My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2628

Postby Mint Chip » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:11 pm

Sorry for the delay. After some debate and asking for extra opinions on this, I've finally decided that the win for this adopt goes to Knickknacks! congrats, and I can't wait to see what you do with Jesper!

Knickknacks wrote:A mark for this cute spotty kid <3

Username|| Knickknacks
Name|| Jesper guess who read Six of Crows recently oop
Gender|| Male
Gender for Breeding Purposes|| Male
Prompt|| "Lock and Key"
Jesper liked to think of himself as charming. His confident, easy-to-smile demeanor and smooth talking had helped him to worm his way out of some tight spots before.

The guards hauling him along now, though, had decidedly unswayed by his charisma. Jesper wouldn’t be able to talk his way out of this one.

- - - -

The day had started out pretty well- Jesper had had no expectations of getting caught and hauled off to prison. But a fumbled pocket-picking job had landed him here.

Jesper wasn’t a fighter. He preferred to make his way through life on wits and charm versus sheer strength. So though he walked along agreeably with the guards, his mind was whirring at a million miles per hour, taking in as much information as he could and trying to figure out a way to escape.

Two guards at the door. Busy street outside. Wooden doors, metal bars- too bad I’m not a fire mage, haha- and wait- Jesper’s ears twitched slightly as he picked up on a clinking sound somewhere to his right. He risked a glance, trying not to turn his head too perceptibly, and caught a glimpse of- perfect- a ring of keys dangling from the belt of the guard clutching his right shoulder. That- that would be the key to his escape.

Jesper returned his gaze to the hall in front. They had to be getting close to wherever he would be stashed; the guards probably wouldn’t stick a petty thief in a high-security cell (he hoped). So Jesper seized his moment and stumbled dramatically, pretending to have twisted his ankle.

“Ow! My ankle! Owww!” He yelped dramatically. The guards let out startled cries and grabbed his shoulders again, hauling him back to his feet.

“What was that all about?” The one on the right insisted, giving his shoulder a small, displeased squeeze. Jesper tried to hide his grin, forcing an apologetic and pained expression across his face.

“I- I must have stepped wrong, or something. My ankle hurts- ow- really badly,” He said, glancing mournfully down at his left paw. The other guard bent down to squint suspiciously at it.

“Doesn’t look sprained or broken or anything,” he mused. “You’ll have plenty of time for it to heal while you’re under lock and key, thief,” he continued with a chortle. The other guard looked more sympathetic, silencing her colleague with a disapproving glare. Jesper almost felt bad for stealing the keys off of her belt.

“You okay? Think you can make it down the next hall?” She asked, peering at Jesper’s ankle herself. He nodded, with another exaggerated wince that allowed him to tuck the stolen key ring farther under his arm. It was small enough that he could mostly hide it, and with luck the guards would be too distracted by his limping and moaning to notice their absence.

One hallway- and much exaggerated limping- later, Jesper was bustled into a spartan jail cell. He gave the guards a pained half-smile as they departed. As soon as the door clicked shut, Jesper drew out the stolen keys and grinned widely. This would be a breeze.
527 words
Extras||
I had a piece of art, but my computers are out of commission and imgur on my tablet is being a butt. So no image uploading for me tonight ^^"
nevermind the fact that the door would lock from the outside. I was almost done writing this and realized that massive flaw. heck
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:58 pm

Congrats Knickknacks! Your story was good and I think this guy probably has an interesting story. If you want any friends/relationships for him, maybe my Renny could be friends, since they are both thieves.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:59 am

Eep! Thanks Mint! I'mm excited for this guy as well ;w;

Thank for the congratulations, Gadget! And yeah, I'd love it if our thief boys ran across each other at some point ^^"
Hi there!
You can call me Knick! I'm a runner and casual artist
who loves thinking about stories and never writing them.
I’m around for various arpgs and species stuff ^^

art fight!
threads for arpgs/species I'm currently active in:
kalons--salted stone--knollclan--sound asheep--haven
other cs characters™

she/her -- student -- est
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes