Re: betsy's winding corn maze! -- day 1

Postby paopu » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:48 am

username -- paopu
    buttermilk w/ link -- galão
    day -- 1
    choice -- straight
    prompt (200 words min.) --

Galão hadn't exactly planned on getting dragged here today, but just because she wasn't naturally drawn to load noises didn't mean she was intending to be bored all day. She could have fun too! Even if she was, maybe, just a little bit anxious at how loud it was at the fair itself. And, yeah, maybe she did take the first available opportunity to wander off away from the majority of the noise. And, yes, okay, she'd be lying if she said finding the corn maze wasn't a relief that she could have fun and also get some alone time out of it. Besides it was a great opportunity to test out her new dice before unleashing them on her newest tabletop character.

If they did right by her here, she could use them in their next session and hope they did right by her paladin. And, if not, well, at least they looked pretty? Praying absently to the rng gods as she approached the first fork in the road, she tossed the dice out in front of her. Eyeing the results, she scooped them up, and went straight for what must have been the first time in her life.

oh wow 200 words exactly
x
x
x
    they/them

if two people share one
    their destines become
    intertwined they'll remain
    a part of each other's lives
    no matter what

paopu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joke's On You » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:21 am

username -- Joke's On You
    buttermilk w/ link -- Meadow
    day -- 1
    choice -- straight

Meadow took a deep breath as she stepped quietly into the corn maze. She was shy a shy Buttermilk, but she was also pretty anxious. Even with her being shy, her more anxious side was what contributed to the decision to go straight along with Betsy.

There was no way that Meadow was going to go off to the left. Dark, overgrown, and scary looking. That path didn't suit her at all when it came to her personality. She wasn't brave enough to go that way because of how easily frightened she could get. With that being said, Meadow's only options were to go straight or go off to the right.

The path on the right looked pretty safe, but she was nervous about going off alone at that particular time. She was in a new place therefore she didn't want to go off on her own quite yet. Even though she was shy and crowds with strangers didn't suit her well, she had to get comfortable with her settings before eventually going off on her own.

With all of this in mind, going straight was her best option for the time being. It allowed her to get comfortable with her surroundings as she progressed further into the maze. She would just decide to stick toward the back of the group of Buttermilks that also chose to go straight.

With all of these thoughts in mind, Meadow prepared herself for the journey. Onward she went into the maze, following the path that Betsy took. [254]

Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:15 am

username -- Desmond
    buttermilk w/ link -- Takara
    day -- 1
    choice -- Left
    prompt (200 words min.) -- Takara took the left route, trusting her instincts; a path less traveled tends to amount to more fun - and sometimes, it ends up being the best route. Treading carefully through the stalks, hooves sliding through patches of loose mud, she took a deep breath, steadying her nerves slightly. She was brave - to a fault - but even she needed to settle herself.

Jay had once told her that every adventure brought its own challenges, and that it would be up to her to ensure success. She'd held that advice close to her heart, trusting the former nomad's knowledge to be true... and it had yet to betray her own independent spirit. Of course, he'd also mentioned battles with monsters - but given the bland tone he'd always used while telling his stories, as well as the fact that she was wandering a corn maze in a rather domestic and controlled situation and not the wilds of the badlands or whatever else he had called them... she figured she might be safe this round.

And, well, if it didn't work out, she had always liked corn, and she was well surrounded by it. She would at least not starve.

Eh... well, maybe.

Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cactologist » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:41 am

username -- Cactologist
    buttermilk w/ link -- Bedelia
    day -- 1
    choice -- Right
    prompt (200 words min.) -- Bedelia considered her options. Betsy wandered down the path straight ahead, but she wasn't sure about the strange heifer just yet. Maybe if she got lost she could seek her out, but for now she felt fine on her own. To her left, well, there was practically nothing. A few cows behind her lifted their heads high and marched that direction, for some reason. Perhaps they thought it was funny, cool, or a shortcut, but Bedelia didn't know why they'd choose more work. A couple younger bulls raced down the "path," jostling with their friends, and Bedelia decided she didn't want to associate with that crowd. Looking straight again, she noticed that Betsy (whose company was now seeming like a much better option) was vanished around a bend. Seeing that the only option she had remaining was to go right, she set off. This path was mostly empty and seemed perfectly safe. Besides, on this path she could have some alone time and didn't have to worry about anyone else. As she walked, she heard birds chirping and laughter in the distance (it must be those silly bulls again!) Say, that cloud looks an awful lot like an ice cream cone... She jerked to a stop before running into wall of corn, pulling her from her daydream. She must have reached another intersection. (223 words)
Cactologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Black.Wings » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:53 am

username -- Black.Wings
    buttermilk w/ link -- Taibhseach (Going to call her ghostly for pronunciation sake)
    day -- 1
    choice -- Left
    prompt (200 words min.) -- 217 Total

“Wait! I had another question… Oh well I guess she’s gone.” She turned her head from right to left pondering on which way she should go. She decided left would be her best option all the others were heading right or straight not many went left. Was it even a path? She started to head for the dimly lit path which she still didn’t even know if it was a part of the maze. After a few steps she felt her feet fall from underneath of her she had tripped on a corn root. She picked her self back up and brushed herself off, at least there was nobody around to see, she blushed. She had only made it a few feet from the start of the maze and was already feeling a bit overwhelmed, it was going to take a lot to get through this maze in one piece. Was she being overdramatic? She gazed around her at the other paths that opened up around her as she continued forward. She listen to the rustle of the corn in the soft spring breeze, this was nice. Too bad she had chosen A path with nobody else on it, it would be nice to have at least someone to talk to. Oh hey wait! Is that Betsy?
Art Shop
I'll be the first to admit that I'm a lonely soul and the last to admit I need a hand to hold
Black.Wings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucas tazmily » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:55 am

username -- Pufferheart
    buttermilk w/ link -- Beth
    day -- one
    choice -- straight

The first way to go is always the hardest and most important choice of a corn maze, Beth thought. I mustn't choose wrong.

She looked to the right first. Right was usually the right choice, wasn't it? Right was the one out of all the others that sounded like the best choice to choose. They are the same word after all.

The left also looked like a pretty good choice to pick. It seemed to be the least popular choice to pick out of right or straight, though. Beth wasn't sure if that was a good or bad sign.

Beth frowned and swished her tail. I hate picking when there's no obvious choice, she thought.

But then she saw Betsy heading down the path that was straight ahead. Betsy wouldn't purposefully head down the wrong path, would she? No, the straight path must be the best one, if Betsy was heading down that one. Besides that obvious factor, it seemed to be the one with the least amount of mud on the ground. Mud usually mad Beth mad.

After this though, I'll choose one that Betsy doesn't go down, so I can give myself the credit for finding the right path, Beth thought.

[203 words]

hi, i'm lucas! i'm an adult who
uses any pronouns. i enjoy
creating art and playing
clarinet & French horn C:

my toyhou.se!
lucas tazmily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:27 am

username -- Queen Vivane
    buttermilk w/ link -- Sirencia Boop
    day -- 1
    choice -- Left

Sirencia stepped into the maze, she'd been dragged out by the others and chosen the maze for a little bit of what she hoped would be peace and quiet. Despite the darkness of the left the grumpy cow forged ahead, uncaring. There was clearly going to be nothing of danger in a corn maze, other than the possibily of tripping but honestly. She snorted in a manner most unimpressed as she stepped through the dark, ignoring the occassional brush of a leaf across her body.

Her hooves made soft thuds as she traversed the path, uncaring that she might run into a dead end or whatever. She was no calf and the dark held no fear for her, usually it meant either time for evening feed/slumber or that she had woken too early. Pausing to stretch, she flicked her ears this way nad that casting out her hearing. Only hearing the faint noise of the market and other buttermilks who had chosen to face down the maze.

This was no challenge, merely a way to keep boredom from digging it's claws into her while the others did whatever they were doing. A yawn had her almost veering into the corn that guarded either side of the path and she made a noise of irritation to herself
    211 words
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:30 am

username -- drift.
    buttermilk w/ link -- Lori
    day -- 1
    choice -- Right
243 words

Lori was the last heifer of the small group to choose a path. She stood alone,
nervously glancing from each break in the corn to another. 'Oh- what to do, what to do..'
Finally, after the sudden terrifying realization that everything was eerily quiet, Lori took
off after the largest cluster of cows; the right path. She was moving briskly, her eyes wide
as strange noises and rusting cows set her on edge. Lori's tail swished nervously behind her,
but at least she could hear the group ahead of her faintly now. Hm- I wonder if the others
are regretting their own decisions right about now? Or maybe it's just me? Everyone seemed so
sure of themselves. This is just a maze, so why am I struggling so bad,'
the heifer's desperation
only seemed to grow with ever step she took. She had started to second quess everything she did;
her next step, the way she glanced if she should hum to herself or just stay silent. Perhaps she
needed to speed up and rejoin the others? None of it sounded either good nor bad, just, a decision
that had yet to be made. Oh how she hated choices. Lori wished there was someone who would choose
for her so she wouldn't accidentally pick the wrong one. It seemed her internal struggle helped speed
up time, as she had soon found the group, who were standing at yet another crossroads. 'Oh. Lovely.'
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vanilla bean. » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:51 am

username -- vanilla bean.
    buttermilk w/ link -- colette
    day -- 1
    choice -- left

To the left to the left.. Everything I own in a box to the left.." Colette nodded "Yeah, left is definitely the way to go." It was certainly a bit spookier than the other directions, but that was a main part of the draw for Colette. She was never one to just follow along, she was one to be followed. Ironically enough, she'd never describe herself as a leader, but that's a different story. The sweet looking girl was very headstrong, and didn't really look before she dived into things. Maybe it would've helped in this case, for as soon as she was a few steps in, she felt her ankle roll, the ground rushing up to meet her. "You've got to be kidding me" she grumbled, sitting up and brushing the dirt off of her palms. Her both start into the thick of the maze had led to her stepping in a lovely little dip, hidden by fallen cornstalks. "At least nobody saw me fall." She thought to herself, still pleased that her choice in the road less traveled had kept her embarrassing little fall a secret. More dirty than anything else, she picked herself back onto her feet, and upon realizing her foot was functioning as usual, she picked right back up into a jog, and followed the path.
    221 words

hey there, i'm abi!
lesbian - she / they - adopt storage
pms are always open, feel free to drop in <3

vanilla bean.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fawn- » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:32 pm

username -- fawn-
    buttermilk w/ link -- Elle
    day -- 1
    choice -- left
    Elle watched as Betsy's figure grew smaller. Going straight was too easy, it looked like it practically went straight through the whole maze! Elle looked left and right a few times trying to analyze her chances of choosing the right path to start, it would determine the rest of her choices. The left path looked untraveled, maybe for a reason, but it meant no cows to slow her down. Elle started down the path at a quick pace. It seemed pretty clear, a few fallen corn stalks she had to hop over and areas that were so overgrown she had to hold her breath to squeeze through. She glanced up at the sky, a bright blue providing a little light on the path. Just as a noisy crow flew over, Elle couldn’t move forward and found her hoof all tangled up in a vine. She thought it was odd to see such a plant in a corn maze. She looked up again as more birds flew over and just as quick as the vine had snagged her, it had strangely unwrapped itself from her leg. “Weird,” she thought, as she shook her hoof and continued on, “vines can't reach out and grab you….can they?”
fawn-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me