She'd prefer something hot, something that took her mind off of her surroundings.
She had a best friend, who absolutely loved anything frozen. That was one of the few things that they disagreed on, what treats to get, what snacks to eat. But... Luma loved it, teasing them about it. They'd always settle on something in between, like ice cream on freshly baked cookies, which always warded off the terrible headaches.
However, Luma was forced to move with her family, away from the mountains, away from her friend. She was torn, loving that she was moving to a warmer area, but devastated over losing her best friend. The night before she moved, she spent it at her best friend's house.
Once she arrived at her new home, she realized just how hot it was. It was terrible, compared to her old home in the mountains! In fact, the reasons that she never ate cold things--the headaches, the upset stomach--they were back in full force, but all the time! Complaining, she tried the frozen yogurt that her friend recommended to her, which, surprisingly to her, was delicious. It helped her with her aches, and reminded her of her best friend. She now eats it almost every day, as a reminder of good times! (and to... ward off her headaches but she prefers to leave that part out)
tremolite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

yeti

Postby bee » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:15 pm

username; nosebleed
      name; yvon "yeti" klein
      gender; male
      prompt;
      yeti's mother runs a dessert shop. as a child, he'd always wander in while out with friends and peek over the counter, little paws tucked beneath his chin, and gently ask his mother for a treat. of course his loving mother obliged. the requests had a routine; mint chocolate chip on mondays, sorbets on tuesdays, a fudge bar for wednesday, coffee ice cream on thursdays, an ice cream soda on fridays. weekends were reserved for a mother-and-son trip down to the burger joint, where they'd both get milkshakes with fries to dip in it.

nowadays, yeti is off on his gap year, currently residing on aspen mountain where he's working on his dream of being a professional skier. keeping up with tradition, he goes out of his way to have a cold treat every day, and go on to text his mother what he had. when she misses him more than usual, she'll sell the same treat in her shop for half price so that the little kalons that visit with their families can have it. this helps her feel closer to him.
bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me