Re: Rise | #2500

Postby kiffell » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:24 pm

res
- - - - - -
mangroveclan (stars) | cactusclan (stars)
- - - - - -
im no longer active on cs, if you want to talk/need to contact me please do so through discord or TH!
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shuurock » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:22 am

dropping sorry!
Last edited by Shuurock on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shuurock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✹ cloversun

Postby houndpine » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:29 pm

ImageImage

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Username: houndpine

Cat Name: Cloversun

Clan: Clan Fell

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[/center]

"Hey Clover," Burningfell greeted as she stepped up beside him where he lay atop a smooth rock, basking in the pale but warm leafbare sun.

Clover tried to hide his small jump at the sudden voice-- she'd approached on his blind side, and he hadn't been listening to his surroundings, too absorbed in his thoughts.

"Hi," he meowed in response, tilting his face towards her so he could see her fully. She was smiling warmly at him, which helped to ease the anxiety in his gut that he still felt whenever she or another of the high ranks approached him, even after all these moons.

"I just wanted to check in on you," Burningfell explained, sitting beside him and curling her fluffy tail around her haunches. Clover scrambled up to his front paws to match her posture, though his tail twitched too restlessly to wrap it around his paws.

"Honeydusk mentioned that you've been having nightmares again. It's been a while, hasn't it? Not since you first found us, back when my father was still ceann-cinnidh."

Clover twitched his whiskers, glancing away from Burningfell briefly. He owed her father a debt for accepting him into the clan, but some part of him still knew that he'd only really joined because he was reminded of his own father. The former ceann-cinnidh had the same cold, commanding eyes that his father had.

“You will join our clan and serve us as a loyal warrior,”‌ Burningfell’s father said, and so Clover did. He always did as he was told, after all.

Clover gave his shoulders a small shake and refocused on the cat sitting next to him, offering her a small, sheepish smile.

“Don’t worry about me,”‌ he said. “It’ll pass.‌ The cold season just always reminds me of when I‌ left them and found my way here.”‌

Burningfell nodded sympathetically, studying his face for a moment.

“If you’re sure,”‌ she said finally. “Please tell me if the dreams get worse, or if I can do anything to help. You do so much for our clan, you need to let us take care of you in return.”‌

“Of course,”‌ Clover lied. “Thank you.”‌

✹✹✹

He dreamed that night, despite the valerian that Honeydusk had given him to chew, a familiar sympathy in her eyes.

His father was in his dreams, as he always was. His brother, too. This time it was a dream from when they were just kits, young and naive and hopeful. Clover supposed he was still naive and hopeful, despite everything.

“You’re too soft,” his father told Clover in the dream, just as he’d done countless times in life. His eyes were dark and lifeless, the way they were since their mother died, too weak from giving birth to kits for her body to fight off the cough that wormed its way into her lungs. “This world’ll chew you up and spit you out.”

His brother Cypress laughed, and laughed, and laughed. One moment he was still a kit, the brother that would curl up beside Clover at night and gently hush him as he cried. The next he was fully grown, a broad-shouldered tom with eyes just as hard as their father’s, a sneer curling his lip.

“You’re too soft, Clover,”‌ he hissed, their father’s words in his mouth. “I’m gonna chew you up and spit you out.”

Clover woke suddenly, breath loud in his own ears, the scars over his missing eye aching.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Clover padded back into camp early the next morning, the pale leaf-bare sun barely risen over the horizon. He’d slipped out of the camp to go hunting, unable to sleep again after his dream, the voices of his father and brother echoing in his ears.

He dropped the rabbit in his jaws onto the fresh-kill pile, then nosed through the rest of the prey to pick out the smallest vole he could find. His stomach rumbled with hunger and anxiety as he took the vole back to his den to eat.

“You can eat more than that little scrap,”‌ a sudden voice said, making Clover jump and drop the vole, his heart set racing.

He glanced around to see Marshfang sitting at the edge of camp, watching him. The other laoch had unsettled him ever since he first came into the clan, her sharp gaze and tongue and tendency to violence constantly reminding him of the cats he had left.

“I don’t mind,”‌ he replied, grinning at Marshfang. He really didn’t– he liked providing more food for the clan than he took. It the least that he owed them, for saving his life even after everything he’d done.

Her muzzle twitched into a wry smile. “You’re too good to be true, you know that?‌”

Clover tilted his head, tail twitching. “What do you mean?”

“You’re always so cheerful and helpful. Surely you’re not always this happy.”‌

Clover shrugged. “I am happy, usually. This is the best my life has ever been, why wouldn’t I‌ be?”

Marshfang simply regarded thoughtfully him for a few long moments, so Clover smiled at her again before picking up the vole and continuing on his way.

Licking his paws clean after his meal, his mind circled back to Marshfang’s words.

Of course, he was happy. He’d always been happy, even when he was still with his father and brother and the macraidh they’d led. He had been the one who smiled at others even though they never smiled back, who never complained about going without food or shelter even when the others had plenty, who still helped out wherever he could even when fresh scars marred his fur. Now that he belonged, truly, in this clan that had taken him in, how could he not be happy?

Shaking the thoughts from his head, he climbed to his feet and stretched, feeling the tug from the scars along his back and stomach, before padding out of his den.

The rest of the clan was beginning to wake now, cats greeting each other with sleepy purrs. Clover felt a smile come unbidden to his face at the sight of his clanmates.

“Clover!”‌ Wolfsweet’s voice made him turn to see the gray cat approaching him.

“Good morning,”‌ He said brightly, returning her smile.

“I‌ hate to ask this, but I‌ need to help Burningfell out this morning,”‌ Wolfsweet mewed, looking apologetic. “Would you mind taking Amberpaw out on patrol this morning?‌ They’re always restless at the beginning of the day and we could use a dawn patrol.‌”‌

“No problem!” Clover liked Amberpaw; they were feisty but also friendly and genuine, and were good company on patrols and hunts. He hoped that one day the clan would assign him his own apprentice.

“Amberpaw!”‌ Wolfsweet called, her soft, melodious voice suddenly loud and commanding. Clover hid a grin as the apprentice dashed over, skidding to a stop just before running headlong into their mentor.

“You’re patrolling with Clover this morning,”‌ Wolfsweet explained. “Remember what I told you about listening, not just looking?”

Amberpaw nodded, flicking her tail dismissively. “Got it!”‌

Wolfsweet rolled her eyes fondly, mouthed ‘thank you’ to Clover, and trotted off towards Burningfell, who seemed to be in one of her usual worried moods based on her ruffled fur and lashing tail.

“Where do you wanna head first?”‌ Clover asked Amberpaw, happy to go along with their wishes.

“The cliffs!”‌ the apprentice replied without hesitation, and Clover nodded easily.

“Alright, let’s go!”

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁[/center]

Clover looked over the gray, choppy sea, sitting at the edge of the cliffs while Amberpaw cast around nearby for any tracks or scents they could find.

He’d grown up further inland, in a twoleg town, and the sight of the sea never failed to make him realize just how much his life had changed since he was young.

It had been just him, Cypress, and their father when they were kits. Clover and Cypress quickly learned how to scrounge for scraps of food, as their father could more often be found wandering through the streets picking fights than providing for his motherless kits.

They’d grown, though both of them scrawny and underfed. Cypress often had to defend his softer, smaller brother from rats, other cats, and dogs. In turn, Clover idolized his brother and sought to do whatever would make him happy.

One day his father started hanging around other cats. They were the kind that Clover usually made sure to avoid– they had hard eyes, scarred pelts, and sharp claws. Clover didn’t want to be around his father’s friends, but Cypress seemed impressed by them, and he started to stick closer to their father. So Clover did too because his place was by his brother’s side.

His father and the other cats started calling themselves the macraidh– the gang. They stalked up and down the streets and used their numbers and ferocity to intimidate other cats into giving up their meals, their shelter– anything that the macraidh wanted. If somebody refused to give them what they asked for, they’d use their claws and teeth to get it.

The first time Clover tried to stop them from raiding the den of a pregnant queen, his father seized his right ear in his jaws, shaking his head until he tore the tip off. Clover watched, blinking hot blood from his eyes, as they took the queen’s food and the ragged blankets she’d curled up in.

Every time Clover tried to speak up against the macraidh, another one of them would leave a new scar on his pelt. Eventually he stopped speaking up, and instead, he just stood by as they did as they pleased.

“You’re soft,”‌ Clover’s father said to him one day. It was his favorite refrain, and his mouth formed the words with familiar, oft-expressed spite.

Cypress glanced over at them disinterestedly, then looked away again. There was a time when he would have defended Clover, spoken up for him and distracted their father.

“You need to start pulling your weight around here,”‌ their father said, his gaze dark and heavy on his least favorite son. “Start helping out when we go out collecting.‌”

Clover felt his stomach drop.

✹✹✹

“Clover!”‌ Amberpaw called, jolting him out of his memories. He stood and turned to see Amberpaw had gone further than he realized, standing a way down the long line of the cliffs.

“I think I‌ found something!”‌ the apprentice said, tail waving enthusiastically.

“Let me come take a look,”‌ Clover called, trotting over to the younger cat. “Good job!”‌

“Some tracks, and an unfamiliar cat’s scent,” Amberpaw explained, using one paw to gesture at the cat prints she’d found in the loam. “Maybe it’s a rogue!”‌ They sounded excited at the thought.

Clover smiled to himself and stepped forward to inspect the tracks.

The breeze shifted, carrying an all-too-familiar scent to his nose.

Clover froze, feeling the fur rise along his back and tail.

Cypress.

“…ver. Clover! Hey, what’s wrong?‌ Clover!”‌ His awareness of Amberpaw’s loud, worried voice gradually brought him back to himself. He realized he was standing frozen, back arched and fur raised, his ears pinned back to his head.

“It’s–” his voice failed. He cleared his throat and tried again. “‌It’s Cypress.”‌

“Cypress?”‌ Amberpaw asked, their tail lashing with confusion and worry.

“My brother,”‌ Clover said numbly.

“Isn’t that… a good thing?”‌ Amberpaw said, tilting their head. They’d just been a kit when Clover had stumbled onto Clan Fell territory, the deep scores over his eye still fresh and bloody, lost and alone. They hadn’t heard the fragmented story he’d told the patrol who found him, and he supposed the cats who had kept it to themselves.‌ In the midst of the cold dread in his chest, he felt a bright spark of warmth for his clanmates.

“No,”‌ he responded finally. “No, it’s not a good thing. He’s not… he’s not good.”‌

Amberpaw said nothing, watching him with sympathy in their eyes. He was suddenly conscious of how young and inexperienced they were, how vulnerable they’d appear to Cypress.

“Let’s head back to camp,”‌ he said, keeping his voice calm and mustering the best smile he could. Amberpaw didn’t seem very reassured, but they just nodded.

“And leave so soon, brother?” Cypress said, stepping across the moor towards them.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁[/center]

Clover was suddenly young again, frozen, staring at his brother after the first time that Cypress ever gave him a scar, leaving two stripes across the side of his muzzle. He could taste his own blood in his mouth again.

“Not even going to say hello to your dear old brother, eh?‌”‌ Cypress said as he stalked closer. His eyes flicked to Amberpaw, who had arched their back and stuck their tail straight up in the air, stiff-legged and defensive. Cypress laughed, the sound sending an ice-cold shiver down Clover’s spine.

“And who’s this little thing?‌ She your new little sister, Clover?‌”

Amberpaw hissed. “They.”‌

Cypress looked confused for a second, then looked angry that the apprentice had managed to throw him off. He took a step forward, eyes narrowed dangerously. He was at least twice as heavy as Amberpaw, broad-shouldered and well-muscled, and the sight of him approaching Amberpaw finally snapped Clover out of his paralyzed state.

He leaped in front of Amberpaw, shielding them with his body.

“Don’t touch them, Cypress,”‌ Clover said, his voice much stronger than he felt. “Go back to camp, Amberpaw. Fetch Marshfang and the others while I‌ talk to my brother.”‌

Amberpaw hesitated, then darted out from behind Clover. Cypress made a move as if to lunge for them, but Clover hissed, drawing his brother’s attention back to him. Amberpaw streaked away across the moor. She was fast, and Clover knew it wouldn’t be long until the rest of his clan came to his side. The thought calmed his racing heart.

“You think I’m here to hurt you,”‌ Cypress observed.

“Well, the last time I‌ saw you it was with two eyes,”‌ Clover replied, feeling the phantom pain of Cypress’s claws ripping across his face.

Cypress barked a short, sharp laugh. “You’ve acquired a spine since I‌ last saw you, brother. Our father would be so proud if he was still alive to see it.”‌

Clover flinched, his mind spiraling back to the last time he saw their father.

“I told you it was your time to start contributing something,”‌ his father said as Clover stared in horror at the young cat, barely older than a kit, trembling in the center of a circle of sneering macraidh cats. “Go ahead, give the wretch a little swipe of the claws. That’ll teach him to give us what we ask for quickly, next time.”‌

“N–no,”‌ Clover stammered. “I can’t.”‌

“You can’t?‌”‌ His father snarled, stepping closer. “You can and you will, boy. That’s an order.”‌

“No,”‌ Clover said again, his heart racing and his mind full of nothing but blind panic and the knowledge that he couldn’t do what his father asked.

With a low yowl of anger, his father knocked him over and stood over him, a paw on his throat. Clover struggled frantically under the weight.

“You good-for-nothing waste of prey,”‌ his father hissed. “Either you teach that little rat a lesson, or I’ll teach the same lesson to you.”‌

Clover didn’t say anything, too panicked and afraid to do anything but push uselessly at his father’s bulk with his paws.

His father scoffed, then let him to his feet, turning his attention to the terrified young cat. “Fine. I’ll do it myself.”

He raised his paw, claws unsheathed, and something inside Clover broke. He lunged at his father, knocking him off balance. His father roared in anger, turning his fury back upon Clover in an instant.

It was bad fortune more than anything that killed his father in the end. Clover turned tail and ran across the street. His father, blind with rage, streaked after him. He never saw the thunderbeast coming.

“You killed him,”‌ Cypress hissed now, the same look of ruined devastation on his face that had marred it when he saw their father’s broken body. That look had been what preceded the terrible blow that ruined Clover’s eye.

“It was an accident,”‌ Clover gasped, backing away. “I never meant to kill him.”‌

“Well, I‌ meant to kill you,”‌‌ Cypress said. “But you ran away like the coward you are before I‌ could take more than your eye from you.”‌ He stalked forward, eyes burning, muscles bunching as he prepared to strike–

A‌ loud yowl filled the air as a dark blur shot into Cypress, knocking him off balance. He stumbled, then recovered as Marshfang hissed at him. Wolfsweet and Burningfell were close behind, their furious voices joining Marshfang’s as they fell into place on either side of her.

Cypress looked taken aback by the sudden array of spitting, snarling warriors facing him. He faked a lunge forward, but none of them flinched. He darted a furious, hateful look at Clover, then seemed to come to a decision.

“I’ll come back for you, brother.”

“We’ll still be here when you do,”‌ Burningfell said, her voice strong. “Now get off my territory.”

Cypress lashed his tail, then turned and loped away across the moor. The warriors watched his retreat until his figure faded into the swaying heather. Clover watched too, his heart slowing as the fear left it.

“Thank you for saving my life,”‌ Clover said. Again, he thought.

“Come back to camp,”‌ Burningfell said softly. “I think it’s time that you realize just how important you are to our clan.”

✹✹✹

Burningfell smiled down at Clover from atop the meeting rock, her eyes shining.

"I name you Cloversun, a laoch of Clan Fell, for your bright spirit, your warmth, and the light that burns within you and vanquishes even the darkest and coldest of nights. Clan Fell is proud to have you as our own."

Cloversun thought his heart would burst as his clanmates cheered and congratulated him, their smiles full of the same love that he felt for them.

[ 3000 / 3000 words ]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[/center]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by houndpine on Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 20 times in total.
houndpine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archery_TPC » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:31 am

Username: ChicBoy1_
Cat Name: Flametuft

Clan: GladeClan (In Sig)

Prompt:

[ 933 Words ] [ 1 Image ]

Throw me to the wolves and I'll come leading the pack.

Darkness Preys
ǝW ǝʌɐS

Flametuft choked, feeling hot, sticky liquid drip down his pelt. His entire body shook with agony and his muscles felt as if they’d been ripped from his body. The night air was thick with the stench of blood and yowls filled the air. Flametuft had been the first to witness the attack - the rogues had cornered him and his small patrol, laughing as they decided how to torture the clan cats. Not before Flametuft’s apprentice snuck away, though. It had ended in a battle, and Flametuft had made the mistake of leaping into a den of lions. Without backup, he leaped forward and attacked the rogues. Wounds littered his pelt, and Flametuft realized that he and his clan were beginning to lose. Ignoring the tiring pain rippling through him, Flametuft stumbled forwards, attacking a rogue. The rogue growled, swiping a claw at Flametuft. Unexpectedly, a yowl of anger filled the air, and everything went silent. Cinderstar stood, blood seeping from a wound across her belly as she glared at the rogues.
“The battle is over!” Cinderstar yelled. Slowly, the clan filed out, entering the ditch known as Gladeclan. Flametuft could hear the shrill laughter of the rogues, and it angered him to know they had won. But more importantly, he felt a weight lift off of his shoulders as he entered the camp. His wounds seemed to stop hurting, and he didn’t feel tired. He felt somehow peaceful. His emotions were replaced by confusion when he began to fall to the ground, his muscles protesting, not listening to his demands to move his legs. Everything went black.
Flametuft woke with a start, his eyes refusing to open. He sniffed the air, breathing in the cold air of what he could only assume was a cold winter's night. Which was weird, since it wasn’t winter. The ground underneath Flametuft was soft, a texture he couldn’t explain. Everything was dark, and fear began to crawl beneath Flametuft’s pelt like ants beneath an anthill. His breathing grew more shallow, and he willed himself to open his eyes. “Please…” He murmured. “Let me see,” His eyes blinked, and he was blinded by a bright light.

Hidden Miracles
ʞɔnʇS ɯ,I

Flametuft found himself on plush moss, hidden away in the medicine den. His body ached, and he noticed green poultices spread all over his body. His eyes adjusted, and he let out a breath of relief. The short amount of happiness was disturbed by the medicine cat padding into the den.
“Flametuft, glad you survived that horror show,” The she-cat stated, entering a small tunneled out hole and returning with a bunch of leaves. Flametuft smiled painfully, flicking his tail. "I'm afraid," The she-cat turned, looking at Flametuft. "You might have a few scars." Flametuft shrugged, pain slicing through his torso. He twitched, turning as he heard paw-steps.
"Pebblefrost, may I get him alone?" Flametuft smiled, fond of the she-cat in front of him.
"Hi, Foxfur," Flametuft mewed, gazing warmly at Foxfur. Foxfur shrugged, waiting for Pebblefrost to leave. After the medicine cat disappeared, Foxfur's gaze darkened.
"A rogue snuck in," Foxfur mewed as she clawed at herself. "I didn't know what to do," She continued, biting her tail. "I couldn't help my mate, he was struck," Foxfur finished, raising a paw. Flametuft shook his head in confusion. Horror pulsed through him as Foxfur went to slice her claws over her throat. Instead, Flametuft flinched, causing her claws to pierce his face, pulling across his eye. Flametuft yowled in agony, hearing stirred mews outside the den. Foxfur flinched, before yowling as well.
"Help...!" She yowled, her mew a mixed tone of shock and sadness. Pebblefrost rushed in, immediately gasping as she saw Flametuft. Flametuft's view was messy, blood blurring the edges of his vision. His eye burned, the familiar feeling dripping down Flametuft's muzzle. Pebblefrost rushed into action, mixing leaves and creating weird mixtures. The poultice was cool on Flametuft's eye, and although it stung, the pain cooled down, eventually ceasing altogether. Pebblefrost lay down next to Flametuft, exhaling.
"What happened?"
"She attacked me," Flametuft stated, his voice held an eerie hollow feeling as he spoke the words. Pebblefrost's jaw was agape, and she sat for a few moments, before shaking her head. She stood up, padding out of the den.

Losing Battle
ssʎq∀ ǝɥ┴ uI

Flametuft stared across the lake, fur ruffled. His one undamaged eye was no longer a bright emerald, instead a dull green. Pebblefrost sat next to him, eyes shut, long fur dancing in the wind.
"One day," Pebblefrost mewed, opening her eyes. She turned to face Flametuft. "One day you'll understand why," She sighed. "Just not today," She muttered as Flametuft faced her. His eye glistened.
"I'm not even allowed the simplest thing - Starclan forbid I fall in love with you, yet I already have," Flametuft breathed, the pain in his voice sending a shiver down Pebblefrost's spine. She would admit her heart fluttered, though.
"You fight a losing battle," Pebblefrost mewed. "The battle shifts every moment - yet, in the end - you'll come out with the strength of a leader. You must learn to use your experience," Pebblefrost placed a paw on Flametuft's chest. "To overcome and to teach others," Flametuft's heart thrummed beneath his chest, and his eye lightened. Pebblefrost glanced, and noticing this, she smiled triumphantly.
"I'll try," Flametuft mewed. "Though, to strangers, this would seem to be a small problem compared to their's-" He sighed. "I won't give up," Turning to Pebblefrost, Flametuft pressed his nose to hers.
"I'll try for you."
Last edited by Archery_TPC on Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
old account, stopped playing like a solid few years ago 👍
Archery_TPC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby silver ~ » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:00 am

dropping out! good luck to everybody <3
Last edited by silver ~ on Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silver ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ju_is_Lucky » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:39 am

Username: UnhollyFireFly
Cat Name: Heart that beats strong (Former known as Catcher)

Clan: x

Prompt: (max 3000 words + 5 art pieces)
1. Torn
Catcher’s leg carried his body over the wild grass that spread upon the ground. He breathed hard but still tried to get his legs to move faster than they ever could. “Wait up!” He screamed for his siblings. They were way ahead of him and he lost them more and more with every second Faster! I have to go faster! He forced his legs to just go a little faster, but this was enough. His front legs crashed together. With a surprised yelp he landed face first on the ground. The little kit moaned in pain. He slowly turned around and breathed hard. “Oughhh.” He didn’t stand up for a while. His ears abruptly turned around. He heard cry’s and whimpers. Root? Trick? He got on his legs and started to run. The adrenalin made him forget his tiredness and pain. All he heard where the cries of his siblings. His nose field with the smell of blood. NOOO! He dashed into a thorn bush. His pelt ripped but he did not stop ‘till he was in front of a shocking scene. His two brothers laid in front of a cave, blood around and all over them. “N-No… No…” His legs shook hard and he couldn’t look away. Why… Why…. It can’t be… No… His thoughts rumbled so loud in his head he didn’t hear the smooth red figure emerge from the shadows. “AHHHHH!” He screamed the moment hard shining teeth bite into his ears tearing him away from the ground. A Fox. “HELP! MOM!” He cried out. The creature shook him around still biting down on his ears. With a loud snap the little body of the white and red tom fell to the ground. Pain emerging from his head spread throughout his whole body. He turned around looking at the Fox. It was ready to bite down again and tear him apart but he could see a small shadow jumping upon the enemy. Catchers breathe got slower. The adrenalin left his body and the little kit just collapsed. The next thing he felt where the soft betting underneath him. He looked around seeing his mother licking some of her wounds. “M-Mom?” She looked to him “Catcher how do you fell?” She hurried to him. “My head hurts…” He admitted and laid his head against his mother’s side. “Where are Root and Tick?” He ask looking up to her. A flash of pain shined in her eyes. “Listen to me Catcher… They won’t come back and you won’t be able to see them anymore, but they are here. They will keep you company even if you can’t feel them. So promise me…. Stay strong… Stay alive… Please life for them too…”

2. Seen
Catcher carried the mice to the old cave where he and his mother lived. The young tom became big and agile. No Prey can hide from me! He thought to himself. He overflowed with energy and the will to do anything. His Paws almost danced lightly over the ground. His Mother will be proud of him! He wasn’t as big as he already wanted but with time he will be one of the strongest cats in this land! He was sure of this. Slowly he climbed into the cave and purred the moment he saw his Mother. “Your already back” She meowed with her soft voice. “Of course! You said you were hungry so I got you this mouse.” He carefully laid the grey body in front of his mother. “Thank you.” She purred and licked lovingly over his cheek. “I will get more while you go to eat” “You don’t have to…we-” She tried to protest but her son didn’t listened “I will be the best hunter you’ll ever see!” He ran out of the cave back into the forest. He became faster. The exiting feeling in his body made him blind of the shadow that flew over him. The little Tom slowed down ready to search for his prey, not knowing someone else thought he would make a good meal. The moment he lowered his body a screaking sound emerged from the sky. His head whirled around to see a big bird starching out its claws. Just a heartbeat later he couldn’t see it anymore. A sudden pain made him jump back. He closed his eyes and screamed loud. He whirled around and opened his eyes… At least he tried. One didn’t open or it felled like it. What… No… He scanned the sky. Where is this feathered monster?! His ears turned and the quiet sound of wings field the silence like thunder. This time he was ready. He sprung around clawing into the giant bird that shirked in surprise. Got it! He opened his mouth and rammed his teeth into the wing of the beast before it could try to fly away. Its claws scratched on his belly so he let’s go of it. The bird turned around and tried to fly away but his wing didn’t want to move like it wanted. With a big jump catcher was on top of it and bit into its neck. The bird was still now and dangled in his mouth. “You took my eye….” The blood dripped down his face while he locked at the bird. He never saw anything like it. “Beast.” He murmured. “I showed you beast! I was stronger than you! I won’t let anything take my life! I decide when my life ends!”

3. Shush
The young tom became a strong and elegant adult. After the death of Catchers mother he became a member of a group. This cats are strong and don’t fear anything. At least that’s what the cats in the Highwalkers camp thought. But Catcher had one fear. A big one. He wanted to make his relationship official. Not long ago he met a pretty she cat. She wasn’t just beautiful. She was kind and smart. It didn’t took long and this cat stole his heart. She became the first thought in the morning and the last before going to sleep for him. He believed he would never have a chance with her. In his eyes she was perfect but one night when he couldn’t sleep and wandered around in the forest she was there too. At this time it was already a habit of them to talk when they saw each other. One night stated to became a few nights, but this turned into every night. Just two moon rises ago he finally told her his feelings. She literally jump on him and told him how long she wanted to hear or say this but she wasn’t brave enough. Everything would be great now it wasn’t for her brother. He hated him but not only that he also was the best friend of the leader! Oh spirits He thought. But today would be the day he will tell him! “Today…” He said to himself. “What is today?” The voice of his leader made him whirl around “Oh Dusk! Nothing really important” He lied looking behind the big tom to see…him. “Frwan? I need to talk to you.” “To me?!” He meowed loudly and surprised. “Yes please.” He looked at the black cat “Well than speak.” “Not here.” Frwan eyed him suspiciously but turned around and walked away. With his tail he gave him a sign to follow. Catcher did. Away from the other cats Frwan looked at him. “What is it?” His voice was bored and it was clear he didn’t wanted to talk to him. “I-”His voice gave in. His head whirled around the possibilities that could come out of this. “Speak now!” Frwan hissed. “Clari is my mate now.” He said standing tall now. “She…what?” A growl stated to rise in his throat. Catcher spoke again this time without fear but with pride. “She and I are mates now. And there is noth-“Bevor he could say anything sharp claws run over his face. He tuned his head the last moment so Frwan wouldn’t hit his mouth. “Shush! I don’t want to hear it! You and her are not mates! Not now not ever!” Catcher could taste the blood that slowly dripped into his mouth. “You can’t control this.” He said. The black tom was ready to jump on him when Dusk came to them. “Stop! Frwan come with me. Catcher. Go to Oak. He will look if that wound will have to be treated.” He went away with Frwan. I don`t care what he say’s! This is my life!

4. Loved
Catcher lied behind Clari. The she-cat purred happily looking down at the little red and white bundle of fur. “He is perfect.” She whispered looking down on their son. “Do you have a name for him?” He purred full of excitement. “I thought Cardinal would be a good name. Like the red bird.” She softly said. “Yeah. That’s a great name.” Catcher said and snuggled closer to her. He closed his eye and just relaxed. It didn’t took long he slept in. But this sleep wasn’t long. A loud scream woke him up. “Dogs!” Someone screamed. Clari was also awake by now. “W-what. No!” “Stay here!” Catcher said standing up. “No I have to help you!” “No! You have to protect Cardinal!” He screamed full of fear. Without another word he ran outside. 1, 2, 3….7! Where do they come from!? One big one, 2 medium dogs and 4 little ones! He hissed at them. One of the smaller dogs ran to him. A battle cry came out of Catchers mouth. He dogged the attack and jumped upon the dogs back. You won’t come far! He scratched over his back and the Dog whimpers in pain. [i/Ha! Not so strong now you rat! [/i]He cached the dog away from the cave where Cardinal and Clari where. “Catcher behind you!” He heard someone scream. He tuned as fast as he could but teeth already bit into him. There was just a little space above his heart and the teeth’s. Spirits! The cat that screamed at him jumped on the back of the dog. The animal let go of Catcher and tries to wiggle free from the cats upon his back Frwan! Catcher jumped against the dog taking its balance. The Dog fell and whirled around just to run away the moment it was free. “Frwan! Thank you!” Catcher said out of breath. “Don’t think I like you now! I just my sister to be happy!” He looked angry at him. Catcher didn’t had the time to reply. A loud scream made both toms look into the direction it came from. Dusk was surrounded by tree dogs. Frwan looked between his best friend and the cave his sister and newborn nephew where in. Unsure which on to help. “Go to Dusk! I handle that here.” Frwan looked like he wanted to make a snarky reply but he just nodded and stared to run in the direction of Dusk. Catcher looked around seeing the big dog running straight for him. I will End you! He dogged the big animal just moment bevor it had him. He scratched its legs. Jumped on his back. Bit into its tail but it wouldn’t run away. Just Flee! He prayed silently in his head trying harder and harder to the get the dog away from the cave. He was not ready when its head rammed into his body. He almost felled like he was flying but his body landed hard on the ground taking him the illusion. He breathed hard trying to stand up. I can’t move…. No! Not again! Stand up! Now! It took him a while before his body gave him back the control. He jumped up seeing the dog’s front in the cave “NOOO!” He cried loud. Jumping on top of it again. Other cats joined him and fought hard to get the last dog out of there camp. He looked into the cave but all he saw was his worst nightmare. He couldn’t even really realis it when he was yanked away. It was Frwan. “I thought you handle this!”

5. Chance
His legs tumbled. He tried to walk correctly but the blood lost made it hard. The wound on his back and his back leg didn’t stop bleeding. What did I fight again… His thoughts run wild. Nothing made sense. He saw Clari again… She survived. Oak saved her… but not Cardinal… No one could save Cardinal. Not he, not Oak… but that was not why he was so badly heard. The wounds the got from the dogs were healed… It was the beast! No… no… It was dead… He killed it… The Foxes! Yes… He was hunting and then… The thing jumped on him… He had no chance to react. It can’t end like this… After everything… I can’t die like them… I have to live for them! I have be strong for them. They are watching me! Root! Trick! Mother! Cardinal! I can’t… He fell to the ground. /No! Not now! I’m not done! I am NOT done! Spirits! Help me…/ He could see the little red and white kit in front of him Cardinal…? Two other little kits stood next to him a little bigger. Root… Trick… One old big cat came close to him. “M-Mother…” He whispered. She touched is nose with hers. He looked up seeing a red creature. No… It’s over…. It’s over Ready to feel the teeth of the fox on him he closed his eyes. I’m sorry I wasn’t ready… I’m sorry I broke your heart Clari… I’m sorry I couldn’t save anyone.He didn’t fell anything. Just the ground beneath him. He opened his eyes again. What? It wasn’t the Fox…It was a Cat! “Please let me help you.” The red tom spoke softly. Catcher could only nod anymore.This is my chance. Thank you spirits.

Words : 2336/3000 (I'm so sorry for tippos! English isn't my first language. I did my best i hope it's okay)
Ju_is_Lucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hawky<3 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:06 am

extended one week from end date (12/6)

hi! call me hawk or hawky :)
they/she
i draw and rp sometimes
pm me, i love to chat!

cleudsxxmy TH
art shop
Hawky<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazin » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:30 pm

Username: Kazin
    Cat Name: Eden

Clan: Twilight Drift

Prompt:

He could hear the whispers wherever he went. He wasn't deaf, after all. Just missing an eye. But still, they continued for as long as he could remember. He would still offer them a smile and a polite nod; that was what his mother taught him. Kindness and compassion would go a long way in the world full of hatred.

It was an accident, losing his eye. Completely avoidable, but he was a kit, and he liked to wander, as most kits do. Unfortunately for him, he wandered into the territory of an angry eagle. He was lucky he only lost his eye that day, especially as he was small - he would have been an easy meal for the raptor, but he has always had one cat there to save him. Even if what he needed saving from was himself.

Eden's mother has always provided a safe place. She has always comforted him, assured him that he is good enough, and protected him from the words that stung at his pelt. The whispers told him that he would never become more than an apprentice, meant to clean up nests and help the medicine cat sort herbs. He was damaged, and would never make a good warrior. Instead of fighting them with his own words, his mother told him one thing as he grew up in the nursery with her.

Show them what you are destined to be.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"Mom?" Eden called out, voice echoing around the empty nursery. There weren't any other queens around, though Eden couldn't say he was entirely unhappy with that. The cats would probably stay away from him anyway, as if missing an eye was contagious. They didn't want to end up catching the eyeless disease, as if it could take their eyesight and give it to Eden instead. Eden snorted as he thought of it, smiling to himself, almost forgetting why he had come in here in the first place.

A dark shape, tucked away in the corner, lifted it's head up at the sound of Eden's voice. The cat let out a yawn, stretching as she came into the light to greet Eden. "Yes, my child?" She purred, eyes blinking in grogginess.

"I wanted to ask you something," the tom said, sitting back on his haunches. His mother tilted her head, waiting for him to continue. "Who do you think will mentor me?" He asked, more curious than anything. He knew he would not be a favorable apprentice for any warrior of the clan, though he was sure someone would have to. Right?

Silence stretched on for a few moments, his mother narrowing her eyes as she thought. "I don't really have an answer for you, Eden. I can only tell you to work hard, and prove your worth. Your heart is all you will need to succeed."

"Right," Eden sighed, allowing himself a moment of disappointment. He really did want to know who would mentor him. "Thanks!" He said brightly, turning to leave. He had to prepare for his apprentice ceremony!

______________________________________________________________________________

"From this day forward, you will be an apprentice of the clan." Eden sat proudly at the foot of the large tree used for clan meetings, ignoring the incredulous stares of the others, practically hearing their thoughts of how will he ever be a warrior? Today was his day. With a shining eye, Eden continued to watch his leader with pride, ready to begin training and serving his clan. "Are you ready to meet your mentor?" The leader asked, giving the newly made apprentice a slight smirk.

A nod was all Eden could manage, nerves taking hold of his voice, not allowing him to speak. He was sure it would be little more than a squeak if he did manage to speak.

"You are going to be training under me, young Eden." The silence that swept through the camp was eerily quiet. Eden was just as shocked as the rest of them, surely echoing the thoughts the others cats must have. How could the leader pick him? He's damaged, and the leader almost always picks a cat that shows true promise in leading the clan one day! The confusion and hostility in the air was almost palpable.

There seemed to only be one pair of eyes in the crowd that was not filled with hostility. Rather, they were filled with pride, with happiness, with sheer joy. Thank him, she mouthed, beaming over at her son. She would be by his side to support him, always.

"I-I, uh, thank you!" Eden managed to squeak out, his voice breathy and high-pitched. The leader gave Eden another smirk, nodding his head to dismiss the clan.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Faster! Don't miss the opportunity to strike! Don't let your guard down! Pay attention to your blind spot, cats will go for it if you're not constantly vigilant! His mentor's voice rang in his mind over and over and over again, though he was very much alone at the current moment. The time had come for Eden's warrior assessment, for him to become a full member of the clan. He had to do it right, or face more scorn from the clan cats that already resented him enough. He had worked without stopping throughout his apprenticeship, ready to take the next step and become a warrior. He would do this. Not only for himself, but for the kind eyes that continued to watch over him, to guide him, to praise him, comfort him when he was feeling unsure... his mother was cheering him on, even if she wasn't here right now.

There! A cat stationed up ahead, his final battle in the assessment. He had made it through climbing tests, swimming tests, and a hunting test, all examining the different abilities he had learned throughout his training. It was now time to test his battle skills, and his endurance skills... the last leg of his journey to becoming a warrior.

The cat leaped without warning, going for Eden's blind spot. Keep them on your good side. Yes, good idea, mother. He gave his own leap, twisting in the air and landing with the cat in his vision. A sneer broke out across the warrior's face, pouncing again to the field of nothingness around Eden's left side. Another twist by the young cat. After the third attempt by the warrior to get on Eden's bad side, the apprentice made the decision to attack first, feinting to the right like he was going to twist around again, but pouncing on the cat at the last moment. Carefully making sure he kept his claws sheathed, Eden battered at the cats back with soft paws. As the bigger cat struggled underneath Eden's weight, the ginger tom shifted to one side, causing the cat to roll onto it's back, and Eden was successful in pinning the cat down.

"Well done!" The call came from in the forest, and Eden allowed his combatant up, both panting slightly from the effort. The two cats exchanged a nod, smiling slightly at each other. "You've done brilliantly, Eden," his mentor said, utterly beaming at his apprentice as he came into view alongside the deputy. "You've passed."

Those two words sent Eden's heart soaring. He did it! He could become a warrior! Despite all the cats that had ever thought or told him otherwise, he had done it!

"I have to go tell my mom!" He yowled, sprinting off, his exhaustion from the assessment forgotten. His paws didn't slow until he had reached the Moonpool, and he stuck his nose into the icy waters without a second thought, waking up in the silvery world he spent so much time in, seeing his mother raise her head from her usual corner, coming over to him with a press of her starry nose against Eden's bright pelt.

"I did it!" He announced, green eye shining, reflected in her own starry blue ones. Her gaze wrinkled around the edges, rubbing against her son and purring.

"I'm so proud of you," she murmured, her cold touch ruffling Eden's pelt. "I knew you could."

"It's all thanks to you, mom. I wouldn't even be here without you." The eagle had always meant to take a life that day, but Eden was spared due to the actions of another cat. One that continued to cheer him on, even in death. She refused to leave her son without support in a world that wanted to do nothing more than beat him down.

Eden would always have his mother beside him. He would fight for her, and he would bring as much compassion and kindness into the world as she did. He wouldn't let her sacrifice for him be in vain.

"Thank you, mom."

Font Credit
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndpine » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:16 pm

Good luck everyone!! All of these forms are so fun to read through!
And thank you again for the extension, Hawky! I was glad to be able to put together a form for this cat-- it was a really fun contest to write/draw for. C:
houndpine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby katsue » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:51 pm

Please judge this competition soon! Thanks!
katsue
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me