Re: Mystery Rune Egg

Postby Cougar28 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:06 am

Everything was drawn by me, even the page dividers.

.::Owner Name::.

Cougar28

.::Name::.

Kilgharrah

.::Gender::.

Male

.::Other::.

Somebody once told me if you walk into the Dark Forest, you will never return. I was never one to believe such stories, but I did have my reasons for staying away as long as I did. Ever since I was young, I loved adventures, and exploring new places. Maybe even ending up somewhere no one has been before. So once I reached the age of sixteen, I figured I was ready to travel into the Dark Forest. I packed a small bag of food, water, and other supplies, and headed off. I was a little worried about what I would find in the forest, but I was determined to travel as far as I could. I heard that it was very easy to get lost in the forest, so I brought a compass, and marked a lot of the trees with my knife. Everything was dark and depressing...and it all looked the same. No wonder people never came out; they must have gotten lost in this forbidden land. Still I kept forward. After around 4 hours of traveling, I noticed a small light. It was an odd purple color though, not the usual yellow light you would expect to see. My first thought was 'Why would there be someone living in the Dark Forest?' But upon closer observation, I realized the light was coming from the top of a tree. I couldn't quite tell what it was from the ground, so I climbed the tree. What I saw surprised me; it was a rune dragon egg. I've seen a few eggs in my time, but nothing like this. It was glowing! And it had a big skull marking on it. I knew that the mother might have been nearby... or maybe it wasn't. Maybe this poor guy had been abandoned to live forever in the terrible Dark Forest, never seeing another soul. I didn't want this to happen, but I also didn't want to move the egg. So I decided to come back everyday, until it hatched. I could only wonder what the little guy would be like.

.::Journal::.

Day 1:
This is the day after I found him. I was half expecting him to be gone, but he was there. He seemed to be glowing a bit brighter. Maybe he had been happy to see me. I've decided to name him Kilgharrah... I have no Idea why, though. There's so many things I want to know about him, but I suppose I will just have to wait. This will be my first rune dragon, if he accepts me to be his friend. I haven't seen another rune dragon, or any other creature for that matter.

Day 2:
He's still here! The egg keeps wobbling around, I think he wants to come out. It's only been two days, and he hasn't even hatched yet, but I can't help but to feel a bond with him, like we will be together forever.

Day 3:
I want him to hatch. I know it's close, and I will stay here until he does. I've packed a lot of food, and told my parents not to worry if I'm not back anytime soon. I'm almost completely sure that he was abandoned now, or maybe something happened to his parents. Hehe, he keeps wiggling around in there. *gasps* The egg, it's cracking! He's hatching......*the rest is illegible, I was shaking from excitment*

Day 4:
I've given him some bread, and he seems to like it quite a bit. I'm not sure if I should try to move him yet, he seems so fragile. Maybe I could get him to follow me... although that would take forever. *sigh* I think I'll just stay here a little longer with him.

He's very wobbly. It's cute how he keeps falling over. His markings are quite interesting, I've never seen a rune dragon like this before. He's eaten most of my food supply already. He's seems kinda cold, so I'll take a blanket out of my bag and wrap him up. He's falling asleep. It will take me a little longer to get back this time since I can't run with him. I can't imagine what my parents faces will look like when I get back.

.::Personality::.
I may not have known him too long but I have noticed some things about him. He is very clumsy, but that may be because he just hatched. Also he moves around...A LOT. I've never seen a dragon be so active. He's flapping his little stubby wings around, and it's really cute. So far I think we are getting along pretty well. He has bit me a couple times, but I think he just wants to play. One thing in particular makes me laugh every time he does it. He looks towards me, shakes his head, and then winks his left eye. Maybe that will go away, but I hope it doesn't. He has so many cute little quirks... he's turning out to be a lot like me.
Last edited by Cougar28 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Livestream: Off

Cougar28

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hamkid » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:45 am

[Owner's Name: Littlewolf8][/i]
Name: Chii. (pronounced: (Ch-ee
Code: Select all
Yes, thats my Name, [b]don't[/b] judge it!

Code: Select all
yes, It is, and don't ask it again.

Other (How you found this Rune Dragon egg):
[i][color=#BFBFFF]The wind blew cold, no sun in sight. "Where is everyone?" I say. No reply. But just Weee over the hills a faint glow. Something had to be over there. Overhead other Rune dragons, in the distants. "What shall theese be, what are they? Somebody know?" i asked, but never a reply came. Soon, i find the glow brigther, and brighter, and brighter, and brighter, and brighter than before! I was not to far away from the "mysterious something." As I came, the egg. It was the egg. It was warm, knowing it would still hatch. I pick it up. "Hmmmmm, as i can see, a dragon egg... But what type of dragon?" I looked closer. "A rune dragon egg." I said. I picked it up, and brought it home. The End./i]
hamkid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gael » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:47 am

Owner Name:
.:djFunk:.
Name:
Insomnia (Somni)
Other:
(Write a small story of how you found this egg.)

WIP... will draw some art of the egg soon

ImageImage

TheNinthWolf is my Adopted Child
~Art Status~ Art Slave for Fellefan, [url=here]Livestreaming(offline)[/url]~

| My DA | Howrse | Oshien Adopts |
| Art Shop |

Gael

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mars » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:47 am

Owner Name:
WajaGirl
Name:
Mystique (Meaning 'Air of Mystery' in French)
Other:
I ran into my cellar as the whirring noises of a train grew louder and louder. No one came with me. Everyone stayed in the house but me. I saw the sky darken to an awful greenish gray. No one believed it would happen. No one but me.

The wind grew so strong that it blew the cellar doors open and shut, open and shut. I heard the windows in the house shatter, the screams of my family, them trying to get out to safety. It hit before they could come to me. The tornado ripped the house apart, and I knew what had happened to everyone. They had been torn limb from limb in the rampaging tornado.

It was gone as fast as it had started. The noise stopped, seemingly all at once. I sat alone in the cold, dark, and wet corner. Tears seeped out as the realization hit me: I was all alone. I would be alone forever. Ma, Pa, and the rest of my family were gone. I looked out the cellar doors to see a quiet field of dirt where the house used to be. There was something calling me there, so I walked over silently. I dug in the moist dirt and I saw it. A beautiful egg. It pulsated heat and light, and I held it close to my heart. It was all I had. It was the future of me.

I have some very short sentences in there, do they still count as a sentence or do they count as a few combined? It took me a while to make my story condensed so it didn't take up an entire book... This would be my first ever Rune to get. I've tried for one before, but I didn't win. :(

Good luck everyone! :mrgreen:
Last edited by mars on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:55 am, edited 5 times in total.

화성 여성 레즈 감각처리장애 + 광장공포증

hi !! I'm mars, a gal with spd + agoraphobia.
I frequent the oc + adoptables side of cs.

my interests rn include genshin, skz,
learning languages, and drawing !! :3c

my cs inbox is full so please chat w/ me
on discord @ mars_v_e

나는 네가 자랑스럽다. 계속 최선을 다하거라 ♡

mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:19 am

Owner Name:

Name:
Auriel (aw-ree-all)
Other:
"Tsk" Koen thought as she traveled through her small town. Her mother had sent her to the bakery to pick up a bag of cupcakes that the shop owners, Brenda and Alex, had kindly offered to give to her mother for no reason in particular. Koen and her parents lived in a condo about the size of two apartments. Her parents had a rune dragon, but, she herself did not. A few blocks away from the bakery, out in front of a bookstore she kicked something hard and stumbled forward a couple steps, looking back, she realized that it was a rune dragon's egg! Picking it up gently and placing in in the bag with the cupcakes she headed home.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ~Heart.:.Broken~ » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:55 am

[center]
Owner Name: Rani4268
(Your Username goes here)
Name: Ashlynn
(Dragon's Name goes here)
(Male or Female?)
Other: I stubled through the dark forest, wondering wich way home is. I, luckly, wasn't alone. My dog Carine was with me. I didn't feel very safe due to the fact that I have never been here before. "K.k. follow." I told the dog. Soon it started to rain. After an hour of rain, we realized this was a full on storm. The wind picked up quickly. "Help!" I'd scream, hoping some one would hear me in their tornado shelters a mile away. I came to a cave and ran in, hoping to take shelter from the deadly collum of wind headed straight for us. Once in the cave, K.k. helped me bock the entrance. When it was blocked off I thought I saw some thing glowing in the distance. "K.k, search." I commanded the dog. She walked away and a few minutes later, she came back with a glowing, purple stone. "Good girl!" I exclamed and gave her a treat. 'I hate Arkansas' Suddenly we heard a strange noise. "K.k, defend!" I quickly grabbed a long stick and held it like a sword. A large, cat-like shape stepped out of the darkness 'Mountain Lion!' "K.k, ATTACK!" I screamed, charging forward. I landed a blow on it's shoulder and K.k. wouldn't let go of it's leg. I landed a few square blows on it, but it was still fighting strong. I realized that K.k. had gotten a few good cuts on her. "K.k, dig!" I yelled pointing at the now closed off entrance to the cave. While she was digging an escape route, I fought off the large cat. I heard three barks, the signal to get my attention. I turned and ran out of the cave with K.k. on my heels and the stone in my arms. The storm was over and the sky was a midnight blue with white spekles. I looked back into the forest and saw a light coming twards us. "Help!" I screamed once more. I went back home to New York that night. My parents took me to the hospital. K.k. and the stone never left my bedside. I decided the stone was my new good luck charm, so I kept it with me no matter what.
My Impossible dream ♥~
Please click so they don't die!
ImageImageImageImage

PixelKahari1866 and raibowtiger13 are my bffs in RL and Pixel gave Rain and myself all her pets.
Me! wrote:"Three o'clock? Time for chicken smoothie! <3"
~Heart.:.Broken~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sphye » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:10 pm

Owner Name:
Sphie
Name:
Nova Astrum (New Star in latin.)
Nova for short.
Other(Story):
It was almost dawn. I was walking along the street, not paying attention to where I went. I looked up at the sky, which was turning red at the horizon. The stars almost looked weary, as if they were tired from their night of shining. I sighed. I, too, was tired.

Then I saw it: a small, glowing egg, the color of the horizon where the sun was just beginning to rise. I looked around, wondering where it had come from. There was no one and nothing within sight, and the egg appeared to have been abandoned. There was a slight crater where it had been sitting, just barely an imprint, and the grass appeared singed ever so slightly.

I cautiously picked up the egg, cradling it in my arm. It was warm, and smelled of smoke and and rain at the same time. It glowed almost imperceptibly brighter, and I smiled. It looked like I had made a new friend.

I hope I win him! He'd be my first ever Rune Dragon!

"Then I saw it: a small, glowing egg, the color of the horizon where the sun was just beginning to rise."
Last edited by Sphye on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Sphye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bast-et » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:40 pm

Owner Name:
~Bast~

Name:
Forelle
Forelle (pronounced for-ell-a) is the German word for trout. Before you think "what in the world does that have to do with rune dragons???", I would like to explain it a bit. For one thing, I think it is a gorgeous word to say that rolls off the tongue in a decidedly delicious way. It has a bit of innocence in it, and it's always been one of the sweeter names I've held onto for future uses. I also think it is appropriate because trouts begin in eggs and grow and develop in the way that this egg will. So it kinda matches and fits that way also <3

Female; after quite a bit of pondering, I've decided that to me, the light pink glow around the egg suggests a feminine dragon within. I think the purple and other colors of the egg supports my gut feeling as well ^^

Why do you seek this egg?:
As a lover of surprises, I was instantly intrigued by the idea of a mystery egg. I feel like the anticipation and excitement would make this runie that much more special and loved. I know just from watching my cs pets grow just how much I fall in love watching my pets develop and grow; having a rune that I've invested time and effort in grow would be even better than that, and I can't foresee any possible way I wouldn't be infatuated by the time Forelle reached maturity. I read that she would have new lines as well? Oooh la la! You sure have gone all out on this hidden dragonette! I would feel privileged to be your guinea pig while you try out this new idea.

And for all that, I can see already that she will develop into a gorgeous rune. The egg has the prettiest deep purple, and the secondary yellow and orange colors are a striking contrast; it looks great and gives her depth and tension to her design before she even hatches. And I'm already speculating on what sort of meaning the marking on the egg might have, hehe.

Other:
After a day of trudging and lugging the knapsack with it's precious cargo, I was exhausted; but Aludra was uninterested as the changing seasons had caught her attention, and I was clueless as to what exactly it was myself- Serca was the only fountain of knowledge to turn to in this. I knew that she had just begun collecting stories from an old hermit man that lived by Merlin's wall. By this time of day, surely she would be finished listening to him and headed back towards the tree she had set up camp in recently. I looked down at my knapsack and lovingly said,
"Well little mystery egg- it's time I found some solid information on you besides just how heavy you get carrying you all day!"
Then shouldering the bag once more, I resumed trudging towards my wayward Pictish rune.

The egg lay before us, gleaming a rich purple, and punctuated by the brighter yellows and oranges that adorned it. Around the egg pulsed a glow that tickled your fingers when you ran them lightly over the warm shell. Serca's green eyes grew wide as she took it in.
An egg... and with that rune on her shell... Do you know what you've found? asked Serca without looking away from the enchanting egg before her. Before I could answer she cut in again, She will be one of the mysteries- runes that are different from the rest of us. Very rare, so rare that no one living has ever seen one. There are old stories that say they may return, but they are so old that most have forgotten them, She puffed up a bit, but not me. Supposedly, the egg can chose when and whom finds them... speaking of which, where, exactly, did you get her? asked Serca.

It was early morning, Serca had left already to go find her hermit for the day's story, and I was weaving spring flowers into Aludra's fur to brighten her day- Fall was beginning to stir and she sensed to imminent end to her influence. After I exhausted the meager flower supply in our immediate area I decided to go look for more a bit further away. Aludra didn't even look up as I meandered away, and hours later, I realized that the sun has hardly moved; I had wandered into the edges of Faerie, where time moved differently and items and creatures of magic followed different rules. I walked more warily now; things here were not always as they appeared, but the hope of finding an especially beautiful flower for Aludra here in these magic lands kept me tethered in my search. I felt drawn to one spot in particular, and as I approached a glow covered the thick grass surrounding the... thing, whatever it was. I knelt, and parted the plants to reveal a pulsing egg, it's orange skull-like mark staring back at me.
Yes, it's you, summoner of Spring and friend to the story-teller. You shall be mine as well...
The voice faded and I compusively grabbed the egg and placed it, safe, into my knapsack. I had to find out who-what she was, I had to love her, and I had to take her with me. And as I began me walk back to my world, I found myself growing uncommonly fond of the egg and the creature it contained... some sort of trickery?

But I loved her unconditionally already. And that was that.
Last edited by Bast-et on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bast-et

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bananaturtle » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:43 pm

Owner Name:
Bananaturtle
Name:
Mystery Cloud
Other:
Once I was walking through a path in the woods when I saw a faint purple glow. I wandered over to it, and I saw an egg that glowed purple. I tried to pick it up, but when I did it glowed red and a scull appeared on the egg. I sat down staring at it.It was wonderous! I wanted to take it home with me but, it would burn me. So I took my hat off and quickly put the egg in. Then the scull started to glow and the egg began to crack.I thought I had broken it but it was just hatching.Out popped an amazing rune. The rune went around putting the egg pieces back together. When he was was done the egg was completely whole again.He put it back in the nest where he had been just moments before.Then he looked at me and hopped onto my shoulder. Then together we walked home.
Last edited by Bananaturtle on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bananaturtle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:22 pm

The end date has been changed to August 14th since I will be very busy during next week and the forms are not as large as usual. Have fun everyone~
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me