My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon 1762- Nightmare in Ultraviolet

Postby Vaninova » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:19 pm

Username: Vaninova
Name: Vale
Creature:
Why are they so scared of it?:

She knew it was there. She could feel it. But where? Her sight was the best of the best, and yet she couldn't see it. Why would they send her of all options? Her sight was her biggest advantage!

...but wait, why were the shadows moving? She looked up, around her, anywhere there was light. and she backed away in fear when she realized, there was nothing there.

And then they reached for her.
Vaninova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinnamon Heart » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:46 am

Username: Cinnamon Heart
Name: Vivian
Creature:

Vivian's a control freak. The two things she fears the most are the unknown, and things that are out of her control.

In her worst nightmare to date, she's surrounded by emptiness. There's nothing, until suddenly, a dark, faraway figure appears on the horizon. She turns her head, but the figure always stays in the center of her vision, like a film stuck to her eyes.

She tries to blink, but can't, her eyes won't close. All she can do is stare at the approaching figure.
It comes closer and closer, slowly, and Vivian doesn't understand. What is this thing? Why can't she do anything?
It's out of her control. She's stuck there, powerless before this unknown entity.

As it gets closer, the edges of her vision darken. She can see purple goo oozing off the figure's cloak.

And then, it stops right in front of her. Just standing there. The goo still drips off its cloak, like an endless fountain.

And then, Vivian feels something wet on her paws. All of a sudden, she remembers that she has a body. She tries to move, but she can't feel anything. And when she looks down, all she sees is the figure. Vivian can sense the goo slowly submerging her. It's on her legs, then on her neck, and then she's drowning. But she can't see the goo over her eyes, even if she can feel it on her face. She's frantically moving her body, trying to swim, but she can't see her body, only feel it. All she sees is the figure, and the emptiness behind it.

She feels like she's losing consciousness. It's all over for her. The figure fades into the darkness.

She's surrounded by emptiness again. Suddenly, the dark, faraway figure reappears on the horizon. She turns her head, but the figure still stays in the center of her vision, like a film stuck to her eyes.
It creeps closer, yet again, until it's right in front of her.
And she still can't do a thing.
She tries to run, and she feels her legs get tired as they tread air, but the figure, the monster, it's still right in front of her.
She just stares at it. Then, she tilts her head to the left.

And wakes up with a start, gasping. Tears are running down her cheeks.

Was she dreaming? She feels terrified, but she can't remember much. Only that last image of the monster as she tilted her head.

"What was so scary about that figure?" she wonders. "I may not know what it is, but I could just investigate and find out more. Nobody can take that away from me."

[447 words]
Cinnamon Heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Smaug The Dragon » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:15 am

TRIGGER WARNING

Username: Smaug The Dragon
Name: Sclera
Creature: Image
Why are they so scared of it?: She panted heavily. Why? Why again? She shook her head. The thoughts aren't real. It's all in
her head. "Weak." The creature mocked, as it slowly stalked towards her. "Pitiful." It mocked again. It grew ever closer. She couldn't escape it's cold, harsh grasp. It's all fake, it's not true. It's real, listen. They don't exist, it's in your head. It speaks the truth, follow it. She screamed in agonizing pain. Her mind was faulting her. She couldn't trust it. Don't listen to it, believe in yourself. You're a failure, you'll accomplish nothing. "You can't escape your mind." It mocked. "Not enough." It outstretched it's long claws towards her.
----
Awake once more. The same one. Her mind raced in questions and statements. You're perfect. You're not good enough. You're loved. Nobody can love who you are. You're not alone. Nobody is judging you. All eyes on me.
---
She ran. Her claws dug into the hard ground. "You can't escape your mind." The creature was in hot pursuit. Its long, sharp claws slashed her haunches. She yowled in harsh pain. "You can never escape the truth." It sneered at her. Give up. Keep going. Failure. Believe. Empty. Tears trickled down her face as the creature inched closer to her. Its eyes were as red as blood, never moving its gaze from hers. Her mind suddenly flooded with new names the creature had decided for her. "Useless. Quiet. Miserable. Dull. Worthless. Alone. Tragic. Broken." Its last phrase struck her. Broken. She can't be. She was happy. It's a lie. She smiled everyday. It's fake. Her friends cared for her. Lies, lies, lies. Was everything she knew, loved, and cared for, a lie?
---
She woke up in her own pool of sweat. Again. The creature had stalked her for months, now. She can't tell anyone. She's not crazy. She's not broken. She winced and looked at her haunches. The mark from the creature. It left a mark on her. It showed she was weak and the words had seeped into her mind and began to spread. Was she really failing?
---
She was on stage. All eyes on me. The crowd grew ever larger. All eyes on me. They stared right through her. All eyes on me. She slowly slumped to the floor. All eyes on me. She was defeated. All eyes on me. "Pitiful, you creatures are." The creature gazed at her, its voice raspy. "So sustainable to simple words. To simple actions. You give no fight. Weak. It whispered in her ear. It was right. All true. She had fought a battle she could not win. Eventually, she finally, finally, let the dark consume her.
---

450/500 words.
Last edited by Smaug The Dragon on Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TH - Discord: That Nerd Mel#3399 - They / Them
Smaug The Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pychlie » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:07 pm

Username: EQUIVALENCE
Name: Esmund
Creature: wip!
Why are they so scared of it?: wip!
ToyHouse
Pychlie / Lee

previously EQUIVALENCE
pychlie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miissingyou » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:27 pm

Username: Belphie || Name: Varindea Orebolus

Kalon 1762
Nightmare in Ultraviolet

Varindea is all too familiar with a creature that haunts her. The following creature is described in her words.
"It looks kind of like a bipedal dog. It has marble legs and bone lower arms and paws. It also has lots of flowers growing from it, notably a bleeding heart sprouting from its left eye and orchids growing along its chest. The flowers are long withered and this monster clearly had tried to rip it off before. It also has vines growing along its legs and arms with flower buds already growing on them. It towers at maybe around eight feet? I don't know, but its super tall. I see it when I get sleep paralysis, hunched over in a corner. I don't like it. It has silvery fur too, with splotches of dirt all around it. It's almost like a living statue, if you will. It also kind of smells like some weird perfume, it feels familiar but I can't put my claw on it. It tried to talk to me once as well, and it had a deep but hoarse voice. It has lots of eyes, notably on each thigh, on the tail, and two on the chest."
200/200 words (wordcounter.net)

Varindea has dealt with this creature for the majority of her life. At this point she's resorted to naming it Orchid to try and make it seem less scary for her. While it has helped a little bit, she still gets anxiety when she sees it watching her blankly. She feels like she's being watched from all angles due to the sheer amount of eyes all over its body, which is ironic to her due to her shine. Varindea is also a huge neat freak, meaning that the sheer amount of dirt that "Orchid" has on its pelt bothers her to an extreme. Seeing the horribly wilted and mangled flowers hurts her heart, as she wants to be a florist. She tries to find the bright side of this haunting creature such as its perfectly chiseled marble legs, but this leads to her focusing more deeply on intricate details such as how many specks of dirt are in one patch, leading her mind to go into an absolute frenzy of panic and fear. Even then, she proceeds to look at the eyes. The part that scares her the very most. Varindea can't stand having lots of eyes on her, as it feels like she's being put into the spotlight which brings her to the conclusion that she can't stutter or make even the most minuscule of mistakes. But she doesn't let herself speak at all. The very nanosecond she speaks, her brain rings the alarm bells and sirens telling her to halt immediately, as "Orchid" will come after her for being disturbed.
In the earlier hours, such as 8 AM, she'll often still have residual visions of "Orchid" in the corner of her eye. "It's nothing," she tells herself, "just 'Orchid' trying to bother me again." Even once she speaks it, her brain always tells her that it isn't true. He's watching her every last second. The creeping feeling of being watched approaches, and she freezes in her tracks. She's too afraid to turn around now. This silly little sleep paralysis vision is haunting her day and night, and she is quite frankly over it. Varindea never knew how to move on, though, repeating the vicious cycle. As much as she wants to forget about this terror, she's known it since kithood. "Orchid" is an integral part of her daily life, her being used to it to the point where she can't imagine a night where she doesn't see "Orchid" in her room.
Other Kalons point out to her how she shouldn't be afraid. She knows this. Yet, she continues the same thing: look at "Orchid" and let the ol' brain go haywire because of it. She doesn't want to be watched, she wants to clean the poor thing up, and she wants it to quit bothering her as a whole. She's utterly terrified of it. "Varindea, can't you get treatment or something?" is a question she's often asked. She has before. She may be scared, but she's okay, too.
(500/500 words, wordcounter.net)
xx.xxxxxxxxxverna
ཐི❤︎ཋྀ i will be much better then ཐི❤︎ཋྀ
..xxxxxxshe/he/it ♡ adult
xx.xxxxxxpfp by valkry
x.we have lots of people blocked,
xxblock evasion will be reported
miissingyou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Ash Wolf~ » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:58 am

Mark
Image Image
~Ash Wolf~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rottenmutt » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:32 am

Username: Rottenmutt
Name: Xenon
Creature: (can be literally anything CS appropriate, 1 art piece)
Why are they so scared of it?: (extra)

hallucinates, and hears its voice crack and screech
its always there, following and trailing behind her
acts numb, dull, brave but is absolutely horrified when on her own with her vs the creature that follows
vivid nightmares follow, barely sleeps
nobody can see it but her, unless under ultraviolet rays
rottenmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Broccoli_Bento » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:55 am

Username: Broccoli_Bento
Name: Holly

Creature:

"Holly, are you okay? Why are you fidgeting so much?"
    "Can you see it?"
    "See what?"
    "The magic eight ball.... it's right next to us."

An echoing voice with a staticky texture emanated from the creature crouched beside Holly.
    "Ask me a question, Holly.... ask me a question...."

Holly closed her eyes and covered her ears, trying to block out it's voice.
    Her friend stood from her seat at the outdoor cafe seating and rested her hand on Holly's shoulder.
    "Holly, do you need your meds?"
    Then Holly nodded, while rocking.

The creature grabbed Holly's chair and leaned closer.
    "Ask me a question, Holly... ask me a question!"
    The creature would quickly become upset the longer Holly ignored it.
    It wasn't until long that it started trembling violently and screaming the same thing over and over again.
    "ASK ME A QUESTION, HOLLY! ASK ME A QUESTION!"

Her friend searched through Holly's bag for her pills, and Holly quickly took them, relaxing her mind shortly after.

"Am I crazy?" " No"
    "RePly hAzy, trY aGAin"

"Will this ever end?" "I hope so"
    "My RepLy is nO"

"Can I live a normal life?" "of course"
    "SiGns pOiNt to YEs"

"Will you ever leave me?" "I'll always be here"
    "DoN't cOunT On it"

"Are you satisfied?" "what?"
    "Ask aGaiN LatEr..."

- - - - - -

She was prescribed medication to ease her mind from hallucinations, but Holly doesn't suffer from hallucinations.
    This creature is real, and has haunted her since she first discovered it as a child.

When Holly was a child she lived in a very stressful home, where her parents always fought and screamed at one another.
    Holly had no friends, her only companion was a magic eight ball.
    She would talk to it in her room and asked it many questions, as it was her only companion.
    The odd part about this ball in particular was how it always seemed to answer everything accurately instead of randomly.
    What started this ball's sentience was when she asked "you'll never leave me, right?" and it replied "as I see it, yes".

As Holly made real friends she began ignoring the ball, eventually leaving it to collect dust.
    Holly is an anxious person and is very insecure about herself.
    This ball, being forgotten and abandoned took on the form of Holly's anxieties and insecurities, becoming a beast that was only satisfied with answering Holly's questions, and can only reply with the possibilities a magic eight ball could give.
    This creature only temporarily leaves when it is satisfied with her questions, each time requiring a different amount.

She's afraid of it as it is not only scary to look at, but it reminds her of all her anxieties, insecurities, and of the real life nightmare she wished she never lived in; her childhood home.
    It is truly a reminder manifested by her fears and traumas, of the home she grew up in, the home filled with loud fights and slamming doors.

Heyo heyo have a happy dayo~!
infp • autism • adhd • adult • Jan 31 • they/them • genderflux

I'm Nic, but feel free to call me by my user, however condensed you'd like even!
I'm super shy, weird, and awkward, but aren't we all at some point? Lol
I love to draw, play video games, and listen to music. Pretty much just a normal dude.

[Toyhouse] - [My Kalons] - [My Wermz] - [My Sqim]

Discord: broccoli_bento
Broccoli_Bento

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PleaserOfCrowds » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:41 pm

Closed!
I’ll have this judged as soon as possible!
PleaserOfCrowds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me