Re: #65 Adoption

Postby winkatuck » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:22 pm

Herringbone wrote:

Username: Herringbone

Name: Dio

Element: Venom

Personality:
I guess you can say that Dio has the personality unlike any other. Tons of mood swings and lots and lots of different feelings and emotions. Which also means that figuring out how Dio actually acts can become a bit of a challenge.
First off, Dio tends to have quite the temper. In fact, that temper can lead him to do some pretty reckless things. And being as venomous as he is, it's not only him that's put into danger during his reckless ways, it's others as well. And it doesn't take a lot to make this kid mad. And once he's mad, he either stays in that mood until there is some sort of shift or until you put some music on. Music is the only thing that really makes this kid happy in his life. With just a click of a button to turn that music of his on, he's immediately back into a calm state of mind. Which also shows how much of a passion he has for not only his playlist but for music as a whole.
Going more into depth on how reckless Dio can get, let's just say he takes his tricks to an entirely different level. He plans things out perfectly, showing his smarts. Being the typical goblin gator, he as well likes shiny things. Lucky for him, he has a nice collection to use to his advantage. With his collection of shiny objects, Dio manipulates other goblin gators to come into his vicinity. From there, it may be too late for them, as he inherits the extremely dangerous venom, such as his mother. With Dio's tricks, it also shows great intelligence. Again, every trick, even reckless, is well thought out to be a trap so he can affect one creature after another with his venomous self.
Though dangerous, this troublesome goblin gator can also be as sweet as can be. But there's a catch to that. He's sweet to anyone that's not affected by his venom. As a side note, no one has yet been found to be able to resist it besides his mother and some of his siblings who also inherit the venomous trait (if any at all). In fact, when Dio isn't angry and is in more of his sweet state, he has dreams and goals like your average person. Yes, this kid is in fact humane when he isn't angry. He's not completely insane. He is a tiny bit bipolar and switches from his anger and happines a lot, typically. Now going along with Dio being a sweetheart when he's not angry, Dio is actually quite the charmer. He wants to be able some sort of relationship in the future. That being said, he practices each day go be as much as a gentleman as he can, but also practices his communication skills so that he is able to build relationships off of that.

Dreams:
Starting simple, Duo's very passionate about music, which is expanded upon a bit in his personality as one of the only things that's really ever able to calm him down when he's mad. Yes, he can be a troublemaker, but in reality, Dio really wants one thing in his life, and that's to expand upon his music passion and spread that you to others around him. Dio's dream is to own a place where many other goblin gators can come together as one and enjoy music. So some type of a club, basically. There will be many events that are held there, such as trivia with music related topics, open mic night, or even just a place to meet up and have fun with friends. Afterall, there is no rule saying that a goblin gator with the element if venom can't provide a place for others to hang out and have fun. This kid will do anything in his power to achieve his dream of owning a club where others can come together and enjoy their own love for music.

History:
His own mother, being too venomous, was on the run to find a place where she could reside without any contact with others. However, his father works for the CDC and was on the hunt for his mother so that he may capture her and bring her back for research and so that he may come up with a cure to help those affected by her venom. From what is mother told him, Dio's father is completely clueless that he and his siblings are his. That being said, Dio pratically grew up without a father figure in his life. Sure, he saw his father around, but because he was clueless and only there until Dio and his siblings were hatched and able to leave the nest so that he may take their mother into custody, Dio again pratically grew up without a father. At the time growing up and discovering his own element, Dio didn't realize how dangerous he was. But as he discovered it, that's when he began to notice that great temper that he carried along with him. He got frustrated easily because he had to prsticslly teach himself everything that a father should've taught their young. So when Dio discovered music, everything was more of a relief to him and and found a happy place. A happy place that would allow him to escape from his bad past so far. And in fact, it has helped Dio a lot so far. It has helped him relate more to the world around him, and will continue to do so as he ages.

Themesong: Waves - Dean Lewis

Playlist:

Tip Toes by half•alive
Armor by Landon Austin
Ghosts by BANNER
COUNT ON ME by NEEDTOBREATH
Blood // Water by grandson

I really like how you included the backstory provided, I can see this character interacting with with the rest of the family. I also like the string of songs you put. It was a tough decision between you and Tricksters.

Just for trying out I'm awarding Tricksters with not 5 but 10 copper! I felt you truly put a lot into form and I loved what you wrote. I just couldn't see the character coming from the same background with the rest of the family. Good luck with your future competitions, I know you'll be a force to be reckoned with!
Hey, I'm Wink and I own Goblin Gators!
I'm temporarily active here so if you got a question about them feel free to shoot me a pm!

winkatuck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tricksters » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:34 pm

Please dont use any of my art~

nova - mouse artist
I work over full time 5 days a week lol
please be patient with me I'm so tired rn

my birthday is august 20th
Tricksters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joke's On You » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:44 pm

Goodness I certainly did not expect to win at all! Thank you so much! I'll take great care of Dio!

Tricksters wrote:Please dont use any of my art~

I won't, don't worry!! However I will say, you have an amazing style and I loved to look at how creative everytbing you drew was. :)

Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me