prompt response: kieran doesn’t believe in the supernatural; specifically
ghosts. he can’t seem to wrap his head around the idea that there could
be spirits freely roaming around the earth. kieran is a firm believer
in science. if the existence of the supernatural can’t be proved
through a lap procedure, he finds it a waste of time to even consider
the possibility of the idea. kieran’s stubborn attitude may also stem
from his belief in the importance of critical thinking skills. to kieran,
the mind is the most valuable tool that kalon’s possess. any time
spent considering the “what-ifs” is only wasted time in his opinion.
Last edited by hyckzen on Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
hyckzen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1845 - Eye of the Canyon

Postby Cinnamon Heart » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:45 am

Mark
ImageImageImage
she/her or they/them
bi ¦ BLM
Cinnamon Heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -wild- » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:50 am

Username + User ID: -wild- [#216635]
    Kalon name: Devorah ---> meaning 'bee'

Prompt response: Love at first sight. Dev hears so many Kalon's speak of how 'they just knew' as soon as they saw their suspected 'soul mate', but soul mates were a whole other ball game that she wouldn't get into just now. But this whole idea of falling instantly in love with someone as soon as you see or meet them? To Dev that is complete and utter rubbish. She'll smile and nod and coo over couples who announce that it was 'love at first sight', but deep down, she didn't believe for a second. How can you fall in love with someone and not know their personality? Their hobbies? Interests? What if they hate your favourite interest or don't like the animals you keep as pets? To Devorah there is absolutely no logical explanation to love at first sight and if there isn't a logical explanation, it is likely Dev takes no belief in them at all. This hard stance she takes on this has often got her into some little quarrels and the like, but she cares not. Each to their own is her own belief.
Last edited by -wild- on Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// use to be wildhorse027 //
-may be slow to reply to things as my irl can be hectic <3-

-wild-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Arokai*Rokujo~ » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:14 am

Username + user ID: ~Arokai*Rokujo~
(#328442)
Kalon name: Annette

Prompt response:

To experience the world, to truly experience it, one must do so with an open mind.

Throughout the entirety of her life, strange occurrences had always seemed to trail in Annette's wake. A mighty glow cloud, Cacti shifting awake to dance under the blaring desert sun, birds chattering about their week among the trees, great beasts skulking about under the shifting sands just below her paws- the weird and mysterious just seemed to follow her everywhere.
It always had.

And no one ever seemed to believe her, either.
Its because of this that the kal refuses to believe that anything in this world is "normal." Even the very definition of normal varies from kalon to kalon, with each and every one having their own opinion about what is and isnt normal. Annette seemed to more often than not fall under the "abnormal" category, much like anything that most kalon couldnt seem to quite figure out.
It all felt like too much of a blanket term, for her liking. Normal simply did not exist, and she quite liked it that way.
If one can peer up into the ever gaping abyss overhead, with the brilliant glow of the moon blazing from above to illuminate the word below, and then deem all of it to be entirely "normal" as opposed to so extremely abnormal that its astonishing, then how can normalcy truly exist at all?
If one can observe another kals behavior and lifestyle, and deem them lesser because their normal is different than their own, then normalcy shouldn't exist at all.

So Annette dances with the cacti folk. Hails the glow cloud. She chatters to the birds about their daily gossip, and patters a little song into the dirt for the mighty sand beasts! She embraces everything about the world around her, even if it ends up with her being and outcast in terms of other kals! Normal is bland, and its just a term folks use to describe "confusing" or "scary."
Embrace the weird, chase mirages and race your own shadow! The desert yields its secrets to few, and those who are lucky enough to let go of the "normal" of life will find themselves gifted with the greatest treasure-

Having the most fun!

376/500
Last edited by ~Arokai*Rokujo~ on Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
x,xxInquisitor,
x,x,x The elves trusted
x,That the world
x,,x,xAs it was
x, Would never change.
x,x,,xThis rubble is the
x, Legacy of that trust.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxx,xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
,xHello, Im Arokai, but I also primarily go by Atlas!
x,
,x

,xxxxxxxxx
,xxxxxxxxx

,xxxxxx ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

Flight rising

~Arokai*Rokujo~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Calibri » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:43 am

Username + user ID: Calibri - 927415
    Kalon name: Delphine Dupont
    Prompt response:

You are a paranormal investigator.

You have been sent to investigate the run-down Dupont estate, once home of the well-known, noble Dupont couple from the 1700s. You push open the gates and notice that the estate seems to be in pristine condition despite its age. You slowly make your way to the entrance and hear faint mumbling from inside.
    Carefully, you open the doors - only to be met with a lady, elegantly dressed in old-fashioned garments with beautiful, intricate details and seams that appear to have been fitted by hand to suit her figure perfectly. There is not a single detail to her grand looks that is out-of-place.
    She is pacing around nervously, talking to herself and repeating the same phrase over and over.

"There is no such thing as ghosts."

You ask her why she would say such a thing.

"Could you imagine me, Her Ladyship, the belle of the ball, floating around akin to some air-headed, common servant without a sense of direction? Of purpose? Of course not - for ghosts and spirits do not exist. There is no afterlife after we pass on from our mortal bodies. Only fools and commoners with no ambition would settle for a mediocre, so-called 'afterlife' rather than pursuing greatness in their living life. No, there is most certainly no afterlife - and if there was, it is no place for a lady of my status. Now, you must excuse me - I have no time for games for my darling husband is waiting for me. Philippe? Where is he - where is my husband?"

Philippe. Philippe Dupont, a noble merchant whose name has appeared in multiple of your records, who tragically died of an unknown illness at some point in the late 1800s. You inform Delphine that her husband is deceased.

"What do you mean, 'Philippe is dead'? No. No, he cannot be dead, for we had plans to meet at the old willow tree for a romantic picnic together."

Softly, you ask her what year it is.

'What year is it, Your Ladyship'? Why, don't be foolish - it is the year 1778, of course."

In an attempt to make her remember, you tell her that she is in fact also dead - that stricken with grief over her husband's death, her spirit would not rest and she haunts their estate even in the 2020s.

"No. You are lying. There is no such thing as ghosts. And I am most certainly not one of them."

Suddenly, she stops. Her eyes are slowly filled with tears of realisation. "Philippe..." she utters as she begins to fall apart before your eyes. "Gone."

Her once-beautiful dress is fading into dullness and tatters and her beautifully done makeup is running down her face. Her eyes look hollow and lifeless - yet filled with sadness. She remembers once more.

"Get out... OUT!"

She breaks down sobbing as you rush out the door. You stop and listen as her sobbing subsides. She starts mumbling once more:

"There is no such thing as ghosts..."

[500]
Last edited by Calibri on Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
    ██
    FEEL FREE TO CALL ME CALI !!
    cs time +2 | she/her | esfp-t | chars | nebunnies
Calibri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:05 am

Username + user ID: MutatedCry (#334452)
Kalon name: Aenik'ahore (A Story that Could Be)
Prompt response:

res with; not believing in reality (not believing in a barrier between reality and unreality?)

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby modern » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:28 pm

Username + user ID: modern
Kalon name: Alsi (a pun, on all see)
Prompt response:
He doesn't believe in morals. wip
modern
i do commissions- link here
commission status- closed
mystic veil adopts
modern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zero.two » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:26 pm

x

▐▐
▐▐
▐▐
▐▐
▐▐
▐▐
▐▐

username. Min-Yoongi (#743737)
    kalon name. Saturn
    kalon gender. male
    prompt. doesn't believe that life is meaningless.

xxxxxxxxxxx─── ・ 。゚☆: * To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. * :☆゚. ───

xx Saturn spent his entire childhood believing his life was meaningless. Having been raised by a family of nihilists, he didn't have much of an option for any other outlook on life. He always believed that his only purpose was to one day disappear from the earth, with no trace of him ever left behind.

As he grew older, Saturn realized that he had been so focused on the purpose of his existence, that he failed to see the parts of his life that mattered. He found that as he became more independent, he was able to see the world with a whole new mindset. He no longer woke up in the morning thinking that he had no purpose in the world. Instead, Saturn began each day thinking about the amazing things the world had to offer. The moment that really changed his mind, was the moment he fell in love.

His life had been so gray and dull before he met her, but afterward, it was like the fog had lifted, and all he could focus on were the bright colors that surrounded him. Saturn's only thoughts from then on were how he could make her life better, and further down the road, their children's lives. While he may not have a grand purpose in the world, like creating world peace or finding the cure to a devastating illness, he had his own reason for living... to love her.

Your life doesn't have to be unique to be valuable or meaningful. Believing that meaningfulness was tied to being special was a mistake he had made time and time again. Value is a subjective concept, and everyone has their own way of defining it. Our lives are constantly changing, whether it be our physical traits, where we live, who we meet, what we experience; and as these aspects of our lives change, so does our sense of value. Saturn was able to learn this firsthand, as his sense of value came about when he fell in love. He felt he had a new purpose, as least for the time being.

Knowing what he knows now about value and it's ever-changing definititon, he strongly disagrees with the common belief that our lives are meaningless. Life always has its purpose, and everything happens for a reason, you just have to find yours

xxxxxxword count: 389
zero.two

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grassman. » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:31 am

Username + user ID: .plaguewind.