My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: JBD # 595

Postby vjg321 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 am

Name:
    Dennis
    Dennis, meaning wild, frenzied. I choose this name to go with beautiful bean because his color and his accessorizes are just beautiful. They are so unique and wild, so I thought this name would match them perfectly.
    He is a male, I could see him as a female, but I think he has more of a masculine look due to his items.
Reasoning Behind Accessories:

A little history;
    Dennis is a very spiritual bean. He has many beliefs about the world, and he wears these items to protect him from dark spirits. He also has another reason he wear these items. When he was a very small bean, his house caught on fire, he was able to escape, but his family couldn't, they died in the fire. He ran out side the burning out to his back, hoping his family was right behind him, but when he looked back, they were not where to be seen. Dennis was heart broken, but that was not the only thing he had broken. During the fire, a piece of wood had collapsed in the fire and it landed on his found paw breaking it. This trapped him there for a few minutes, the fire getting really close to him. The board he was trapped under then caught fire, which burned part of his paw that had been trapped under it, he was able to free him self from the board, but his paw had been burned and broken and he had been burned on his face. He escaped the house but prices had been paid, and he was now alone.
Mask;
    Dennis wears his mask to cover up the burn he received on his face, embarrassed. He almost never takes it off, not wanting the memory to come back. He also wear the mask to ward off evil spirits, in hope that nothing like that ever happens again
Bracelet;
    The bracelet is another thing he used to cover his burn mark, once again, he is almost never seen with it off. Although it looks like it is made of bone, it is actually made of stone. He found the stone by his house, he grabbed it before he ran away.
Charm and string;
    These thing were one of the only things saved form the fire. As he ran away from the house, these things got tangled around him, he did not notice them until he was out of the house though. He soon attached the charm around the tail, and wrapped the string around his paws and neck, as a constant remind of his beloved family and how they died that day. The bid foot charm actually belonged to his parents. It is small stone carving of a birds foot, meant to bring good luck to the bean who carries it. It has been in their family for many years and so now Dennis carries around the charm, hanging from his tail.
One thing no one else knows except this bean:
    Dennis has never told anyone about the fire. He has always kept it a secret, and if anyone has ever asked he just told them it was for spiritual beliefs, which wasn't a lie, it just wasn't the whole truth. He has always kept it a secret, even after he escaped from the fire, he ran away into the woods, not wanting to put into an orphanage. He lived there for most of his life until, eventually he ventured into a ton. While he lived in the forest, he made the mask he wears today, and living there he became strong and recover form his cut and inures, except for the burns, they were permanent.
One thing no one else knows about this bean:
    One thing Dennis has kept a secret his whole life is that he is YSF A, another reason he wears his mask. He has always been embarrassed that he never will get horns so he wears his mask, which tricks other beans into thinking he has horns. This trait he was born with, makes him feel out cast so he hates sharing this with other beans so he has just kept it a secret.
Art (optional):
    Wip

Huge wip
Last edited by vjg321 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vjg321

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 am

╔════════════╗
    Name:
    Merok
╚════════════╝
╔════════════╗
    (optional)
    Art:
    WiP
╚════════════╝
═══════════════════════════════════════════════
Though I may look 'scary' or 'spooky', this is simply my way. I am an herbalist, and these items make me feel close to my preferred business. Now I know most healers do not wear such odd things, so let me provide an explanation for them.
Skull Mask
There is a very special reason behind all of them, but this one holds one of the strongest. Now, I do not have a sob story for a life, and there isn't much to my past, but this skull is my father's. He died from natural causes at a few old age. I went back years later, in my grave-robbing days, and stole it for myself. I felt I needed it. I do not regret my choice to do so.
Skull Bracelet
This bracelet, it's so old. Almost as old this fossil who wears it. I was ten when I found it while I was out exploring around my home. I was so deeply intrueged by it, I studied it for months, trying to find the bird it belonged to. I didn't quiet understand death yet. I'd never been around it. Eventually I gave up, though and just carried it around in my pouch. When I reached the age of sixteen and readied myself to move out in a couple of years, I took a thick, leather lace and tied it to my wrist. I never took it off afterward.
Bird Foot Charm
Rather amusing story behind this one. It's what's left of my first taxidermy project. I was in my twenties when this came about. I'd worked so hard on it, but, just as I entered my last steps, my cat at the time destroyed it. He came trotting up to me as I worked on dinner. I was finishing up our ramen when he meowed around around it, a few feathers and the leg. I was so mad at him, but I simply smiled and shook my head. It was just a chicken. I took the leg from him and told him to go play with the feathers. Why I desided to put it on my tail is beyond me, but it has many fond memories with it, so I guess it's okay.
The String
This one my be one that is very misunderstood. Each string is a physical representation of the strong friendships I've had over the years. It was something we all promised to do, so we'd never forget each other. We swore never to take them off and that we'd be friends till death. Needless to say, I'm the last one standing. They were so young, and each death so dragged out. I, as promised decades ago, will never forget them.

One thing I will never tell, one thing I know that none else does, is about the power of family. It is the one thing, that though some may seem terrible, can never be broken. Never. Family is family, and will always be there in your hearts till you last moments.
A secret about myself: my horns are not naturally like this. As they grew out, and I grew withdrawn from myself, I carved this into them. When I pay them no mind over a period of time, they will eventually become like normal, what most of you call, 'ram horns'. But this is rare, as I truly like them like this.
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
Last edited by SukarettoYanagi on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:21 am, edited 5 times in total.

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

tobias ;; the wary

Postby Guepardo » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:58 am

it's like f o r g e t t i n g
the words,
to your favourite song

TOBIAS

Name:
    tobias

the mask - as a young bean, tobias was very curious. it was one faithful night in the middle of autumn. he adventured into the dark. the moon and stars stood out, just like any other time. it seemed normal. but something happened. tobias himself will never speak of it again, but something terrible happened to him. he was scarred for life. since then, he has been afraid of the dark.. afraid of.. evil things. he wears this skull mask to keep the evil spirits away, almost as if to say, "you'll never take me."
    the bracelet - tobias' bird skull wrist bracelet was a gift from his grandmother before she passed. she was just as superstitious as tobias. so, their family believing that skulls ward off the evil, they had a few of skulls laying around. most of the family just saw it as craziness. anyway, the bird skull had been passed down for many generations. tobias' mother scoffed at the idea of keeping it; she didn't believe in spirits and other evil things. but tobias did. so his grandmother gifted the skull to him.
    the string- tobias wears a lot of string. a lot of it. around his neck, holding his charm and his small skull, on his free ankle, his toe.. there is only one reason for this. his mother, whom loves puppets, bought a lot for him when he was little. they scared tobias. he used to hide from them. and one day, he ripped the string from all of them. he loved playing with string. now he's older and he just keeps the string as an accessory.
    the bird foot charm - tobias found this one day while on a nature walk. he immediately saw it as good luck. tobias, being a strong believer in luck, picked it up and tied it onto his tail with the string he had on. now he wears it everywhere, hoping it will always bring him good luck.

Art (optional):

work in progress
Last edited by Guepardo on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Guepardo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Seishin |The Shaman|

Postby peppermintleo » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:01 am

╭----------------------------------╮
----The Shaman--------
╰----------------------------------╯
---♣ ♧ ♣ ♧ ♣ ♧ ♣ ♧

"Seishin. I hear it every day of my life.
All the voices love to sing it, making
fun of me. Seishin, it means 'spirit' in
Japanese. I know, I know. A shaman
with a Japanese name. I can't help it,
my parents named me this. They didn't
want to name me, until they knew my
talents. And... Because I can hear and
sense spirits, Seishin it was, hands down."

"I can assure you, I am a male. I'm pansexual
as well. Which means I'll date either guy or
girl, but only because I like them for.. Them.
I have no plans to date anytime soon.. I don't
want my children to be cursed like me. Oh,
but we got kind of off topic, my apologies."

"Well umm.. They actually all hold spiritual things to them. The skull was from my great grandfather, he gave it to me when my talent was realized. He said it was an ancient dragon skull. The bird skull is because ravens are sacred to me. A Raven is both luck and death, which speaks very much. This goes for the Raven Talon as well. Now, the strings. They've soaked in salt water. Salt helps keep the spirits and bad things far far away. They also provide a barrier to me. They Keep everything I don't want out, and everything I do want in. They're also from my mother, who died when I was younger. I've always had them, and they haven't frayed neither."

"'Please listen. I have no words that can break this easily to you. You are being followed.' I had pressed, trying so very hard to get this stubborn bean to understand. I repeated it many, many times to him, and he didn't believe me. At all. 'Please, please. My story hasn't changed! It's the same and it is only getting worse! They need you to know, please listen to them and me!' My anger started to pent up and seep out. 'Come on, honestly.' The other had left me behind. I wavered angrily, watching him go. I felt the negative energy leave, and i could almost picture the spirit leaving with that stubborn bean. I could not see. I can hear and sense, but that was it. I know everything about the after life. I know who died in your family, and who felt what. And I'm more or less likely the only one."

"'Seishin! Seishin! Please save me!'
    The voices screamed at me. I wasn't, and am not, delusional. I knew it, in all my heart. I am not delusional! Bowing my head, I sighed softly, shutting them out. Where they came from, I do not know. I am a shaman, and I can rid places of the dead. That was what I can do, and that was it. I know that sage was amazing for ridding places of evil energies, and many things like that. No magic needed for a natural thing like this. I can't say things like this though out in the open. They'd make fun of me, they'd push me away. I didn't want that, I want to fit in. I only wear his accessories when i'm either alone, or ridding places of negative auras and energies. I cannot tell anyone, ever.
    'Seishin... Seishin, we still adore you, and we always will.'"
Last edited by peppermintleo on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:27 am, edited 6 times in total.
call me pure / he-him pronouns / transboy
ImageImage Image
peppermintleo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Voodoo

Postby .siren » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:05 am

Name:
Hello there, my name is Voodoo. Nothing more nothing less, do I have a nickname? No.

Would you believe me if I told you I was a girl? Odd right, a girl being into the dark arts, and named after them.

These were given to me by a witch doctor when I was visiting New Orleans, they are to keep the harmful spirits from getting into my soul. The string however, it's something I was wearing before I acquired my skulls and my bird foot.

I actually lay a broom across the doorway at night, in voodoo superstition it will keep witches from coming inside and hurting me.

I have my black cat rub against anything glass that comes into my home. It's a superstition of my own, a blessing in a way.

Art:
Maybe ^^

Last edited by .siren on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I used to be .greentea, do not steal I may go back.
►Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,your kingdom come,your will be done, on earth as in heaven.Give us today our daily bread.Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.Save us from the time of trial and deliver us from evil.[For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours now and for ever.] Amen
.siren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pocketfox » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:13 am

Name:
Dr. Facilier

It is just as simple as it seems I want to scare you away!

Those are his real horns (I have no clue if that would be allowed but it was a cool idea I had)

He actually wears the items because he feels they keep demons away but he doesn't want to tell anyone due to fear they will make fun of him so he plays it off as trying to 'scare' you away.

Art (optional):
May do art
Last edited by pocketfox on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stuff here when im not lazy.

pocketfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby greye » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:29 am

ImageImage
Lovely art by Fullmetal Shiba- go give them my gratitude vuv
ImageImage

Basic Form wrote:
Note: the parts that explain these in my form will be bolded
Name: "My name has not yet been earned, brother. Once I receive my spirit guide, a name shall be bestowed upon me. For now I go by Climbing Sun.” He is now known as Niao, meaning bird.
“This mask was a gift from the shaman when I was chosen to be a warrior. It conceals my face from our winged enemies as they fly through the sky so they do not recognize us. Since I am only a young warrior, I do not wear a bird mask yet. Those are gifted to the most skilled and knowledgeable fighters.
“The rope around my neck is reserved for when I receive my name. I will carve six wooden beads to symbolize an element of it.
“The skull I sport around my wrist is to keep track of the enemies I've slain. The devious winged creatures are our sworn enemies, and we must kill every one we see. This is the skill of my first victim, and every time I take one down I make a small mark on the surface.
“The string around my hind foot is a symbol of status. My black string shows that I am still young, while older warriors receive crimson strings. Healers and shamans would receive green or blue strings, depending on your experience. If you were to become a chief, you will receive a golden string and elders wear grey strings.
"That is w-why I have this bird's leg. It used to bring me strength, to warn our enemies, but now it's coat of ash just reminds me of that night…"
Something nobody but this bean knows: He was the reason the whole tribe was killed (only he knows because the rest who knew are dead)
Something nobody know about this bean: Despite being a warrior, he has always been friendly towards the enemy. He saw the birds as innocent, beautiful creatures.

Pinned up behind a glass display case are the pages of the journal of renowned explorer Oolong Wuyi. She was called upon to search the depths of southern Asia's rain forests to find a rumoured tribe of intelligent creatures the size of a horse. However, he team had not been heard from for months and were presumed dead. This journal documents one of said creatures, one of the things Wuyi managed to achieve.

just a small note before I begin: None of the beans from his tribe are truly able to communicate with the spirits. If they require guidance, one simply does not eat for days on end. This causes them to become delirious, therefore seeing "spirits".

This morning I awoke to rustling outside of my tent. The shadows told of a rather large creature, so (not before arming myself) I stepped out to investigate. The creature didn't notice me. It was a vibrant array of yellows, blues and reds and looked as out of place as our camp in the rainforest. When it finally did notice me I pointed the rifle but it didn't react. Instead, the creature crawled up to me and sniffed about. It didn't seem at all afraid. It was roughly the size of a cow, with gnarled black horns. Perhaps one of the most curious features, though is the skull it wears atop it's head.
The original description of these creatures, made by an ancient explorer told of savage beasts with their skulls sticking out of their heads. This is clearly a mask, though.
I tried speaking to him. He seemed to understand, but his responses were in a language I did not understand. While he was examining our firepit I spoke to my beloved companion Toxin. He said it was the language of ancients, and could understand pieces of it.
He was drawn to Toxin immediately and began to speak in this ancient language. He questioned our business here, and when we told him our intentions he simply smiled. He said something else that Toxin couldn't quite understand, something about our curiosity. And with that, he turned and walked back into the bushes. We tried to follow, but he just vanished.

The creature returned today. He was spotted by one of our team members, perched in a tree far above our camp. We wondered how we could've missed his vibrant pelt. It then dawned on me that we knew nothing about this creature. I waited at the base of his tree until he awoke. Moving soundlessly, he leaped down before noticing me. He gave a nod of greeting and I summoned Toxin over, who began to speak to him while I thought of what to ask. I chose a couple simple questions, and I have recorded his responses:
What is your name?
He says “My name has not yet been earned, brother. Once I receive my spirit guide, a name shall be bestowed upon me. For now I go by Climbing Sun.”

We've been calling you a 'he', is this correct?
He laughs and says something that Toxin could not understand.
he's a male though ovo

Explain your accessory choice?
“This mask was a gift from the shaman when I was chosen to be a warrior. It conceals my face from our winged enemies as they fly through the sky so they do not recognize us. Since I am only a young warrior, I do not wear a bird mask yet. Those are gifted to the most skilled and knowledgeable fighters.
“The rope around my neck is reserved for when I receive my name. I will carve six wooden beads to symbolize an element of it.
“The skull I sport around my wrist is to keep track of the enemies I've slain. The devious winged creatures are our sworn enemies, and we must kill every one we see. This is the skill of my first victim, and every time I take one down I make a small mark on the surface.
“The string around my hind foot is a symbol of status. My black string shows that I am still young, while older warriors receive crimson strings. Healers and shamans would receive green or blue strings, depending on your experience. If you were to become a chief, you will receive a golden string and elders wear grey strings.”

Just as Toxin was about to ask about the oddity dangling from his tail, there was a fluttering sound from above. Climbing Sun snarls and is gone in a flash, scampering up the nearest tree. Toxin and I agree; we do not wish to watch him kill this bird. Tox picks up a stone and barely misses it. The bird flees, causing Climbing Sun to leap down and run after it. It seems we will not be seeing him soon.

First of all I apologize for not being able to write sooner. The past few days have been bizarre indeed. We awoke to shrill screams on the 15th, far past midnight, shaking everyone out of their slumbers at once. One of the team told us the sound was miles away, and was most likely some smaller forest creatures. But none of us fell back asleep. The cries sounded too… human.

We searched for Climbing Sun the next day to see if he had heard them as well but there was no signs of life around. That day, a heavy fog had settled over the forest, casting an eerie silence. We all agreed today was a day for staying inside camp.
This continued for four days, we quickly became sick of the canvas tent walls. When the air had cleared a little, Toxin and I ventured out. This part of the forest was unknown to us. As soon as the light began to turn a golden color we turned around. It was then that we caught sight of something we had missed. An unnatural blue scar in the undergrowth. As we neared it Toxin faltered and refused to come any closer, claiming the air smelled of death. I, however was rather curious and came right over to it, peering over to get a closer look.
It was another dragon and it was dead.

It's face was frozen into an expression of utter horror, and burns covered it's body. I thought it was Climbing Sun, but the markings were off. I had no desire to hang around, so me and Toxin departed shortly.

Later that evening I heard a scuffling near my tent and I came out to investigate. Cowering beneath a bush was Climbing Sun. I approached him and Toxin rushed out to stand at my side. He asked where he had been and for the first time we saw his face clearly.

Something was very different about him. His eyes seemed wide and bloodshot, filled with terror. It seemed like he was trying to disappear into the ground, his mask was absent and scorch marks also adorned his body. Toxin tried to calm him but in the end he fled deep into the underbrush. I was still determined to find out what happened, though. Dragging Toxin along, I followed him.

It was not hard, seeing he'd left a trail of broken branches. In the end, we found him sprawled out on the forest floor and he appeared to be… sobbing. I put a hand on his paw and was about to say something when he jumped up to stare straight at me. "I have done something very terrible," he whispered in perfect English (we're assuming he picked it up from hearing us speak, it was mentioned these creatures have amazingly complex brains). He flopped back down in the bed of earth and began to speak in his language. "I have become the filthy bird itself," Toxin translated. There was a long, uncomfortable silence after that.

Night was falling, and we decided to invite Climbing Sun to come back with us. He agreed, but said he was unable to walk. He showed us his left foreleg, it was twisted at an unnatural angle. Between Toxin and I, we managed to carry him back. As soon as we returned, we laid the exhausted Climbing Sun on a spare cot and he drifted off immediately.

Today I awoke hours before sunrise to complete silence. Both Toxin and Climbing Sun were fast asleep so I just lay there, staring at the ceiling. Eventually, I gave in to the temptation of sleep again.

I was shaken out of the fog of sleep by Toxin, who seemed desperate on trying to wake me up. Finally, when I did sit up I noticed Climbing Sun moaning in his cot. "He's in pain…" Toxin murmured and I came over. His injured leg was worse than I had thought; the bone appeared to be sticking out of his skin. The area around it was badly burned. I got to work with the first-aid kit, applying a cream to the burn and wrapping the broken bone. I made a splint and told him not to move it for a few days. When I finished, he met my gaze and spoke. "I trust you." Again he used perfect English. Then Toxin came over to ask about what had happened.

"I-I'll only tell you because you are all I have left. That night… I was a horrible and selfish creature. I became frustrated with my training and took my anger out on a pole containing a torch. It fell right on top of my mentor, and he burned. Burned alive. The fire demon was hungry and kept spreading after it had consumed him. It reached the huts of the sleeping ones and showed no mercy. They're dead now, all of them," Toxin translated for me. All the life was gone put of Climbing Sun's eyes and he appeared to be biting back tears. "I am a winged demon without wings," he said and Toxin repeated. "I am a bird." Now he was just about ready to burst into tears.

"I have never been one for killing birds," he continued. "I found them to be interesting and harmless creatures, and that why I see myself as an outcast. But now it is clear. I'm not just interested in them, I am one of them. A bird without wings is a demon all the same." Toxin was quite out of breath by now, and Climbing Sun was choking back sobs.
"That is w-why I have this bird's leg. It used to bring me strength, to warn our enemies, but now it's coat of ash just reminds me of that n…," the last few words disappear beneath a sob.
I reached out an arm to him and stroked his neck. My fingers danced lightly over a burn mark and came to rest under his head. I held it as if I was reassuring a child.

"Fear not, my Xiao Niao. The past can hurt. But from the way I see it you can run from it... Or learn from it."
"Niao…" he repeated. "It means 'little bird'" I smiled, stroking the bottom of his chin.

This is the last page we've ever received from Wuyi. After nearly three months of no contact, we've presumed her and her team have perished in the jungle.

The Gallery
These are a few of the sketched that were included in the journal sent to the museum:

Piece 1 (by me)
We were given the opportunity today to use the bird cameras that some of our sponsors had provided. We had been meaning to for the past few days, but now was the ideal time since our friend the bird killer wasn't nearby.
It was fairly simple, catching the birds. We just had to lay out a net and soon one had wandered through. We mounted the camera on it's back, along with a tracker and set it free. By nightfall, we figured we had enough footage and agreed to set off at dawn. It was fairly simple, taking less than an hour before returning to camp. Once we watched the footage, we found this oddity. It was Climbing Sun and it seemed he had tried to strike down our bird. Once we slowed down the footage we noticed another creature in the background, sporting a similar mask. But it was almost impossible to get a close look as the bird flew away moments later.

Piece 2 (by me)
On the morning of August 15th, Toxin and I decided to seek out the nearest stream in case we did run out of water. We noticed a peculiar patch of yellow and blue amongst the tightly-woven roots of a Tualang tree. It was our friend, Climbing Sun and he was snoring. Above, a group of birds squabbled and darted between branches. As we stepped away slowly, they descended to the ground perhaps in curiosity. One of them found a rather convenient perch, right in between his horns. When he finally did decide to wake up, Climbing Sun seemed not to mind. He kept very still, trying to look up at the bird. Eventually he fell back asleep and we decided to depart.

Short Story wrote:
Written from Niao's perspective. I thought it'd be fun to think about how he'd handle our world, since it's the exact opposite of his old life. By now, he'd learned a considerable amount of English from Toxin and Oolong.

As the door swung open, I took my first step into the unknown.
The unknown was rather cold, and weighed down my fur as I emerged. There was a wet sensation and wind scattered my fur. I felt a familiar, reassuring brush against my shoulder. "You can open your eyes now." 

White. Such a brilliant shade of white. Was all of the new world this colorless? It was as if tiny particles of sand were being flung from the sky and settling on everything they touched. Yet as I tried to capture one, it just dissolved in my grasp. 

Ahead lay a huge rough boulder, perfectly flat and devoid of the white material. And on it were people, so many people. At first I had though Oolong and her team to be the only humans in the whole world. But when she wove those wonderful tales of stone jungles filled with her kind... There truly were thousands of them. And among them were my kind as well. They walked side by side, stirring up conversations and laughing and sighing. As I followed Toxin, another dragon brushed up against me. It's fur was a lustrous shade of blue and it's eyes were deep silvery pools. For a second we made eye contact and it gave me a friendly smile, sinking back into the crowd. 

I shivered, bounding to keep up with the others. I was glad Oolong had given me this jacket before we had arrived. The black fabric hugged at my chest. It wasn't quite too small, yet it wasn't very generous either. At least it kept the dust from gathering on my pelt.

All of a sudden there was a great wind beside me as something rushed past and the pathway dropped off onto a much bigger stone slab. There were strange yellow marks running down the center; they appeared to be still wet. Instantly, I became curious. I took a couple of light steps before a noise filled the air. Risking a glance up, I found two pinpricks of light that gleamed maliciously. They appeared to be... rushing towards me? They were almost upon me now. I could feel the earth under my feet trembling. The thing was a huge curve of white material that split in the center to reveal two translucent panes. Black smog poured from a pipe stationed at the very top. I was frozen to the ground.

Jerking me back to reality, something fastened around the collar of my jacket and heaved me back onto the higher stone as it rumbled by. Toxin looked down at me, eyes mixed with annoyance and... Concern? "Stay. Behind me." he grumbled before pushing me back to my feet and padding along. A strange feeling of excitement overtook me. This new world... It was so dangerous, so exciting.

I didn't dare stray from the path after that. When we finally did reach the destination I still kept behind Toxin. It was a roomy apartment, with one half of the ceiling made entirely of windows. I leaped over to it and climbed to the edge of a squishy leather thing that looked like one of the carriage benches. I peered out the window and gasped. The sky stretched out in all directions, stained white from the cold sand it was dropping. Spires of shiny material towered around the horizon and caught the edge of the sky. It was glorious.

I spent the next handful of days just gazing out upon the city. I had piled up pillows and a whole heap of blankets to create my new nest. It was a small thing, just barely fitting on the windowsill but it was perfect. Besides that, the days weren't so eventful. The excitement of arriving in the new land was beginning to ebb away. Honestly, I was beginning to get used to it. Toxin wasn't around most of the time; he had his own flat somewhere nearby. It was just me and Oolong here now. I didn't encounter her much either. She spent time in another room with a thing that glowed when she opened it and changed colors and made noises. It had many tiny little buttons that made a pleasing little click when pressed. I called it her "light box". Occasionally she would come to give me a friendly pat on the head to see if I was alright. Sometimes, she even brought out a pencil and a book and drew. 

I could live like this, I often thought. It was pleasant and simple. I could almost forget the past, if it wasn't for the mask. I didn't wear it very often; instead I kept it and my other little baubles hung on a thread. I didn't have the heart to get rid of them. I often look up at the empty rope which could've held my name. Maybe some day I'll carve six special beads to hold my new name. 
I'm Niao now. Xiao Niao, the little bird.

Random Tidbits wrote:x- Niao's little fort by the window
x- doodling Niao, I kind of like how this one came out
-by me (I do not own the galaxy image, credit goes to this site
x- by me (warning, big image)
x- by Fullmetal Shiba (without text)

November 1st
It's nearly midnight when the mail slot of the museum squeaks open. In slides a paper, torn and crumpled with a strange green seal. As it hits the floor, the seal releases a corner of the paper and you can just read the text messily scribbled inside:

We're coming home.
Last edited by greye on Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:37 am, edited 22 times in total.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi i'm greye <3
they/them | adult
mostly here to lurk

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
greye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups