Re: Chicoon Cryptid Hunt

Postby bakuraas. » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:20 pm

Username + Id: bakuraas. + 876991
Hunting Chicoon: [ kaydrys ]
Little something extra:
    They look at the map in an attempt to figure out the puzzle, even if Kaydrys isn't exactly good at that sort of thing. Their Clofur eventually pulls out some crayons and the group scribble very lightly on their copy of the map in order to try and figure it out...They end up going to the beach...you know, maybe they're wrong, but they really like the beach.

[ link to image of trying to work out the puzzle with scribbles on the map owo)b ]
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Syn_cat » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:22 pm

Username + Id: syn_cat + 737315
Hunting Chicoon: Ceres
Little something extra: Ceres reads the map and starts to follow the directions that makes sense to him. Noticing a triangle on the map, next to the camp, Ceres believes this is where the start is. He follows the next direction, west is your first location. That must mean the lake! He happily honks in excitement to solve this puzzle. Take a left turn, he turns left towards the beach. Take a right and another right turn, he now heads towards the forest, hoping that he isn't lost.
Following the next set of instructions, he holds the map upside down. He heads towards what he thinks is south and goes back to the camp. And then back to the forest? He is totally lost. He stays in the forest for a while, trying to figure it out. Realisation struck him, Rotate it so where you are, that must mean the forest is now north? Right?
He heads south, back towards the lake and then west. It lands him back at the camp. He puts the map back into the original orientation, the opposite of where he is would be the final location. He heads towards the beach hoping he didn't get too muddled up in directions.
Syn_cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToastCottagecat » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:05 pm

Username + Id: ToastedCagon + 1012132
Hunting Chicoon: Ebi
Little something extra:
Ebi jumps of excitement. It's ebi's first time on the beach, Oh! What is that shiny thing over there? Ebi takes a closer look at that shiny thing.

What could it be?
ToastCottagecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woofer-moosh » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:06 pm

Username + Id: woofer-moosh + 283946
Hunting Chicoon: Froge
Little something extra: The forest, don't ask me how I know, but I've got a hunch

Coyote and I actually had a lot of fun doing this verbally together, since I actually AM really bad at puzzles but I do enjoy doing them with friends like at the exit, so I will give my side of how I also came up to the conclusion of the forest.

Froge and Addy sit navigating the map, Froge reading out the hints while Addy uses her finger to trace the areas and flip the map around and around. Most of the hints and clues going well over Froge's head but he tries to help and understand

He understands that tides are only at beaches, Froge thinks they could also be at the lake, but Addy insists that it's the beach, so of course, Froge agrees, having trust in his faithful friend.

Addy then states that because a tent is triangle and triangle and triangle... Uhhh yeah, she was definitely talking about camp Froge definitely didn't go brr and think she was overthinking the triangles a lot... Nope, not at all.. But camp it is!

Froge is VERY directionally challenged, man is he glad he wasn't in charge of that map! West? Up? Down? Left? Right? What way do we turn! But it's okay! Because before Froge even blinked Addy had flipped the map and landed on the answer of going to the beach! So that was the next destination!

Then off to the forest then a right turn to camp! Froge would feel lost if they didn't search all these places!

With the key at the edge of the map, right next to the purple dot, confirming camp must have been the right choice! ...Right?

And once at camp Addy flips the map and heads north.. South? Whichever it is! We end up at the beach then go west? Probably definitely west.. Whichever way THAT is.. But regardless seems to be the lake! Then Addy INSISTS that the final place to go, is the Forest! Boy I hope so! I feel even MORE lost then when we started!
Last edited by woofer-moosh on Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TH | He/Him
woofer-moosh everywhere

woofer-moosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby {smug lemon} » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:19 pm

Username + Id: {smug lemon} + 693258
Hunting Chicoon: Tootsie Roll
Little something extra:
Tootsie looked at the map with confusion, then glanced over at the popsicle she won yesterday. With not another thought in her mind, she just stuck the popsicle in her mouth and headed over to the beach.

(Im guessing the beach!)
i don't use cs much anymore. number 1 N Harmonia lover‼️‼️
{smug lemon}

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HeyoCoyoteHere » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:21 pm

Username + Id: HeyoCoyoteHere + 964822
Hunting Chicoon: Adelaide (Addy)
Little something extra: Addy jumps around excitedly, bumping into Froge with her excitement. Froge, in distain of puzzles groans. Froge has never been one to enjoy puzzles of any kind, and for them to find the answers to clues feels nearly impossible.
But Addy on the other hand LOVEs puzzles! And adventure! She seems to think she's quite good at them too!
Addy convinces Froge to join her in the hunt for the treasure and the mystery! Froge, being her friend, begrudgingly agrees. He may dislike puzzles, but he enjoys his friends company and seeing her happy.

So there they sit, investigating the map, turning it every which way to try to get the locations correct, bickering even, though Froge holds no ground here. And together they come to a conclusion, the forest. Why the forest? We'll tell you why

Tides obly appear at beaches not lakes! So obviously we start at the beach,

Then to camp as it has a triangle shape just like the clue states

After that the lake is to the west, we stop there!
Left turn to the beach,

Right turn to the forest, right turn to the camp!

Then qe find the key at the edge of the map, its beside the purple dot! Which is the camp!!!

Now at the camp we flip yhe map qnd head north which is really south, to the beach
Then to the lake at west, and opposite to that is THE FOREST!!!
Yote| She/Her| Prehistoric -
DM's are always welcome
TH
Commissions: OPEN |
Art Trades: Ask |
Requests: Closed

HeyoCoyoteHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FatalCollapse » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:29 pm

Username + Id: FatalCollapse + 852442
Hunting Chicoon: Frostbyte
Little something extra: Frost's head starting hurting after trying to solve the riddle for several minutes. He eventually gave up and walked backwards into the forest.

╔════════════════════════╗
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ᴀꜱ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀꜱ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʟᴀᴜɢʜ,

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ 🐱 👑 🐺
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ Image
‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎Image
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
‎ ‎‎ ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ʜᴏᴡ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
╚════════════════════════╝
FatalCollapse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:24 pm

Username + Id: Griff 254592
Hunting Chicoon: [must be a chicoon you own or miles]
Little something extra: Tristan pondered as he looked over the notes, head tilting from side to side as he rotated the map back and forth.

The Eyes are gone, when you look away.
Look away: they lie in ambush
All will be revealed when the tide washes away

Well that part referred to his favorite section clearly, the beach! But the map made no motions to go there quite yet...

The owls are not lost, but waiting.
Don't run: the clock ticks the time away.
Go to where the triangle rests, she waits for you arrival

So the starting point... that was camp! AFter all, the triangle could very well mean the tents, too! Okay, so far so good...

Now then move towards the west for your first location. Then take a left turn, continue until you hit your mark. Upon reaching your destination right turn and finally, take another right turn. Continue in this direction

Yikes okay now we were getting a bit more complicated. Still, doable! There was even this spot where... there! The next clue!

The stars twinkle in unnatural colors
Look through the key and they may become more clear
If your heart strikes true follow the symbols and you will be able to find your next clue

He peers into the key and blinks. OH! Symbols... clues! Now this was getting exciting!

From here let us change the map.
Rotate it so where you are becomes North. Now head south. And then west.
Return your map to the proper orientation now.

Oh dear, now it was really easy to get turned around. Okay move the map like so... and so? Okay, okay, this seemed right, he hoped! He swallowed hard, hoping his adventuring logic was helping him out a bit!

Once this is done head to the place directly across from your current location.
This is where you will find your home

The beach! Okay, here was the final place to look! At least, he was pretty sure it was unless he had written his directions wrong...
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby madeofkaons » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:36 pm

Username + Id: rosemeadow + 985317
Hunting Chicoon: Zeno
Little something extra: After concluding that the beach is the first verse's location, Zeno first begins at "where the triangle rests". That was the camp, as evidenced by the triangle next to the camp's name. West for the first location and then turning left lead him to the lake, assuming the orientation compass at the top of the map was correct. The following directions cause him to end up at the beach.
The suceeding section annoys him; it seems vague and unneeded (what did "the stars twinkle in unnatural colours" even mean?), but he still attemps to solve it. Working based off of a hunch, he follows the symbols. They are colour coded: since he is at the beach, which is written in blue, he goes to the key and finds the symbol corresponding with blue. That is the plus sign, and since the plus sign is next to the name of the camp, he heads there (on the map, not actually. Too much walking). The camp name is purple, and the symbol corresponding with purple is the x. The x is beside the lake's name, so he heads there. The lake's name is light blue, and the symbol for that colour is the odd zigzag(?), which is beside the beach's name. He does not keep going, because continuing to follow these symbols would just lead him straight back to the beach. So, he ends up where he started. Changing the orientation and heading in the directions instructed leads him to the forest, though he isn't sure that this is right. He isn't too great at directions.
He traces his paw to the location directly across from the forest, and he ends up at the lake. Maybe? Zeno's still unsure about the whole symbols thing and if he did it right. Well, it doesn't hurt to try the lake.
hello there! i'm madeofkaons

☆ she/her ☆ math and physics nerd ☆
madeofkaons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Aeris » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:13 am

Username + Id: -Aeris + 800027
Hunting Chicoon: Winter
Little something extra: 'well that was tricky and I've got a headache now, but hopefully my guess is correct!'
My TH ! | dm for my discord
-Aeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me