Re: kalon #862 - the mage

Postby riceboy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:21 pm

username:
partners? (if so, please link their forms!)

kalon's name:
kalon's gender:
this kalon made a grave mistake- what was it?
design this kalon's magic wand
bonus action: (1 extra, can be 1 art or up to 900 words)

marrrrk
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxixxxxx✌🌸🐆
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxixxxxxrice / eryk / mercury , a human-sized furby
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxixxxxxi rly like edgy stuff and expired pringles lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxixxxxxhe/they idc, i like a lot of things too so oof
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxixxxxxmovies and tv shows are my enitre life, but
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxixxxxxi'm kin with garfield and love videogames
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxixxxxxif you're wondering anything lmao i'm kinda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxixxxxxChill so. feel free to; i'm very annoying hah.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxixxxxxi rp + draw sometimes too but eh. less now
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxixxxxxback from long hiatus, activity is p spotty!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxixxxxx✌🌸🐆
riceboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Creative » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:01 pm

username: Creative
partners? (if so, please link their forms!) maybe

Name: Faahita
A Grave Mistake:
somethin with music and it backfiring, causing everyone to go deaf.

Magic Wand:
Conductor's wand (ref to come)

Last edited by Creative on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
-------------------------------------------------
ImageImage
--------------------------
If you like this little Fennec
Fawn, click on her and enter
for your own! You might
find one as cute as her!

Hi, I'm Creative! I've been on this site for a while, so my trade groups are pretty large, send me a trade! I'll trade for pets on my wishlist, but C$ is preferred so check out my sales groups!

Working on commissions. <3
2.5/5 done!

Check out my brand new species!!

Creative

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peppermintleo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:21 pm

username: rainbow.quasar

kalon's name: Amalia
kalon's gender: female
call me pure / he-him pronouns / transboy
ImageImage Image
peppermintleo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yikes ¡¡ » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:51 am

res !!
username: yikes ¡¡
partners? n/a !

kalon's name: sayer florence (goes by flor)
- a magical button
- lunchbox that you can pull whatever you desire out of
- some vintage leg warmers that when worn will predict the future
- 'rose colored glasses' not sure what they can do but thats a wip
-
yikes ¡¡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Screwball❤︎ » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:10 pm

username: Screwball❤︎
kalon's name: Adrienn
kalon's gender: Male
this kalon made a grave mistake- what was it? In his youth, Adrienn was a rude upper-class citizen in a decently large village. On his way home one day, he passes an old beggar. The beggar begged and pleaded for some food and water (which Adrienn had on him) but he refused and began to belittle the poor old woman. After his fit, the woman's eyes glowed and her old cloak was switched
to pricey wizard robes. Adrienn was taken aback, spitting harsh words at the witch, but she rose a staff and spoke runes under her breath. Adrienn tried to yell more but he couldn't; no words could leave his mouth. His eyes went wide and the witch smiled, "Until you learn some humility, you are cursed to forever be mute", and she vanished without a trace. Adrienn began to dedicate his life to break the curse, studying magic until he himself became a witch. He travels far and wide looking for someone or something to cure him. His personality took a major shift from arrogance to seriousness, keeping to himself and taking the trouble of communicating only when he has to. The neighbouring towns have began to call him "The Wanderer", as he cannot tell them his name and is seen walking almost aimlessly around.
design this kalon's magic wand: Umbrella wand~ A very powerful but dangerous magic weapon; It can absorb the magic from other items, including negative magic affects. If the user isnt a skilled magic user, they could get hurt weilding it.
xxImage

bonus action: (to the left)
Last edited by Screwball❤︎ on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:17 am, edited 9 times in total.
<3
Screwball❤︎

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cuervo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:55 pm

-
Last edited by Cuervo on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mima » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:41 am

username: mima
    partners?: n/a

kalon's name: c.w.
    kalon's gender: male

this kalon made a grave mistake- what was it?:
      "Cuh- Cyw- How the hell do you say that?"

"Cyr'llyn'bn Wr'lrth'yn. It is not that difficult."

The human made a disgusted face at his enunciation. All he could do in response was pout- how dare she insult his name, somehow both insulting his parents' sensibility and the deity of elves everywhere, Corellon Larethian. At the same time he needed to keep his cool but also desperately wanted to spit at her feet. He bit his lip as she continued.

"Listen, Cy- Whatever. Why don't you just take a while, adjust to your new setting, and come back with a name that is physically possible to spell."

"...I will take your suggestions into consideration. I hope for both of our sakes you are not still on registration duty when I return." C.W. slammed the magical tome in front of him closed to punctuate his sentence, before gathering that and his staff into his arms. He had wanted only to work with their guild- he was providing a service to them by offering. His name wasn't to be questioned.

But of course, one could tell by how dejected he looked as he left the building that he was still victim to some amount of self-consciousness. He wanted the job, and he hated the idea of his name being taken as a joke. The modern world of humans was baffling to him, and in a way, a bit scary. He liked just going back to what he had done in his young life- hunting down monsters, undertaking vague and dangerous quests, solving riddles... true adventurer life. Hard to come by in these modern times.

His idle wandering of the streets was fruitless, though. He gazed silently at the human advertisements. C.W.'s Common was far from perfect- his tone always a bit too formal, and the meanings of many obscure things were lost on him. Still, the advertisements were colorful, large, and something to distract himself with. His eyes crossed one for some product he had never seen before, purpose unknown.

And in a spurt of unfortunate inspiration, he was from thereon dubbed Crunchwrap.

design this kalon's magic item: welcome to my poorly drawn mind

bonus action:
      The first meeting with his soon to be party was... unfortunate.

First of all, they were late. He had been sitting in the guild hall for nearly half an hour, poring over one trashy romance novel or another (good reading was hard to come by around here, but in a way, human novels were amusing in their quaintness) as he stirred his tea. Sure, that was fine for passing time on the weekends, but as for work he liked to get it done as soon as possible.

Second of all, they showed up shabby. One of them was burly, seemingly unwashed, and dumb looking. The other... Well, he was small, and he didn't look too strong or impressive. Granted, better than the first, but not the kind of person he was excited to work with. Well, at least they looked like they could stand there and get hit while he sat in the back.

And third of all, and most annoyingly, the first thing the dumb looking one asked was simply,

"So I heard you brought Taco Bell?"
Last edited by Mima on Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

it's a dream that's not like a dream-

intp 5w6 | roleplays | any pronouns
dragon game | neopets | toyhou.se
Mima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

kalon #862 - the mage | Priscilla's Fatal Mistake

Postby Mint Chip » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:12 am

username: Mint Chip
    partner(s): Strudel (fighter kalon)

kalon's name: Priscilla
      (but most only know her as The Witch of the Mist)

There is a story to be told for the Witch of the Mist, she was not always known by this title nor by the great calamity she had caused. But in a young witch's life, there is always that defining moment that determines whether you're a good or a bad one. There is a fine line between those two opposing forces and a path that one must tread very carefully or else risk tipping to one side or the other. This was the case with a young, aspiring witch named Priscilla.

It all happened one moonless night, the stars barely visible in the dark sky above as Priscilla mixed her brew. She was a novice still when it came to much of her trade but she was vigilant regardless. She mixed in many ingredients, among them a dried frog, numerous mushrooms and some poison, all in hopes of creating a master's level mix. She wasn't a bad witch, but nor was she a good one. She was selfish, and rash with her decisions and far too proud to seek out help or advice from others. The brew she had produced filled her hollowed out tree fort, thickening in the air and manifesting into an apparition of sorts with wicked, violet aura surrounding them. Priscella hadn't meant to create a creature such as this, her potion had only been meant to create a cloaking brew so she could walk amongst the common folk of the valley without receiving wary and skeptical looks. What she had created was far more than she had ever expected to create but in itself was a master's level brew with great power of its own.

Priscilla called for her familiar Ryker who was an enchanted creature all his own. He came in the form of a raven, landing on her shoulder at her beckon call. "to my hand, Ryker!" She demanded and in only a moment her familiar had morphed into her hand in the form of a wand. She pointed her wand to the apparition and began to speak the ancient language of her ancestors as she tried to conjure up a spell. She was channeling the power in Ryker's body to send this manifestation back from where it had come. The apparition didn't take well to what Priscilla was trying to do, and in one moment showed that he was in no way under her control. His power exceeding anything Priscilla's familiar could match, and far beyond anything she had read of in her books. The ghastly creature threw her and her familiar back in one extraordinary blast of power and vanished into thin air. Priscilla had passed out from the impact against the thick bark walls.

When she awoke hours later, everything had changed and the valley her home overlooked was in ruins. Not only that, but the entire area was shrouded in the same dark mist that her brew's conjuration had. It was in this moment that she realized exactly the sort of horror she had unleashed on the innocent valley and it's inhabitants. She knew she had made a horrible mistake then, but even more so when she looked to her familiar lying very still on the floor near where she had landed. Ryker was damaged and in desperate need of repairs, and Priscilla knew that without her familiar she would stand no chance at all against the monster she had unleashed. She collected everything she'd need and took Ryker to the mountains, there was a place she could repair him if she found right ingredients. She would return to set things straight and to clean up the mess she had made once Ryker was healed. In the meantime, the valley continued to suffer great torment at the hands of this otherworldly creation. The valley and it's surrounding areas took on the name Cindermist and the rumors of how the sinister mist came to be had began. Many sought out the young witch, but when she was nowhere to be found many began to believe this was done on purpose. Many claimed they knew all along that she was an evil witch, and eventually the rumors were classified as truths. Before Priscilla returned her home was torched to the ground, and she was eventually dubbed the Witch of the Mist.
      (719 words)
    design this kalon's magic wand:
      Priscilla's wand appears to be a regular wand when in "wand form" but in fact, her wand is a shape-shifting familiar named Ryker.
    bonus action:
      This was getting to be too much, no matter where Priscilla would go she couldn't escape her mistake. The monster she had created ravaged many a countryside as she traveled to have Ryker repaired. She traveled far to try to catch up with the horrible specter she had conjured but no matter how close she got it would always elude her. There was no rest for the weary either if anyone realized she was the "witch of the mist" from the horrible rumors she was immediately chased from the towns. This made seeking out the answers she needed to put a stop to this ghastly being a lot more complicated. As it stood she had encountered many other witches and wizards at this point and none of them could understand how she created what she had. Most didn't believe she had even made it since she had no real magical aura or abilities since all her magic was found in her familiar. Her mission of putting an end to all the people's suffering who was being caused by this monster was seeming more and more impossible with each passing day.

To make matters worse Priscilla had an encounter with an enraged young warrior, who she knew could hardly be considered a man at his age. The encounter was both brief and terrifying as she recalled the exacts of the experience. She had been traveling to the next town in hopes of finding some genuine answers to aid her in taking down the conjured creature. It was a normal day of travel, just keeping some quiet conversation with Ryker who was perched as he often was on her shoulder. That was until Ryker stopped talking and glanced back only vaguely before nudging her. He gave a quick warning for her to prepare, that they were not alone. Priscilla turned to look back towards the treeline, she could vaguely see a shape in that direction and was about to continue on her why when the feature burst from the trees in an all out run coming straight for her. She could hear him yell to her, and the words were sent ringing in her ears. "You will die today for your crimes, witch!" She was frozen for a moment, her fur raised a bit in apprehension as he charged her way. Ryker changed immediately in his wand form and landed in her grasp. Priscilla regained her composure quietly as she cast a spell at Waylon, confident she could stop him but he deflected it as if it were nothing at all. Her surprise visible on her face as fear swept over her. I can't stop him with my magic?! He still came at her at an alarming speed. She threw Ryker upward, he'd know what to do. With a blast of magic energy, he changed from the wand to a magnificent wyvern. Without wasting any time Ryker's talons grasped hold of Priscilla and hoisted her quickly into the air while their attacker was stunned.

"Thank you, Ryker." Priscilla managed, she was catching her breath a little. She looked down to Waylon, "Haven't I seen him before?" She questioned herself. She didn't think much more about it as Waylon yelled again. "Afraid to pay for your crimes, Mist Witch!" Priscilla's fur bristled in annoyance, "No! I don't know what you're talking about!" she called down to him "Leave me be!" She couldn't believe this kalon's audacity. How dare he! She watched him a moment, he looked as though he was going to try and throw his weapon at her. Idiot, I hope it falls on his head. She felt her fur stand on end as he launched the mace at her. It soared through the air only missing her by a few inches before it dropped back down in front of him. What does that boy eat? She tried to regain her composure and called down, "Nice try, muscle brain!"

She could hear the frustration and anger in Waylon's voice, "Come back down here and say that to my face, sorceress! Stop being a coward, and face me!" Priscilla grimaced as she watched him, There's no way I'm going back down there. Something tells me that mace is very dangerous. She twitched her ear as Ryker spoke quietly, "It smells of home." She couldn't even focus on anything he said after that, she knew exactly what he meant. She felt tears well up in her eyes at the thought of her burnt home. "You burnt down my home! You..." Priscilla stammered as she resisted the urge to cry, "you... big JERK!" She gritted her teeth in anger. Waylon almost seemed to scoff at her accusation, "Burned your house down? Your cursed tree? I didn't have to, it was already burnt to the base!" Priscilla felt a few tears streak down her cheeks, giving a quiet whimper that only Ryker was close enough to hear. "I never... meant to... I just wanted to be... one of you. For once." Her familiar knew it was time to leave and flew upward, he would take his master well away from this man. He knew she would be all the more determined now to stop this monster. But he knew what she did not, that this conjuration was much different than Priscilla thought. That in actuality something like Ryker himself.
      (900/900 words)
Last edited by Mint Chip on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:10 am, edited 6 times in total.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ effy ]

Postby ede » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:06 pm

username: ede
      partner: Cherrydodge

kalon's name: effy (Elizabeth)

I'm about to tell you a tragic tale of mistakes and darkness. Gather round, come close, strange things walk these lands. You'll be safe with me though tonight.

So before we begin ... a little summary. Magic swirls its way through our lands, both good and bad. Both sides have been eternally battling for the overthrowing of the other. Good and evil come in different forms and even if we believe the opposite, they will never leave.

In this struggle, many are swept up; plucked from their beliefs, they are overcome and manipulated. They are thrust into a side of this battle, regardless of their background or because of their backgrounds. So our story comes upon a certain elizabeth or as she is most known, Effy. A budding mage, she is only just learning the secrets of this world, only just making a way for herself. You see, this is when she was most vulnerable.

They tempted her with lies and she, believing she was doing good, came into their clutches. They, of course, are the evil ones, those with the need for power. They tangled their fingers into her mind, twisting her beliefs until they resembled those of the people who had taken her in.

She went about her tasks, blindly following orders, dealing out deeds that I will not mention here for those young ears listening. In later years as she remembers these deeds, they will scar Effy's soul, as it takes a truly dark mind to do carry out a deed and leave unscathed.

The scene moves forward a few years. We see Effy deeply entangled in the bad side and she is off on a summons. She is heading out of a tavern and across the path of a wagon. On this wagon is a young handsome man who goes by the name of Belenus. As if in a movie, we see these two meet eyes. Effy there and then falls in love. How, she could feel this emotion through the thick web of lies is a miracle. As we see later on, this is the start of change.

The story moves on now, Effy has been thinking of the man nonstop. She has managed to track him down with her powers, and watches him when she has time. The man has also had thoughts of this young mage. He is training to be a cleric and we come across a time where they will meet but he will not realise. A sermon is going on and our characters are poised in their positions. The look is plain on her face, the hope and love. Now is her chance to talk to him! But her courage fails, and she casts a veil of an older face upon her own. She watches Belenus from the corner of her eye, but never manages talks to him. Her undoing was that her rulers had seen this forbidden love budding in Effy.

Of course, we know that this can't go ahead because being evil means you have no time for love. The rulers plan a scheme that involves our mage using her magic against the man. Effy, who is fed lies about her mission, swishes her wand and before she knows, the man she loves falls onto the floor. Not dead, however, but close. Our little mage realises this is a plot, and with her quick thinking, she casts a spell that changes his memory, erasing all thoughts of her. We watch as she stands before Belenus, and places her hands on his face before turning away with shock and betrayal on her face and leaves. She pushes away the evil forces that was her whole life and runs.

As of now, we are not sure where this clever, sad and heartbroken mage is. Her grave mistake? you ask. Doing all those terrible deeds could be one of them. Going against her beliefs could be another, but these are merely our opinions. To Effy, the day she was used against the man she loved was her biggest mistake. Every day she struggles against this terrible deed, hating herself over and over. What she could have done to stop it. To her, this is the grave mistake. She, as I far as I know, has never been in love again. She warns every man who tries for her affection that she could hurt them, as easily as she did her first lover.

design this kalon's magic wand/device for casting magic: Image
      Her hat of course! Why do you think mages/witches wear pointed hats? It is a lesser known fact that pointed hats contain magic, and an even rarer fact that sometimes, depending on the witch or mage, the hat can be the magic device or 'wand'. Being a magical device, hats must have some defence against strangers wanting to part the hat from its owner. This hat, owned by Effy, can shapeshift. Only in rare occasions though! Its other form is a rat, a brown rat with a star marking on its forehead. It has also been know to sparkle.

bonus action:
      titled i could hurt you
ede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:07 pm

this kalon's magic wand

username waterfront
partners ? ryan. & benjamin.

kalon's name shiloh
kalon's gender male

this kalon made a grave mistake - what was it ?

shiloh proclaimed himself a prophet at young age, starting as something amusing to do with his friends ; foretelling something that might happen the next day to them, likely turning out to be one of his pranks, or even just something as simple as the following evening's weather forecast. eventually this turned into what he'd consider his job.
      shiloh never truly was a prophet though.

however, he was well done in the art of faking it. this was perhaps because when he was young, these " predictions " were well thought out & actually quite clever. he always enjoyed impressing others with his tricks, but shiloh didn't ever begin to think that he could impress anyone other than his peers.

he began to impress families, kalons of different ages. then he began to impress villages filled with the wise.
      soon, shiloh would move on to kingdoms.

his ears seemed to fold neatly under his hat. it gave off a vague sense of fear - but shiloh never wanted to believe, or others to believe, he contained fear at this stage.
      his exterior is cold, treating the things in his hands without care, despite their tenderness, their importance.
      he wanted to see himself that way. how others believed his lies, it made him feel powerful.

when he stepped foot into the castle though, his heart shrieked. what would they ask of him ?
      sure, they promised an extravagant amount of gold in return, but what shiloh promised seemed much more overwhelming.

&, what you can't always expect from a story is a good end.
      his failure to predict properly caused the fall of the kingdom, for it to break out in war. the buildings are torn apart, left in a cloud of smoke & ruins.
      it also caused shiloh to become controversial talk. we'll never know what the young mage truly failed to predict, as lies & myths in stories seem to spread rather quickly, fogging the true idea.

so, after the event, shiloh fled. he fled from not only the kingdom, but his past as well.
      he decided he was no longer a prophet, simply a mage. his riches, his old friends. gone. because he decided it was truly a mistake to lie, & he didn't want to be reminded of it anymore.
      shiloh now, is quite honest - but he despises society " higher than himself ". after the false prediction incident, high authority & law society seem to dislike him too, if he is recognized. this fact is what fuels his hate towards them, if he can forget, why can't they ?

after shiloh truly left his past behind, he met abel & remo, who he now travels with. they are two of the only kalons he finds himself to trust, & consider friends.
      this mistake surely opened his eyes, developed good qualities & bad ones, but he knows that it left a reputation that can't just be forgotten.

bonus action incl. in the wand drawing ! < :
      [ bust drawing of shiloh ]