My dressups
Trade with me

Re: magnus readoption - round 2 open

Postby MuddyPawprints » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:48 am

username: viscidogg
link to round one post: here!
name: dippin' dots
story:

It had been such a long, long, miserable day. Nothing felt good or even okay right then, his own skin felt way too tight for his body and his thoughts circled in an endless cycle, taking his moods up and down faster than he knew how to handle.

He had two simultaneous projects going on, one for his college work and one for his job. Both were demanding, of his time, his energy, his patience and mental willpower (he was running out). His college classmates he was assigned to for the school project were unhelpful, they only took the class on cryptozoology for an easy A, and they didn't particularly care if Dip could pull this off on his own or not. His coworkers kept fighting over who should take the lead for the project, who should do this or that or the other thing, and nobody bothered to ask Dip what he thought of it at all.

He felt like he was being pulled in a different direction by each one of his limbs, and whoever was pulling was using more force by the hour.

He knew he needed to calm down before he ended up with a panic attack, but he wasn't quite thinking straight enough to do any of the exercises his therapist had given him for situations like this. He just sat there, staring at his bedroom wall, for what felt like hours but was probably only minutes, waiting for something bad to happen. That's what it felt like, anyway.

"Hoo, hoooooo."

His ears perked up at the sound, he recognized it and it gave his mind something to latch on to.

"Hoo, hoooooo."

He listened, ears straight up on his head, for a few moments before getting up from the desk he'd been sitting at and walking to the bedroom window to open the blinds and peer out into the dying light of the day.

He watched, and waited, and kept listening, but he didn't hear the owl again. He was fairly disappointed, but he kept listening still.

He tuned in to the sound of crickets chirping, and the buzzing of cicadas, the calls of songbirds to their mates, the rustle of the wind through the trees under it all.

It was beautiful. And it was calming him down.

While he listened, he thought about nothing except the wildlife, remembering facts and trivias about them each, wondering what it would be like to be them, trivial things that didn't matter except for in that moment.

Dip lost track of time, and the dusk turned into night, which turned into late night, and he was still just listening and thinking idle thoughts and letting his body rest against the windowsill's frame he was perched on with the blinds just barely brushing the tips of his ears from where they'd been pulled up to above his head.

Eventually, eventually, after a time where it seemed he'd zoned out completely, he fell asleep, right there on the windowsill. His body would regret it, in the morning, but his mind would be all the better for it.

He was going to be pretty annoyed at the sun for shining right in his eyes when he woke up, though.
MuddyPawprints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: magnus readoption - round 2 open

Postby nermal1999 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:10 pm

username: nermal1999
link to round one post: click to view
name: Ramen
story:

Do you ever feel like there's a world with in our own?
One that can't be reached unless you can find the one and only entrance.

A place that's different from our own.
A place we're ever unrealistic dream, can come true.
A place where you could fly, a place we're you could soar high.
High, high, higher above the clouds, and there's nothing below you but undisclosed lands.
And an endless adventure... One where you could reach for the sun and never burn.
A place that's unlike our own. And yet it is hidden within the very place we live and call our own.
A place that's...
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello I'm nermal1999

☆----------☆

(She/her ☆ Adult ☆ dyslexic)

(PTSD, Anxiety, Depression,)

Anime, Manga, Video games, TWST.
☆----------☆
This is me | Kalons | Artfight

("You guys will be fine without me here, right?"Idia Shroud )

ılılıllı▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬( ♫ )▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ılılıllı
nermal1999

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Magnus Readoption - WINNER

Postby AboveAspen » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:07 am

Hey guys! I want to thank you all for patiently waiting on the results of this readopt, as well as others. As the end date of these Kalon surpasses 1 month, Kalon staff will be stepping in and judging these competitions. Upon announcing the winner, staff will also post the readopt form and send you a PM with the link to the form. Please refrain from developing these Kalons until the form for them is posted and sent to you! In order to be added to the Kalon reference, we ask that you send in a help ticket to CS staff and link your winning post, they should be able to help you from there ^^

RESULTS
This was honestly a really cool comp to judge; I really enjoyed referring back to your previous posts and seeing how you incorporated your original two sentences into an actual story ^^ After reading over the few entries, I've decided that the winner of this Kalon will be:

!! nintendox !!

As stated before, I'll be posting and PM'ing you the link to the readopt form! Please refrain from developing Julius until the form has been posted ((:

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Aspen | She/Her | ISFJ

My Kalons

Archivist for Bleubs
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
sig art by verseo on DA
AboveAspen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes