Re: lost kamper #8

Postby Calibri » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:28 am

username: Calibri
    kalon name: Mary Foley-Halloran

spooky story:
    Ghost ship?? wip

extra art piece:
    (optional)
Last edited by Calibri on Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
    ██
    FEEL FREE TO CALL ME CALI !!
    cs time +2 | she/her | esfp-t | chars | nebunnies
Calibri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

smooth-talker, skin-walker

Postby gooey. » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:30 am

x
x

username; peep. | name; beowulf | gender; male | roll call; xxx

[ 500 words ]

In the wilderness there lived a boy and his family.
This boy lived isolated from society, but he watched humanity through the trees,
as a large city bustled near his home. His parents did not like that he observed the
outsiders, but they did not forbid him. He once lived in the city, but years ago, his
family had fled in the night, and Mother said it was because they were not like the others.
The boy loved his family, and felt they were very similar to the people in the city. He
often wondered why they did not still reside there, but he knew better than to ask.
Like the city dwellers, his family played ball in the yard, had dinner together, and laughed
and sang with each other. The boy figured they were much the same.

________

One day, the boy got brave. He ventured down past the forest, much farther than he
had ventured before. He slowed as he neared the roads, as the cars were fast and frightening.
As he stopped, something crunched under his foot. He picked up the piece of paper and
turned it all around in his hands. His mother made pictures just like these. This one was of
him, colors slightly smudged and faded. How on earth did one of Mother's paintings get down here?
He decided it was best to return to the forest, but kept the picture.

He thought and thought, but he could not fathom why his mother would travel to the city and not
tell him. Late that night, he crept into the city again. He couldn't ask his family, but he could ask a
city dweller.

He wasnt sure why the person flinched upon seeing him, and he wasnt sure why they made such a
commotion when he handed them the picture and asked where it came from.

________

He was away from home the next few days, and very homesick. The people were kind, but his mother
was kinder, and he wished she was here with him. Finally, someone sat down at the table across from
him and slid the picture towards him. Finally, he was going to learn why his mother's painting was so
close to the city.

"This is your missing poster." The man said simply, but the boy did not understand.
"Missing? From where?"
"Your family." Replied the man, and the boy watched as his mother entered the room. He ran from his
chair and hugged her. She was crying, gripping his hair, mumbling how much she missed him.
"Mama," he said, tears stinging his eyes, "I want to go home. I'll never go to the city again. I'll play only
in the forest. This has been the worst few days, Mama."
He felt his mother stiffen at his words. She let go of him and backed away, her hands over her mouth.
"Son," she whispered, and the boy felt cold, "we've never lived in the forest. It's been two years since
you went missing."

________

x
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

X

After the kalon was finished with his ghost story,
Birdie decided it was best to go back to his cabin and out
of the forest, but upon arrival, he noticed his wallet
is missing from his back pocket, and the kalon is no
where to be seen...

Last edited by gooey. on Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:48 am, edited 6 times in total.
gooey.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Avisowl » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:11 am

Res oooh
xxxxxxx
just
a
girl
who
thinks
she's
an
owl

xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm a night owl, and
luckily my profession
supports that. The
best ideas come to
me in the dead of
night.
xxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Avisowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tea... » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:04 am

Mark!
ImageArt Shop!I am doing commissions! Very slowly please be patient with me.
Please don't message me on cs unless you don't have a discord! Please message me on discord here at Tea.#1054
Teá. + 342434

Tea...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:13 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

username: kyar
kalon name: eliam

spooky story:
      moonlight hung over the weary branches, each pressed by the nightly winds into a pale starbitten sky. limbs creaking over one another, the sounds of a rusted swingset, the rustle of creatures, or was it only the wind?

a crackling campfire lit the faces of the weary kampers, nightfall coming with no peace tonight. the air of a storm brewing kept birds from singing, the nightly chorus of frogs picking up a different, stranger tone. the wind had a scent to it, a breath of storm, foreshadowed rain. clouds built on the horizon, milling and tumbling forward with the pressing winds.

firelight illuminated a new face, a kamper who safiya had not yet seen. his eyes were a blinding white, seeming to suck up and boil the firelight, consuming it in the empty surface. the stranger's eyes lifted, as if he felt her gaze, and safiya's own turned away. there was something strange about him, something she disliked. she couldn't place it. she felt it.

"would anyone like to hear an old forest legend?"

the look on his face told her that this was no simple story of fairies and forest nymphs. the ominous weather swirling overhead was far from reassuring, but she had faced the test of courage through to the end. surely an old legend could be nothing. (and, perhaps it was worth noting that her hike was already over, and it was better to hear something spooky after she'd faced the danger)

"it's a true story," he insisted.

even better, safiya thought. he's trying to scare us.

still, as she thought about it... where had he come from? she was so certain she'd met or at least seen nearly everyone in kamp by now. she wouldn't have forgotten those eyes...

the small collection of kampers shifted in their seats, some eager, others' uncertainty shining through the tips of the campfire flames. safiya held her breath a moment, but sat still, steady. her face remained largely unchanged, though her eyes held just a flicker of doubt.

a smile crept slowly across his face.

"long ago, when the forests were still new, a beautiful young kalon was born."

his eyes scanned the crowd as he leaned forward.

"for her task was simple: she was given, by the gods, the charge of watching over the forests of the world."

"all of them?" a young kamper interrupted. he turned with a smile towards the child.

"yes, every one. and for that, she was given great power. for in those days, the forests were new and she too, new to the world. kalons would enjoy the forests for their beauty, taking only what they needed. they took firewood from fallen trees to warm their homes, and berries from the bushes to eat. they hunted the animals who lived there and used them carefully, thanking the forest for its bounty.

"but as time passed, kalons became greedy. they cut down trees to clear space for their homes, they stole flowers and plant life for no purpose at all. the forests began to sicken, and so too, the beautiful kalon put at their charge.

"her heart was one with the forest. she felt the pain it felt as plants and animals suffered. who had once been a figure of grace, an idol of near divinity, her heart began to grow cold. no longer did kalons care to admire the beauty of the forests from afar. now, the forest was a resource - something to use, to control. as the forest grew weaker, the pain in her heart grew stronger."

he stopped, his eyes moving across each kamper sitting before him.

"do you know why you aren't to go to the forest alone at night?"

"bears and wolves?" one kalon whispered.

"no," breathed another,"why?"

the kalon chuckled.

"because she's still out there. even in this forest, even now."

silence hung over the fire, if only for a moment.

"let me tell you a story passed on by my own family.

many years after her story began, parents told their children to beware this lonesome forest spirit. who had once been a beautiful kalon had been corrupted, turned into an evil, and cunning witch. wandering alone in the forest, especially without an adult to guide them, children were known to disappear entirely, never to be seen again. some believed they were drowned in a secret pool, while others thought they were eaten by woodland creatures, called to protect the forests by the spirit herself.

"but i know better.

"no, they were not drowned, nor eaten. they changed. by her hand, the forest spirit. she took lost travelers, lured them deep into the forests, and transformed them. they became plants, a part of the forest - the very forest her life force feeds on. she grows her deadly garden by capturing souls, trapping them forever."

"how do you know?" a young kalon gasped.

"shh," safiya hushed them, her eyes wide as she watched the kalon speak. his tongue like silver, he told this story as if he'd told it a hundred times before. was it... true? could it be?

a smooth chuckle escaped his lips, and he reassured the young one.

"listen, and i'll tell you.

"nearly two hundred years ago, one of my ancestors lived in a small village at the edge of an ancient forest. next door, on the very edge of the woods, lived a young girl named idellia and her brother arradus. they were the best of friends, and spent nearly every day together. idellia's mother warned the children not to go into the woods alone, that the forest spirit would take them. and like good children, they listened.

"but one day, idellia and arradus told a wild tale of seeing a fairy in the forest. my ancestor wanted badly to follow them on their chase, but her fear of the forest overcame her. after only a few steps beyond the boundary, she turned back. she watched her friends run off into the woods alone, chasing what they insisted were fairies, though my ancestor never saw a thing.

"that night, when my ancestor returned to ask of their journey, she learned that the two had never returned. their mother had heard a scream and went running, but every pathway was empty, not so much as a footprint to be found. only the steps of my ancestor could be seen, starting in, then turning back. idellia and arradus had been right beside her, yet their paws left no mark."

a gasp. "what happened to them?"

the stranger turned with a glint of dying firelight, as the coals began to subside.

"they were taken, by the forest spirit. all the families in the village searched the woods, but not a trace of them was ever found. until."

silence. his eyebrows raised.

"nearly twenty years later, my ancestor stood at the forest's edge and called her beloved friends' names. 'idellia! arradus!'

"no answer.

"'idellia!' she repeated, and then... footsteps.

"there, standing at the edge of the forest, her childhood friend. idellia had grown. but something else had grown too.

"my ancestor cried out in fear, upon seeing the monster her friend had become. her legs had been replaced by a shimmering glass, and her body, entangled with plant life. her eyes, once carefree and loving, were cold and bitter. she'd been taken by the forest spirit, and turned into a monster.

"my ancestor ran as quickly as she could, and when she called to the others to come find idellia, there was no trace of her. no sign she had ever appeared.

"the villagers thought her crazy, and outcast the mourning soul. they thought she only dreamed of her friend. but if it was a dream... it was a nightmare."

safiya's throat closed, and she felt her stomach turning at the thought. what if that had happened to her best friend? what if it happened to moose? or to her? they had gone out in the forest, with only beni and iphis to guide them...

"was it really her?" another kamper shivered.

"i believe it was. i believe she was taken and corrupted by the forest, and sent back to my ancestor as a warning."

a frightening grin crossed his face, and suddenly safiya felt the sinking feeling return... those eyes... there was something very frightening about him. she didn't feel safe here, as the firelight dwindled, as the moon faded below the cover of the mass of clouds, icy wind chilling through her kamp shirt and down to make her fur stand on end. was it the wind, chilling her, or this tale? this stranger? her eyes turned over her shoulder, back at the dancing leaves... creaking branches...

"alright, kampers, time to call it a night." finn. a familiar, comforting face. safiya felt a wave of relief come over her, and as their bonfire leader put out the flames, kampers whispered about the tale they'd just heard.

shaken, safiya turned to head back to her cabin, watching as everyone stepped away from the doused fire... except for him. she paused, turning at the doorframe and peering around the corner of the building, just enough to catch a glimpse of what he might do next.

he pulled something from his pocket, though she couldn't see what, in the fading light of the moon. the darkness was swelling. an icy wind whipped at her, rattling the door in her hand. it was cold. she could smell the rain in the air. it would be storming any minute now. shouldn't he go inside?

still, he sat unmoving at the fireside, turning something over in his hands.

that was it. a whistle in the wind, and a chill in her bones, safiya turned away. whoever he was, he was strange, he was frightening. perhaps it was best to simply let it go.

eliam ran his thumb along the surface of the smooth, polished stone. a gift from idellia to his ancestor, passed down to him from his own mother, from her mother, and all those before. he felt the chill of the night, he felt the static in the air, but his mind, wrapped up once more, rested on the simple gift.

"find her, liam," his mother had pleaded. "we've all tried. every one. find her."

the stone pressed into his palm. frogs ceased to sing. the night was silent, save for the wind. the trees. the fire drifted its last breath of smoke to the air, ashes gone cold. the moon drifted in and out of existence. the forest was dark. cold.

he felt his legs beneath him, he felt the storm in his lungs. steady breathing, now. the smooth stone, sheltered in his palm. wind pulling on him, against him, pushing him forward, backward. his hair whipped against his back, his face, his throat. he stepped to the forest's edge.

he felt his voice, more than heard it. as if the wind had taken it for itself.

"idellia."

an icy chill surged through him. silence. nothing.

his eyes widened. he stepped forward. once. twice. there. the wild of the night faded as he entered the forest, darkness, silence... light.

he watched it, ahead of him, dancing in the branches. pale, soft, like the light of a fairy.

come

it beckoned him forward. farther, deeper, darker, into the forest.

come

the stone slipped from his hand, clattering into the dirt.

by the time safiya's eyes peered out the dusty window, he was gone.

forest spirit
idellia
arradus
fairy lights

gif

Last edited by Kyar on Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beeqlass » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:15 am

username:
kalon name:
extra art piece: (optional)

a beast who lives in the forest, that only comes out every so often ...
beeqlass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shoe. » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:22 am

username: Shoe.
kalon name: Mary