Re: Orphan Batch #21

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:40 am

Form wrote:
Lazy Afternoons wrote:Image

Prompt wrote:Top Right - Illu
Khada Jhin || Cassini || Male || Dusk

Cassini's favorite time of day is dusk, when the stars are at his back and all the colors of the universe are reflected in his eyes. It was at dusk when he opened his eyes for the first time, allowing him to see the world in its purest, most beautiful form. He often heads outside in the afternoon, cooing with the mourning doves and cawing with the ravens and crows in their evening symphonies, before heading to the beach to witness dusk at its most beautiful.The way the light paints the water is truly divine, and for a brief moment, it seems as though the universe stops just to witness it alongside him.

113/400

Extra wrote:Cassini's relationship with his siblings is strained, to say the very least. His fascination with the setting sun has rendered him, for the most part, nocturnal, which leaves his siblings with one less playmate during the morning hours. None of them hold dusk in the same regard as he does, so he longs to find someone who shares his love for that magical moment in time.

66/200
Last edited by Sullivan Maurus on Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ufoparty » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:41 am

mark
Image fox | they/them | adult | film major
ufoparty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:10 am

top left - aey
username - knickknacks
name - newton; "newt"
gender - male
prompt -
Last edited by Knickknacks on Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kittykore » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:28 am

top left - aey
username - kittykore
name - liam
gender - male
prompt - Image
Last edited by kittykore on Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
──-────────────────────
bio bio bio bio bio bio bio bio bio bio bio bio bio

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit kalons art shop
toyhouse

bio bio bio bio bio bio bio bio bio bio

───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
kittykore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:53 am

top right - Illu | username - SilentMelody | name - Kaitlin | gender - female

Her favorite time of day is the morning. Kaitlin starts off her day with a piping hot mug of hot chocolate. She wakes up and makes her pick through the many flavors on her shelf -- milk chocolate, dark chocolate, mint, pumpkin, peppermint, and caramel. Of course, her go-to is usually mint hot chocolate. Katie opens up one of the packages and pours the cocoa beans along with the mint leaves into a machine, which will grind the mixture thoroughly.

The sweet-toothed kalon always makes her stuff homemade, just like this. She has all of her stuff prepared in the packages for her to open and grind, sometimes opening her home to sell mugs of hot chocolate. However, Kaitlin would never dare make her stuff into the powdered, easy mixes. No, that's disgraceful, and it's no longer considered an art. When the cocoa beans and mint leaves are properly ground, she puts the dry mixture into a mug and heats up milk to pour over it. At the right temperature, it's heavenly.

She settles down into one of her reclining chairs and puts her feet up, wiggling her toes within her slippers. Katie sips her hot chocolate and sighs, closing her eyes. If only she could stay like this forever.

Honestly though... she tends to drink through her stock of hot chocolate ingredients and ends up not selling enough during the season, so she has to go to work at a local cafe. Kaitlin hesitantly downs the rest of her hot chocolate and returns her mug to the kitchen sink, making a mental note to clean it.

Before she leaves, she takes a Thermos and starts the process over again. Open the package, grind the ingredients, and add hot milk. Katie hefts a purse onto one shoulder and grasps the Thermos in her other hand, heading out the door.

It's a known fact that she has hot chocolate over ten times a day.

bottom left - tuurpentine | username - SilentMelody | name - Fern | gender - female

Fern is actually a witch, and she uses frogs in her potion. She takes either already dead frogs or sick/injured frogs and casts a peaceful sleeping spell on them. The young witch finds them in a pond within the forest where her treehouse is.

The only spell she uses the frogs for is called her transmogrification spell. One drop can last her a whole day, so she often doesn't need to make another batch until the next month or longer. Fern is also still experimenting with her spells, so she currently only uses the frogs' tongues and saves the rest in a freezer. The whole point of her favorite spell is to change or transform in appearance or form, especially strangely or grotesquely. She likes to use frogs' tongues because it gives her that factor, but she also uses cats' whiskers and owls' eyes. It's harder to find the eyes, but it's easy to get the whiskers because her black cat Echo tends to shed them.

She ends up changing into a monster and terrorizing the town that drove her out. When she's in her monster form, she's a weird mix of slimy, furry, and feathery. Even her cat Echo doesn't like her when she looks like that. Sometimes Fern will also go to the pond and slip into the water where the frogs will accept her as one of their own.
Last edited by SilentMelody on Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:04 pm

oh this is wonderful! i’ve taken so many lovely photos recently 💖
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fishkin » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:05 pm

top right - Illu
username - FishyRoyals
name - Ascot
gender - Male
prompt - Ascot loves the heinous times of night when no one else is awake, his days are opposite to everyone else- sleep during the day and stay awake at night. Except for those few days in which he goes shopping or out with friends- that's a trippy time to sleep for sure. But Ascot loves night walks, sipping coffee while walking through the empty streets save for stray cats and the occasional insomniac. He gets most of his work done during the long hours of the night- he loves winter just because he has more time out and he gets to step in the fresh fallen snow before anyone else. We all love that satisfying step into powdery snow before anyone else can, just him? Oh well. Night is still the most exciting in his opinion and nothing will change that any time soon, he sits in his house with the lights on while he watches whatever humorous show they decide to put on the television that late, he'll play video games with his friends who live similar lives. His bedtime showers usually come with the first morning joggers wake up. Not that he doesn't like the sun but he simply enjoys the moon and stars over the blinding sun. Not to mention the 24 hour stores always make the best coffee or best food at those times of the night, when they're glad- or not so glad- to have a customer. He finds he likes food better during the night rather than during the busy bustling hours of the day, people are just too crowded and nervous and it gets on Ascot's nerves, why can't people just relax? That's the best part of night, everyone else is tired and that gives him the opportunity to deal with their most chilled out selves. It's the easiest time and the most fun, no one cares what you're doing if it's night- you could eat spray cheese from the bottle and no one's around to judge you.

bottom left - tuurpentine
username - FishyRoyals
name - Kasco
gender - Female
prompt - Frogs frogs oh those slimy frogs. They peep at night and sit at the edge of a pond whenever they please, Kasco loves frogs. They're a different feeling on paws and their sounds are comforting for sleeping at night, the little peep peep peep that they make is like a sound machine to her ears. Whenever Kasco has free time she'll go out with a net and a little carry terrarium to catch a couple little frogs- sort of like Animal Crossing. Despite her friends visual lack of interest- or rather their visible disgust she still loves the slimy little creatures. To feed them worms and to watch them flop around on branches with their sticky little fingers, if you asked her any question about frogs she'd be able to answer it. Poisonous ones, ones in the amazon, ones you find in your pond, ones that hide under leaves. It came from a childhood love of the Princess and The Frog, not only the movie but also the myth of kissing a frog and getting a prince. While trial and error has disproved that but she still collects them for that dream that she'll find a frog prince of her own, that dream still has yet to come true she has her many frogs to keep her company and for now that will be enough. Though there are times where she decides to draw her little frogs as human princes- and yes she plays favorites- though they're all loved relatively equally her favorite it Coli, he's a brightly colored tree frog who enjoys hogging the lamp in his glass cage, she pays special attention to him whenever she can. Frogs will always be a prominent part of Kasco's life, it'll just be awhile until she finds her prince.
Last edited by Fishkin on Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image||Fishy||Artist|| Adult||Sig anim by me||Image
Credit
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fishkin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jasps » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:05 pm

Res!!!

────
hrnn im medicated now but that
doesn't change that
cs's pm system is absolute garbage
please message me on discord if its important thank u
────
─────────────
Слава Україні | BLM
DJ/general nuisance
he/him
adult lol
discord @ jasper#4992

─────────────
art cred <3
jasps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tatzel » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:09 pm

res 4 top right Illu
she/they/he semi-active
Tatzel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grey_Hoodie » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:26 pm

bottom right - DecafBunny
    username - Grey_Hoodie
    name - Sophie
    gender - Female
    prompt -
    [163/300 words]
    Passing through the fields and finding a number of kits popping in and out between fronds of grass, you're not entirely sure what's going on. Held up beneath their chins, each kit had a colorful blown-up balloon. As one of the kits danced behind you, just out of the reach of who you assumed to be the 'It' player, you managed to score something of an explanation. Supposedly, the game was like a frog version of 'Marco, Polo,' but without the water (their parents didn't allow them to go swimming in the lakes without supervision). One of kit's would inflate their balloon before squeezing it against their collarbone, emitting an obnoxiously loud sputtering noise. The others would respond in kind before running off before they could be tagged. Apparently, those balloons were meant to be the frog's throat and the noise, the frog's croak. Personally, you couldn't find the similarity, but so long as the kits were having fun, what did you care?
Last edited by Grey_Hoodie on Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grey_Hoodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me