Re: Rise | #1531

Postby dimi. » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:33 am

closed! you guys have until 3 PM CDT to edit your forms, any forms edited after this mark will be disqualified!
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Stars Clan // Flightrising
i'm dimi., a college
graduate just vibing.
here for stars tbh

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #1531

Postby dimi. » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:28 am

Congrats on Sedgedrop, really beautiful name!

HM to Yellow. for a really cool name :0
Birchii wrote:Username: Birchii
Name: Sedgedrop

Clan: GealachClan
Name Reasoning: Sedgedrop's name has several meanings to him. He was named Sedgekit from birth, the colours of his pelt comparable to the sedge plant. He was also named after his father, the former deputy - Sedgestrike. Sedgestrike had succumbed to injuries obtained in a battle before Sedgekit was ever born, and so he has only ever heard stories and legends of his father. Fairly quickly, Sedgekit decided he didn't like the sound of him. Arrogant, cocky, stupidly confident and courageous, skilled in battle... Sedgekit looked the double of his father, and constantly received compliments or comments on their striking similarities. The only difference were his eyes; he had inherited his mother's calm, blue eyes. "A drop of me is always with you," his mother would say to him each night as a kit. He could never understand how his sweet, loving mother had fallen in love with his father, but she rarely spoke of him, and Sedgekit didn't care enough to find out more.

His home clan were a harsh clan, favouring strength and battle skills over intelligence or kindness. As Sedgekit became an apprentice, he learned to hide the gentle nature he'd received from his mother. 'If the clan sees me as strong and stoic, then that's what I'll give them,' he thought. He earned scars in his extensive battle training, as every apprentice did; a feline would be seen as weak if they became a warrior without any permanent clawmarks somewhere on their body.

When Sedgepaw was nearly 13 moons, a warrior in every aspect save for his name, he witnessed the deputy kill the former leader and claim a badger attacked before he could do anything. Sedgepaw refused to stay any longer, seeing what the clan was to become under the cruel and new leadership. The clan was no longer his home - he doubted it ever had been, and wondered what had made his mother stay. He begged his mother to join him in running far away from the lands, knowing he wasn't strong or smart enough to challenge the new authority, and to his relief, his mother agreed.

They spent two moons running, stopping only to briefly rest, for they knew they would be hunted for the first stretch of their journey. It was once they crossed a twoleg-city they finally took a breath, able to travel on at a better pace. A few more moons passed until they finally arrived at GealachClan. Sedgepaw was cautious at first, unsure whether to place trust in the clan, but seeing his mother gladly accept the warm offers of help put his mind at ease - somehow, his mother seemed to always know what was truth and what was not. They rapidly settled into their new life; his mother was given time to recover from an illness she had picked up on her journey, and Sedgepaw took another moon to learn new skills unique to GealachClan.

Morningstar came to Sedgepaw the day before his warrior ceremony, informing him to think of a warrior name for himself. She explained how GealachClan offered all its apprentices the same choice, and advised him to talk with his mother. Upon taking her advice, Sedgepaw found out why his mother had loved Sedgestrike; his personality was also a facade, and he had hoped to change the clan for the better when he became leader. Sedgepaw realised that he was alike his father after all, for he dreamed of a better life, and had seen his mother safely to one. Sedgepaw became Sedgedrop, proudly honouring his father through it, and always remembering the piece of him that his mother had given him.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Stars Clan // Flightrising
i'm dimi., a college
graduate just vibing.
here for stars tbh

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes