Re: KALON RE-ADOPT 9

Postby Broccoli_Bento » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:55 pm

Username: Broccoli_Bento
Name: Amara Delgado

Amara works at McDonald's and as a night security guard for an aquarium.

- Her Day Job -

"McDonald's, a place where many find happiness and good food."
    Something that Amara's manager has her say all the time.

She handles just about anything there.
    From taking orders and handing over food, to cleaning around and finding sticky seats to gum under tables.
    Ah what a wonderful job she has, even though a few of her coworkers dislike working here (including her manager), she gets along very well with the rest.
    The one thing Amara hates the most about working at McDonald's is cleaning..... the bathrooms....
    It can be okay at times, but who in their right mind actually enjoys cleaning toilets that hundreds of..... ahem, moving on.

Amara does have difficult times, but for the most part it's all fine and quite fun, except for Debby...
    Debby is a customer that comes in every Thursday just to cause trouble by finding ways to get a free meal or drink, by making it Amara's fault.

Now Amara does actually truly like her job as it is fast paced and lively, but it is difficult when there are difficult customers.

"McDonald's, a place where many find happiness and good food."

- Her Night Job -

You wanna know what's better than working at McDonald's?
    Working at a freaking aquarium!

Yep, Amara is a McDonald's employee by day and an aquarium security guard by night.

This is her favorite part of every day.
    She gets to roam the halls and watch the little fishies swim around, and dance like no one's watching, because no one is...
    One of her favorite things to do in the aquarium is making fishy kissy lips and seeing which fish comes up to the glass to "give" her a kiss. It's silly, but she enjoys it.

Honestly she has way too many favorite things about this job.
    From the shark tunnel, to the empty otter enclosure, to the tube of jellyfish, and the touch pools.
    So, many wonderful things to see, and it never gets old, especially talking to the fish.

All and all though, she has had a few mistakes on the job.
    • Like the time she locked her keys in a room and set off the alarm, so the tape caught her shaking a door and picking a lock, looking like a total criminal.
    • Then there was the time she thought the octopus was stuck and she dove into the enclosure to save it, but it was pretending to and escaped.
    • And then the time she was so caught up in one of her awesome dance sessions that she tripped backwards into one of the touch pools.
    - [no fish, coral, or living creatures were harmed in this accident] -

- About Amara -

She is a bit oblivious, quirky and clumsy, but she is also kind and funny, and at times very stubborn.

She lives in a studio apartment, as she can't afford too much rent, and has a very simple style to her home.

She absolutely loves Studio Ghibli movies, her favorite being Spirited Away or The Cat Returns, and has Studio Ghibli things and decor around her studio.

• the aquarium
    • her night job
    • pasta
    • crickets
    • sea slugs (not to be confused with slugs)
    • cherry soda

Dislikes:
    • angry/troublesome customers
    • cleaning toilets
    • shoe laces (so she wears slip-ons)
    • slugs (not to be confused with sea slugs)
    • pickles
    • lightning

Heyo heyo have a happy dayo~!
infp • autism • adhd • adult • Jan 31 • they/them • genderflux

I'm Nic, but feel free to call me by my user, however condensed you'd like even!
I'm super shy, weird, and awkward, but aren't we all at some point? Lol
I love to draw, play video games, and listen to music. Pretty much just a normal dude.

[Toyhouse] - [My Kalons] - [My Wermz] - [My Sqim]

Discord: broccoli_bento
Broccoli_Bento

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AboveAspen » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:10 pm

Hey everyone!

At the request of cozyfiles, 76heart and myself have agreed to step in and help judge the few readopts that remain unjudged! We would like to thank everyone for being patient with us as we get around to reading your entries ((: Keep your eyes peeled as we start to release the winner posts on these last few readopts! I will be throwing together the readopt form for this Kalon, as well as the others once they have all been judged. Once it has been posted, the winners will be PM'd and added to the refs. For now, please be patient. Thank you guys!

This one took me a little longer to judge than the other as there were a few entries I really clicked with. I'm really blown away by how creative you guys get and I'm totally looking forwards to reading any future entries <3

Without further adieu, I'd like to congratulate

!!lemontqrt!!

Some of my favourite stories/prompts are those that ask for you to create a story with one sentence. While that wasn't exactly what you did, it left the same impact! It was short, sweet, and to the point which I believe leaves a lot to develop on. The name Klaus also made me chuckle a little bit as I think its super fitting for someone working at their local pine farm :lol:

Thank you again to everyone who participated. It was a pleasure to read your entries and really take in all the effort put into the stories you created! <3
Last edited by AboveAspen on Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Aspen | She/Her | ISFJ

My Kalons

Archivist for Bleubs
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
sig art by verseo on DA
AboveAspen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lemm » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:23 pm

!!! whoa , totally unexpected ! i really enjoyed everyone else’s entries , thank you so so much for this beautiful boy . my little tree farmer :pleading:
lemm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Broccoli_Bento » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:24 pm

Congratulations!♡

Heyo heyo have a happy dayo~!
infp • autism • adhd • adult • Jan 31 • they/them • genderflux

I'm Nic, but feel free to call me by my user, however condensed you'd like even!
I'm super shy, weird, and awkward, but aren't we all at some point? Lol
I love to draw, play video games, and listen to music. Pretty much just a normal dude.

[Toyhouse] - [My Kalons] - [My Wermz] - [My Sqim]

Discord: broccoli_bento
Broccoli_Bento

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nermal1999 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:44 am

Big congrats on the win lemontqrt.

Hello I'm nermal1999

☆----------☆

(She/her ☆ Adult ☆ dyslexic)

(PTSD, Anxiety, Depression,)

Anime, Manga, Video games, TWST.
☆----------☆
This is me | Kalons | Artfight

("You guys will be fine without me here, right?"Idia Shroud )

ılılıllı▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬( ♫ )▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ılılıllı
nermal1999

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me