Re: kalon 1652 - pink lemonade straw

Postby fūi » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:44 pm

round 3 is closed! Do not post any more past this. Results will be up soon!
fūi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fūi » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:16 pm

sorry for the delay!! i saw some really nice ones out theres <33 congrats to those who pass Round 3!!

BornFromAshes
IlluminatiConfirmed
bandgeekizzle
Midnightkitkat
malaise
GBA
LokisTrick
pangurbanka
Mnemosyne

everyone's drink make me soooo thristy for lemonade!!!

To those who passed above, Round 4 starts now!!
time for character development!
you're goal is to connect this kalon with one of your own kalons/oc's/pip!
Even if you don't own a kalon, feel free to use a separate oc/ pip our mascot/ or ask a community member permission to use their kalon in your story development!

This will be a writing prompt. You have a max word count of 650 words.
Write how this lemonade kalon is connected to another character!
Friends? S/O's? Enemies? Share!

Code: Select all
 username:
name:
word prompt(650 words):

make sure to link to previous rounds!!

this round ends on 10/17 at 10pm EST.
fūi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:12 am

username: Midnightkitkat
name: Lucina
character used: Freyja (with time jump)
word prompt (650 words):

"In a world full of heroes it's about time someone stepped up and knocked them down a peg."

-

TV static filled the apartment, an attempt to drown out the heavy silence that haunted its space. A kalon sat stock still in a corner, her shadow giving the form of a brooding demon, ears resembling curved horns in the darkness. A sudden shuffle of fabric and footsteps brought the demons attention to the lone doorway as another joined the space. "Have you really been holding up in here all week? I mean a safe house is a safe house, but... is this really all you could find?" The kalon scrunched her nose in disgust as she examined the grungy room before her.

"Freyja I mean this with full offense but I honestly don't care for your opinion." With a cold and critical gaze the previously lone silhouette slinked into view, a sliver of light hitting her pale form in a ghostly haze, "If we wanted to get caught of course would have had you pick the hideout. We need to stay hidden and undetected. Kinda the whole point."

Not afraid to get close to the well decorated assassin Freyja draped herself over Lucina's shoulders, "Awww don't be like that you know we wouldn't survive half the gigs if it's weren't for me. Remember that time in London when you got so distracted by the dress boss was wearing you almo-", Cutting off with an unhinged cackle she jumped away from Lucina, dodging the blade that had previously been aiming for her neck. "Nu uh, we don't want boss lady to get upset now would we? She'd be just devastated if her knight took out her favorite pawn~"

"You say that as if she cares for any of us. Don't be mistaken Freyja, we are just a rung in the ladder of her success." Putting the blade away Lucina turned to pull out a faded yellow folder from her supplies. "I already have all the information I could collect on the next target if your up for it. He seems to be quite careless when it comes to hostage situations. Cares more for taking in the offender rather then saving those in danger." Muttering under her breath she quickly handed it over to Freyja and her childish grabby hands.

"Ooo, my favorite~ Which roll do you get this time? Bystander, reporter or.. aw yeah! Hostage takes out the hero! He'd never see it coming!" Peaking over the folder Freyja's eyes captured Lucinas full attention, "Say, how good are you at playing dead?" The question was responded with nothing but a questioning eyebrow raise, "Your really good at the whole sweet and innocent act when you want to be. I just think it might throw him off a bit to have a hostage taken out right in front of him. Then you can come up from behind with your sleep juice and wham bam thank you ma'am!"

"Never say sleep juice again and I might think about it." Fiddling with the spoken syringe Lucina though hard on whether it would work or not. If Freyja fully had the attention of the hero it would be possible to inject him but the serum wasn't fast acting enough to solely depend on. "I'll do it, but your dealing with the aftermath." Glancing out the window Lucina's malicious gaze shifted to one that held a soft, and sweet smile "Do we have a deal dear sister?"

-

The setup had been the easy part, getting the right hero to show up is another story. It took a few phone calls a couple of hundreds in bribes but eventually they had narrowed down his list of haunts. As luck would have it a newly opened art exhibit was premiering just a block away from his favorite eatery. All that was left was for Freyja to start the chaos.

[650 words]
R1, R2, R3
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BornFromAshes » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:08 am

username: bornfromashes
name: Aya
character used: Galen
word prompt(650 words):

"It was a quiet light, one that sparked a forest fire."

Aya's eyes crept across the cool grass, her soft toes nestled between the blades. The scene was familiar, too much so; but this time, it didn't feel like a dream... It was somehow, more real. How she had come across this place, she couldn't fathom--but it was the same.

She stood on a cliff, the sky above her filled with twisting galaxies and shining stars, but they were dull--as though something blanketed them with the purpose of swallowing them whole. Aya felt stuck in place, at the edge of this steep descent, staring upwards. Her fingers laced around her hair, loose along her shoulders. Her soft lashes grazed her cheeks as her gaze fell downwards, into the swallowing abyss. It was a reaching, hungry depth, almost seething and calling her to its embrace. Her lip trembled, tears beginning to flood her soft cheeks. Her tail curled around her right leg, like a child's hug it helped her soothe to a manageable amount of fear. But it was still there, the fear that gripped her every night when she went to sleep, dreaming of this haunting experience.

Aya couldn't remember how it started, but she knew how it ended every night. She reasoned it might have happened when she went skydiving--perhaps it was a fear she didn't realize that manifested at night. Or was it something deeper, maybe something that had been there all along-- a childhood fear that was so suppressed, only her subconscious could find it again. Whatever it was, it rattled her so deeply, she felt her bones grow cold.

She couldn't close her eyes, they were glued to the cavernous maw. Her limbs trembled, knees knocking together as she wept from fear. A black hand gripped the stony edge of the cliff, followed by dozens upon hundreds of more hands, clawing towards her feet. Her whole body felt sluggish, like her feet were filled with lead or cement. She let out a weakened cry, beginning to wail violently. Just as she felt the cold, bony fingers grip her ankle, a bright yellow light soared from behind her, and the hands scraped backwards.

A figure with wild hair stood before her, stars drifting among the mane. A sabre was held in their hands, swiping and slicing at the black hands. "Back!" the figure cried, stabbing the sabre into the ground, like a beacon of protection. From their satchel came a large container and a wispy feather, which they dipped into the liquid in the container and drew in the air "დემონი" The liquid, if you could call it that, simmered in the air, swirling into a language perceivable by Aya "Begone Demon"

A loud cry echoed through the cavern, the hands slipping and smoking back into the darkness. Aya nearly collapsed, feeling a tremendous weight lifted from her shoulders. The wild figure caught her, holding her up. "Woah there, they were really connected to you, huh?" Aya couldn't care less about what this figure said. Her eyes drifted upwards, the sky a brilliant scheme of blues, purples and pinks. The stars and planets shown vividly at her, and her eyes felt heavy, closing as her body relaxed into the blue mane of her savior.
{547/650}

R-1 R-2 R-3

Ash/Ashie INFJ-A Artist
i've been burning incense, gone a little mad
trying to be religious, talking to the man
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mnemosyne » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:01 am

username: Mnemosyne | round 1 | round 2 | round 3
    name: Felicity
    character used: Niko (adult implied)
    word prompt (650 words): Felicity slammed the bottles onto the table, the liquid inside sloshing about. She shot a stern look in Niko's direction, but the other Kalon simply turned his head and whistled nonchalantly. "I'm away for two days and you and your guard friends manage to get injured. How did this even happen?" she asked with a sigh. Niko tried his best to look innocent but quickly stopped as her gaze sharpened.

"Well, you know, sometimes these things happen in the line of duty...just trying to do my job..." Niko waved his paws about in the air, putting on his brightest smile. "Anyways! Don't worry about it. Thanks for the goods, we'll be sure to drink them and get all healed up!" He reached a paw out towards the bottles of healing potions, but Felicity held her arm in front of them protectively. His smile wavered a bit as she stared at him, eyebrow raised, not saying anything. After a brief moment of awkward silence, Niko deflated. "Fine, fine. I'll tell you," he grumbled, pouting a bit. "We were chasing a criminal through the streets, I swear! And I wanted to jump on top of this building so that I could keep an eye on him, but I maybe didn't jump quite high enough, and I maybe fell back down on top of the rest of the guards..." He winced just thinking about it, absently rubbing his sore back. A quiet but clearly amused chuckle came from Felicity's direction. Niko's head shot up, a blush blooming over his cheeks. "I didn't want to say anything because I knew it was embarrassing, okay? And I feel bad for hurting the others, too," he muttered.

"Fine, fine. Take your potion." Felicity passed one of the bottles to Niko and he immediately downed it, humming in happiness as he did so. "I'm trying out a different formula today, since you complained that the last one was still too bitter. It's a lemonade mix with pomegranate, ginger, and lemonade, of course, as well as the health potion. How's it taste?" Niko nodded emphatically, hopping up from where he was sitting. "It's really good! A bit tart, but still plenty sweet. For once I don't think I can taste the potion at all! Thanks, Felicity!" Felicity nodded and gathered the rest of the potions up, stepping into the doorway. "You're the perfect test subject to make sure that my potions are gonna work for the kids, considering you have the taste buds of one."

Smiling as she heard a bout of indignant squawking starting up behind her, Felicity strode out into the sunshine, blinking a bit at the brightness. Niko never failed to brighten her day with his antics. Humming a soft tune as she started towards the barracks to find the rest of the injured guards, Felicity couldn't help smiling all the while. She was lucky to have a friend like Niko. [ 486 / 650 ]

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

league of legends trash Image

Syne | she/her | trade with me | kalons | mandy ♥ | snow ♥

icon by Aeryn

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Mnemosyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby carpe » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:49 am

username: pangurbanka
        rounds: r1r2r3
        name: Leonora
        character used: my kalon Lottie
        word prompt:
        XXXWhen Leonora was just a little kit, she got a lemon tree in a flower pot as a present from her grandmother. The lemon tree was a very strange thing for the place where Leonora lived, because lemons never grew there, and it was difficult to get them, especially in winter. The tree was all withered, but Leonora watered it and fertilized it daily. The time passed, the lemon tree has grown into a low but dense tree with black, waxed leaves. These leaves smelled faintly but pleasantly. It finally bloomed, but with only one white flower, and sadly, it didn't last long. The flower showered just on the day when Granny passed away, but luckily the ovary remained. It began to pour slowly and turned into a small lemon of the size of a nut. When this nut began to turn a little golden, mom said to Leonora:
        XXX“Don't even think to touch it. Let it ripe and fall by itself, otherwise, the tree will dry up and die.”
        XXX“But on the real trees,” Leonora answered, “lemons are ripped off.”
        XXX“So on the real ones. And this tree is not real. It is magical.”
        XXXLeonora laughed, she knew the magic wasn't real.
        XXXLeonora spent her free time with a neighbor girl, Lottie. Suddenly Lottie got sick. Leonora was not allowed to see her, and she accidentally overheard Lottie's parents' talk. Lottie desperately needed some lemon juice for her treatment, but lemons were nowhere to be found in the middle of the winter in this small town.
        XXXThat day snow fell from a gloomy sky - it was so dense that the earth turned into a kingdom of snow in just five minutes, and immediately fell silent.
        XXXLeonora returned home. It was dark and quiet. Mom was asleep. Leonora smelled the lemon from her own room. By that time the lemon on the tree was already quite matured and hung heavy among the dark leaves. Leonora sniffed the lemon, stroked it with her paw and carefully plucked it. Mom snored softly - she must have had good dreams.
        XXXLeonora then ran to Lottie's house. She gave the lemon to Lottie's mother, and she couldn’t even answer anything when the mother began to ask where she got this lemon - she only shook her fluffy ears from the snow with embarrassment.
        XXXLeonora then walked around the town for the whole night, cried, afraid to return to her mother - the lemon tree must have dried up, all because of her, and this tree was an important memory of her grandmother. Only at dawn did Leonora finally return. Mom was still sleeping. Leonora entered her room and screamed softly, - dawn was already blooming outside the window, so it lit the room a little, and in the soft light of this pink-orange-purple dawn, a lemon tree blossomed in dozens of white flowers. These flowers sparkled in the first rays of the winter sun, and Leonora saw that on every flower a drop of pure dew glows. Leonora felt dizzy from the sweet smell of flowers, sat on the floor, and huge white flowers, like stars, swirled in front of her eyes, sparkling with colorful lights. Her whole room now was like a paradise garden, and it smelled awesome.
        XXXFor a good deed she plucked the lemon, with a good hand she touched a tree - that's why it bloomed. Magic...
        XXXXXX***
        XXXIn early spring the lemon tree was still blooming and delighting the family with its lush bloom. Exhausted and grown thin, but finally recovering from her illness Lottie came to visit. She saw Leonora, turned away her lemon-colored eyes for a second, wiped them from tears, and then said quietly that Leonora has a golden heart.
        XXXAnd from that moment their friendship bloomed too - to the envy of everyone who thinks that fairy tales have long disappeared from our lives.
        XXXXXX[650/650]
carpe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PARK » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:29 am

xxxxxxxxusername
xxxxxxxxGBA
xxxxxxxxxxxxname
xxxxxxxxpresley
xxxxxxxxxxxgender
xxxxxxxxgal
xxxxcharacter used
xxxxxxxxcapri
xxxxxxword prompt
xxxxxxxxever had one of those friends growing up who everyone swears is your other half? not in a romantic way, but maybe your other friends remark, "you must have been separated at birth!" your parents might buy you matching shirts, let you sleep over at each others' houses frequently, talk you through your fights to ensure that the pair of you aren't torn apart by petty differences.

presley has known capri since before either of them can remember. living right down the street from each other, the dynamic duo would meet up and play in each others' back yards, imagining this and that until sundown when they would have to say goodbye for the day and go home. as they got older, presley would often tag along with capri to the beach that was just a short walk down the road. armed with plenty of sunscreen, beach toys and snacks (including the pair's favorite berry lemonade, of course), they would spend the whole day, from sunup to sundown, playing in the sand and swimming in the warm shallows.

teenage years were often fraught with disagreements; you took this shirt from me and i can't believe you would say that about me. i thought i could trust you. nobody ever said being a teenager was easy. but with a bond as strong as titanium, the fights never lasted long and grudges were never held. presley and capri proved time and time again that nothing could come between them long enough to create a scar in their friendship.

evenings at the boardwalk were a favorite at this age. riding the circus themed wooden roller coaster, sitting side by side on the ferris wheel, going through the hall of mirrors and the haunted house, and filling up on ice cream, cotton candy, popcorn, and elephant ears? always a blast! not to mention winning each other prizes at the ring toss and milk bottle stands which their bedrooms were definitely decorated heavily with. sometimes on weekends, presley and capri were allowed to stay out later to see a movie or just hang out under the stars and talk (which they could do for hours and hours, no problem).

adulthood comes with its own set of challenges. work, family, and other responsibilities take up a lot of time and energy that used to be spent at school with friends. no more free weekends to hang out day and night staying up laughing and telling each other your dreams for the future like you did when you were kids. on top of that, presley has moved a few hours away from capri. facetiming just isn't the same as being together in person, where you can feel each others warmth when you're wrapped in a hug.

still each time they talk, no matter how much time has passed presley never feels like their friendship has fallen out of style. "capri! how have you been?" she always greets her best friend with a grin and the excitement never fails to be returned. "oh. my. gosh. you'll never believe what happened at work today," she'll say, and the pair settle in for their long conversations which are spent updating the other on current goings-on, reminiscing about the past, and just like when they were kids, dreaming about the future.

presley and capri, it seems, were meant to be together. and judging by their bond, not even the end of the world could pry them apart.

[580/650]

r1, r2, r3!
PARK

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby malaise » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:10 am

username: malaise
    name: Anguo
    character used: Qingqiu
    word prompt (650/650 words):
[First Meeting]
"From this day forward, this is your elder brother Qingqiu. Don't be afraid to go to him for help."

As a kit, Anguo's biggest accomplishment was being accepted into a large guild. Yet as Anguo's wide eyes stared up at Qingqiu, his cold facade momentarily paralyzing the kit, they could only feel a sharp sense of apprehension. The older kalon had turned upon hearing the guild's sect leader approach, pausing his training to clean imaginary dirt from his hair. Seeing Anguo's fear, the sides of Qingqiu's lips twitched downwards and his eyes softened before he regained composure and bowed in acknowledgement of the guild head. Anguo paid no mind to the polite conversation between the two or the guild head's goodbye, as just being able to see that momentary lapse was enough for an anxious Anguo to set out to determinedly follow Qingqiu with the persistence of a baby duckling.

"Big brother, why are we collecting this herb?"

"..."

"Big brother, look at what I learned today!"

"..."

"Big brother, the wolf pups were by the border again today!"

"... Be careful, little duckling, their mother is surely behind them."

Day after day, despite being only a teenager himself, Qingqiu treated them with the patience of one who'd been tutoring children for years. He smiled and encouraged Anguo to study hard, a figurehead of patience and encouragement even when Anguo confided in him personally. From their gender ("I don't really like my name.. Not as an insult to my family, just everyone expects [ ] to become a senior brother and I feel like… I've always wanted to be a sister instead!" "Then be who you are, little duck.") to their classes ("I've always really wanted to try alchemy and make medicines to heal, but I'm afraid everyone will mock me if I'm no good." "I'll see if I can ask someone to tutor you little duck, but you have to keep up your swordsmanship or I'll be assigning you double the swordswork." "Thank you, older brother!"), yet Qingqiu always remained somewhat distant and refused to disclose his own troubles to the younger student.

It shouldn't come as a surprise that as they grew into young adults, tasks slowly caused the two to drift apart. Qingqiu closely followed their sect head, possibly becoming the sect's successor meant doing the paperwork to gain an understanding of the work that went on in the background. There was also the ever present expectation that Anguo would mature to become an inspirational senior figure to the newer generation and had to mentor the new kits. Thus, Anguo was as surprised as everyone else when Qingqiu up and disappeared one evening- their guild's senior disciple nowhere to be found.

[Second Meeting]
"I found you."

In the middle of the grassy field the long haired kalon turned slowly and Anguo could only feel a strange sense of nostalgia as Qingqiu's cold eyes seemed to pierce through her before softening with recognition. He silently tilted his head, and Anguo immediately understood the implied question.

"Big brother. It's me." She smiled softly, "...They call me Anguo now."

"Little duckling." He smiled, more of a statement than a question.

She only nodded her head, not moving as Qingqiu came close to embrace the kalon who had weaved their way in between his paws as a kit. Years had changed the two, Anguo chased his shadow when he disappeared peacefully- traveling far from the city he grew up in, to settle in a small guild by the seaside. While she only grew more determined to grow stronger and catch up to Qingqiu's legacy, he lazed around and grew complacent, doing quests that would have been demeaning for his ability in their original guild.

As students, there always seemed to be a gap between the two. But now, they would learn to close that gap and become equals, friends.

malaise

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bandgeekizzle » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:00 pm

username: bandgeekizzle
name: Sorrel
character used: Kassandra
word prompt (649/650 words):

The yearbook teacher stood stiffly at the front of the room with a clipboard. The class was grim and quiet.
"Sorrel and Kassandra, you two are assigned fundraiser duty for this six week period."
The rest of the class breathed sighs of relief. Fundraiser duty was a pain. In contrast to the rest of the class, Sorrel was positively beaming. She glanced toward Kassandra, who was looking down at her desk with a serious look on her face.

After class, Sorrel bounced over to Kassandra.
"Don't worry about it, I'll take care of it myself," said Kassandra
"Huh?" Sorrel was surprised, "I heard the rumors that you always do group projects by yourself, but I had no idea you actually offered to do so!"
Kassandra opened her mouth but Sorrel cut her off, "I won't hear it, Kassi! I know exactly what to do for this and I'm looking forward to doing it with you!"
Kassandra blushed at the unexpected nickname.
"Okay, what do you have in mind?"
Sorrel leaned over and scribbled directly on Kassandra's notebook.
"You've got my number and address. Let's meet over the weekend!" She winked and bounced out.

It was Saturday morning and Sorrel was ready. Even though she was so excited she could hardly sleep, she got up early to organize everything perfectly.
Kassi was always so absorbed in her work. The girl was simply unreachable. But Sorrel was convinced that this would make an impression on her.
When the doorbell rang Sorrel raced toward the door and flung it open to reveal a sky-blue kalon fidgeting on her doorstep.
Sorrel ushered her guest in.
"Sorrel, what was your plan? You haven't really told me anything yet."
Sorrel grabbed her paw and lead her to the kitchen.
"Ta-Da!"
The table was adorned with sets of tall glasses, large pitchers, and a myriad of ingredients with a huge bowl of lemons as a proud centerpiece.
Kassandra's head tilted, "Lemonade?"
Sorrel proudly offered a glass which was already filled with freshly-prepared lemonade.
"I know a lemonade stand isn't super original, but this is Sorrel's special secret recipe we're talking about! Try it, you'll see."
Kassandra sipped and her eyebrows jumped in surprise.
"I can't believe it," she admitted, "this really is the best lemonade I've tasted. You're skilled, Sorrel."
Sorrel quickly turned her face away.
"Yes, yes, I'm amazing! Now Kassi, have you made preparations as well?"
Kassandra nodded and checked the time.
"It should be ready in about three hours. I wasn't told what would be on the banner."
"Didn't want to ruin the surprise. Now, we've got three short hours to prepare a lemonade stand that'll knock the town's socks off!"

They pulled it off in time. Sorrel's eyes filled with pride as a small plane soared overhead. The banner trailing behind stated, "Lemonade, 3rd and Main"
"Your flight instructor is an angel, Kassi. This will be the most profitable fundraiser in history!"
Kassi cracked a rare smile as the first customer showed up.
Sorrel couldn't be happier. First a compliment, now a smile? At this point she wouldn't care if the lemonade stand was a bust.

It was a success. An older lady smiled at the two working in perfect harmony.
"You two are perfect together," she remarked before leaving.
Kassandra froze, looking over at Sorrel.
Sorrel gave her best smile.
"Honestly, I agree, Kassi."
"As business partners?"
"How about just as partners?"
Kassandra's eyes grew big as lemons.
"I'm asking you out, Kassi."
Blushing wildly, Kassandra couldn't respond. She scribbled on a napkin and shoved it to Sorrel.
A shaky "Yes" was written on it.
Kassandra's blush burned so brightly that pink showed through her normally pale blue fur. Sorrel pulled her face close and snapped a selfie alongside the blushing kalon.
"Let's submit this for 'cutest couple'!"
Kassandra buried her face in her bag in embarrassment while Sorrel laughed lightheartedly.

round 1 / round 2 / round 3
bandgeekizzle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LokisTrick » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:25 am

Username: LokisTrick
Name: Capella
Character Used: Finnick (Assume he's teenager ^^)
Previous Rounds: Round 1 Round 2 Round 3

Word Prompt (647/650):

Capella yawned, glancing idly at the bookshelves stained yellow in the fading afternoon light. Working at the public library was probably one of the better jobs a student could get, but during slow hours it could be dreadfully boring. She had desk duty today, which was usually her favorite job. She liked to try and guess a person's characteristics based off of the books they checked out. It was fun, making up outlandish stories about the people who passed through. There was an elderly man that almost exclusively checked out the dusty tomes about anthropology. He was a bit gruff, but if you got him started he could rant for hours about facial expressions and distant countries. Capella liked to imagine that he was a retired professor that never quite gave up his passion. There was also a mother and daughter duo that frequented the children's section, the little girl checked out books about royalty and chivalric heroes, while her wary mother preferred books about Asian philosophy. Capella wasn't quite sure what to make of them yet, she was considering the idea that the mother was a retired secret agent seeking out safety and peace now that she was raising a child, but no, the story didn't quite fit-

"Excuse me? Miss?"

Capella snapped out of her day dreaming to find a shy looking young man flicking his tail awkwardly on the other side of the counter. His eyes were frightfully earnest.

"Oh my goodness! I'm sorry, I didn't see you there!" Capella smiled charmingly, internally berating her inattention. "My name is Capella, is there something I can help you with?"

The boy immediately nodded. "Thank you so much Miss Capella! Yeah, there is something I need help with actually. I'm looking for some mythology books? But I need really specific stuff and I don't know which books to check. Oh! And my name's Finnick."

What a cute kid! Capella squealed inside her head. "Why don't you tell me what you're looking for?"

The kid, Finnick, beamed at her. "Thanks Miss Cappella! I really appreciate it!"
His smile dimmed a little, uncertainty entering his oh-so expressive eyes. "Umm, it's a little odd, but I'm looking for books that have to do with curses."

Capella blinked. "Curses."

He nodded, hair flopping into his eyes. "Yeah. I'm looking for stories about people who are stuck under a curse, like Sleeping Beauty or the girl from the Six Swans story."

Capella tilted her head to the side thoughtfully. "I know some myths like that. Russia is particularly fond of curses. Some of the old Greek myths might fit the bill. Follow me!" Capella jumped up from her seat eagerly. Finally, a opportunity to get out of this chair!

"This way!" She called over her shoulder. The library was maze. She had gotten turned around more than once, and she worked here!

The boy smiled at her, speeding up to keep pace. "Thank you again, I know this is a strange request, but you're really helping me out!"

Capella's brow furrowed slightly, “Do you mind if I ask what's got you so interested in curses? Are you doing a report for school?"

Finnick's gaze darted to what was suddenly a fascinating window. "O-oh? Well, no reason in particular, really, just, um, satisfying a curiosity?"

Capella eyed him skeptically, pausing as they reached their destination. "Uh-huh."

Finnick deflated with a sigh. "If I told you, you'd think I'm lying." Capella's eyes softened.

"Hey kid, whatever it is, it's okay. You can tell me if you want too, or not. I've seen some pretty strange things in my life. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt."

Finnick smiled shyly, hope shining in his eyes. Capella suddenly realized how desperate this kid was for a confidant. "Well, it all started when I accidentally knocked over the statue of a god..."
Dreaming Deep~

Looking for celestial garden item set!
LokisTrick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me