Re: Kalon #461

Postby Muggywort » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:13 pm

Omg, this kalon is my spirit animal.

Name:
Julian
Sexuality:
Bisexual but preferably male
What are they most proud of?:
Julian has many things he is proud of. Those things can range from his long tail to the fact that he had a dragonfly land on his head. The thing Julian is most proud of is he kept his pet beta fish named Raspberry alive for a little more then eleven years. Raspberry is a red, blue and purple comb tail beta. The pale brown kalon loves Raspberry a lot and even commits part of his day keeping his beta company and training him to do tricks. Julian's beta has a large 30 gallon fish tank to himself and has a number of fish toys and other stuff to keep Raspberry entertained while Julian is away. Most kalons would probably see a beta as just a fish but Julian sees more. He sees a uniqe creature with personality and talent.
┌─────────────────────────────┐
Otus/Oats | He/it | Sapphic
Carrd | TH | My kals
Hey I'm Oats! I rlly like fungi,
plants, hollow knight and snails!
Art & avatar by me

└─────────────────────────────┘
ImageImageImage
Muggywort

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Creative » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:22 pm

Name: Ian
Gender: Questioning (biologically male, uses he/him pronouns)
Sexuality: Bi
Lan is most proud of himself, more specifically that he can accept himself after years of denial. He's been through a hard road, from denial of who he is up to finally acceptance of it. It's hard. And it always will be, though some days will be easy and make him forget that there was ever anything different with him. But those days aren't the majority, and the days when reality comes crashing into him after that are the hardest.
It's easy to pretend that the world is perfect, that he will never be hated or targeted, to pretend that no one will judge him. The internet makes it easier, as vile as it has the tendency to be. He can connect to others like him, who know what he's going through. What he's been through.
The denial, the refusal, the questioning of everything he was ever taught and ever thought he knew for certain. The honeymoon after the acceptance, those short few weeks where he was unabashedly proud of who he was until reality slapped him in the face with bigotry and hatred from those he loved most. The fear that he now faces every time he makes a new friend.
It will never truly get better. But he's proud that after all that, that after everything, he has a future to look forward to. He has himself, alive and well and loving of who he is and finally the knowledge that his opinion of himself is the only one that truly matters.
And he loves himself. And he's so proud to finally be able to say that.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
-------------------------------------------------
ImageImage
--------------------------
If you like this little Fennec
Fawn, click on her and enter
for your own! You might
find one as cute as her!

Hi, I'm Creative! I've been on this site for a while, so my trade groups are pretty large, send me a trade! I'll trade for pets on my wishlist, but C$ is preferred so check out my sales groups!

Working on commissions. <3
2.5/5 done!

Check out my brand new species!!

Creative

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nebulavery » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:23 pm

Name / Etana
from Hebrew and Swahili, meaning "strength, dedication"

Gender / bigender
she/her pronouns

Sexuality / questioning
she definitely likes girls, but doesn't know if she likes other genders too

What is she most proud of?
Etana didn't make it all the way through the door to the Center City Youth Center before she was tackle-hugged. A kit clung to her shoulders, standing slightly on tiptoe and just about bouncing with excitement. "Etana! You're back! You've been gone for forever!"

"Hey, Amber!" Etana replied, attempting to shift so that the bear hug was no longer crushing her windpipe. "I only took a week off. What's up?"

Amberley, thankfully, released her from the hug. "I'm trying to talk my parents into letting me pierce my ears. How'd you manage it?"

A voice came from the direction of the couch in the corner. "You're the eighth person she's asked that this week."

"Oh, shut up, Payton; your parents let you get away with everything," Amber responded.

Sensing an incoming argument, Etana stepped in. "I was already in college when I chose to get my ears pierced, so the only person I had to convince was myself. I did made myself earn them, though."

Amberley plopped herself down on the sofa unceremoniously. "How?"

"Well..." Where to start? Etana curled herself into a beanbag chair near the couch, considering just how much of this story she was willing to share. "So I was in college, my first year, and I was kind of a wreck-"

"Like 'passing out drunk on a sidewalk somewhere after partying too much' type of wreck?" Payton broke in.

"No, more like 'staying in my dorm room all the time and hating everything I did' type of wreck," Etana continued. "Anyways, there was one night where I pulled an all-nighter to get a project done, and then instead of going to class, I just broke down crying because life was just too much to handle. The project was finished, but I hadn't talked to any of my friends in forever, the only thing I'd had to eat in the last two days was a cup of half-cooked ramen and a protein bar, and I was really frustrated at myself for not starting the thing earlier."

"Oh," Payton said, a little more somberly.

"Yeah, it was bad. So there I was, just sobbing on the floor surrounded by pages of notes about safety measures in coal mines, and that's when it really hit me that something needed to change."

Amberley couldn't help but interrupt. "Safety measures in coal mines?"

"Not the point," Etana said, trying to keep the edge of annoyance at being interrupted out of her voice. "Anyways, after I napped for basically half the day, I decided it was finally time to go to the campus counseling place because I obviously wasn't doing so great at dealing with life on my own. The walk over there was kind of ridiculous because I kept getting lost and didn't want to ask anyone for directions, but I finally ended up in the right place. After we talked for a while, I had an idea of what I needed to change, but I didn't really want to do it, so I decided that I'd reward myself for working to better myself."

"With ear piercings?"

"Exactly. For each of the three worst things I was doing, I could get myself a piercing if I stopped for a year. I had to eat things that were healthy on a consistent basis and not be mad at myself for doing so, stop isolating myself from the world, and try to counter negative thoughts with positive ones." Etana paused, realizing that she was starting to sound like a self-help book. Closing her eyes, she mentally ran through the days and weeks and months of work - mornings forcing herself to eat breakfast, afternoons spent typing and retyping answers to the emails and texts that had piled up, nights where she told herself over and over not to kick herself for not getting everything done until she fell asleep, exhausted. "It was a long process."

"But you won?" asked Payton, caught up in the story by now.

"But I won. I got my first piercing after almost exactly a year, my second about three months after that, and the bar piercing maybe five more months later."

Amberley let out a little whoop, and Etana smiled. She'd kind of felt like yelling too when she finally earned her final piercing, emerging victorious with two more holes in her ears and two friends (!!!) by her side. It might have been the hardest thing she'd ever worked for, and she won, she gloriously won.

"I got an A on my last test," Amberley said. "You think that'll convince my parents to let my pierce my ears?"

"I don't know about that," said Etana, grinning, "but I'm proud of you."
Last edited by nebulavery on Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:20 pm, edited 18 times in total.

avery • they/them • artist
ImageImageImage
mostly inactive. yes, i still love my adopts.
nebulavery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

| kalon #461 |

Postby avaloafe » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:42 pm

username;|sam|
    name; tristen
    gender; male
    sexuality; straight
    what are they most proud of?;
        tristen is most proud of what kind of a person he
        has become. always, he has been one to accept
        how others live. he never questions anything
        about someone because he knows that it wasn't
        their decision.
avaloafe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby naumachy » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:08 am

oML MARK
♞ nau • they/them, aries, intp • naumachy#9611 • comms are usd/closed rn • fumischarseddasbug
naumachy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nightcrawler. » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:13 am

Name: Shanice
Sexuality: Lesbian

Shanice is proud of the way she is. She wants to change the world for the better, and support everyone in the community. When its not pride month, she likes to spread awareness to all sorts of illnesses and fundraisers. Shanice is a very active activist, but not only does she help donate to charity, she is also a former girl scout and veterinarian. She loves helping out all kinds of animals, and its always a treat to see them leave healthily.

She can be a very overpowering friend. Usually taking charge, and is kinda loud, but she really is a kind gal. She likes to surround herself in people, for defence and for comfort. It's been a while, but she has been approached once or twice, here and there. Though she forgives them for they might've had a rough day or week. She doesn't like to be on the offensive cause shell stutter a lot, but if you catch her angry, than the other person must've deserved it. Though she hates to be angry cause she's the bouncy, and fun type of person.

RabidRhys

Nightcrawler.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skywalker, » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:55 am

Name: Jillian
    Sexuality: straight
    What are they most proud of?: Jillian is proud of herself. Jill
    loves being a supportive and open minded friend, and would
    always be there for her friends. She loves who she has become,
    and wouldn't change that for the world. She is very open towards
    anyone. She finds that uniqueness is the key in life, and if we
    were all the same, there wouldn't be anything different in this world.
    She is proud of others for letting their true colours shine, and
    showing the world their worth and happiness.
Last edited by skywalker, on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
skywalker,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clastlog » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:18 am

Name: Dominic
Sexuality: homosexual/demiromantic
Dominic is proud about the amount of time and effort he has put into organizing support groups, pride parades, and volunteering for the vast number of hot lines specially made to help hurt and questioning Kalon's to see a different light. Dominic can't tell you the sheer volume of Kalon's out there who need someone to talk to and some good advice. That's why he shows up to that same building everyday, to help those who can't help themselves.
clastlog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby forgive! » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:22 am

oh man
oH MAN

res so hard rn
forgive!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bellini » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:24 am

Name: Pawa
Sexuality: straight
he is proud of everyone being brave enough to show how they feel- he is straight but he loves everyone for how they are. He is the one who will support you, and won't ever let you down. He doesn't mind any sexuality, but he doesn't like someone who will put down someone else for how they feel. He feels proud to be who he is.
bellini

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me